Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just because you have the freedom of speech does not meant you are not an Anti-Semite.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The idea that "the Jews" control banking, money lending or other financial institutions has been an integral part of the Jew-hating narrative for centuries. As such, it is an ant-Semetic statement.

I would even go so far as to say that repetitive statements about cabals of sinister, shadowy international bankers walk a fine line as well.

You are BIZZARE.  What EXACTLY walks a fine line and to what is it walking a fine line with?  Surely you're not implying that if someone were to say there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international bankers  that they in turn are anti-semites.  If you seriously think that you are part of the problem.  The problem where no issue can be discussed as it gets degraded to ad hominem attacks by calling people anti-semites rather than tackling the substance of the argument.  So please clarify because I really don't wanna believe you're thinking the way I think you are.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Following the story we posted yesterday about a Wall St. protester berating a Jewish man and making anti-Semitic remarks, another video has surfaced today of a man spewing more anti-Jewish hate.

In the video dated October 3, Monday, a grungy-looking man can be seen near the site of the Occupy Wall St. protests screaming to the crowd that “the Jews control Wall Street!”

When a man who claims to be Jewish challenges the alleged protester’s remarks, he screams back, “This is not Israel,“ ”Freedom of speech,“ ”Google Wall Street Jew,“ ”You greedy pig,“ and ”Go to Israel!”

As tensions rise, the crowd alleges that the protester has been paid by Fox News to stage a scene, one man even saying “Didn’t I see you getting out of a Fox News van earlier?” and a woman asking if he got paid $50 to utter his hate. His response? “F**k Fox News“ and ”A f***ing Jew made that up.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-jews-control-wall-street-alleged-wall-st-protester-spews-anti-semitism/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlKiATQIR_4&feature=player_embedded

You lot band about the phrase "anti-Semitic" at anyone who happens to level any criticism misguided or otherwise about the Jews.....they are exercising their right to free speech even if they are dumb.  You need to wake the fuck up and stop touting that anti-semite shit everytime somone says something you don;t like about the Jews.   Anti-semitism is not some phase to be banded about in some retarded political tit for tat...... Anti-semetism is truly reprehensible, and it's true meaning and effects should not be forgotten.

So let me help you realign the definitions:

Dumb-ass political protest:

http://desertpeace.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bs-1.jpg

REAL Anti-semitism:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Abortion%20is%20Murder/holocaust_killers.jpg

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/holocaust00_1.jpg

http://uploads.static.vosizneias.com/2010/01/deathc.gif

Now look at it again, and the next time you try and score cheap shitty points by accusing someone of being an anti-semite I suggest take a look at your first amendment and then think about the photos above.

So you think anti-semitic behavior must rise to the level of genocide before the label of "anti-semitism" can be applied?

No shit?

No...I think you missed what I was trying to say (either that or I didn't make my intentions clear)

The point is people are undermining the true insidious nature of anti-semitism by using the phrase too readily for anyone with the slightest dumbass comment...... it loses it's meaning and significance.  

People protest all sorts of things....... it's no biggie, but when some fruitcake protests some mythical jewish conspiracy
, people jump down their throat an call them an anit-semite.  It's not anti-semitism, it's just another dumbass protest against a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Please do not undermine the true savagery of anti-semitism.  The Holocaust was the culmination of real extreme organised anti-semitism.   It s the same thing as when people overuse the racecard.  It undermines the true meaning of racism........

This is EXACTLY what Hitler did!  How do you not understand this?  

I disagree......... this is a couple of people with placards.

Hitler mobilised a nation and brainwashed them into believeing it.  There is a massive difference.

If it was Obama stood at a podium with Eric Holder screaming about how the Jewish people were destroying America then I would agree with you completely.

You think Hitler miraculously popped into on the podium at Nuremburg with a thundering crowd in front of him?  He started his movement as a broke-ass ex-corporal doing EXACTLY what the fool in the OP is doing in Munich in 1920's.  The primary difference is Hitler was effective and the people were receptive.

You seem to be unable to differentiate between an antisemite and an antisemitic movement.  Hitler was an antisemite, the Nazi party was an antisemitic movement.  Please note that Hitler was an antisemite before there was such a thing as the Nazi Party.

No....I can differentiate just fine.  That was the point of my post.  I guess our definitions of what constitutes an ill founded protest about rich people, and true anti-semitic behaviour are different.

It's interesting to see how things are perceived differently.  Over here that protestor would just be seen as a bit of a nutjob troofer.  It seems to dilute the significance of what an anti-semite is to call him anti-semitic and wouldn't really bee seen such.  What we consider to be true anti-semitism is far more poisonous and is met with harsh legal action.  That guy, while making a particularly stupid statement is just exercising his right to free speech......... much the same as anyone else who wants to protest against any other group of people.

He IS a nutjob.  He HAS the right to free speech.  If Hitler was alive today, HE would have the right to free speech here, too (as do the Neonazis).

