Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag to see if OP grows a pair.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I hate pawnshops with a passion, but recently I needed some quick cash so I pawned my NIB Benelli M1 Tactical.  

I basically needed a payday advance but knew that it would be cheaper to do a short term pawn loan than one of those.  I ended up going back to get my gun about a week later and the interest charge was $15, far less than a payday advance.  Anyway, after I paid the loand off they took forever to get back with me and finally came back and said they couldn't find the gun.    So they told me they'd look some more and call me later about it.  So finally they call and said that some 'new' guy sold it buy mistake.

So, now they are offering to replace it with a Benelli M2 Tactical 'display' model that one of their shops has in stock.  It supposedly isn't used or fired, but does have some handling wear.  I went to look at it and it has some cosmetic issues like dinks on the ghost ring sight and some scuffs on the barrel and receiver and I also noticed the trigger guard is plastic unlike the metal one on the M1.

Any advice about this?  Is this M2 that they are offering probably as good as I'm gonna get from them?  

Btw I paid $900 for the M1 back in '04.

Update: I haven't spoken with them since yesterday (Sat, March 31) but I'm leaning towards taking the M2 they are offering me and asking for some additional in-store credit or cash.   I've already paid the $500+$15 to them as I had to before they even would do the paperwork and stuff to get my gun back.

You need a NIB M4. They screwed the pooch on this one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
YOU DO NOT NEED A LAWYER TO SUE SOMEONE IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND IS COMPELTELY UNECESSARY.

Sorry for shouting, but this thread is a black whole of legal ignorance. I've sued people twice in small claims court (and made many other threats to do so) and I've never once used a lawyer. All you have to do is conduct about 3 hours of research on the relevant laws, get your crap together, and let the pawn shop know that you will be suing them and why. However, if you take them to court, be sure to have any claim that you make BACKED UP IN WRITING. For example, if you say that the pawn shop loaned you 500 dollars, be sure that you are able to produce a receipt to back it up, and so on and so forth.

Honestly...small claims is a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 5:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
YOU DO NOT NEED A LAWYER TO SUE SOMEONE IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND IS COMPELTELY UNECESSARY.

Sorry for shouting, but this thread is a black whole of legal ignorance. I've sued people twice in small claims court (and made many other threats to do so) and I've never once used a lawyer. All you have to do is conduct about 3 hours of research on the relevant laws, get your crap together, and let the pawn shop know that you will be suing them and why. However, if you take them to court, be sure to have any claim that you make BACKED UP IN WRITING. For example, if you say that the pawn shop loaned you 500 dollars, be sure that you are able to produce a receipt to back it up, and so on and so forth.

Re-sized so you won't miss it OP. This is BS you need to get this tajken care of and DEMAND your shit back. Stop being a pussy and giving them a chance. Every business I gave a 'chance' to make things right only used that time to build up their case against me. There is no honor among thieves and that is exactly what you are dealing with right now. The more time you let pass the harder it is going to be to prove your case.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Re-sized so you won't miss it OP. This is BS you need to get this tajken care of and DEMAND your shit back. Stop being a pussy and giving them a chance. Every business I gave a 'chance' to make things right only used that time to build up their case against me. There is no honor among thieves and that is exactly what you are dealing with right now. The more time you let pass the harder it is going to be to prove your case.  

He's probably not getting his gun back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]
JESUS.......TALK TO CORPORATE AND FILE A POLICE REPORT.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#7]
ost    
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Update: I haven't spoken with them since yesterday (Sat, March 31) but I'm leaning towards taking the M2 they are offering me and asking for some additional in-store credit or cash.   I've already paid the $500+$15 to them as I had to before they even would do the paperwork and stuff to get my gun back.

You need to grow a pair and man up.

They owe you, not the other way around.  You're getting soaked by jackasses and you're allowing them to do it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:00:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not even acting like he wants it back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Pawns shops in Texas are regulated by the State, need to find out which dept handles that and file complaint with them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He's not even acting like he wants it back.

Well this is probably a troll thread, but nevertheless, if they sold it to an innocent 3rd party he ain't getting it back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Their fuck up equals their loss.  I wouldn't take the M2 they are offering.  

