Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2012 8:14:45 AM EDT
While eating chow today one of the SGT's in my company was ranting about Gas prices being high. I get it. Gas prices being high sucks. More so when you've chosen a life style that is Highly dependent on gas... Like he has. He then stated that the government should get the Better Bussiness Bureau involved in lowering Gas prices because the evil oil corporations were ripping american's off. Ignoring the retardation of him thinking that the BBB was a government entity. I told him the government should never have the power to force a corporation to lower there prices, and once demand dropped off for gas the prices would drop (not that i see that happening any time soon). After this he told me, and I quote "That I must be some sort of Liberal with those sort of High and Mighty Ideas".

Are people really this dumb? I mean, I only have a high school education and am no intellectual..... but come on.

I know...
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
While eating chow today one of the SGT's in my company was ranting about Gas prices being high. I get it. Gas prices being high sucks. More so when you've chosen a life style that is Highly dependent on gas... Like he has. He then stated that the government should get the Better Bussiness Bureau involved in lowering Gas prices because the evil oil corporations were ripping american's off. Ignoring the retardation of him thinking that the BBB was a government entity. I told him the government should never have the power to force a corporation to lower there prices, and once demand dropped off for gas the prices would drop (not that i see that happening any time soon). After this he told me, and I quote "That I must be some sort of Liberal with those sort of High and Mighty Ideas".

Are people really this dumb? I mean, I only have a high school education and am no intellectual..... but come on.

I know...
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Cool_abbfab_1578124.jpg.

Yes, yes they are

exibit a: Barack Hussein Obama is our president
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:18:29 AM EDT
[#2]
While it was he that was spewing liberal ideas, it is a good thing that calling someone a liberal is still considered an insult in most circles.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
i am always referred to being a right-winger because i have a lot of firearms etc...actually i'm more moderate and pro-choice.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#4]
He's right about the evil in the oil companies. They are the most diabolical fuckheads on earth. Its because of them that we're still rocking the internal combustion engine. Ancient, out dated tech, when we could be using far superior tech.

The oil companies today are just like the church during the dark ages suppressing the advancement of science and tech.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Are people really this dumb?

Yes.

Next question please.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i am always referred to being a right-winger because i have a lot of firearms etc...actually i'm more moderate and pro-choice.  

I like freedom, including freedom to own bang bang toys and not worship a god.

The hell am I?
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He's right about the evil in the oil companies. They are the most diabolical fuckheads on earth. Its because of them that we're still rocking the internal combustion engine. Ancient, out dated tech, when we could be using far superior tech.

The oil companies today are just like the church during the dark ages suppressing the advancement of science and tech.

Jesus H. Christ I hope this was just a joke and you do not really believe that bullshit
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Get real. Evil American oil companies control less than 5% of world-wide oil production.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Which efficient, viable alternative-energy vehicles haven't been brought to market because of them?

Please provide infowars.com link for verification.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus H. Christ I hope this was just a joke and you do not really believe that bullshit

My girlfriend's dad is an oil exec for exon mobile. I've never seen such opulence and disdainful attitude towards life. They're fucking vampires, her dad included

Pic of gf for the leg humpers:

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
The "L" word gets thrown a lot around this site, too. It's just an attempt to diminish someone's station so as to invalidate their position with little to no effort of argument. It doesn't even mean anything anymore. It's laughable, really.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Unfortunately, yes many people are that dumb.

Antying that they don't agree with and/or understand is automatically an opinion held by the "ebil other side".

You see this in GD all the time.

You see this among libtards all the time.

Every time I see it I lose a little bit of hope for the future of this country.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Then stop using gas powered vehicles and find a different way to live your life or invest in alternative power. I understand that they have most likely used there money to have laws passed that prevent the research and distribution of alternative modes of power. Which is evil, but the corrupt Govt. that is bought and controlled by money is by far the greater evil. If your referring to the oil corporations using there money by buying patents, research, and smaller companies in hopes of keeping oil on top. Then you can hardly fault them. That's just good business.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you the kind of guy that buys free energy device schematics on the web for $49.99?

