Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:27:50 AM EDT
Since NBC News was publicly embarrassed for releasing an altered (and misleading) version of George Zimmerman’s 911 call to police the night he shot Trayvon Martin, the network has taken several steps to try to rectify their lost credibility. The most recent casualty of such behavior has been the producer responsible for doctoring the tape, according to the New York Times:

NBC News has fired a producer who was involved in the production of a misleading segment about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida.

The person was fired on Thursday, according to two people with direct knowledge of the disciplinary action who declined to be identified discussing internal company matters. They also declined to name the fired producer. A spokeswoman for NBC News declined to comment.[...]

The people with direct knowledge of the firing characterized the misleading edit as a mistake, not a purposeful act.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nbc-fires-producer-who-doctored-tape-of-zimmerman-911-call/
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd sue them for libel/defamation of character. It certainly fits the bill...
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd sue them for libel/defamation of character. It certainly fits the bill...

That is why they really did it, so in court they can say they tried to fix the problem.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are they NOW worrying about being "truthful" and "accurate"?

If they said it was Saturday I woudn't believe them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They are trying to limit the damages of the civil suit that is sure to come. This way they can go to court and say they did "everything" possible to correct the problem.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
That doesn't change the culture of the organization.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OFT
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Refused to identify?  Sorry, but he's the subject of a legitimate investigation, and THE PUBLIC HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT A PUBLIC FIGURE!!!!!  Including the addresses of people with similar names, so they can be harassed and receive death threats, etc.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but may I hazard a guess at the race or at least political party of the fired producer?

The media publishes everyone elses personal info (names, addresses) regardless of how it might endanger them. But when it's one of their own, the keep it on the down low?

That's crap.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]

In for the name-outing, and a pic of the perp.

Fuckers...

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#10]
They are not releasing his name so they don't get egg on their faces when they rehire him (with a rise, of course) when the shitstorm dies down.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:46:40 AM EDT
[#11]
a subpoena would help I am sure during the defamation of character lawsuit forthcoming
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I cannot sit on a jury for civil suits because I've been involved in one. Well, any attorney worth their salt should ask anyways. That said, maybe it's a good thing cause NBC would fry for this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Refused to identify?  Sorry, but he's the subject of a legitimate investigation, and THE PUBLIC HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT A PUBLIC FIGURE!!!!!  Including the addresses of people with similar names, so they can be harassed and receive death threats, etc.

I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but may I hazard a guess at the race or at least political party of the fired producer?

We are talking about NBC. A retarded Grasshopper can figure THAT out

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#14]
There is 0% chance that edit was a mistake or accidental
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:03:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No doubt. And for being so creative, I'm sure that in his line of work he won't be unemployed for very long.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:10:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe someone should tweet there name and address
And see how he or she likes it.  Scumbag.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#18]
They dont gve his name as they never actually fired him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's what I read as of yesterday.  They'll probably give him/her a promotion when things quiet down.  What kills me is they throw this red meat out there for the hordes demanding justice to whip them into a frenzy, and whatever truth comes out after the fact (like this editing) matters not.  In fact the hordes will ignore the truth or claim its a cover up.  Also, notice they don't release names of youths involved in outrageous assaults and murders, yet they gave out the name of the young person who was the only one that actually saw Zimmerman on the ground?  But hey, at least they did not give out his address.    Sickening.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:12:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep, probably correct. The whole organization needs sued out of existence.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:16:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:22:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to know who the producer was.

So I can Tweet everybody I know his\her address
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:28:38 AM EDT
[#23]
They won't release the name because of HR's privacy rules.  It can be discovered through discovery.  

This is why I don't watch mainstream news.   It's manipulative and geared toward ratings and advertising revenue generation.  Has anyone noticed that the IMF boss, Christine LaGarde recently asked for $600 billion to bail out Europe?  She'll get it from the Federal Reserve and our dollars will be devalued even more.    Now that's real news.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This. And if the firing actually happened - scapegoat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:41:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Let's see a photo of the perp.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let's see a photo of the perp.  

Will it be his mugshot or a picture of when he was in the 6th grade?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:51:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm guessing his dog stepped on the keyboard during the crucial editing process.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Good. Thats what I said needed to happen. Now figure out who else aided them in that act and can them too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Fired from that position and hired into another one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They won't release the name because of HR's privacy rules.  It can be discovered through discovery.  

