Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 75
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The question that is starting to be asked: did Sandusky have some kind of leverage on Paterno?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what do you think will happen to Joe Pa at the end of the season?

If it is proven true that he knew about the raping of boys, and did nothing, he should start coaching the prison team next year.

+1

It is already a proven, documented fact he did something about it.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad thing is I guarantee you this started before 2002. No way he got caught the first time.

Just heard on the radio there were similar allegations against the same coach in 1998.

Not only were there allegations,  there was in in depth investigation at that time that was kept very quiet. An incident an 1998 that was botched and surrounded by poor decisions is one thing, a second incident in 2002 with many of the same people is indefensible and inexcusable.

To me, the biggest question is what would compel so many people to look the other way for so long. I have a hard time accepting it was just the reputation on the program.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]

this is making me ill but it needs to happen.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Time for a new avatar?

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think that the folks calling for Joe's head are acting on emotion and not reason.

Joe didn't molest anyone.

Joe was informed of misbehavior on one occasion, and he reported it immediately.

Could he have done more?  Probably.

Would you?  Are you sure?

How many of you have had a buddy commit suicide or an acquaintance/friend/co-worker/family member accused of sexual abuse?  Nearly everybody has.

In hindsight, you second guess everything.

Could I have done something that would have saved my suicidal cousin's life?

Was so-and-so's behavior at that company picnic creepier than I thought at the time?

It's easy to second guess somebody else's decisions after the fact.

I don't blame Joe for Sandusky's behavior.

I started to respond to this when you first wrote it, but I didn't have the words.

I still don't. I just want to say that your moral compass is jacked. You and I don't even live in the same world.

There's no question that I would have involved the police, if not a fucking ax handle, fucking immediately.

"Am I sure...?" What are you even talking about? He KNEW!
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think he'll finish the season, I think he'll be gone by Friday.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for the usual "we are Penn State" comments...

The fact that so many knew he was a pedarest and did nothing is unfathomable. When I read that a janitor witnessed him performing oral sex on  11-13 year old,by his estimation,I just thought "why the fuck did he not beat him to death with a mop?". It was good enough for Jeffrey Dahmer...

Such is the sanctity of college sports amongst some people.

The word you are looking for is "Pederast"  "Pedarest" is something you rest your feet on.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Time for a new avatar?  

thanks for reminding me   yeah, this avatar is gone as soon as i find a new one

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd really like to find out what he said in that deposition last year.  I think the most favorable scenario for Joe Pa would go something like this: "I heard a third-hand allegation about this sexual abuse.  Honestly I never thought it was true.  I referred it up the chain of command because I was obligated to do so, but I didn't pursue the matter further because I absolutely did not think the allegation to be true.  I knew this man for years and could not fathom that he was a kiddy diddler.  Had I known, I would have called the cops immediately."

He's probably done for in any event.  But if the facts are anything more than the hypothetical I just described then he is certainly done.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Sandusky tried to molest a 15 year-old at my local high school (and alma mater) in the summer of 2009 - the kid took it to the administration and they took it to LE immediately - as PSU should have done in 2002.

That's how he was outed and the investigation started.

How many victims were there from 2002 to 2009?????

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sandusky tried to molest a 15 year-old at my local high school (and alma mater) in the summer of 2009 - the kid took it to the administration and they took it to LE immediately - as PSU should have done in 2002.

And prior.

No cure for pedos, get a rope.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#20]
wow, did anyone see Matt Millen on Sportscenter?  He was in tears.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He has to go.

Sandusky was allowed to hold overnight football camps on the campus for nearly ten years after a graduate assistant (who is a current coach) saw him rape a 10 year old on campus?

Inexcusable.  

This.  The school will lose its ass in lawsuits just like the Catholic church protecting pedophile priests and not reporting rapes to the police.  Paterno is a sick piece of shit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#22]
What a screwed up deal... I bet this gets even deeper before it is over. Something really sinister about the whole affair.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Central Mtn?.

Wasnt he coaching the team in some capacity also?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Heard this somewhere

What's the difference between Penn State and the State Pen?

Nothing, it's all the same in the showers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Central Mtn?.

Yea, Central Mountains.

I guess he was some kind of an volunteer assistant.

Probably like being in an orchard for him.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Everyone who knew about it and did not call the cops should be fired. Today.

