Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2012 6:45:41 PM EDT
Debit card was counterfeited in New York and used to the tune of $2,200 before the account was suspended.

Two Things:

1. Thank goodness for an alert fraud detection group used by our credit union.

2. I really hate miserable, cock-sucking, piece of shit, cum guzzling, shit smear thieves.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
On this occasion, in this thread, it gives me great pleasure to debut the meme I created a couple of weeks ago...

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Debit cards are dangerous.  I don't want people to have such an easy and direct link to my money.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Me two about two weeks before Christmas I caught 3 little gangbanger essays breaking into my neighbors car.i ran inside grabbed my 45 rushed them two ended up getting away I got 1of them.for 10 min before the cops got there all he kept saying is its his cousins (one of the ones that got away) friends car.I don't know two many people that go to there friends house at 3 am and go through there car and take a flashlight knife and the cd player faceplate not the whole cd player just the faceplate.

Eta:and then my neighbor decided not to press charges
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Debit card was counterfeited in New York and used to the tune of $2,200 before the account was suspended.

Two Things:

2. I really hate miserable, cock-sucking, piece of shit, cum guzzling, shit smear thieves.

GRR! Sumbitches stole my bicycle today while I was out touring the local pawnshpos and gunshops. Had to catch a ride home with the policman.
Basturds need to be ventilated.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ese not essay.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry bro I needed to buy a KSG.

Good thing they caught it before they spent anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#7]
iPad types what it wants
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

On this occasion, in this thread, it gives me great pleasure to debut the meme I created a couple of weeks ago...

Thanks for that. My wife and I both got a good laugh.

You know, I am reconsidering my feelings on the death penalty for theft.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

sorry bro I needed to buy a KSG.

Good thing they caught it before they spent anymore.

Dammit, that's what I wanted to use the money for!

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the time is long overdue for the entire credit industry to transition to two factor authentication for ALL transactions.

Every ATM and point of sale terminal should require your PIN, a password, and a biometric scan. (Fingerprint swipe or something)

Online transactions should require a PIN and an alternate password created for use only where a biometric scan is not available.

Granted, it would make using your card a couple of seconds slower,  but it would make fraudulent use of your card a LOT harder.

Additionally, the account should also include a lockdown password or PIN,  which if used, instantly suspends the account and

prevents any further usage of that account.    The account owner would use this if being forced under duress to access his account,

or if he has any reason to wish to shut down the account immediately as a safety precaution.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not sure how it happened but one time about 6 months ago I had a nasty incided that was similar.  The wife was going through the bank statement and found out that someone had gotten our number and I guess duped our card an went to a buch of cell phone stores across Fla and racked up almost $8000 before it was all done.  That card was not with a credit union just a local bank but I still got everything back but I guess they could have pretty much surmised that I was not all over Fla in one day.  What is amazing to me is the fact that no one caught anyhing till we got our statement at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That might be abit extreme I am thinking strung up by their little shriveled up balls.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I would rather spend time with a murderer than a thief.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't we used to hang horse thieves? There's plenty of video on how they handle theft in the Arab countries.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Didn't we used to hang horse thieves? There's plenty of video on how they handle theft in the Arab countries.

The African model seems to work quite well as well.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The African model seems to work quite well as well.

Except for those minute little details that they don't bother with...like making any reasonable effort to prove beyond a reasonable doubt

that the person accused is actually the person who committed the theft.

Judges, juries, and rules of evidence are SO "not applicable to this society".  

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Death by sping (not air powered) BB gun!
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:54:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That might be abit extreme I am thinking strung up by their little shriveled up balls.

I can get on board with that. Hanging them does seem a bit extreme.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I think the time is long overdue for the entire credit industry to transition to two factor authentication for ALL transactions.

Every ATM and point of sale terminal should require your PIN, a password, and a biometric scan. (Fingerprint swipe or something)

Online transactions should require a PIN and an alternate password created for use only where a biometric scan is not available.

Granted, it would make using your card a couple of seconds slower,  but it would make fraudulent use of your card a LOT harder.

Additionally, the account should also include a lockdown password or PIN,  which if used, instantly suspends the account and

prevents any further usage of that account.    The account owner would use this if being forced under duress to access his account,

or if he has any reason to wish to shut down the account immediately as a safety precaution.

CJ

That is an excellent idea. Has anything like this been suggested and/or attempted?

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:34:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

That is an excellent idea. Has anything like this been suggested and/or attempted?

Some websites already have a password to use with visa but it's still clunky and not widely used.

But there is no security that can't be defeated.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Two Things:

Nothing is worse than a thief
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:55:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Heck

I had someone get my CC number and try to charge $10k worth of computer equipment on it over in China.

Luckily my CC company is good and called me to verify the charge and declined the charge.  

Top Top