Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

The 5 people listed are just the highest compensated and/or key employees of the organization - though it does raise the question of how they managed to spend $1 million plus on payroll if their highest compensated employee (Brown) received only $94k, and the next 4 key employees received $0.

Wonder who owns the businesses they use for Internet and Email communications?

And for all the hubub about "I can't tell you unless you are a member", it appears they reported $0 in membership revenue.
View Quote

That would be Mike Rothfeld.

Owner of Saber Communications, founder and board member of NAGR. His financials in relation to NAGR would be quite interesting I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FaucetFace:

Owner of Saber Communications, founder and board member of NAGR. His financials in relation to NAGR would be quite interesting I'm sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The 5 people listed are just the highest compensated and/or key employees of the organization - though it does raise the question of how they managed to spend $1 million plus on payroll if their highest compensated employee (Brown) received only $94k, and the next 4 key employees received $0.

Wonder who owns the businesses they use for Internet and Email communications?

And for all the hubub about "I can't tell you unless you are a member", it appears they reported $0 in membership revenue.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
By the way, it looks like the 2012 NAGR Form 990 is a bit more informative.. It goes into salaries for some of the full-time employees.  It also seems in 2012 that they spent more on salaries than they spent on lobbying and their PAC combined.  Hell their office expenses alone ($225k) almost equal their lobbying expenses ($370k).  It is interesting to see how much Sandy Hook caused a ramp up in lobbying and fundraising though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The very first line in the letter would tell me everything I need to know.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
And Rand Paul is very involved with these guys.

What a surprise.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:00:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartholomew_Roberts] [#6]
I've been looking into the discrepancy between what NAGR reports on its Form 990s for lobbying and what various news articles and groups like Open Secrets are reporting.  It is millions of dollars in discrepancy, so I was curious how that happened.

It appears that what NAGR is doing is basically counting almost all of its expenditures as "lobbying" when it reports to the FEC; but only reporting a much narrower definition of "lobbying" when it sends its Form 990s to the IRS.  The left-leaning Sunlight Foundation did a report on NAGR where they said NAGR's 2013 lobbying numbers "should be taken with a grain of salt."  The sole lobbyist that NAGR has hired for the $5.9 million in 2013 (based on FEC numbers, not IRS numbers which were $1.46 million) was Christopher Kuper - a former coordinator for the Ron Paul Super PAC.  One thing NAGR is doing to increase the lobbying expenditure reported to FEC is reporting money spent on ads for social media websites as "lobbying" - which is not required by law and not usually reported by other organizations (Source).

By contrast, the NRA, who reported only about $2.5 million via FEC in 2013 hired 15 outside lobbyists working at 7 different firms (Prime Policy Group; Barnes & Thornburg; C2 Group; Cauthen, Forbes, and Williams; Crossroads Strategies; FTI Government Affairs; Greenberg Traurig; and Shockey Scofield Solutions.), as well as a robust in-house lobbying team.  I can't say exactly what criteria NAGR used to compute its lobbying expenditures for the FEC report; but just making a WAG, NRA would have spent around $27 million in 2013 based on what I think NAGR did in their FEC report.

Since this has become the giant "keep track of NAGR shenanigans thread", I thought I would add this here as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Not surprising. NAGR's Iowa wing is currently fucking us over with a massive campaign to (raise money) prevent passage of a huge multi-issue pro-gun bill. Google "Iowa Gun Owners" or check Iowa HTF for lots of threads:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_8/42_Iowa.html

and
The Truth about "Iowa Gun Owners"
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]
d
I've been looking into the discrepancy between what NAGR reports on its Form 990s for lobbying ...
View Quote

IMHO, Dudley Brown, RMGO, NAGR and ALL associated with his/this continuing scam can never be called out enough...

All info/research to date point to the fact the "Paul's" are embedded w/ Dudley... NOT A GOOD THING from somebody that has insight into Dudley and his actions in CO.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The no-compromise Paul linked with the no-compromise Dudley makes total sense.

REVOLUTION
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Larry Pratt must be on vacation, or has lost his edge.  That's the kind of schtick he used to be the master of.  He is being outclassed at his own game.
View Quote

This; a better huxter always comes along eventually.

Send money now......before it's too late.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By America-first:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By America-first:
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Larry Pratt must be on vacation, or has lost his edge.  That's the kind of schtick he used to be the master of.  He is being outclassed at his own game.