Joe let the guy continue to use the facilites knowing the guy raped a child in the team showers.

Yep.

Damn shame to see a storied career end like this, but he deserves it and deserves to have his reputation tarnished.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think that the folks calling for Joe's head are acting on emotion and not reason.

Joe was informed of misbehavior on one occasion, and he reported it immediately.

How many of you have had a buddy commit suicide or an acquaintance/friend/co-worker/family member accused of sexual abuse?  Nearly everybody has.

Was so-and-so's behavior at that company picnic creepier than I thought at the time?

You're known by the company you keep.

The company I keep, hasn't been accused of anything like that.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Central Mtn?.

Yea, Central Mountains.

I guess he was some kind of an volunteer assistant.

Spoonfed more kids to prey upon Im sure PSU was forthcoming with the CM school district about allegations involving Sanduskys conduct while a Univ. employee

It just keeps getting better
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
he will resign due to his own disgrace in the matter

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He has to go.

Sandusky was allowed to hold overnight football camps on the campus for nearly ten years after a graduate assistant (who is a current coach) saw him rape a 10 year old on campus?

Inexcusable.  

This.  The school will lose its ass in lawsuits just like the Catholic church protecting pedophile priests and not reporting rapes to the police.  Paterno is a sick piece of shit.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Why would so many want to protect this shitbag? I just don't get it. What good could come of it by not going to the police?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#33]
This thing reeks of COWARDICE

A graduate assistant walks in on Sandusky buttf*cking an underage boy in the shower and does NOTHING. Goes home and tells his dad? WTF?!?!

Hers' how it would have gone down if I  had been that grad assistant.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?1!1

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would so many want to protect this shitbag? I just don't get it. What good could come of it by not going to the police?

Sandusky was Paterno's right hand man and reason Paterno won so many football games.

Could you imagine having a longtime, storied coach associated with your university accused of molesting children?

Football is king at Penn State (and some other schools)
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sandusky was Paterno's right hand man and reason Paterno won so many football games.

Could you imagine having a longtime, storied coach associated with your university accused of molesting children?

Football is king at Penn State (and some other schools)

Well this time it didn't work out so well for them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

in 1998 when Sandusky was accused of sexually abusing several boys. After an extensive investigation, which included testimony by two law enforcement officers that they had overheard Sandusky admitting to showering with multiple young boys,

So you know Joe knew about the above, then one of his current staff members tell him he just saw the samething happen in the football team showers and all he does is tell the AD.

Fuck Joe. He's a shitbag.

Yep, I agree. He's a shitbag.

There are some other really strange things about this whole situation also. I read the grand jury report and this is essentially how the 2002 shower rape thing played out, from what I understood:

PSU Grad Assistant (GA) sees Sandusky anal raping a 10 year old kid in the locker room shower.

He immediately runs out of the locker room and calls his dad (The report is a little ambiguous to me whether he called his own dad, or the kid's dad)

Dad tells GA to come to his house immediately. After they discuss this, they decide they need to call Joe Paterno (JP).

THE NEXT MORNING, GA calls JP and and tells him what he saw.

THE NEXT DAY, JP calls the AD to his home and tells the AD that the GA reported seeing Sandusky doing something "of a sexual nature" to a 10 year old boy.

1.5 WEEKS later AD calls GA to a meeting and says they will "look into the matter"

2 WEEKS later AD tells GA that Sandusky's keys were taken away and the matter was reported to The Second Mile.

At no time did police ever contact GA.

There is so much WTF in this report I don't know where to begin. If this is really how it played out every single one of those fuckers should be charged with a crime!
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tom, I usually agree with almost everything you post....till now.  

Try and look at this on a more personal level.  Let's say you have an uncle "Fred" whom you witness sodomizing one of your son's friends at a sleepover.  You tell your father what you saw and he says he will handle it.  He does NOT call the police and slaps "Fred" a couple of times and "Fred" promises to never rape young boys again.  You still to not call the police because "someone else is handling it" with your stature.

Time goes on and you find out 10 years later that "Fred" has raped 30 more boys since the incident you witnessed.  

What if one of those raped boys was your son or relative?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's done. Contract is up. Alumni money will dry up if he doesnt go. He knew Sandusky was raping kids. Did nothing to report it to the authorites. Only reported it to the AD. He was trying to protect the program and it will fuck them all in the end(no pun intended)......Adios MF'er

If this is true, he should be indicted, tried and imprisoned.

