Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 12/20/2011 8:37:11 PM EDT
Here is a link to the original thread that got moved to the pit.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_130/1267219_Think_Bradley_Manning_is_a_hero_and_a_patriot___Ron_Paul_does_.html&page=1

So, does he still have your support?

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ron Paul is being attacked in the pit!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Manning should be stood up at a wall and shot 'til killed dead.

And Ron Paul does not deserve to be dogcatcher after calling him a hero.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the video:

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
what and asshole
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
what and asshole

Yup. Let every Ronbot you know know about this.

You'll notice they will stay away from this thread and bump others hoping this fades off the front page so the gullible don't see it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]

start a poll!

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

what and asshole

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

start a poll!

Per your request.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I gave up on the presidential election a long time ago. Better to just give up on this one and start getting ready for 2016. We just fucking ran out of time, I guess. It's hard to tell what happened. I guess I always thought that a quality candidate would jump into the field. It never happened.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh, yeah. That poll is objective and will produce meaningful results.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So you support a traitor and think he's a hero as Paul does?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
5 Yes votes  

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter at all. I don't support the actions of Bradley Manning either. I was simply pointing out the obvious, there, bud. You're being a little ridiculous now. Like a parody of yourself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I gave up on the presidential election a long time ago. Better to just give up on this one and start getting ready for 2016. We just fucking ran out of time, I guess. It's hard to tell what happened. I guess I always thought that a quality candidate would jump into the field. It never happened.

I agree, but Ron Paul was never a friend of America. His foreign policy and anti-military stance shows that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree, but Ron Paul was never a friend of America. His foreign policy and anti-military stance shows that.

I know this is not common to ARFcommers, but I simply don't give a fuck about Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter at all. I don't support the actions of Bradley Manning either. I was simply pointing out the obvious, there, bud. You're being a little ridiculous now. Like a parody of yourself.

Well, how would you have succinctly worded the poll? Did he call a traitor a hero and true patriot? Yes he did.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know this is not common to ARFcommers, but I simply don't give a fuck about Ron Paul.

And if he runs third party and gives Obama another four years will you care?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not really liking the options of who the top guys for the republican primary at the moment. To be honest if I knew that the conservative supreme court justices could hold on for four more years I'd rather have Obama in then Romney or Newt, at least all laws would be deadlocked.

Both Newt and Romney give the conservative/republican a bad name. Why do the Democrats ALWAYS get the most liberal mother fuckers in but we can't get someone who even leans center right?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#21]
And Ron Paul continues to amaze me... in a bad way.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And Ron Paul continues to amaze me... in a bad way.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, how would you have succinctly worded the poll? Did he call a traitor a hero and true patriot? Yes he did.

I would have worded it, "Do you still support Ron Paul in light of his recent statements concerning Bradley Manning?"
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I cannot believe Paulnuts are still voting for a guy that supports treason. Even the Obama administration is allowing his trial to go forward.

What is wrong with some of you people?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have worded it, "Do you still support Ron Paul in light of his recent statements concerning Bradley Manning?"

Well, the topic covers that. The poll question is true.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you're right. My way wouldn't have included enough of your emotions.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you're right. My way wouldn't have included enough of your emotions.

Yeah whatever. Start your own poll.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not really liking the options of who the top guys for the republican primary at the moment. To be honest if I knew that the conservative supreme court justices could hold on for four more years I'd rather have Obama in then Romney or Newt, at least all laws would be deadlocked.

Both Newt and Romney give the conservative/republican a bad name. Why do the Democrats ALWAYS get the most liberal mother fuckers in but we can't get someone who even leans center right?

No kidding.  Although perhaps the answer is that the Republican Party has on the aggregate become centre-right at best.  

I found it interesting that Irving Kristol stated that the goal of his political movement was to convert the Republican Party and Conservative Movement against their collective wills to be, in essence, progressive and that his political movement (neoconservatism, a name chosen apparently to take advantage of conservatives) seems to be predominant among the party leadership.  It is essentialy a temperamentally conservative progressive movement and belongs on the Left side of the political spectrum.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I still support Ron Paul.

Manning isn't exactly my idea of a hero, but some of the activities that were exposed in his leaked information weren't exactly honest or proper, either (assuming the info was true).
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Manning isn't exactly my idea of a hero, but some of the activities that were exposed in his leaked information weren't exactly honest or proper, either (assuming the info was true).

He leaked the frequencies to the jammers we use to jam IED's. This led to the deaths of US troops and allies. He also leaked names of our allies and informants which led to more deaths. Ron Paul is aware of this yet he calls him a hero and true patriot?

That's okay with you?

Please cite what good things he leaked.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Paul has made yet another bad decision here...

Manning has balls in doing what he did. That said, he released information, during time of war, that seriously compromises aspects of US national security.