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

actually i'm more moderate and pro-choice.  

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then stop using gas powered vehicles and find a different way to live your life or invest in alternative power. I understand that they have most likely used there money to have laws passed that prevent the research and distribution of alternative modes of power. Which is evil, but the corrupt Govt. that is bought and controlled by money is by far the greater evil. If your referring to the oil corporations using there money by buying patents, research, and smaller companies in hopes of keeping oil on top. Then you can hardly fault them. That's just good business.

You hit the nail on the head, and I completely agree with you, which is why I have no respect for their kind and neither does my gf. I'm exposed to that tier of people, and its unsettling. I've been at dinners where they actually sit around, smoke 100+ dollar cubans, sip on on 1000 dollar coniac and laugh how they've supressed alternative power advancement. Its sickening. I guess I'm just jaded. I drive a a hybrid, and conduct my life accordingly. What you just said is exactly why capitalism is evil, and why Nikola Tesla  was most likely killed(tin foil hat on). Hell if it wasn't for his untimely death who knows where we would be today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head, and I completely agree with you, which is why I have no respect for their kind and neither does my gf. I'm exposed to that tier of people, and its unsettling. I've been at dinners where they actually sit around, smoke 100+ dollar cubans, sip on on 1000 dollar coniac and laugh how they've supressed alternative power advancement. Its sickening. I guess I'm just jaded. I drive a a hybrid, and conduct my life accordingly. What you just said is exactly why capitalism is evil, and why Nikola Tesla  was most likely killed(tin foil hat on). Hell if it wasn't for his untimely death who knows where we would be today.

Hahahahaha!  DU is thataway <<<<<<

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
capitalism is evil

<CoC violation> yourself

You don't know evil. It does exist, and  it ain't free trade.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If that was a serious post, you should go climb in a nice tub full of hot water and cut your wrists.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahahaha!  DU is thataway <<<<<<

No shit.
Rather be dead then red. Fucking commies.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know...
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Cool_abbfab_1578124.jpg.

Some time NCO (No Chance Outside) really does fit.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that was a serious post, you should go climb in a nice tub full of hot water and cut your wrists.

Your telling me to commit suicide because of my opinion? wtf is wrong with you
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to GD
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Untimely death?  He was 86 years old!  Back in 1943, that was VERY OLD.  And he was nuttier than a squirrel turd by that time.

You are lying.  There is no suppression of alternative technology by the big oil companies.  Nothing worse than lying to yourself.  Lying here just makes you look foolish.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought we already tried this in the 70s???

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Considering the Govt takes 13% in taxes on a gallon of gas and the oil company only makes a 2% profit on a gallon of gas who is the evil one really and who is causing high gas prices?
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My girlfriend's dad is an oil exec for exon mobile. I've never seen such opulence and disdainful attitude towards life. They're fucking vampires, her dad included

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/legitdan/photo53.jpg

your envy and jealousy is thinly veiled.

time to grow up and get a real education ...........Stoner.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

sunzabitches bought up a patent on a gizmo that let's your car run on water.

ROT IN HELL!

ETAsk: OP, did daddy buy that rock in her belly button, or you?

Just curious.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Capitalism isn't "evil", humans are "evil."

In any socio-ecomonic system there is greed, abuse and fraud.  There is no system that is free from these problems, the differences come in with the extent and the severity of the consequences of said "evil deeds."

I defy you to find a better system than the regulated capitalism that we've had for decades.

Communism?  Nope.

Socialism?  Nope.

Fascism?  Nope.

Fascist/populist hybrids like "Peronism"? Nope.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#32]
He was right.  You were advocating liberalism.  Free markets and non-intervention.

He was advocating Fascism or Marxism (depending on the method of control) and strict government control over an industry.

You should have said thanks.  I'd rather be a liberal than a statist any day.

eta: Oh, and you'd better get used to it.  Use reason on hopeless populists and you're a "liberal."   Use it on hopeless marxists, and you're a "reactionary."  etc...