The only thing I would be interested in is the exact model in the exact condition as the one I pawned.
or
At least 100% current replacement value.
or
Benelli M4, just because I want one
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#13]
In Texas, they are regulated and inspected by like the Texas Consumer Credit agency and they are bonded for colossal fuck ups like this.

If they don't make it right and serve up a replacement to your specifications, there will be a 1-800 number posted in their shop and on the back of every pawn ticket to call for filing complaints.

When I used to work at one in college, we had a robbery and had some customer guns get stolen. My boss kissed major ass to keep those people happy. One guy lost a cz-75. My boss gave him a Belgium Browning Hi Power to keep him satisfied and not complain. But they all had to pay off the loan first.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As a pawnbroker, I see only a few ways this fuck-up could happen. In order of likelihood . . . .

1.) A chain of monumental screw-ups and failure to exercise due care resulted in the wrong item being sold or redeemed. Normally, enough checks are in place to prevent  this from happening. Perhaps, the M2 the shop is offering as a replacement is a gun that was past due and ready to be foreclosed (or maybe somebody came in to pick up the M2). The shop either gave the guy redeeming the M2 the OP's M1 or did their loan foreclosures and pulled the OP's M1 instead of the overdue M2. Nobody checked the serial number or matched the tag on the item to the pull list or when doing the redeem. Also, the salesman who  sold/redeemed the M2 went off of computer records when filling out the 4473 (using and E form, perhaps) instead of actually recording the serial number off the gun. If this is how it went down, the FFL log book will show the M2 already sold and the M1 still in the shop.

2.) The gun is still in the shop, but not in the place they think it is. In this case, the FFL A&D book would show no disposition.

3.) The OP didn't actually pawn his gun. He sold it. This does not appear to be the case, since the OP says he has a ticket that lists pawn terms. If this were the case, the shop should be able to produce a signed BUY ticket.

4.) The OP lost his pawn ticket. Somebody else found it, saw a way to get a nice shotgun on sale and went on down to the shop to claim his item. In this case, the shop should be able to produce a signed REDEEM ticket, with the ID of the person who picked it up.

5.) Somebody stole the gun from the shop –– either an employee or someone who gained access to the pawn store room. If this happened then the gun should still be listed in the store's possession on the FFL's A&D log book. In this case, the dealer should call the ATF to report a theft.

6.) Somebody inside the pawnshop deliberately bypassed the pawn software AND the FFL log book in order to take possession of the gun prior to the legally mandated foreclosure date.  A deliberate act seems highly unlikely. Pawnshops take this stuff seriously. Plus, there's no need. They see so much cool stuff come through all the time, they soon get jaded and the temptation goes away pretty fast. Besides, they don't need to short circuit the process or cheat. If they want something, they only have to wait for the item to foreclose. If such a deliberate act did occur, it would be theft, not a mistake. Time to call the cops.

So, yeah, it could have happened as a screw up. The OP could be wrong about some part of the story. The item could have been redeemed by someone else. It could be stolen. The LEAST likely explanation, by a long shot, is that the shop did this intentionally. I can almost guarantee that did not happen.

And as a former pawnbroker..that's what I said.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Tagging this one.  Find out the MSRP for a new M1 and they owe you that.  If not, call your local ATF office, and the local sheriffs department and report a stolen gun.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a pawnbroker, I see only a few ways this fuck-up could happen. In order of likelihood . . . .

1.) A chain of monumental screw-ups and failure to exercise due care resulted in the wrong item being sold or redeemed. Normally, enough checks are in place to prevent  this from happening. Perhaps, the M2 the shop is offering as a replacement is a gun that was past due and ready to be foreclosed (or maybe somebody came in to pick up the M2). The shop either gave the guy redeeming the M2 the OP's M1 or did their loan foreclosures and pulled the OP's M1 instead of the overdue M2. Nobody checked the serial number or matched the tag on the item to the pull list or when doing the redeem. Also, the salesman who  sold/redeemed the M2 went off of computer records when filling out the 4473 (using and E form, perhaps) instead of actually recording the serial number off the gun. If this is how it went down, the FFL log book will show the M2 already sold and the M1 still in the shop.

