Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to see how this turns out....

Prolly with even more

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
No way would I take a poly and I would never acknowledge any of them again.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Does druggie frequent pawn shops? Anyone visit them to see if stolen goods are there?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I were in that position, I'd tell them to fuck off and never speak to them again.

After 10 pages the first response is still the best one.  

Seriously, any other course of action by you would be foolish IMO.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#5]
3) Mother is currently blowing up my phone saying she won;t take it. She won't, neither will I. That simple. Fiance and I are meeting up when she gets off work in a few hours so I will have her answer to the ultimatum.

If the sister is agreeing to take it and the mother is not, then one of the following situations is happening:

1.  The mother "did it" and is trying to pin it on you to break you and the fiance up.

2.  The fiance did it (with knowledge of the mother) as an excuse to break up with you and lacking the moral fiber to do so directly.

Item 1 seems more likely.

You now have zero need to meet with the fiance.   This family has declared war on you and  you will never survive it.   You are blessed with the opportunity to eject now without further harm.   Were it me, I'd email the fiance and say "thanks for everything we've had, but it is over now.   No matter how this turns out, our relationship is damaged and will face never-ending grief going forward, and I'm just not up for that."

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This whole thing reminds me of a joke from a long time ago. If fact, the preacher told it Sunday.

A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grant me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

OP

GET IN THE FREAKING BOAT !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is a list of conditions that would have to be met before I would ever take a poly  not eject in this circumstance.

1) Fiance pussy is made out of solid gold.
2) Fiance shits diamonds and emeralds.
3) Fiance pisses Crown Royal Reserve
4) Fiance Family promises to commit seppuku if you pass.
5) Fiance gives you permission to get a whore for your birthday every year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This whole thing reminds me of a joke from a long time ago. If fact, the preacher told it Sunday.

A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."

Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

OP

GET INT THE FREAKING BOAT !!!!!!!!!

NICE!!! +87
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I highly doubt anything is missing. More likely the Mom does not like you and wants to split you and her daughter up. You are in between a M1A1 and a Howitzer, either way you're fooked. The only way to win this game is to not play.

Any other combination of tactics will only have the Mother hate you more or make the Daughter choose you or the family. This will not make a lasting future for you in marriage. Ignore drama, never feed into it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Crazy people will always be willing to go at least one step further than you will ever be willing to go in their game.

And they will always manage to believe that it was your fault they had to go that far.

OP, If you remember nothing else in your life, remember I said this because until you've had a severely mentally ill person in your immediate family you simpy can't recognize it on your own until it happens.

And unless you permanently eject from this situation immediately, you're going to learn it one way or another.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Here is a list of conditions that would have to be met before I would ever take a poly  not eject in this circumstance.

Is there a difference?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That makes me think of a joke:

3 little boys are walking down the street when they come up to a parking ot with a Mercedes benz and a BMW in it.

1st boy says: "I wish I was made out ofgold, that way I could just chip off a little piece of me and buy the Benz."

2nd boy says: "I wish I was made out of platinum, that way I could chip off an even smaller piece and buy that BMW"

3rd boy says: " I wish I was covered in hair, cuz my sister has a little patch of hair this big and she owns both them cars!"

Anyways, the mother has adamantly denied to taking the test as well so the poy is no longer on the table. MY fiance and I are going to have a great come to Jesus meeting tonight. The more I think about it though, I think this is the end of our relationship.

Daniel
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#14]

I agree that this might put enough pressure on them that they may drop it.
Keep in mind that you won't be asking mom questions. The examiner will be asking her a set of questions specifically related to the incident as will the daughter.

OP you said you really hate the mother? Why are you thinking of marrying the other daughter? When you get married it will be a life sentence- mom's life but still. Your life will suck.

Where does your fiance stand on all this?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."

OP

NICE!!! +87

Hey, are you still in 87th place? lol

Anyway,
OP, you are expecting a miracle that can't happen.

No matter what happens now, any marriage to this gf of yours is doomed.

If you marry, and she cuts off ties with her family, you will, in the back of her mind be blamed.

If you marry, and she doesn't, your children's lives will be hell due to her parents.
If they are allowed to see them, you will be maligned at every turn, and holidays will be like getting an  enema performed by circus elephants
If they aren't allowed to see them, your GF  will blame you, and your kids will be told that you weren't forgiving enough and they will as well.