None of that has any bearing whatsoever on whether that guy is an antisemite.  What he is doing/saying is literally the exact same thing Hitler said/did before coming to power.  It's antisemitic.  Blaming Jewish-controlled Wall Street for economic unrest is absolutely no different than Hitler blaming Jews for the economic devastation from Germany losing WWI.  That's  what Hitler did, that how he came to power, and that was his "reasoning" behind the Final Solution.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
.............No....I can differentiate just fine.  That was the point of my post.  I guess our definitions of what constitutes an ill founded protest about rich people, and true anti-semitic behaviour are different.

It's interesting to see how things are perceived differently.  Over here that protestor would just be seen as a bit of a nutjob troofer.  It seems to dilute the significance of what an anti-semite is to call him anti-semitic and wouldn't really bee seen such.  What we consider to be true anti-semitism is far more poisonous and is met with harsh legal action.  That guy, while making a particularly stupid statement is just exercising his right to free speech......... much the same as anyone else who wants to protest against any other group of people.

I didn't watch the video (too noisy). Were they berating "Jews" or "Zionists"?

What is the bar in GB between nutjob and anti-semite (at which point your legal system kicks in)?

Is the bar in GB higher or lower than in Gertmany at the present? IIRC, the Germans set the bar pretty low.

Quoted:
You are BIZZARE.  What EXACTLY walks a fine line and to what is it walking a fine line with?  Surely you're not implying that if someone were to say there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international bankers  that they in turn are anti-semites.  If you seriously think that you are part of the problem.  The problem where no issue can be discussed as it gets degraded to ad hominem attacks by calling people anti-semites rather than tackling the substance of the argument.  So please clarify because I really don't wanna believe you're thinking the way I think you are.

What if they were to say "there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international JEW bankers" Would that be anti-semite or bizzare?

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Correct on the first part being a dumb ass political protest.

The second part is where I have a problem. What I see there is pure evil, not anti semitism.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Following the story we posted yesterday about a Wall St. protester berating a Jewish man and making anti-Semitic remarks, another video has surfaced today of a man spewing more anti-Jewish hate.

In the video dated October 3, Monday, a grungy-looking man can be seen near the site of the Occupy Wall St. protests screaming to the crowd that “the Jews control Wall Street!”

When a man who claims to be Jewish challenges the alleged protester’s remarks, he screams back, “This is not Israel,“ ”Freedom of speech,“ ”Google Wall Street Jew,“ ”You greedy pig,“ and ”Go to Israel!”

As tensions rise, the crowd alleges that the protester has been paid by Fox News to stage a scene, one man even saying “Didn’t I see you getting out of a Fox News van earlier?” and a woman asking if he got paid $50 to utter his hate. His response? “F**k Fox News“ and ”A f***ing Jew made that up.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the-jews-control-wall-street-alleged-wall-st-protester-spews-anti-semitism/

You lot band about the phrase "anti-Semitic" at anyone who happens to level any criticism misguided or otherwise about the Jews.....they are exercising their right to free speech even if they are dumb.  You need to wake the fuck up and stop touting that anti-semite shit everytime somone says something you don;t like about the Jews.   Anti-semitism is not some phase to be banded about in some retarded political tit for tat...... Anti-semetism is truly reprehensible, and it's true meaning and effects should not be forgotten.

REAL Anti-semitism:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Abortion%20is%20Murder/holocaust_killers.jpg

Now look at it again, and the next time you try and score cheap shitty points by accusing someone of being an anti-semite I suggest take a look at your first amendment and then think about the photos above.

So you think anti-semitic behavior must rise to the level of genocide before the label of "anti-semitism" can be applied?

No shit?

No...I think you missed what I was trying to say (either that or I didn't make my intentions clear)

The point is people are undermining the true insidious nature of anti-semitism by using the phrase too readily for anyone with the slightest dumbass comment...... it loses it's meaning and significance.  

People protest all sorts of things....... it's no biggie, but when some fruitcake protests some mythical jewish conspiracy
, people jump down their throat an call them an anit-semite.  It's not anti-semitism, it's just another dumbass protest against a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Please do not undermine the true savagery of anti-semitism.  The Holocaust was the culmination of real extreme organised anti-semitism.   It s the same thing as when people overuse the racecard.  It undermines the true meaning of racism........

Hitler mobilised a nation and brainwashed them into believeing it.  There is a massive difference.

If it was Obama stood at a podium with Eric Holder screaming about how the Jewish people were destroying America then I would agree with you completely.

You think Hitler miraculously popped into on the podium at Nuremburg with a thundering crowd in front of him?  He started his movement as a broke-ass ex-corporal doing EXACTLY what the fool in the OP is doing in Munich in 1920's.  The primary difference is Hitler was effective and the people were receptive.

You seem to be unable to differentiate between an antisemite and an antisemitic movement.  Hitler was an antisemite, the Nazi party was an antisemitic movement.  Please note that Hitler was an antisemite before there was such a thing as the Nazi Party.

No....I can differentiate just fine.  That was the point of my post.  I guess our definitions of what constitutes an ill founded protest about rich people, and true anti-semitic behaviour are different.

He IS a nutjob.  He HAS the right to free speech.  If Hitler was alive today, HE would have the right to free speech here, too (as do the Neonazis).

