BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I can't believe all of the bull shit advice in this thread.

OP.  Skip the ice.  Do not mix it with shit.

Keep the bottle in the freezer.  Pour about a shot, take a sip and swish it around your mouth for about 5-7 seconds.

You will notice several subtle changes in flavor.

Your welcome.

ETA:  I currently have 4 bottles of Jameson's in stock.

Finally, a real answer. Although, I prefer mine at room temp. I like my vodka frozen.

Why buy good liquor and mix it with crap or water it down with ice or water? That's just as bad as doing shots. Sip, swish, taste, enjoy. Why get in a hurry?

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
 Redbreast is the most readily available pure pot still in the US.  

My boss gave me a bottle of Redbreast for Christmas. I had just about finished last year's bottle of Bushmill's,too.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 5:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just took a shot... pretty strong stuff. How else can I drink this stuff?

Get some Guiness and Baileys and make an Irish car bomb.

FWIW, Jamesons is just about the smoothest whiskey out there. If you think that is strong, you probably are not a whiskey person.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Throw it away and buy Scotch .. it's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Try it.  

No. That is what we did with swill like crown when I was a teenager. That is not how you drink good whiskey. Better to treat it like a scotch. Room temp, with a few ice cubes, or a splash of good water on top.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try it.  

No. That is what we did with swill like crown when I was a teenager. That is not how you drink good whiskey. Better to treat it like a scotch. Room temp, with a few ice cubes, or a splash of good water on top.
This. Good water for your ice cubes also, I have do not use for your pepsi ice cube trays in the freezer for my whiskey.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

with a tampon?

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep the bottle in the freezer.  Pour about a shot, take a sip and swish it around your mouth for about 5-7 seconds.

Your welcome.

Finally, a real answer. Although, I prefer mine at room temp. I like my vodka frozen.

Why buy good liquor and mix it with crap or water it down with ice or water? That's just as bad as doing shots. Sip, swish, taste, enjoy. Why get in a hurry?

Not a real answer, just another opinion.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your welcome.

An ice cube or a splash of some good water is not going to profane good whiskey, in some cases it will actually enhance the flavors.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd mix it with coke, make an irish coffee with it, sip it on the rocks, or do shots, depending on my mood.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Jameson is fucking delicious.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I use the splash of water method for most of my whisky/whiskey consumption.  RedBreast is good as are the 12 and 18yr Jameson.

Try some Green Spot if you get the chance.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Irish Cream

2 cups half and half

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 Tbls. chocolate syrup

3-5 drops vanilla extract (or more to taste but not overkill)

3-5 drops almond extract (not a big deal to omit)

Jameson Irish Whiskey- *I use a cup and a half and it is stout. You can do 1 cup and taste it and add as you wish

1 raw egg (you can omit this if you are scared of raw eggs) my original recipe called for 3 but I just use 1

Put all these in a blender and mix very well. Refrigerate overnight so it gets all loved up together

FRESH NUTMEG grated over it in a small chilled glass to serve...This is imperative and will totally make a huge difference.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Ginger ale is a good mix. Even 10-15 times over.  Just watch out for those green eggs and ham that want to come back for a revisit to the outside world at 6 am.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Kinda tastes funky mixed with Sam's Cola (Wal-Mart brand)

Just say no.

on the rocks or w/ a splash of H2O

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't believe noone has yet said it...

...time for Irish Car Bombs.  

I tried one last week for the first time ( that i can remember).  Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I love Jameson.  Straight, on the rocks, sometimes I even mix it with Ginger Ale.  Great stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I enjoyed a swallow of Jamison Gold Reserve yesterday.  Bees knees and whatnot...

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#19]
OMFG.....

Irish whiskey is so smooth and clean, mixing it is a travesty (remember most of them are triple distilled, and the pure pot stills are very clean as well).  Jameson's is my go-to cheap Irish....it's easy to find, every bar has it, it's better than Bushmills white, and it's actually a pretty nice blend.  I drink Jameson's on the rocks only......and sometimes on the rock, singlular:

Spherical Ice Trays

I want this ideally, but the cost is outrageous...

Japanese Ice Sphere Machine

Here's my list of favorite Irish's in order from my most favorite.....they're all delicious and all affordable

The Red Breast (neat or a rock)
Bushmills Black Bush (rock)
Knappogue Castle (neat, rocks, rock)
Bushmills 10 (neat, rock)
Jameson's 12 (neat, rock)
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Jamison is piss, drink some real whiskey.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I prefer Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey. I just add 1 or 2 ice cubes or a splash of clean cold water to about 2-3 ozs of whiskey.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kinda tastes funky mixed with Sam's Cola (Wal-Mart brand)

Dear God, give it to someone quick. Mellow Corn is usually on sale.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I go thru a half a gallon a weekend.. drankin some now as a matter of fact..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top