Start fresh, find a new one. There are a ton of them out there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Long story short some jewelry turned up missing from a family members house while I was there. They're blaming me, not their drug addict busted for shoplifting multiple times daughter, and want me to take a polygraph. I'll pass it but I think them spendig $300 on a polygraph is fucking stupid. They already filed police reports and the cops even said "why would we suspect him? he has no record and currently has a secret clearance with the .gov?"

What says the hive? Take the poly? or Don't take the poly?

Daniel

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

2) The druggie daughter has agreed to take it, no objections at all. Momma on the other is hand is pretty pissed and is apparently bitching about why should she take it and whatnot. 2to1 odds she won't.

3) Mother is currently blowing up my phone saying she won;t take it. She won't, neither will I. That simple. Fiance and I are meeting up when she gets off work in a few hours so I will have her answer to the ultimatum.

Listen here OP. EJECT you fool! Do it now!

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 little boys are walking down the street when they come up to a parking ot with a Mercedes benz and a BMW in it.

1st boy says: "I wish I was made out ofgold, that way I could just chip off a little piece of me and buy the Benz."

2nd boy says: "I wish I was made out of platinum, that way I could chip off an even smaller piece and buy that BMW"

3rd boy says: " I wish I was covered in hair, cuz my sister has a little patch of hair this big and she owns both them cars!"

Anyways, the mother has adamantly denied to taking the test as well so the poy is no longer on the table. MY fiance and I are going to have a great come to Jesus meeting tonight. The more I think about it though, I think this is the end of our relationship.

Daniel

Sorry I can't read through 10 pages right now. I know everyone says it doesn't matter at this point because the relationship is doomed, but I'm very curious: What are your fiance's feelings about all of this? What did she say? Does she have your back? Does she want you to take the test? Does she think her mom's way out of line?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Excited response to questions"...

Few things make me as angry as being accused of lying.  

Thus, I am not sure I could pass a polygraph under circumstances described by the OP, because I might  be very very angry.  Shaking with rage and smashing things angry. Vividly imagining bad acts.  

Well I've been reading up on poly's and as long as they don't have pressure pads in the seat I'm thinking of doing the "sphincter muscle clinch" on all questions so that I wind up with "untestable". Then the fiance can't base any decision on the paper, if she wants to be with me, then she will be, if not, then well, a couple hundred bucks was a cheap way of finding out this early.

Oh and I am so glad that after I proposed we swapped the stone with a CZ and put it in MY lockbox!

Daniel

I assure you, if you've read about it in a book, any competent polygrapher will be looking for it.  You appear to be seeing this as a game, and think you can use your superior wit and intellect to "prove" something.  You have no lcue what you are getting sucked into.  You are indeed being pulled into the drama.  It is akin to digging yourself out of a hole, or spending your way out of debt.
It's like that cat on the deck rail approaching the bald eagle.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Long story short some jewelry turned up missing from a family members house while I was there. They're blaming me, not their drug addict busted for shoplifting multiple times daughter, and want me to take a polygraph. I'll pass it but I think them spendig $300 on a polygraph is fucking stupid. They already filed police reports and the cops even said "why would we suspect him? he has no record and currently has a secret clearance with the .gov?"

Daniel

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the "detective" in charge of the case. He's setting up a third party polygraph that will involve me, the MOTHER, and the druggie daughter. Just called and left a message saying that ttaking a poly was fine, but we're using who I chose and the mother and daughter have to take one as well. If they agree, well, let's go take a poly! If they don't, I'm walking away anyways so fuck it. My fiance has been issued the ultimatum that this is what is going to happen and that if they don't acquiesce, then she can either stay with me or FOAD, but I won't have any more bullshit about being a thief. They have til the end of today to decide.

2) The druggie daughter has agreed to take it, no objections at all. Momma on the other is hand is pretty pissed and is apparently bitching about why should she take it and whatnot. 2to1 odds she won't.

Some men you just can't reach.

Oh well, taggity for my "future divorce thread" archive.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daniel

The ball is in her court.  Either she is with you 100% no reservations (which includes ZERO contact with her family) or you are through.

So many normal chicks out there, dude.  SO MANY.  Do it right the first time, because 50% don't.

ETA:  If you haven't figured it out, it is nearly impossible that she will be with you 100% for life.  I'd eject.