2.) The gun is still in the shop, but not in the place they think it is. In this case, the FFL A&D book would show no disposition.

3.) The OP didn't actually pawn his gun. He sold it. This does not appear to be the case, since the OP says he has a ticket that lists pawn terms. If this were the case, the shop should be able to produce a signed BUY ticket.

4.) The OP lost his pawn ticket. Somebody else found it, saw a way to get a nice shotgun on sale and went on down to the shop to claim his item. In this case, the shop should be able to produce a signed REDEEM ticket, with the ID of the person who picked it up.

5.) Somebody stole the gun from the shop –– either an employee or someone who gained access to the pawn store room. If this happened then the gun should still be listed in the store's possession on the FFL's A&D log book. In this case, the dealer should call the ATF to report a theft.

6.) Somebody inside the pawnshop deliberately bypassed the pawn software AND the FFL log book in order to take possession of the gun prior to the legally mandated foreclosure date.  A deliberate act seems highly unlikely. Pawnshops take this stuff seriously. Plus, there's no need. They see so much cool stuff come through all the time, they soon get jaded and the temptation goes away pretty fast. Besides, they don't need to short circuit the process or cheat. If they want something, they only have to wait for the item to foreclose. If such a deliberate act did occur, it would be theft, not a mistake. Time to call the cops.

So, yeah, it could have happened as a screw up. The OP could be wrong about some part of the story. The item could have been redeemed by someone else. It could be stolen. The LEAST likely explanation, by a long shot, is that the shop did this intentionally. I can almost guarantee that did not happen.

And as a former pawnbroker..that's what I said.

Well, actually, they shut down an old pawn shop several years ago because the owner's son couldn't keep his hands off of other people's stuff.  Pot of Gold was the name of the shop.

Not saying that's the case here (badfish's suggestion that this is a troll thread is sounding better).  The BATF did come in, shut the place down, took their FFL, and charges were filed.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not but what he doesn't realize is that he will get the original value of his gun back and then some. If you are smart you include court fees and lost wages in your claim for small claims court and as long as it is a reasonable claim you will get what you ask for. That M2 they are offering him is probably defective in some way shape or form. It will probably end up costing him money. He is about the only person I know who pawns their good stuff.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#19]
so OP pawns it, they have to hold on to it for 60-90 days or so.
he goes back a week later to get it.
finds out its been sold out of state.     even though OP still owns it.

they are a nat'l chain,...there is no way they would have posted it on their site that quickly, if it was pawned.

even blaming a new guy @ pawn shop...there are a lot of processes that have been bypassed @ pawn shop
there is a lot of missing or improper info in this one.  multiple things are hinky.

OP, i bet you get taken advantage of a lot.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.  Tell them to replace it with a NIB shotgun of the exact same model.  If they refuse, take them to court.

I agree with Oscar.

No offense meant to the OP, but beings as he needs a pawn in the first place I think a lawyer may be out of the question.

Small Claims court.

No Lawyers.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I hate pawnshops with a passion, but recently I needed some quick cash so I pawned my NIB Benelli M1 Tactical.  

I basically needed a payday advance but knew that it would be cheaper to do a short term pawn loan than one of those.  I ended up going back to get my gun about a week later and the interest charge was $15, far less than a payday advance.  Anyway, after I paid the loand off they took forever to get back with me and finally came back and said they couldn't find the gun.    So they told me they'd look some more and call me later about it.  So finally they call and said that some 'new' guy sold it buy mistake.

So, now they are offering to replace it with a Benelli M2 Tactical 'display' model that one of their shops has in stock.  It supposedly isn't used or fired, but does have some handling wear.  I went to look at it and it has some cosmetic issues like dinks on the ghost ring sight and some scuffs on the barrel and receiver and I also noticed the trigger guard is plastic unlike the metal one on the M1.

Any advice about this?  Is this M2 that they are offering probably as good as I'm gonna get from them?  

You want cash.

Store credit only costs them a fraction of the cash value.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, if this is indeed not a troll thread..... you need to be proactive on this.  I would demand nothing less than another new M1.  Like others have said, pawn shops are heavily regulated.  A couple of phone calls to the right people might be in order.  