This is why I don't watch mainstream news.   It's manipulative and geared toward ratings and advertising revenue generation.  Has anyone noticed that the IMF boss, Christine LaGarde recently asked for $600 billion to bail out Europe?  She'll get it from the Federal Reserve and our dollars will be devalued even more.    Now that's real news.

Fine.  Dont tell us who they fired, just let us know who produced the sediment in question.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:16:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Not intentional.  Bullshit.

Fired: bullshit too.  Probably removed from his job and hired at a new promotion for his journalistic brilliance.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OFT

Yup.

It was probably a case of ordering someone to do something and then firing him when he got caught.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are trying to limit the damages of the civil suit that is sure to come. This way they can go to court and say they did "everything" possible to correct the problem.

that's like saying "yes I stabbed him in the neck, but then I rendered first aid"
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I want to know who the producer was.

So I can Tweet everybody I know his\her address

just pick a name out of the hat of who works at NBC and tweet that., in fact, pick out a high ranking executive .........seems to be the same style as what NBC does.

just make shit up........
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

just pick a name out of the hat of who works at NBC and tweet that., i

Don't forget to include their home address.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

They are not releasing his name so they don't get egg on their faces when they rehire him (with a rise, of course) when the shitstorm dies down.

this is probably how it all goes down.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fired from that position and hired into another one.

I thought we were talking about NBC not ATF.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:55:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm guessing his dog stepped he spilled Skittles on the keyboard during the crucial editing process.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Fired from NBC but hired minutes later by MSNBC, if even that.

I don't really think the person was fired, this "story" is not an official statement by NBC, it's just a rumor by "two people".

I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of the media anyway.

-Gator
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No doubt. And for being so creative, I'm sure that in his line of work he won't be unemployed for very long.

I'm sure Obummer will write him a letter of reference. Fucking pathological liars gotta stick together.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:06:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OFT

ditto

What about everyone else in the chain
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:07:05 AM EDT
[#42]

i'll hold my breath waiting for other networks with their so called "reporters" to out the fired piece of shit

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Now they should start firing all the "Voice experts" who have been making idiots of themselves.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Now they should start firing all the "Voice experts" who have been making idiots of themselves.

If their statements supported your views would you be saying otherwise?

The ones I've been hearing say that the screaming isn't Zimmerman.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.  This incident is just another example to add to how NBS (and the other major networks, for that matter), are NEVER to be trusted.  Let's see...

1.  RIchard Jewel.

2.  Dateline NBC rigging up GM trucks to explode for a Dateline segment.

3.  Reporter "canoeing" through ankle-deep water to exaggerate severity of flooding.

4.  Badly forged documents used as "evidence" that GWB was a draft dodger (not NBC, but what the heck).

5.  And now, editing the Zimmerman tape to insert a racial element into the story.

If three's a trend, what's five?

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#46]
DNC
NBC
ABC
CBS
NYT
UAW
GM
GE

Things that make you go hmmm...
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Damage control.

The Wizard hates when the Munchkins get a look behind the curtain, and a flying monkey had to take it in the neck to deflect attention away from the little man back there pulling levers.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fired from NBC but hired minutes later by MSNBC, if even that.

I don't really think the person was fired, this "story" is not an official statement by NBC, it's just a rumor by "two people".

I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of the media anyway.

-Gator
Wow, good point, didn't think about that.

Not a small wonder that the mainstream news media is bleeding red ink, who wants to pay for lies and distortions.?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  This incident is just another example to add to how NBS (and the other major networks, for that matter), are NEVER to be trusted.  Let's see...

1.  RIchard Jewel.

2.  Dateline NBC rigging up GM trucks to explode for a Dateline segment.

3.  Reporter "canoeing" through ankle-deep water to exaggerate severity of flooding.

4.  Badly forged documents used as "evidence" that GWB was a draft dodger (not NBC, but what the heck).

5.  And now, editing the Zimmerman tape to insert a racial element into the story.

If three's a trend, what's five?

Add to that Jason Blair who made up the story for his Pulitzer priize winning story for the New York Times.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top