Remember, most failed marriages biggest worry is the kids.  It is much better to think of them now, before they exist.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daniel

Listen here OP. EJECT you fool! Do it now!

NOOOOO!!!!   Please stay and update us weekly...
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Daniel

Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wish it was man, I wish it was. Anyways, the mother isn;t going to acquiesce to my part of the demands so It's time to say goodbye to this BS. The fiancee and I still haven't talked about it yet, so I may be single by nights end, who knows?

To answer someone elses question, supposedly the full retail value is between15-20k or so, but besides what they say, they can't hardly even prove that they ever even owned any of this jewelry. Their response to that was "Well can you prove that you bought your jewelry?" Fuck yeah I can, everything of value that I own has papers that show when I bought it, and for how much. Shit, the diamond in the engagement ring is laser etched and I have it insured. From what they told me it sounds like if someone scrapped that jewelry they would get maybe a couple grand.

Daniel

This is really bad.  Most of us weren't probably thinking 15 to 20k.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#24]
This thread is funny.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I were in that position, I'd tell them to fuck off and never speak to them again.

- sounds like a plan.  But, could you get the engagement ring back BEFORE you told them that?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Since your IM box is full i'll just put this here, similar to what i said earlier but...after the come to jesus meeting, i'd still look into a poly...Pay for it, have it done, if you pass get the results and questions and give them gf..ex or not.  If you fail don't tell them you took it.  If you pass and give them to the family it's a giant F you to the whole family.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Since your IM box is full i'll just put this here, similar to what i said earlier but...after the come to jesus meeting, i'd still look into a poly...Pay for it, have it done, if you pass get the results and questions and give them gf..ex or not.  If you fail don't tell them you took it.  If you pass and give them to the family it's a giant F you to the whole family.

A giant, but completely unnecessary FU.  Unless you need to try to win petty battles with people who by definition can't lose.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take the poly then turn around and sue them for defamation of character.

Best advice yet.

OR just go live your life in peace and happiness?  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#30]
1.  The mother "did it" and is trying to pin it on you to break you and the fiance up.

Item 1 seems more likely.

You now have zero need to meet with the fiance.   This family has declared war on you and  you will never survive it.   You are blessed with the opportunity to eject now without further harm.   Were it me, I'd email the fiance and say "thanks for everything we've had, but it is over now.   No matter how this turns out, our relationship is damaged and will face never-ending grief going forward, and I'm just not up for that."

Indeed.  You are talking about your future mother-in-law.  The "til death do us part" vow applies to HER too.  You ready to take that vow?  Relationship sounds like it is alreadty toxic, with no chance of de-tox.

As a parting gift to the fiance, take the poly if they push it, then eject.  Maybe the former fiance will wise up & eject on her looney mom.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:42:32 AM EDT
[#31]
It sounds like the relationship is destroyed.  Take the test and then walk away from the whole lot.   If you really want to piss future MIL off tell her you do not discuss maters of personal integrity with girl friend's female family members. The male head of the family will need to contact you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Could be that OP is trolling the ex-fiancees family.

Perhaps this is an elaborate plan to get revenge on the family for years of wrongs committed against him.

He already put the real diamond from the engagement ring into storage....

After he ejects while at the same ime causing dissension amongst the ex-fiancees family, he can use the $15-20K from the missing jewelry to go on vacation to the Caribbean.

Edmond Dantes, is that you?????
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel

The one bright spot is the mother won't take the poly.  How can she ask you to take one if she won't?  In fact, the whole family should take the poly.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I can only think of one way this can work in your favor and it will have to be your Fiance who takes the offensive and puts the Mother in her place. You doing anything will only fan the flames. The Fiance needs to tell the Mother she loves you and to stay the fuck out of her relationship and knock off the serious (but stupid) allegations.

She needs to tell the Mother she can choose to accept you and be part of your lives or be shut out. She needs to tell the Mother this shit stops right here and now. Basically, your Fiance needs to grow a pair right now for you to have any chance at a future with this Woman.

I still say eject because it does not sound like your girl has the nuts for this. Sad OP, but you need to eject or face a long life of hell. You got one shot but your girl needs to become a lion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#35]
At first I though it was Your parents accusing you now that I see
it is a GF my best advice now is to just smile and walk away.

No matter what you are in a world of shit going forward.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#37]
get the ring back before you talk.

then drop the bomb.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A giant, but completely unnecessary FU.  Unless you need to try to win petty battles with people who by definition can't lose.