Based on GOA's 2013 Form 990s, there are likely individual AR15.com members who have both more revenue and more money in the bank.  I wonder if NAGR is cutting down on their action?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Based on GOA's 2013 Form 990s, there are likely individual AR15.com members who have both more revenue and more money in the bank.  I wonder if NAGR is cutting down on their action?
View Quote

You sir are hired based on your knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SCDonttreadonme:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCDonttreadonme:

W-2 or 1099?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Casper507:
I'd say support the NRA too.  
NRA has been less than stellar in the past (70's-80's) in their support of gunrights in that they were willing to say well it's ok if you outlaw "X" because that isn't a real "sporting" firearm.  When they were at their worst there was another gunrights group, who's name I can not recall, which started up.  The new group had the "these are our rights and not to be infringed, period, end of story" attitude.  The NRA has gotton better since then.  I can't recall the name of the other organization but rest assure the Clintons, Gore and Kerry let alone Obama were never endorsed by them.  The NRA on the other hand has given positive feedback on liberal politicians just because they were able to straddle the fence effectively.
View Quote

NRA has changed over the years, but the NRA of the '70s and '80s was THE key gun rights org. GOA, which I think you are referring too, has a place but isn't perfect either. GOA opposed shall-issue CCW early on, for example.

NRA-ILA is a superb lobbying org. They fall short when it comes to supporting court type challanges, because that was not where the fight was until Heller, although I think they are improving.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hard_Rock:
I support organizations that have done pro-active work.  Heller Foundation, SAF, etc.  I don't want nor need the fear mongering and compromising.  I fought for our 2nd Amendment Rights for over 20 years and more than on one occasion, the NRA tried to compromise us down on legislation.  For instance, the NRA supported the restaurant ban in Virginia and fought VCDL over it for years.
View Quote

The court route has only worked since Heller.

NRA-ILA is a lobbiest org. While not perfect they have done a good job of protecting our rights.

The political process inherently involves compromise. Lobbying is about influencing the political process. I think that people in that loop too long might learn to compromise too easily, but the flip side is that some compromise is required.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:39:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCDonttreadonme] [#18]
And it appears as if Dudley is going to get his strangle hold on Colorado after all. I want to be wrong, But Republican hostage taking will continue, funds will be pulled from candidates by the party and  .....l dam it. I would not count on a Republican majority anytime soon. The census data is looking poor so a strong game must be played or it might be a drought for many years ......

MIke McApline who ran the Hudak recalls in Colorado, the first attempt burned down after they walked away from a plan (you know the one that worked) given them and egos (). When they stopped the first time they turned all of their date over to Dudley. So when they stated round two Dudley had all of the data and controlled everything. So now Dudley's puppet McApline is going to be the executive director of the Colorado Republican Party it seems. Good times right there.

Oh the party continues ..... Steve House the new Repblican party chair for Colorado should choose again .... Or stop it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Latest scam: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1755072__Ol_Dudley_Brown__RMGO__at_it_again____NAGR_franchise_caught_cheating_in_Virginia.html

NAGR is sending out surveys to politicians AFTER the deadline for returning them then claiming those politicians failed to return their surveys in time and ergo hate guns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:18:57 AM EDT
[#21]
The IGO(Iowa Gun Owners) that is affiliated with NAGR seem to do more harm than good in Iowa.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By KBaker:
I started receiving emails from NAGR some time back, and it was apparent to me that they weren't being straight.  Whoever it is was making every effort to twist anything they could find into "controversy" in order to gin up traffic.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if NAGR was run by anti's as a false-flag operation, but it's more likely that it's just what you say it is - a scam being run by someone for a profit.
View Quote

isn't the outcome the same, they are both stealing something from people.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw someone I know share a NAGR post on facebook, made me think of this thread, so I'm bumping it.

Arfcom never forgets.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Did you put a link to it with the FB post?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pd59:
Saw someone I know share a NAGR post on facebook, made me think of this thread, so I'm bumping it.

Arfcom never forgets.

I do that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hard_Rock:
Okay, I'm disgusted by the NRA but this takes the cake.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pd59:

Arfcom never forgets.

Hell yeah I did. I don't want anyone I know to get fleeced.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:51:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ReconB4] [#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ReconB4:
NAGR being a scam is old news. I'm surprised anyone on here is just hearing this.
View Quote

The problem isn't the people here, it's the ones on FB sharing the crap out of NAGR's stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

The problem isn't the people here, it's the ones on FB sharing the crap out of NAGR's stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bubbles:
Originally Posted By ReconB4:
NAGR being a scam is old news. I'm surprised anyone on here is just hearing this.