At least demand to speak with Corportate on the matter before you fold.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So the guy doesn't have his gun and already paid back the money owed?  That sounds like the very definition of robbery to me.  Just because a 4473 was done doesn't mean it wasn't STOLEN from the OP.  I'm sure local law enforcement and ATF have some interest in a pawn shop selling stolen goods FIREARMS.

You would think...
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Most of you folks really have no clue.  I'm not sure why you're even posting.

What you think 'stolen' means, and what it means in the real world are obviously two different things.

To try to frame this in a different perspective, think of this:
You own a computer repair store.  One of your technicians isn't up to speed on the proper way to fix a computer, and fucks up, destroying all the data on the hard drive.  

Customer posts on AR15.com's GD, and they tell him your data is stolen and to call every alphabet agency they can think of, whether they have jurisdiction of any sort on any issue involved.  

Now, just think.... before you get spun up in righteous indignation... does the availability of recovery actually factor into whether or not this is theft?  Is the data stolen if it can be recovered?  Does the intent of the repairman or you (the shop owner) factor into if this is really stolen?  After you work through these questions, the determination of 'stolen' should become more apparent.  If not, please, please, please don't do business with any humans, as humans tend to have occasional mistakes, and sooner or later, someone might have one with you.  Your reactions are over the top.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

"what would you do if you bought a NIB M1 and the shop called

you up and wanted it back. I would tell them to fuck off."

If the shop didn't own the firerarm to begin with, I would take it back.

And then ask the owner why he was running such a shady operation.

Exactly.

Ring ring... ring ring...

NIBM1-new-owner: Hello?

Shop: NIBM1-new-owner-guy?

NIB: Yeah, what?

Shop: This is Pawn Shop... about that NIBM1, we weren't legally authorized to transfer that weapon.

NIB: Well, shit.

Of course, that assumes that the Pawn Shop actually sold it. I'd bet that they still have it or that they 'sold' it to an employee.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You want cash.

At this point, I would just involve the authorities.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You want cash.

Why do you care what it costs them to make right on their fuck up?  If he's entitled to $1000 cash, but they're willing to give him $2000 worth of store credit that is actually useful to him, whats wrong with that?  Who cares if it really only cost them $850 to cover their fuck up?
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Found the Texas regulations
RULE §85.413Lost or Damaged Goods

(a) Responsibility. A pawnbroker must repair or replace, with like kind merchandise, pledged goods that are either lost or damaged while in the pawnshop's possession.
More at link.

Also interesting.  They should not have taken your payment:

(b) Acceptance of payments. Any payment may not be accepted from the pledgor and the original pawn ticket must be returned when pledged goods are:

(1) lost and not replaced;

(2) damaged and not restored to the condition at the time pledged; or

(3) unavailable for redemption.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(a) Responsibility. A pawnbroker must repair or replace, with like kind merchandise, pledged goods that are either lost or damaged while in the pawnshop's possession.
More at link.

(b) Acceptance of payments. Any payment may not be accepted from the pledgor and the original pawn ticket must be returned when pledged goods are:

This was one of a series of fuck ups.  I can see where they'd want payment before going through the effort of calling in NICS.  After the call to NICS they probably discovered that the gun was no longer in the shop.  They probably should have refunded his payment at that point, but were in such a cluster fuck, didn't really know what to do.  Whomever disposed of the gun is probably going to get fired.  Whomever was supposed to make sure that the gun didn't get mixed in to the 'out for sale' pile, will probably get fired.  The manager on duty, who didn't refund the OP's cash per this regulation will probably get fired if this moves from the local level to corporate.  Store manager is going to have a tough time on this one as well from Corporate.  All the more reason to keep working with the local store at this point, as they're well motivated to make you happy and go away without making too much noise.  This will probably equate to a better settlement then going to corporate, as corporate at some level will not want to be 'extorted' by a pushy customer, their fault or not.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
DO NOT TAKE THE M2

they paid dealer cost for it to compensate something you paid retail for?  they will get getting off light if you take the M2.

i would require them to return your M1.