Absolutely, if he knew and looked the other way, he's just as guilty.

Couldn't agree more.  Both he and the assistant who reported it (who is the WR coach now I believe) knew what was going on and were content to let it lie with a token statement to the AD.  I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

"Hey JoPa, coach S is feeling up a little kid in the shower"

JoPa: "Hmmmm  you woke me from my nap for this?  Ok, I'll leave a voicemail for the AD later."

"Ok, works for me... I gotta go get some lunch."

If I walked into the showers and saw somebody (anybody) getting it on with a little kid one or both of us would leave the scene in an ambulance.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#40]
As soon as he gets out on bail..he needs to go to his basement and hang himself...justice will be served and it wont drag on in courts.

Unfortunately he's a arrogant POS and will proclaim his innocence till the end probably.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#41]

1969 - Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

1977 - Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

January 1983 - Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football's national champion for the 1982 season.

January 1987 - Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football's national champion for the 1986 season.

1994 - Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 - Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 - Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 - Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 - Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 - Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 - Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

June 1999 - Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

Dec. 28, 1999 - Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky's wife, as a member of Sandusky's family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 - Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 - A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 - A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 - In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno's home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 - Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 - Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) - The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky's locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.

2005-2006 - Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 - During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 - Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy's mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 - An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 - Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 - Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Nov. 7, 2011 - Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university President Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I agree that Joe will have to leave because of this.

The only question is whether or not he resigns or is forced out.

He's been there too long to quit. He believes normal rules don't apply to him. He will have to be forced out, and even then I would bet he hires a lawyer to fight it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#46]
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7205085/growing-penn-state

The kids from the neighborhood would gather to play basketball in my driveway, not because I was particularly popular, but because we had a good hoop. In high school, we engaged in epic pick-up football games in Sunset Park, a little patch of grass right next to a house owned by Joe and Sue Paterno. In the second grade, my Little League coach was an enormous neighbor of ours named Mr. McQueary, and his son Mike was the best player on our team.1 We went to school at Park Forest Junior High, and then we went to State College High School, where we learned how to drive and how to date and how to do quadratic equations. We were the sons of farmers and college professors and football coaches. One of my brother's classmates was named Sandusky; one of my classmates was named Sandusky, too.2 I goofed off in the back of Latin class with a kid named Scott Paterno.3 We knew who their fathers were; their fathers were royalty to us, even if we acted like it was no big deal. Our football team's nickname was the Little Lions. There was no way to extricate the happenings at our school from the happenings at the university, and the happenings at the university always centered around football. Everything in State College — even the name of our town — was one all-encompassing, synergistic monolith, and Joe Paterno was our benevolent dictator, and nothing truly bad ever happened, and even when it did, it was easier just to blot it from our lives and move on.

1. Mike McQueary, now an assistant coach at Penn State, was allegedly the graduate assistant in the horrifying grand jury report who witnessed Sandusky in the showers of the Penn State football building with a young boy in 2002. The graduate assistant allegedly reported it to Paterno, who passed some form of this information on to his superiors, but no one in the chain of command ever called the police. The outrage at both Paterno and the graduate assistant appears to be moral rather than legal, none of which makes it any less of an emotional bombshell.

2. While the Sanduskys could not have children of their own, they adopted six, which is one of those facts that feels telling only in retrospect.

3. Joe Paterno's youngest child. One of Scott's older brothers, Jay, was also a quarterback at State College High and is now the quarterbacks coach at Penn State. He often serves as a ready scapegoat for the Penn State fan base when things go wrong.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#47]
When the dust settles Paterno will be gone....
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Sandusky should hang, the AD and the VP should be hung as well. Sick fucks.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can't wrap my mind around seeing that happen, not stopping it and not calling the police right fucking then.

RIGHT?...or calling them to report the motherfucker's painful demise.

Look, if I saw something like this and just reported it to my boss, then continued to work beside the perpetrator?

You can feel free to hit me in the face with a shovel...full swing, edge on.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#50]
If Paterno did as little as they said he did, he should hang as well, as should Mcquery.  If you report this to the AD, nothing happens, and you just shrug and move on you're protecting a child molester.
Page / 75
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top