None of that has any bearing whatsoever on whether that guy is an antisemite.  What he is doing/saying is literally the exact same thing Hitler said/did before coming to power.  It's antisemitic.  Blaming Jewish-controlled Wall Street for economic unrest is absolutely no different than Hitler blaming Jews for the economic devastation from Germany losing WWI.  That's  what Hitler did, that how he came to power, and that was his "reasoning" behind the Final Solution.  

Is it not ironic most all of this forum blames Muslims for terrorism and yet no one really is bothered by it?  Its a double standard and all of the blaming needs to be focused on INDIVIDUALS doing wrong, not groups, associations, or otherwise pertinent to the individuals.  Its like if a gun owner shot up a mall, the media would try to label him a right ring extremist because he owns guns.  Is the right wing of politics at all relevant to the evil deeds of the individual in the made up scenario?  Of course not, yet people continue to use associations to define individuals.  Logic pervades one too many however.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

<snip> The primary difference is Hitler was effective and the people were receptive.

It is worth studying European history, economics and the cultural landscape to understand why the German people were so receptive to Hitler's rantings. Sarah Gordon wrote an interesting book (Princeton University press) on it with some fascinating statistics relating to why Jews were seen the way they were. Some of it is previewed on Google books: "Hitler, Germans, and the Jewish Question".

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

No shit?

It is scary isn't it.

With hyperinflation and a bankrupt government, the German people were easily brainwashed by charismatic leader that offered hope for the future and occupied their misery with someone to hate. It could happen here in the US today. The conditions just need to be bad enough. Imagine 30-40% unemployment, and American families are going hungry.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What if they were to say "there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international JEW bankers" Would that be anti-semite or bizzare?

The word you're looking for is anti-semitic I believe.  In any case, it obviously changes the context greatly when you specify an association of people.  I find it particularly interesting that if WW2 never existed, there would be no special term for hate of Jewish people.  Example..if you said "there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international BLACK bankers" you'd be call a racist, no special term.  If you said "there is a cabal of sinister, shadowy international CHRISTIAN/MUSLIM bankers" there'd be no real specific term.  The problem isn't the accuracy of the term, for if you specify Jews in a hateful way, it is indeed anti-semitic.  The issue is the weight it carries.  Why does it carry so much more weight than hate of other faiths or races?  If you say its because of the historical context, then why..say for example when it comes to blacks and slavery are they reminded to move on and treat it as part of the past, but not so with the case of Jewish people?  I've witnessed dozens of times in the media where if one argues against someone who is Jewish, it turns into them being anti-semitic and because the term holds so much weight it completely destroys any credible discourse.

TL;DR Yes, it'd be anti-semitic by definition, but I feel that the term holds far too great of weight in comparison to those of other races, ethnicities and religions.  Though I seek fairness and balance when it comes to terminology and the "weight" of words, I'm sure somehow someone will misconstrue that to be anti-semitism as well because this after all GD
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

No shit?

Is it not ironic most all of this forum blames Muslims for terrorism and yet no one really is bothered by it? Its a double standard and all of the blaming needs to be focused on INDIVIDUALS doing wrong, not groups, associations, or otherwise pertinent to the individuals. Its like if a gun owner shot up a mall, the media would try to label him a right ring extremist because he owns guns.  Is the right wing of politics at all relevant to the evil deeds of the individual in the made up scenario?  Of course not, yet people continue to use associations to define individuals.  Logic pervades one too many however.

I guess you missed all the Islamic state sponsored terrorism that has been going on for years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
You won't hear about that anti-semitism on the mainstream news, I bet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#15]
And?
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

Although I agree with your premise the Holocaust would not have happened if it was for someone making them a scape goat.

True........ but this isn't about the Jews as a group of people.... it's about the suppsedly rich 1% vs the 99%.  

I really don't see it as anti-semitic....... it's just a stupid protest.   If all the protestors were blaming jewsih people then I'd be worried.  One fool with a placard and a conspiracy theory doesn't qualify as anti-semitism to me.

I suspect that the phrase has a much more sinister meaning over here.  When I see people calling oneanother anti-semitic on ARFCOM  I consider it to be a really serious accusation.  It's not something that is banded about readily in the UK or Europe because the connotations of such an accusation are considered extremely serious....... it's such a reprehensible thing.....hardly surprising considering what happened to 6 million people only few hundered miles away.

The one fool with the placard is an antisemite. Even the title of the thread indicates that it is discussing a "protestor" (note the singular).

Antisemitism doesn't require a group, and it's taken very seriously here.

Are these anti-semites?

http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/FromOthers/Anti_zionist_protesters.jpg

No, those are anizionists.

The guy I saw in the protest was protesting against the same thing....... Zionist conspiracy.  In fact he's on the BBC news now......as I type banging on about zionism.

I logged on to find out a bit more about this whole "occupy wallstreet" thing. Hard to make out what exactly they are upset about.... Bankers? Rich People? Successful business?

I suppose we should look on the bright side....at least you haven't got the riots we had.

<facepalm>

Zionism is not the same thing as "zionist consiracy."  One is a political movement for a Jewish state (Israel).  The other is an antisemitic conspiracy theory going back the the publication of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.  Hitler railed against the global Zionist conspiracy.

