Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:08:56 PM EDT
Ever since it's been possible to choose a color, I made my "site skin" dark green and it's been that way ever since... I just changed it to blue and it feels like I'm cheating on my wife or something... I'm all nervous and shaking and stuff... somebody tell me it's gonna be ok!

- Clint
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
i was laughing at you––what kind of dope freaks out over skin preferences.

then i changed from red to brush green, and i think i'm getting the shakes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]

If I log out it spooks me.  Going to grey from orange is very upsetting.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i was laughing at you––what kind of dope freaks out over skin preferences.

then i changed from red to brush green, and i think i'm getting the shakes.

It's weird huh!?

- Clint

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
U gay now?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
U gay now?

Nope... so stop hitting on me!

- Clint

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Whoa, I didn't even know you could do that.  I changed from the black to the red.  Freak out!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm never leaving forest green
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, if you haven't done it yet... Change Preferences -> Highlight Author Posts will give the OP posts a yellow background. Much easier to skim a thread looking for updates from the OP.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Also, if you haven't done it yet... Change Preferences -> Highlight Author Posts will give the OP posts a yellow background. Much easier to skim a thread looking for updates from the OP.

yeah––that's almost, almost as cool as the "first unread post" button.  don't know how i dealt with multi-page argue-fests before it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah––that's almost, almost as cool as the "first unread post" button.  don't know how i dealt with multi-page argue-fests before it.

those are the best 2 features on arfcom
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah––that's almost, almost as cool as the "first unread post" button. don't know how i dealt with multi-page argue-fests before it.

Agreed.

Well... those, and Lifetime Memberships.

This site doesn't offer lifetime memberships
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Mines dark green too
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Just changed to gunmetal

I had grey but accidentally adblocked it
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Try orange
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Once you go black you never go back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Try orange
Orange is freaking awesome.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this "first unread post" button you speak of?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, if they could only fix the bouncing type screen...
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a green arrow at the beginning of thread titles that you have read before. Click on it and it takes you to the last post you read in that thread.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a green arrow at the beginning of thread titles that you have read before. Click on it and it takes you to the last post you read in that thread.

Sometimes it takes you to the bottom of the last page you were one, though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

thats you
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah ive found it doesnt work right some of the time.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

thats you

So when the words in the white box when you are typing a reply go significantly beyond the bottom (so you have to se the scroll bar to read the whole thing) the text doesn't bounce up and down when you type, preventing you from seeing what you are typing?  I get this problem only on ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

At least I know I'm not the only person who has orange. The wife unit tells me it's ugly as hell, but what does she know.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just turned mine on and it's awesome....

- Clint

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah ive found it doesnt work right some of the time.  Oh well.

That happens when you don't read to the bottom of the page before closing it. I.e. the thread is up to page 2. You click the green button and read until halfway through page 1. The system doesn't know how far you read, so it sets the green button to take you to the bottom of the page.

If you only want to read half of the posts, use the bookmark button and you'll get a bookmark link next to the thread to take you to that post.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:05:47 PM EDT
[#29]
its a marketing trick that makes you want to stay in longer!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  That button there is some serious freakin magic.  How does it know how far I scroll down?  What if I actually didn't read any posts?  Where would the button take me when I click on it?
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#31]
i like the default gray the best, but i just learned about the highlighting author posts and i like it
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Orange here
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife just got home from a girls night out I hurried and changed back to dark green, and I felt guilty about changing my skin to blue, so blurted it out on accident...

I think when everything settles down I might change it back to blue though... but she called me a cheating little whore and went off to bed!

I feel so dirty...

- Clint

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I really wanted to try red digi but it didnt come up as an option, only as a sample.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats you

So when the words in the white box when you are typing a reply go significantly beyond the bottom (so you have to se the scroll bar to read the whole thing) the text doesn't bounce up and down when you type, preventing you from seeing what you are typing?  I get this problem only on ARFCOM.

you're probably using the old text editor.  go into your prefs and select the WTFAIDYSLOLOGUN editor, or whatever it is.

(you'll know it when you see it)

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

thats you

you're probably using the old text editor.  go into your prefs and select the WTFAIDYSLOLOGUN editor, or whatever it is.

I get the bouncing text bar when I am surfing on my phone, no issue with the laptop. Might have something to do with the site sizing to fit the phone?

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah––that's almost, almost as cool as the "first unread post" button. don't know how i dealt with multi-page argue-fests before it.

thats you

So when the words in the white box when you are typing a reply go significantly beyond the bottom (so you have to se the scroll bar to read the whole thing) the text doesn't bounce up and down when you type, preventing you from seeing what you are typing? I get this problem only on ARFCOM.

you're probably using the old text editor. go into your prefs and select the WTFAIDYSLOLOGUN editor, or whatever it is.

Interesting.  No bouncing now.  I'm assuming this editor functions like Microsoft Word.  I wonder why the classic editor does all that bouncing stuff.  No other editor on any forum I've been on has done that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Interesting.  No bouncing now.  I'm assuming this editor functions like Microsoft Word.  I wonder why the classic editor does all that bouncing stuff.  No other editor on any forum I've been on has done that.

it didn't start doing that for me until the big site update when the new editor was rolled out.  got so frustrated with the bouncing that i almost quit posting.  then some nice fella told me about the new editor.  figured i'd pass it along.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting. No bouncing now. I'm assuming this editor functions like Microsoft Word. I wonder why the classic editor does all that bouncing stuff. No other editor on any forum I've been on has done that.

it didn't start doing that for me until the big site update when the new editor was rolled out. got so frustrated with the bouncing that i almost quit posting. then some nice fella told me about the new editor. figured i'd pass it along.

Most excellent.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag for tools.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah ive found it doesnt work right some of the time. Oh well.

That happens when you don't read to the bottom of the page before closing it. I.e. the thread is up to page 2. You click the green button and read until halfway through page 1. The system doesn't know how far you read, so it sets the green button to take you to the bottom of the page.

If you only want to read half of the posts, use the bookmark button and you'll get a bookmark link next to the thread to take you to that post.

Do you mean it only happens when I close the window while on a page before finishing it? Because the bulk of the time it goes to where I left off. Seems to go to the bottom most often on threads with a bunch of pages. Also happens when I click on the green button, go back, and click it again without reading anything before I went back. It does the opposite (goes further up the page than where I left off) on picture-intensive threads.

BTW, where is this bookmark button of which you speak?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Off to play with the colors!

ETA oops gotta pay to play with the cool shit. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Anything but gray just feels wrong
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats you

It has happened to me a couple times, I don't remember which computer I was on when it happened though.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:44:57 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

What is this "log out" you speak of?

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is on American Pride.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said "if".  

It only happens every so often, the occasional time I am using a public/work computer; ect.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top