Posted: 1/30/2012 2:54:43 PM EDT
Ok strange request
Figured someone here could help

Looking for a pic of a battery powered water gun made mid 1980 or early 90's
it was a ak or ar type pistol... the kicker is it was red and blue camo

If anyone can find it i would appriciate it
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The look! The feel! The sound! So real! Entertech!

Not sure if it's the particular one you're looking for, but the AK Centerfire coupled with the movie Commando was enough to give an 80's child a life long case of BRD.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok strange request

My son has somethingl similar to that but its not old it says "saturator" on it, and it takes 4 AA bateries in the rear panle, its an ak pistol...

When I was a kid my father made me a squirt gun, all the kids had "super soakers", he machined me a simple polished aluminum pipe to fit inside a piece of 2 -1/2"PVC, with a soda bottle on the top of it with a check valve installed on the soda bottle, you filled the bottle, then screwed it into the pipe, and then pulled forward on the aluminum tube, that sucked the water out of the pipe and collapsed the bottle, then you just pulled the pipe back together and the water sprayed out..  It shot far and a lot of water...  We were poor, but i had the best squirt gun..
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]

The now defunct LJN Toys Inc. Entertech AK Centerfire.

IIRC later releases were brightly colored after outcry that the orginals looked "too real".
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an Entertech that looked like a Tec-9.  The ammo capacity was lousy though.  Not much water was in those magazines.  You'd get smoked by somebody with a 99 cent squirter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A buddy and I had ones that looked like UZI's (well kinda sorta)  The magazines were removable and were water resivoirs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember those...man we had some of the coolest toys in the 80s before all the stupid crime ban shit....
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember those...man we had some of the coolest toys in the 80s before all the stupid crime ban shit....

I am really reaching back here but I believe Entertech had 2 full auto cap guns that never really were popular. One was a Tech-9 and the other was an Uzi.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
 I had some of those.  Had an Uzi pistol, a VP-70, 1911, and a CAR-15-ish something.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#10]
If my memory is right it looks like that black one posted
But with a crazy red and blue camo ish color ...
sounds dumb but i wanna paint my competition. Gun the same color
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one in red/purple camo, but it was an MP-5 style.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, entertech.  They had to change colors because kids were getting shot by police
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#13]
In elementary school, my teacher let us occasionally play with a few those. He kept them in a drawer with the obligatory model solar system and other educational things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I had 2 awesome battery powered uzi water guns straight out of Invasion USA style. They were sweet and no way they would make anything like that now cuz USA is pussified.  Man...Toy guns used to be so sweet.  The uzis were all black as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, entertech.  They had to change colors because kids were getting shot by police

Citation?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 3:53:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Citation?

Is an article better?  The year....was 1988.  And kids playing with toy guns were getting shot back then too.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/16/garden/after-3-deaths-realistic-toys-are-under-fire.html

NYC actually dated back to 1955!  

And I guess this works...Wikipedia...
Entertech

The short-lived success of Entertech was due to law enforcement officers who claimed to have mistaken toy guns to be actual firearms, killing children toting toy guns.[6] In addition, there were report incidents of criminals utilizing toy guns in robberies of retail establishments and even banks.[7] In the midst of these highly-publicized incidents, Entertech voluntarily began manufacturing their guns with blaze orange-colored caps in 1987, and began a line of less-realistic neon-colored guns later that year.[9][6]

Now it doesn't say that an actual ENTERTECH was used in the ahhh....commission of a crime, but none the less, realistic looking toy guns.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Even more realistic than the Entertechs were the Edison Giocattoli cap guns.   They had plastic strip caps that actually ejected each spent cap when it fired.   Another reason toy guns have a orange marker on them these days.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#19]
My parents sold the house I grew up in. The new owners turned it into a restaurant. One night last year we were eating there and the owner came up to me and said he thought he had something that belonged to me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out one of my favorite water pistols from the 70's! He found it in a concrete block wall.
It was a lime green 1911!
I still have massive index fingers from shooting water guns growing up!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A buddy and I had ones that looked like UZI's (well kinda sorta)  The magazines were removable and were water resivoirs.

This sounds like the one I had. Funny thing is that my parents actually kept mine and now my youngest son plays with it.  Of course it no longer is able to shoot water. This thing has got to be at least 25 or 26 years old.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Even more realistic than the Entertechs were the Edison Giocattoli cap guns.   They had plastic strip caps that actually ejected each spent cap when it fired.   Another reason toy guns have a orange marker on them these days.  

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUw0lN1vM7QxikBhuJtXIdoRS3MfY95k9jZhT0irgoDD0dJ_CtYCe1MsSQ

I got suspended from school for 5 days for bringing one of in back in the mid 80's.

Dad did not kick my ass however

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:24:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit!!! I haven't heard of these in so long. My dad bought my an AR15 model when I was 5.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUw0lN1vM7QxikBhuJtXIdoRS3MfY95k9jZhT0irgoDD0dJ_CtYCe1MsSQ

Hey! I had one of those!  They were great!  Mine looked like a Luger and had a slip on supressor.  Bad ass cap gun......

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/dcp6111.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9812/dcp6111.jpg</a>

IIRC later releases were brightly colored after outcry that the orginals looked "too real".