You'll pardon me for pointing out that for someone who claims to take antisemitism "very seriously" you sure don't know much about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip> The primary difference is Hitler was effective and the people were receptive.

It is worth studying European history, economics and the cultural landscape to understand why the German people were so receptive to Hitler's rantings. Sarah Gordon wrote an interesting book (Princeton University press) on it with some fascinating statistics relating to why Jews were seen the way they were. Some of it is previewed on Google books: "Hitler, Germans, and the Jewish Question".

It is fascinating.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Jews are victims of their own success.

Many Jews have been in the money lending game for a LONG time and for some reason they get stereotyped into that perception.  Even though frankly I find the Dutch to be more tight with money than any Jew I've ever met in my whole life.  I mean you want to meet somone who pinches pennies so hard Lincoln cries talk to a Dutchman.  

Did Jews help finance the Red October Revolution in Russia? Maybe a few, but a lot more of them were of Christian decent.  Marx was a Jew sure, but a self-hating Jew who wanted to abolish religion and most his supporters/followers were Christian decent.  The Jews came from Europe to the USA and they got into money lending or purchased things like the New York Times, but so what?  Finance and including Jews within have help fuel this nation and bring us into economic prosperity as a world power. If you're going to blame Jews as a whole than shouldn't you thank them as well?  

Maybe, just maybe, we should do the "American" thing and take people as INDIVIDUALS.  Not as neat little demographic groups or blocs as though there is no individual will just mob rule. This blaming groups of people based on just religion or skin color is a bunch of smoke coffee house crap that avoids looking at real issues.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
.............No....I can differentiate just fine.  That was the point of my post.  I guess our definitions of what constitutes an ill founded protest about rich people, and true anti-semitic behaviour are different.

What is the bar in GB between nutjob and anti-semite (at which point your legal system kicks in)?

Is the bar in GB higher or lower than in Gertmany at the present? IIRC, the Germans set the bar pretty low.

Quoted:

I don't know to be honest.  I think you are right..... the Germans have set the bar low.  It's a very sensitive subject over there for obvious reasons.

It's a sensitive subject over here as well, however when we use the term anti-semite it has far more serious connotations than it seems to have in the US. I've seen people chuck the label around on ARFCOM and call felow members anti-semites. That would be a big no-no over here and would be considered extremely offensive if it were not justified. You really don't call someone an anti-semite unless you want the pub to go quiet and a lynch mob to form.  Someone raving about a consiracy theory of Jews, Chrsitians or Muslims or any other cultural group would be widely regarded as a nutjob and so far out on the fringes of society that they would be deemed irrelevant.

However it is when people start to preach hatred, incite violence and start advocating physical harm to others that the legal machine rolls into full gear.

I think the guy we are discussing here would just be seen as a nutjob over here.  If he started to gain momentum, publicity and followers in his beliefs, then he would attract mush more attention and he would be called out over it.and discredited if his allegations were untrue.  Regardless of what the guys says on his placard or in his rantings, America isn't dumb enough to start believing it. And even if some did there is a vast majority of Americans who would slap them down as a fringe group of lunatics who pose no real threat but are a source of annoyance.  In effect, freedom of speech qould bite back.

Absolutely hilarious.  This is EXACTLY what happened to Hitler.  He was ignored and brushed off as a nutjob initially as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the video dated October 3, Monday, a grungy-looking man can be seen near the site of the Occupy Wall St. protests screaming to the crowd that "the Jews control Wall Street!”

When a man who claims to be Jewish challenges the alleged protester’s remarks, he screams back, "This is not Israel," ”Freedom of speech," ”Google Wall Street Jew," ”You greedy pig," and ”Go to Israel!”

As tensions rise, the crowd alleges that the protester has been paid by Fox News to stage a scene, one man even saying "Didn’t I see you getting out of a Fox News van earlier?” and a woman asking if he got paid $50 to utter his hate. His response? "F**k Fox News" and ”A f***ing Jew made that up.”

You lot band about the phrase "anti-Semitic" at anyone who happens to level any criticism misguided or otherwise about the Jews.....they are exercising their right to free speech even if they are dumb. You need to wake the fuck up and stop touting that anti-semite shit everytime somone says something you don;t like about the Jews. Anti-semitism is not some phase to be banded about in some retarded political tit for tat...... Anti-semetism is truly reprehensible, and it's true meaning and effects should not be forgotten.

REAL Anti-semitism:

Incidents of violence against Jews in the US is on the rise. http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/6128_12.htm

When Muslims carve a Star-of-David on the back of an Israeli immigrant in St. Louis....that's anti-Semitic.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/09/st-louis-muslims-carve-a-star-of-david-into-iraqi-immigrants-back-for-being-pro-israel-video/

When does the current 'fad' of bashing Jews in the US meet your criteria for being anti-Semitic?

The Jew bashing in this nation is only symptomatic of the planned 'class warfare' mentality being foisted upon those to ignorant to see it for what it is.