I love to win petty battles with people who by definition can't lose....Just like arguing on the internet...it makes me feel like a big big man.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I wish it was man, I wish it was. Anyways, the mother isn;t going to acquiesce to my part of the demands so It's time to say goodbye to this BS. The fiancee and I still haven't talked about it yet, so I may be single by nights end, who knows?

To answer someone elses question, supposedly the full retail value is between15-20k or so, but besides what they say, they can't hardly even prove that they ever even owned any of this jewelry. Their response to that was "Well can you prove that you bought your jewelry?" Fuck yeah I can, everything of value that I own has papers that show when I bought it, and for how much. Shit, the diamond in the engagement ring is laser etched and I have it insured. From what they told me it sounds like if someone scrapped that jewelry they would get maybe a couple grand.

Daniel

You being single would be the absolute smartest thing you could possibly do.

Sure, your fiancee is going to be hurt, and that's a shame, but unless you bail out, you are going to hear about this time and time again FOREVER.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I can only think of one way this can work in your favor and it will have to be your Fiance who takes the offensive and puts the Mother in her place. You doing anything will only fan the flames. The Fiance needs to tell the Mother she loves you and to stay the fuck out of her relationship and knock off the serious (but stupid) allegations.

She needs to tell the Mother she can choose to accept you and be part of your lives or be shut out. She needs to tell the Mother this shit stops right here and now. Basically, your Fiance needs to grow a pair right now for you to have any chance at a future with this Woman.

I still say eject because it does not sound like your girl has the nuts for this. Sad OP, but you need to eject or face a long life of hell. You got one shot but your girl needs to become a lion.

With respect:

It doesn't matter what his fiance does. She is still part of that family. Even if she were to take him by the hand, board a plane and fly to the other side of the country, requesting them to start a new life far away from her "previous" family; he would be betting his future, everything he has, the welfare of his potential children whom he would love, everything he will have, ALL upon the whim of a woman who could change her mind at some time in the future and "reunite" with her long lost, crazy, mother.

Only a fool or a sadist would voluntarily walk into a situation like that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP

NICE!!! +87

Hey, are you still in 87th place? lol

Anyway,
OP, you are expecting a miracle that can't happen.

No matter what happens now, any marriage to this gf of yours is doomed.

If you marry, and she cuts off ties with her family, you will, in the back of her mind be blamed.

If you marry, and she doesn't, your children's lives will be hell due to her parents.
If they are allowed to see them, you will be maligned at every turn, and holidays will be like getting an  enema performed by circus elephants
If they aren't allowed to see them, your GF  will blame you, and your kids will be told that you weren't forgiving enough and they will as well.

Start fresh, find a new one. There are a ton of them out there.

Nope done fucked it up at the end of the day , sold too early  88 now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled trainwreck
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Daniel

Is there going to be an insurance claim for the items in question?
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Holy fuck I totally missed the secret clearance thing.  Under no circumstances take this thing.  You don't want any risk to your security clearance.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Old southern saying, "Blood maybe thicker then water, but cum is thicker then blood."  If she is worthy she will stick by you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
(SNIP)

Daniel

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Screw the whole family. Drama for the rest of your life. Apple does not fall far enough from that tree. Grasp eject handle. You know what to do. Plenty of Fish in the Sea. DO IT.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With respect:

It doesn't matter what his fiance does. She is still part of that family. Even if she were to take him by the hand, board a plane and fly to the other side of the country, requesting them to start a new life far away from her "previous" family; he would be betting his future, everything he has, the welfare of his potential children whom he would love, everything he will have, ALL upon the whim of a woman who could change her mind at some time in the future and "reunite" with her long lost, crazy, mother.

Only a fool or a sadist would voluntarily walk into a situation like that.

Most likely you are right and in this case eject may be the only option. My MIL and myself did not get along for about 5 years. She made all kinds of stupid allegations against me (nothing as serious as in this thread). It took my wife to finally stand up to her and put her in her place. She had a choice to be part of my family or GTFO. She chose to knock it off and we talked and worked it out. I get along with the MIL just fine now and in fact we talk all the time.

This case is more serious and indeed his only option may be to eject. I still think he has an outside chance if his girl gets tough on Mom RTFNOW. If not ? Pull the handle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Drama you has it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Congratulations on your freedom. Pity you earned it this way though.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top