It's the method of debate known as "Your point is invalid because you are a (insert name here)."
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/legitdan/photo53.jpg

What is worse?  Greed when it involves keeping the money one earns, or greed when it involves taking the money that someone else earns?
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
He was right.  You were advocating liberalism.  Free markets and non-intervention.

He was advocating Fascism or Marxism (depending on the method of control) and strict government control over an industry.

You should have said thanks.  I'd rather be a liberal than a statist any day.

Mind = blown
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yet you still choose to live in the U.S.?

If you've got that much of an issue with capitalism you should move to North Korea. They'll show just how much better they are than the "EVIL CAPITALIST U.S."

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In any socio-ecomonic system there is greed, abuse and fraud.  There is no system that is free from these problems, the differences come in with the extent and the severity of the consequences of said "evil deeds."

I defy you to find a better system than the regulated capitalism that we've had for decades.

Communism?  Nope.
Socialism?  Nope.
Fascism?  Nope.

Better than unregulated capitalism?  How about free market capitalism?

Actually, I'm kind of teasing.

Free market capitalism doesn't need your approval or permission to operate.  It always operates anyways.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Communism?  Nope.

Socialism?  Nope.

Fascism?  Nope.

Better than unregulated capitalism?  How about free market capitalism?
You really think a guy who thinks capitalism is evil is going to throw out laissez-faire capitalism capitalism as his example of a ideal economic model?

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I about lost my monocle, I raffed so hard.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Communism?  Nope.
Socialism?  Nope.
Fascism?  Nope.

well said.

hey OP do you or your girlfriend benefit from her daddies money?
or have you/she disowned them, moved away and live your lives totally separately from them?

did they pay for her education?

give her a head start in life with a car, nice clothes, contacts for success?

no?

didn't think so.

you bitch at the master of your benefit I would imagine.

you either can not articulate your argument in a clear and cogent manner or you are as stupid as they come.

either way, you need to go bitch somewhere else, you'll find no sympathetic audience here, your wasting bandwidth and oxygen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I about lost my monocle, I raffed so hard.

Just for the record. I'm an anarcho-capitalist..... and my soul hurts because someone who believes "capitalism is evil" agreed with me. I think that its great that these men can enjoy the fruits of there labor
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You may not realize it, but what you said is the underlying principle behind the greatest evils of human history, so yeah, some people get a bit testy about that. I'm not talking about 'cut-throat' business practices, but real throats being cut, and people being shot, and imprisoned, and tortured, and murdered wholesale because some asshole wrote a book about how capitalism is evil. So yeah, if that's your 'opinion' too, then perhaps you should think hard about it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Communism?  Nope.

Socialism?  Nope.

Fascism?  Nope.

well said.

hey OP do you or your girlfriend benefit from her daddies money?

or have you/she disowned them, moved away and live your lives totally separately from them?

did they pay for her education?

give her a head start in life with a car, nice clothes, contacts for success?
no?

didn't think so.

you either can not articulate your argument in a clear and cogent manner or you are as stupid as they come.

either way, you need to go bitch somewhere else, you'll find no sympathetic audience here, your wasting bandwidth and oxygen.

Stoner63 isn't the OP.  Besides, he left because he had to go to another 99% protest.  After they dropped by his GF's daddy's place to grovel for spending money.

Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#43]

no?

didn't think so.

I said none of that
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tell us SPECIFICALLY what technologies have been supressed. And if the oil companies are in business to make money, why don't they promote those suppressed technologies to make money?
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta be a joke.  Please be a joke.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Let me start by saying I am a taxi driver and have been for 20 yrs., mid-July this year, obviously I don"t like paying
3.85 a gal. . I drive a 2005 CVPI  mileage is approx 18/per , I'm not complaining , my gas costs are approx. 30.00 / day
and that's nearly 100-150 miles per day @ 2.20 per mile , at least 200.00 per week , plus what the CO. gets , but that 's
not fuel costs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top