Those pictures you posted were the crescendo of the plans of evil personified....it didn't happen all at once....it was insideously incremental in it's rise to fruition.

The same insideous incrementalisim was started in this country in the early '60s...and unless identified for what it is...and acted against...could well rise to the same crescendo.

You're either part of the solution...or part of the problem.
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out ––

Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out ––

Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out ––

Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me –– and there was no one left to speak for me.

- Niemöller

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the video dated October 3, Monday, a grungy-looking man can be seen near the site of the Occupy Wall St. protests screaming to the crowd that "the Jews control Wall Street!”

When a man who claims to be Jewish challenges the alleged protester’s remarks, he screams back, "This is not Israel," ”Freedom of speech," ”Google Wall Street Jew," ”You greedy pig," and ”Go to Israel!”

As tensions rise, the crowd alleges that the protester has been paid by Fox News to stage a scene, one man even saying "Didn’t I see you getting out of a Fox News van earlier?” and a woman asking if he got paid $50 to utter his hate. His response? "F**k Fox News" and ”A f***ing Jew made that up.”

REAL Anti-semitism:

Wow...that is pure evil right there...

Yep....... True anti-semitism is ugly.

Political protest placards and anti-zionist sentiments are not anti-semitism. If it were then these fellas are an oxymoron.

Now watch ARFCOM's head explode:

Yes.  And if the Left ever gained total power, it would all start again.

The Jews...

The Catholics...

The retarded, old and otherwise "drains on society"...

The Junkers (Rich businessmen)...

The artists and writers...

The opposition...

You and Me  

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's stupid to judge a whole organization based on the comments of a few people anyway.  

I'm sure we've got our share of  anti-semites here.

Look at the supporter list on OccupyWallstreet.org. Does this list tell you anything about what the organization is really about? I don't care what they say they're about, one look at the list of supporters and I can see what the ultimate goal is of this organization.

http://occupywallst.org/

We stand in solidarity with the honest workers of:

AFL-CIO (AFSCME)

United NY

Strong Economy for All Coalition

Working Families Party

TWU Local 100

SEIU 1199

CWA 1109

RWDSU

Communications Workers of America

CWA Local 1180

United Auto Workers

United Federation of Teachers

Professional Staff Congress - CUNY

National Nurses United

Writers Guild East

And:

VOCAL-NY

Community Voices Heard

Alliance for Quality Education

New York Communities for Change

Coalition for the Homeless

Neighborhood Economic Development Advocacy Project (NEDAP)

The Job Party

NYC Coalition for Educational Justice

The Mirabal Sisters Cultural and Community Center

The New Deal for New York Campaign

National People's Action

ALIGN

Human Services Council

Labor-Religion Coalition of New York State

Citizen Action of NY

MoveOn.org

Common Cause NY

New Bottom Line

350.org

Tenants & Neighbors

Democracy for NYC

Resource Generation

Tenants PAC

Teachers Unite
Oh my god TEACHERS UNITE!!!! and COALITION FOR THE HOMELESS!!!that is one evil group there I say ROUND THEM UP and more psycho cops with pepper spray.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No....One is a political movement of the Jewish State, the other is a fantasists conspiracy theory about Zionist global economic dominance - if anything it's anti Zionist, not anti-semitic.

But I'll leave you with that since your have decided to become condescending rather than discuss the differences in interpretation.

So I'm taking it that you've never heard of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, nor did you click the link I provided for you.  Nor do you understand that book's influence on the thinking of Hitler, the ideology of the Nazis or the general sentiment of the time.

I hate to be rude, but I wasn't being condescending.  You are terribly ignorant on the subject if you think global Zionist conspiracy theories aren't antisemitc to their core.  You clearly don't understand the link to the very images YOU posted as an example of antisematism.

ETA:  Hell, I'll make it easy for you:

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a fraudulent antisemitic text purporting to describe a Jewish plan for achieving global domination. It was first published in Russia in 1903, translated into multiple languages, and disseminated internationally in the early part of the twentieth century. Henry Ford funded printing of 500,000 copies which were distributed throughout the United States in the 1920s.

Adolf Hitler and the Nazis were major proponents of the text: It was studied, as if factual, in German classrooms after they came to power in 1933, despite having been exposed as fraudulent years before. In the opinion of historian Norman Cohn, the Protocols was Hitler's primary justification for initiating the Holocaust — his "warrant for genocide."[1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]
They control the banks too?

I thought it was just the MSM and Hollywood
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Political protest placards and anti-zionist sentiments are not anti-semitism. If it were then these fellas are an oxymoron.

So you're posting pictures of self-hating Jews agreeing with leftist verbal antisemites, and to Jews that is somehow acceptable because at least it isn't Nazi antisemitism? What the fuck is that all about?

Once you go full retard it's hard to take it back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

It starts somewhere...Hitler didn't just whip out his .45 and start shooting. He planted the idea that Jews were behind something evil in order to build an army of like minded individuals. What you call hyperbole, I call the tilling of what can be a breeding ground.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know to be honest.  I think you are right..... the Germans have set the bar low.  It's a very sensitive subject over there for obvious reasons.