He's a traitor, albeit a brave one. Bravery does not make his actions right or legal though. It actually kinda makes it worse, IMO. He managed to muster up the cojones to sell out his brothers and sisters in uniform. There is no lower pit of hell than for traitors.

As a buddy of mine said when asked about him, "He can push ex-Maj. Hassan's wheelchair when they both go to the gallows, for all I care."
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Out of curiosity, how can Manning be a traitor if he isn't even an American?

Anyways, he's not a hero and Ron Paul is a jackass for calling him one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Manning is a US soldier and citizen. You're thinking of Assange.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ummm, what?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah. My mistake.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#36]

all i see is arm to boob rub..
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. My mistake.

Ahh okay, mixed people up. I was like wtf?

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Manning has balls in doing what he did. That said, he released information, during time of war, that seriously compromises aspects of US national security.

He's a traitor, albeit a brave one. Bravery does not make his actions right or legal though. It actually kinda makes it worse, IMO. He managed to muster up the cojones to sell out his brothers and sisters in uniform. There is no lower pit of hell than for traitors.

As a buddy of mine said when asked about him, "He can push ex-Maj. Hassan's wheelchair when they both go to the gallows, for all I care."

Manning doesn't have balls. He was throwing a hissy fit because the military doesn't allow him to cross dress on the job. This was his way of getting back at "them."
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I disagree strongly.  However I still believe Ron Paul is one of the few politicians out there that isn't interested in raiding my pocket book or interfering with my life.  Say what you want about the man but I don't think are many politicians today that hold true to those ideals.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He leaked the frequencies to the jammers we use to jam IED's. This led to the deaths of US troops and allies. He also leaked names of our allies and informants which led to more deaths. Ron Paul is aware of this yet he calls him a hero and true patriot?

That's okay with you?

Lying about civilian deaths?  Looking the other way when Iraqi soldiers and policemen allegedly tortured, raped and killed people?

I'm not a Manning fan and have no problem with our .gov "throwing the book" at him, so to speak.  But the information he leaked suggests that this same book needs to be thrown at some other people, too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I disagree strongly.  However I still believe Ron Paul is one of the few politicians out there that isn't interested in raiding my pocket book or interfering with my life.  Say what you want about the man but I don't think are many politicians today that hold true to those ideals.

Ideals like being a traitor to your country and betraying your oath to the constitution and the nation?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's okay with you?

Lying about civilian deaths?  Looking the other way when Iraqi soldiers and policemen allegedly tortured, raped and killed people?

I'm not a Manning fan and have no problem with our .gov "throwing the book" at him, so to speak.  But the information he leaked suggests that this same book needs to be thrown at some other people, too.

WTF are you talking about?

You're okay with him getting US soldiers killed? You think he's a hero?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's okay with you?

WTF are you talking about?

You're okay with him getting US soldiers killed? You think he's a hero?

There has not been a single death of a US soldier that has been attributed to Manning's actions.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Hughjafj, do you think Romney and Newt are traitors?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Right, radical Muslims wouldn't hate us if it wasn't for our wars in the middle east.

Pull your head out of your ass you fucking retard.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manning doesn't have balls. He was throwing a hissy fit because the military doesn't allow him to cross dress on the job. This was his way of getting back at "them."

If that's in fact his rationale (because it's a shitty excuse for a "reason"), then my initial statement is a grossly inaccurate assessment.

Assuming you're right about the why, that removes any possible quality to Manning as a person. Betrayal is bad enough––but if it's done for honestly held reasons, I can credit the traitor for at least standing tall in his beliefs. Now, if the reason is something petty and spiteful, well, then that removes even the small, unalloying bit of credit the person may have received.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree strongly. However I still believe Ron Paul is one of the few politicians out there that isn't interested in raiding my pocket book or interfering with my life. Say what you want about the man but I don't think are many politicians today that hold true to those ideals.

Ideals like being a traitor to your country and betraying your oath to the constitution and the nation?

In all fairness, isn't that what the founding fathers did?

I don't support what Paul is saying, I don't support treason one bit. But I also don't support big establishment politicians and I refuse to vote for one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This led to the deaths of US troops and allies. He also leaked names of our allies and informants which led to more deaths.

I'm laughing at this preposterous, unverifiable, emotionally charged nonsense so loud you might actually be able to hear me through your monitor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I disagree strongly. However I still believe Ron Paul is one of the few politicians out there that isn't interested in raiding my pocket book or interfering with my life. Say what you want about the man but I don't think are many politicians today that hold true to those ideals.

In all fairness, isn't that what the founding fathers did?

I don't support what Paul is saying, I don't support treason one bit. But I also don't support big establishment politicians and I refuse to vote for one.

What oath did they take?  Even if they had, they were openly supporting a rebellion to a nation they no longer felt loyal to.  If that's the comparison you are basically giving a pass to someone that has called a traitor to the same country he wants to be president of a hero.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
DUPE

This has already been covered.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Top Top