Some things need to be kept from the archives.  I feel this is one of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Sylvan:

REVOLUTION
View Quote

I left NRA to join NAGR, despite having three freebie membership forms from Taurus.  The reason for my distrust is that the NRA invited other declared Republican candidates (i.e. Cruz), yet refused to invite Rand Paul to their annual conference in Nashville.
I support Rand Paul's platform, whereas no one comes close in my purview, so I will vote with my $$$
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:43:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Support the NRA.

Imperfect, yes. The NRA is right more often than they are wrong.

If it wasn't for their efforts in past decades, there would be no need or demand for websites like this in 2015.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:52:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GRB-36_FICON] [#35]

Originally Posted By check-raiser:
I left NRA to join NAGR, despite having three freebie membership forms from Taurus. The reason for my distrust is that the NRA invited other declared Republican candidates (i.e. Cruz), yet refused to invite Rand Paul to their annual conference in Nashville.

I support Rand Paul's platform, whereas no one comes close in my purview, so I will vote with my $$$
View All Quotes

REVOLUTION

I left NRA to join NAGR, despite having three freebie membership forms from Taurus. The reason for my distrust is that the NRA invited other declared Republican candidates (i.e. Cruz), yet refused to invite Rand Paul to their annual conference in Nashville.

So you KNOWINGLY joined an orgization that (among other things)

1. Has been known to scam members/prospective members

2. The founder came here and trash talked members/couldn't back up his crap

3. Tried to take credit for other's successful work, when they initially opposed the same work

Just becasue the NRA didn't support your candadate?

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:46:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bartholomew_Roberts] [#36]

I left NRA to join NAGR, despite having three freebie membership forms from Taurus.  The reason for my distrust is that the NRA invited other declared Republican candidates (i.e. Cruz), yet refused to invite Rand Paul to their annual conference in Nashville.
View All Quotes

REVOLUTION

You are misinformed.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/04/09/why-rand-paul-is-unwelcome-at-nra-gun-rights-convention/

"And Mr. Paul didn’t seem terribly interested in interrupting his campaign kickoff to appear before the NRA. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson were also not initially invited to speak. But each was granted a slot on the dais after they asked to appear, an official said. Mr. Paul made no such request, nor did New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who was also not invited.... Top Paul aide Doug Stafford said the Kentuckian didn’t ask to attend the NRA convention because he is on his campaign kickoff tour this week."
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

REVOLUTION

I see you voted with ARFCOM as well.

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

REVOLUTION

NAGR is a crap organization and you should look into Dudley Brown's policies before throwing money at them.

I'd recommend starting with his treatment of the Colorado recall efforts in 2013, and move on from there. That's the one I have personal experience with, and the one that totally soured me on the man and any organization he is affiliated with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

NAGR is a crap organization and you should look into Dudley Brown's policies before throwing money at them.

I'd recommend starting with his treatment of the Colorado recall efforts in 2013, and move on from there. That's the one I have personal experience with, and the one that totally soured me on the man and any organization he is affiliated with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

REVOLUTION

paulbots don't care.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Just finished a lamb and rice platter from the kabob truck, time to take a hot steamy Dudley Brown.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By larrythetuna:
Just finished a lamb and rice platter from the kabob truck, time to take a hot steamy Dudley Brown.
View Quote

Don't forget to wipe your Rand Paul.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KBaker:
I started receiving emails from NAGR some time back, and it was apparent to me that they weren't being straight.  Whoever it is was making every effort to twist anything they could find into "controversy" in order to gin up traffic.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if NAGR was run by anti's as a false-flag operation, but it's more likely that it's just what you say it is - a scam being run by someone for a profit.
View Quote

If NAGR spent half the time, money and effort on working for gun rights that they do on shit-talking other Firearms rights groups they would be in good shape....
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#44]
never mind.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

NAGR is 100 times worse than the NRA.  Don't support the NRA, fine.  Go ahead and find another worthy organization, they do exist.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#46]
For those of you with facebook, Oleg Volk has made a post about NAGR being a scam. Dudley Brown has been replying to it, if anyone would like to ask him some questions.

Not surprisingly, this thread is linked in the comments. Just FYI.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#47]
For those of you with facebook, Oleg Volk has made a post about NAGR being a scam. Dudley Brown has been replying to it, if anyone would like to ask him some questions.

View Quote

Awesome sauce
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Awesome sauce
View All Quotes

Awesome sauce

Yeah  ... that Dave G guy who initially linked it is a Marine GySgt...hmmmm
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GunnyG:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunnyG:

Awesome sauce

What a weird coincidence!
Page / 20
Top Top