It's a sensitive subject over here as well, however when we use the term anti-semite it has far more serious connotations than it seems to have in the US. I've seen people chuck the label around on ARFCOM and call felow members anti-semites. That would be a big no-no over here and would be considered extremely offensive if it were not justified. You really don't call someone an anti-semite unless you want the pub to go quiet and a lynch mob to form.  Someone raving about a consiracy theory of Jews, Chrsitians or Muslims or any other cultural group would be widely regarded as a nutjob and so far out on the fringes of society that they would be deemed irrelevant.

However it is when people start to preach hatred, incite violence and start advocating physical harm to others that the legal machine rolls into full gear.

I think the guy we are discussing here would just be seen as a nutjob over here.  If he started to gain momentum, publicity and followers in his beliefs, then he would attract mush more attention and he would be called out over it.and discredited if his allegations were untrue.  Regardless of what the guys says on his placard or in his rantings, America isn't dumb enough to start believing it. And even if some did there is a vast majority of Americans who would slap them down as a fringe group of lunatics who pose no real threat but are a source of annoyance.  In effect, freedom of speech qould bite back.

Absolutely hilarious.  This is EXACTLY what happened to Hitler.  He was ignored and brushed off as a nutjob initially as well.

Is the condecension necessary?

This is supposed to be an interesting dicussion

The Germans rallied to Hitler because he promised to take Germany out of the strangelhold of post WWI Europe and rebuild Germany....not because he was anti-semitic.  He did a bloody good job as a local politician in bringing work and prosperity to Germans and gained his popularity through that........ his anti semitic agenda didn't come to the fore until he had gained sufficient power to sustain his climb to the position of Chancellor.

He then used that political astuteness and carisma to whip up the nationalist fervor and then used it to implement the final solution when he could do so unchallenged.

If you think that Terry Fuckwit with his conspiracy theory and Placard can whip up the same fervour in the USA then I suspect you grossly under-estimate your fellow countrymen.

The guy is a nutjob with a batty theory.  Nothing more, nothing less..... but I'm sure that won't stop you giving him the publicity he so richly deserves for achieveing his goal in winding up every Pro-Israeli Republican.  

You are right.  It is laughable.

You're aware that he published Mein Kempf SIX YEARS BEFORE he became chancellor, right?  His anti-semitism was part of his nationalist shtick; he blamed the Jews for "stabbing Germany in the back" during WWI.  It was a popular sentiment at the time.  See: The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They control the banks too?

I thought it was just the MSM and Hollywood
Did you ever read that column by Joel Stein (LA Times, Dec' '08) " How Jewish is Hollywood?"  It's pretty funny

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-stein19-2008dec19,0,4676183.column

"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans
now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by
Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which
released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory
against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has
gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood."

"As a proud Jew, I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we
control Hollywood. Without us, you'd be flipping between "The 700 Club"
and "Davey and Goliath" on TV all day."

"How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a
full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the
Screen Actors Guild settle  its contract, the open letter was signed
by:  News Corp. President  Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures
Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger
(Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew),
Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive  
Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister
of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief
Executive  Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein
brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut
down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah."

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

Although I agree with your premise the Holocaust would not have happened if it was for someone making them a scape goat.

True........ but this isn't about the Jews as a group of people.... it's about the suppsedly rich 1% vs the 99%.  

I really don't see it as anti-semitic....... it's just a stupid protest.   If all the protestors were blaming jewsih people then I'd be worried.  One fool with a placard and a conspiracy theory doesn't qualify as anti-semitism to me.

I suspect that the phrase has a much more sinister meaning over here.  When I see people calling oneanother anti-semitic on ARFCOM  I consider it to be a really serious accusation.  It's not something that is banded about readily in the UK or Europe because the connotations of such an accusation are considered extremely serious....... it's such a reprehensible thing.....hardly surprising considering what happened to 6 million people only few hundered miles away.

It only takes one person to turn a peaceful group of people into a riotous bunch of assholes
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#34]
"If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all."
from the article.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

"If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all."
from the article.

LOL...yeah.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You lot band about the phrase "anti-Semitic" at anyone who happens to level any criticism misguided or otherwise about the Jews.....they are exercising their right to free speech even if they are dumb. You need to wake the fuck up and stop touting that anti-semite shit everytime somone says something you don;t like about the Jews. Anti-semitism is not some phase to be banded about in some retarded political tit for tat...... Anti-semetism is truly reprehensible, and it's true meaning and effects should not be forgotten.

REAL Anti-semitism:

Incidents of violence against Jews in the US is on the rise. http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/6128_12.htm

When Muslims carve a Star-of-David on the back of an Israeli immigrant in St. Louis....that's anti-Semitic.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/09/st-louis-muslims-carve-a-star-of-david-into-iraqi-immigrants-back-for-being-pro-israel-video/

When does the current 'fad' of bashing Jews in the US meet your criteria for being anti-Semitic?

The Jew bashing in this nation is only symptomatic of the planned 'class warfare' mentality being foisted upon those to ignorant to see it for what it is.

Those pictures you posted were the crescendo of the plans of evil personified....it didn't happen all at once....it was insideously incremental in it's rise to fruition.