I had an all black one just like this one picture.  I think my brother did too....man we like to play kill each other.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:12:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't know if its the same brand but I had a lime green and blue camo Uzi. This was maybe '89

I also had a spy edition big wheel, had a full auto squirt gun that mounted on the handle bars. Operated by a thumb switch when mounted and by the trigger when unmounted, and had a gear shift that let out bubbles. This was around '87
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know if its the same brand but I had a lime green and blue camo Uzi. This was maybe '89

I also had a spy edition big wheel, had a full auto squirt gun that mounted on the handle bars. Operated by a thumb switch when mounted and by the trigger when unmounted, and had a gear shift that let out bubbles. This was around '87

Something like this.

can't find the Uzi

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:52:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I remember having one that was a neon blue, red, and green (or something like that) and it was a Colt Commando, but can't remember the name now for the life of me.  I also had the MP5 PDW version with the same camo scheme.  They were battery powered, and totally rad.

Thanks for the memories, OP.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/214/dcp6111.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9812/dcp6111.jpg</a>

Oooooo I had one of those.  I believe mine was bright red before I painted it black.  I wish I still had it, although I think the siphon tube or pump cracked and wasn't feeding water anymore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thank you so much for posting that picture. I had a simular model when I was a kid but never could remember the brand/make. I would really like to have one back

The model I had

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:07:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know there's one of those down in the basement with all my son's toys from the '80s

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I had a BUNCH of those badboys.

I had several handguns, and the rifle with the thumbhole stock.

When Goldeneye came out (I was 10), I used to take my favourite scoped semi-auto pistol around with me everywhere.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok strange request

My son has somethingl similar to that but its not old it says "saturator" on it, and it takes 4 AA bateries in the rear panle, its an ak pistol...

When I was a kid my father made me a squirt gun, all the kids had "super soakers", he machined me a simple polished aluminum pipe to fit inside a piece of 2 -1/2"PVC, with a soda bottle on the top of it with a check valve installed on the soda bottle, you filled the bottle, then screwed it into the pipe, and then pulled forward on the aluminum tube, that sucked the water out of the pipe and collapsed the bottle, then you just pulled the pipe back together and the water sprayed out..  It shot far and a lot of water...  We were poor, but i had the best squirt gun..

Sounds like you had a great dad that loved you very much. Money isn't everything. It ain't bad, but what you had there is what counts.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I had an Entertech that looked like a Tec-9.  The ammo capacity was lousy though.  Not much water was in those magazines.  You'd get smoked by somebody with a 99 cent squirter.

I had the Tec 9 version as well.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I had one of those too.

No wonder I hang around this place.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I had the mini-uzi and the micro. Freakin' wire stock reciprocated. It was cool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#37]
My little brother had a battery powered full-auto CAR-15 that had a SAW mag like water reservoir. I think it might have been a Rambo licensed product if I remember right.

I very much remember declaring jihad on fireants with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I had that one!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Thats it the blue and red one... except mine had black mags... i dont know where that pic was found because i have been looking for weeks,,,

I had so many real looking cap guns it wasnt funny
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey! I had one of those!  They were great!  Mine looked like a Luger and had a slip on supressor.  Bad ass cap gun......

I had a Luger, too.  Shot the thing so much the back of the "magazine" wore down and broke off.  

I also had one of the Entertechs that looks like an AR pistol.  Turns out an extended waterfight in the garage will cause much staining of the unpainted drywall, resulting in a very angry father and a weekend of free painting labor.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Wasn't there a water gun around the same time that shot ink that disappeared after a while??

Thought that was what the OP was originally looking for until I read through the thread.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a water gun around the same time that shot ink that disappeared after a while??

Thought that was what the OP was originally looking for until I read through the thread.

Zap-It
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:39:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Luger, too.  Shot the thing so much the back of the "magazine" wore down and broke off.  

I also had one of the Entertechs that looks like an AR pistol.  Turns out an extended waterfight in the garage will cause much staining of the unpainted drywall, resulting in a very angry father and a weekend of free painting labor.  

I had this one:

I also had the other models that used the same "supermatic" cap strips, but didn't cut and eject them.   I had the Uzi Pistol, the 1911 look alike, and a sort of tommy gun look alike rifle.

My brother and I used to "reload" the plastic caps with the powder charges from a roll of paper caps.

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I had that one and the one that was like a magazine fed pump shotgun. That one put out a lot of water with each "blast." Really soaked people.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#46]

My wife got me this in 1982. Still works like a champ...

Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thank you so much for posting that picture. I had a simular model when I was a kid but never could remember the brand/make. I would really like to have one back

The model I had
http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab345/tigerham/15071.jpg

Brings back memories.
I had a snub nosed revolver cap gun that came with a press on removable suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone remember the cowboy style single action cap guns that took the paper roll/strip caps?  You could take a rock and set off a whole line of them with a flick of your wrist on the pavement.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I had several of these. They were awesome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh man, brings back memories.. Our dorm used to have massive water gun wars with these.  I had a whole "arsenal" of them mounted behind my door.. lol I even had the water pump shotgun.

I had the Uzi as well.. looked like this one

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis/1985/larami_uzi.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top