Small claims court typciall allows limited discovery.  Find out who they sold it to and how much they paid for it.  If it was a third party, they likely sold it for a pretty penny, establishing your damages.  If they sold it to an "insider" like an employee, there is a good argument that this was a willful act of theft.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to grow a pair and man up.

They owe you, not the other way around.  You're getting soaked by jackasses and you're allowing them to do it.

Tell 'em you'll call the cops unless the produce the 4473. Right now!

(and I'd also be on the phone to corp and any relevant regulatory agencies)

It sounds like you're rolling over like a puppy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is a step by step way to handle it:

Step 1

Inform the pawn shop that the M2 is not an acceptable alternative.  Point out that it is a $500 weapon whereas the weapon you pawned was worth at least $900.  (at least that is my understanding from others posts).  Inform the pawnshop you want 1) your weapon, in the same condition it was left in 2) an equivalent weapon, or 3) a specified cash payout based upon the value of your weapon.

Step 2

If you do not get satisfaction, make a complaint to the Consumer Credit Commissioner of the State of Texas.  Note that one of the regulations quoted here makes that a prerequiste to legal action.

Step 3

Go to small claims court.

Other actions, like contacting the ATF or the local PD, are at your discretion.  If the problem persists, I would probably make a police report because it might be useful at a later date.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I think the OP needs to come back or we should abandon this thread.  It's becoming redundant.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More at link.

So he gave them money AFTER they lost/stole his gun??
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Apparently, but it'd be reasonable to assume that the clerk that took his payment and started the background check didn't actually know the gun was missing beforehand.  Pawnshops don't generally retrieve collateral from the back room until after the business up front is concluded.  The mistake made in this portion of this monumental fuck up is that they should have returned his payment right then and there.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]

This makes no sense....  

They sold a firearm that wasn't theirs to sell.  I'd contact the ATF and local law enforcement and report it.

They know who purchased the firearm because of the ATF form.  The shop, ATF, and local police can go right to that individual and get the firearm back and refund that person's money or trade.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently, but it'd be reasonable to assume that the clerk that took his payment and started the background check didn't actually know the gun was missing beforehand.  Pawnshops don't generally retrieve collateral from the back room until after the business up front is concluded.  The mistake made in this portion of this monumental fuck up is that they should have returned his payment right then and there.

OK - so he left with no gun AND he paid them $500??
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#38]
He did.  By his report, when they initially couldn't find it, they told him they'd keep looking and would call him later when they located it.  I'd guess they didn't want him standing around wasting his time if someone shelved the gun in the wrong slot and they didn't have immediate access to it.  At that point, I'd be that they still thought the gun was in-house, and it took more investigating to determine that someone fucked up really bad and the gun was gone.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Wow, just noticed your in Irving. What pawn shop was it? My neighbor owns a few in town and he knows people.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You're got 'em by the short hairs. Make them order you an M2 M4.

This. Make them buy you an M4 Super 90.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Some comments on this thread:

1. Please, everyone, STOP with the “Call the ATF!” stuff.  The ATF does not involve itself in low-level consumer matters.  It just doesn’t.  So no need for anymore “Call the ATF!” cries.

2.OP, from what you’ve posted here, my guess is that you’re either 1.) Not telling us everything, or 2.) You’re not being proactive.

3.I agree…the “we sold it” bit sounds fishy, given the laws surrounding how long a pawn shop must hold something, and given the amount of time it takes to sell an item.  IF the timeline the OP gave us is accurate, I find it hard to believe they could have sold it online so quickly.

4.OP, assuming everything you’ve shared here is 100% accurate, you need to talk with them and be polite, but firm.  Speaking for myself*, I would calmly explain that they wrongly sold my gun, and that I will need either the gun or – if they can’t produce it in a timely matter - its fair market value.  If they balk, you need to calmly tell them that the resolution they’re offering is not acceptable, and that while you’d hate to escalate the matter to the police, a regulatory agency and/or small claims court, you will do so if necessary.