The same insideous incrementalisim was started in this country in the early '60s...and unless identified for what it is...and acted against...could well rise to the same crescendo.

Because I was not a Jew.

- Niemöller

Didn't know you have a growing problem with anti-semitic violence over there. First I've heard of it from this side. I guess that would push the nature of his comments up the agenda a little and raise the profile to someting that might be considered a little more than nutjob.

Do you really think it could descend into the anti-semitism experienced in parts of Europe in the 1930's-40's?

I can't see it ever getting to that stage as I don't think the US would allow it. It would need a government sympathetic to such a cause......in order to allow such a thing to occur. I really find it hard to believe that it could happen in the US as sanctioned by the state in Germany in WWII. I think that there are too many checks and balances in place to see anything come to fruition of that nature.

There will always be protestors and people with bonkers theories, hatred for others and lunatic ideas...I guess it depends how seriously you take them. how fragile you feel US society is, and how susceptible to an anti-semitic mob mentality you think Americans are....... You will be far better placedto judge than than I am.

Not only do I believe it's possible...I expect it to get very near that level.

It is the powers that be in the US Government are who are pushing the class-envy/class-resentment/class-warfare agenda. Steven Lerner, Van Jones, Obummer, Francis Fox Piven, SEIU, the Unions, ACORN....on and on and on.

This nation is under attack from within and those who are attacking our liberties have taken pages from the playbooks of ALL the world's famous tyrants. Evil is on the march...

The 'OccupyWallStreet' horse shit happening now is planned and supported by the very people named above....every useful idiot in the nation who has been convenced that they are owed everything have gathered together. The instigators of these protests are trying to 'crash the system'.

They are promoting these protests all across the nation. It won't be long before the violence starts....then our very own 'Operation Humminbird' to pacify the masses and cement their political power base. This thing is scripted, man.

Anti-Semitisim is just one of the disenfranchisement tools at their disposal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cheering-economic-terrorism-seiu-getting-ready-to-terrify-dc-steven-lerner-at-sieu-meeting-outlines-rules-to-creating-a-crisis-we-want-there-kids-to-hate-them-name-enemies-like-glenn-beck-shut-d/

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would like to step back in time and take that rifle out of the hands of the soldier(shitbag) about to shoot that woman and break it over his fucking head! then I would stick the pieces of it up his ass!

he was just following orders,kinda like the N.G. guys at Kent state.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to step back in time and take that rifle out of the hands of the soldier(shitbag) about to shoot that woman and break it over his fucking head! then I would stick the pieces of it up his ass!

Hide and watch closely....you'll get your chance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit.  Kent State was a clusterfuck of massive proportions but THAT fuckstain in the pic' WG is referencing KNEW what he was doing.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

Because I was not a Jew.

- Niemöller

Didn't know you have a growing problem with anti-semitic violence over there. First I've heard of it from this side. I guess that would push the nature of his comments up the agenda a little and raise the profile to someting that might be considered a little more than nutjob.

Do you really think it could descend into the anti-semitism experienced in parts of Europe in the 1930's-40's?

I can't see it ever getting to that stage as I don't think the US would allow it. It would need a government sympathetic to such a cause......in order to allow such a thing to occur. I really find it hard to believe that it could happen in the US as sanctioned by the state in Germany in WWII. I think that there are too many checks and balances in place to see anything come to fruition of that nature.

There will always be protestors and people with bonkers theories, hatred for others and lunatic ideas...I guess it depends how seriously you take them. how fragile you feel US society is, and how susceptible to an anti-semitic mob mentality you think Americans are....... You will be far better placedto judge than than I am.

It is the powers that be in the US Government are who are pushing the class-envy/class-resentment/class-warfare agenda. Steven Lerner, Van Jones, Obummer, Francis Fox Piven, SEIU, the Unions, ACORN....on and on and on.

This nation is under attack from within and those who are attacking our liberties have taken pages from the playbooks of ALL the world's famous tyrants. Evil is on the march...

The 'OccupyWallStreet' horse shit happening now is planned and supported by the very people named above....every useful idiot in the nation who has been convenced that they are owed everything have gathered together. The instigators of these protests are trying to 'crash the system'.

They are promoting these protests all across the nation. It won't be long before the violence starts....then our very own 'Operation Humminbird' to pacify the masses and cement their political power base. This thing is scripted, man.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cheering-economic-terrorism-seiu-getting-ready-to-terrify-dc-steven-lerner-at-sieu-meeting-outlines-rules-to-creating-a-crisis-we-want-there-kids-to-hate-them-name-enemies-like-glenn-beck-shut-d/

Funny how I bet over on DU they probably said the EXACT same thing about the tea party and you know what when it comes right down to it both movements are probably being screwed by the same people.  They do so like it when both sides that hate them also hate each other though and I am not talking about "the jews"...

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

You of course realize that the people responsible for the images you show got into power in part by making claims that are in the same vein as "The Jews control Wall Street" right?

And?

Have these plebs murdered any Jews yet?

Not even close to the same thing......... come back to me when Obama has rounded up the jews in concentration camps.