5.Here’s where it gets tricky: If you don’t get a proper resolution and you threaten to escalate the matter, you have to actually mean it.  You wouldn't be the first guy to make a threat of seeking legal recourse, only to never be seen or heard from again.  If you have to threaten to "go there" with this pawn shop, then you have to actually be willing to "go there".  Bluffing will not get you anywhere.

This entire situation reminded me a bit of the Lancaster Arms fiasco.  When Lancaster started telling people “Your gun is shipping tomorrow”, and months then went by with no gun arriving, I saw several people online write different versions of, “Well, it looks like I lost $500”, or “Looks like this was an expensive lesson for me.”  I was absolutely amazed that someone would let themselves be swindled and, for lack of being willing to expend a couple hours of effort, just resign themselves to the fact that they had been ripped off.  To this day, I still think the reason Lancaster swindled so many people, is that Lancaster’s owner came to understand that a lot of people will LET themselves be swindled.  Easily.

I mention this OP, because it sounds like the pawn shop may believe that you will just go away or accept a crappy (for you) resolution if they can simply drag this matter out long enough.  To the extent you allow them to do so, well…that’s entirely on you.  If you aren’t willing to expend the necessary effort to either get your property back or be justly compensated, let us all know so that this thread can die.  As others have mentioned, every time a business is allowed to get away with something like this…it only reinforces in their minds that they can.   Which is not good for you, or anyone else.

Otherwise, put on your big boy pants and resolve the matter.  Today!

And if there are some “other facts” about this whole matter that you haven't shared with us (because we all know that with these types of threads, we’re always getting 100% of the facts ), well…that would be another good reason for this thread to die.    

* I wouldn’t be in this situation in the first place, because I would not own a $900 gun while simultaneously not being able to meet my short-term financial needs.  Hopefully you will use this situation as encouragement to get your financial house in order.  First and foremost, that means shoring up your finances so that you never again have to go to a pawn shop to borrow $500 for a week.  In this sense (and not to excuse the pawn shop), this entire mess was created by your own lack of financial preparedness.  Let this be the last time you find yourself in a situation where you leave yourself open to being taken advantage of.        
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah... a rookie listed a new shotgun online... because everybody lets the new guy run the online site

If one in every 1000 reads called Cash America Corporate asking about this incident, specific pawnshop and if this is how CA does their business the OP will have enough corporate attention to resolve his issue to complete satisfaction instead of this pussy footing around where; well if you're only going in an inch I guess its ok. OP is being treated like the new guy in prison that takes a shot of coffee from Bubba and are shitting blood for the next week because you believe you owe him.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Waiting for let down from op
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought an SKS from a pawnshop once exactly like this. They did not have the right to sell it. The sheriff came and got the gun from me and I had to persue the pawn shop in small claims. I'm fairly confident your gun has been stolen by the pawn shop, even if they did not intend so. Contact the sheriff and report it stolen.

I.C.

They are claiming it was sold online to a buyer out of state, that is why they cannot get it back.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn tell these assholes you want your gun back! Do not settle for anything less. In Alabama a pawn dealer would be breaking the law if they sold a gun before 21 days even if they take it in on trade on another gun per state laws. Their out of state sell means nothing, if anything seems it then becomes a federal matter once the firearm crossed state lines. Don't settle for some corporate driven bullshit excuse. They are  sticking it in you and breaking it off and it appears you are going to let them. Act now!
If you get it back and it has been fired or is scratched sue the bastards still.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#46]
What the hell?!

Last Login Date:

4/3/2012 4:26:08 PM PDT

Last Post Date:

4/3/2012 4:08:00 PM PDT

The OP can't even come in here and leave an update?

Something is starting to smell here.

This is starting to look like another library girl troll or at least something like it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What the hell?!

Last Login Date:
Last Post Date:

This is starting to look like another library girl troll or at least something like it.

He probably took the deal for the M2 and doesn't want to show his face here for an update after the online bashing he took.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell?!

Last Login Date:
Last Post Date:

He probably took the deal for the M2 and doesn't want to show his face here for an update after the online bashing he took.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He probably took the deal for the M2 a plastic squirt gun and doesn't want to show his face here for an update after the online bashing he took.

adjusted for reality.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell?!

Last Login Date:
Last Post Date:

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top