Did you and I even watch the same video?

Screaming that the Jews control wall street is vilifying us to the masses and trying to sway public support against us neatly fits "Antisemitism," does it not?

If I ran around a crowd with a sign that claimed that all black people are criminals considering the disproportionate number of blacks to every other race incarcerated, and then yelling "Go back to Africa," you'd be the first to say I'm a racist, wouldn't you?

And how many steps is it between public vilification/de-humanisation and murder? It ain't many. Not when the masses start believing the shit your little friend there spews.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

Because I was not a Jew.

- Niemöller

That is a very intersting post. Thanks. While my view of what is happening over there is limited, I have certainly noticed the whole class envy thing and polarisation happening in recent years. I wasn't sure if it was because I was kind of new to the foibles of American Politics and the ebb and flow of US Public Opinion as part of the norm, or if I was seeing something entirely new with the manifestation of new polar extremes in US society.

It's very hard to tell from where I am how things have got to where they are and where they might go. I was unaware of the targeting of jewish people which may explain why it seems that there is a hypersensitivity to anti-semitic behaviour traits. I had seen the more obvious polarisation around welfare issues and poverty but the attacks against jewsih people you mentioned earlier is something that has received little or no publicity.

Fastinating, if somewhat concerning times ahead it seems.

Arab Spring...American Fall....there is a global movement towards a one world government...and it's happening right now...all around the world.

The people in this nation will believe whatever the mainstream media tells them to believe....and the media is treasonously complicit in the 'agenda'. Hell, the average 'man-on-the-street' in this nation can't tell you who the Vice President is...let alone have the mental acuity to sense their impending enslavement. The majority of them thrive on 'bread and circuses' whilst these creaping incremental attacks on their liberties go unnoticed....it can't happen here....not in this country...the news media would warn us.

It's underway here...and all around the world...a systematic attack on free peoples world-wide. In this nation...it's like 'taking candy from a baby' to remove our freedoms....little by little....bit by bit...we're to busy blaming someone for our problems, being a victim, and trying to crash the system.

Wait until 'they' disolve all of the European country's individual treasuries and combine them into one. It's comming....you are not immune.

Again, Evil is on the move....and it's not limited to the US.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I didn't read the whole thread before my other post, and from what you've said quasi justifies your opinion and I understand where you're coming from.

That said, the lone nutjob in question we're talking about here happens to be spouting the position of much of the "99%er" movement! The problem you're having here is that most of the people posting in this thread RECOGNIZE that this is the position that most of them believe. Get a crowd together, let mob mentality take over, and even though I don't exactly "Look" Jewish, I'd be in fear for my life if someone found out. These people, I agree with you, need to be dragged out and shown to be the retards they are, but you can't exactly do that to the thousands that make up this silly communist movement.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

REAL Anti-semitism:

Because I was not a Jew.

- Niemöller

That is a very intersting post. Thanks. While my view of what is happening over there is limited, I have certainly noticed the whole class envy thing and polarisation happening in recent years. I wasn't sure if it was because I was kind of new to the foibles of American Politics and the ebb and flow of US Public Opinion as part of the norm, or if I was seeing something entirely new with the manifestation of new polar extremes in US society.

It's very hard to tell from where I am how things have got to where they are and where they might go. I was unaware of the targeting of jewish people which may explain why it seems that there is a hypersensitivity to anti-semitic behaviour traits. I had seen the more obvious polarisation around welfare issues and poverty but the attacks against jewsih people you mentioned earlier is something that has received little or no publicity.

Fastinating, if somewhat concerning times ahead it seems.

Arab Spring...American Fall....there is a global movement towards a one world government...and it's happening right now...all around the world.

The people in this nation will believe whatever the mainstream media tells them to believe....and the media is treasonously complicit in the 'agenda'. Hell, the average 'man-on-the-street' in this nation can't tell you who the Vice President is...let alone have the mental acuity to sense their impending enslavement. The majority of them thrive on 'bread and circuses' whilst these creaping incremental attacks on their liberties go unnoticed....it can't happen here....not in this country...the news media would warn us.

It's underway here...and all around the world...a systematic attack on free peoples world-wide. In this nation...it's like 'taking candy from a baby' to remove our freedoms....little by little....bit by bit...we're to busy blaming someone for our problems, being a victim, and trying to crash the system.

Wait until 'they' disolve all of the European country's individual treasuries and combine them into one. It's comming....you are not immune.

Again, Evil is on the move....and it's not limited to the US.

Can you tell me what part of the so-called "socialist" agenda of this movement companies like GE/NBC or the other large corporations that own the rest of the "mainstream media" are complicit with.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#48]
like,don't jews run a lot of stuff though?
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're posting pictures of self-hating Jews agreeing with leftist verbal antisemites, and to Jews that is somehow acceptable because at least it isn't Nazi antisemitism? What the fuck is that all about?

Once you go full retard it's hard to take it back.

You kinda missed the point......

The point was retarded, what do you want me to say?
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't mess with God's chosen people.  

God's covenant with Abraham:  Those who bless you will be blessed; and those who curse you will be cursed.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top