Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2011 1:22:13 PM EDT
Can someone enlighten me a bit as to how this breaks down? As I understand it, all the smaller street gangs have to pay taxes to  one of the two to operate?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
ponzi scheme
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn't direcly what you're posting about, but I saw a documentary how the Latino and illegal street vendors in southern California have to pay 50% of their revenues to Mexican gangs for protection money.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
In very general terms Surenos = south, Nortenos = north with Bakersfield being the dividing line.  Regardless, they  are a bunch of criminals that fight over "colors" - as in Target employees getting attacked because they wear read shirts as part of their company uniform.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the USMC to wipe them both out....
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
More about alliances than being taxed. There is no true head and gangs often tax each other.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
California gangs...one of many reasons I'm glad I left there in 1992.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Mexican mafia has direct connections to Mexican cartels and supply the street gangs with drugs.

Street gangs handle low level retail sales and pay a 10% commission or street tax for selling on 'protected' turf.

The gangs also extort retails businesses and street vendors.

Suerons are 'southerners- from Southern California and report to the Mexican Mafia, and Nortenos are 'northerners and report to a couple different Mexican gangs, like La familai Nuestra and teh Northern Structure IIRC.  there are always rivalries and hot headed idiots that cause problems. standard issues 3rd world mentality.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Gangs are not a California specific problem.....................  

Brian

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Get them to wipe each other out, and the rest of the gangs as collateral damage.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Nope..... and neither is the West Nile virus or liberalism. Sadly, they spread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been seeing Surenos gang tags in the neighborhood recently and this is already black gang territory.  Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

They just have so many of them..

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe one of the CDC members here could chime in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
It'd suck to work for Dominos.
Quoted:
In very general terms Surenos = south, Nortenos = north with Bakersfield being the dividing line.  Regardless, they  are a bunch of criminals that fight over "colors" - as in Target employees getting attacked because they wear read shirts as part of their company uniform.

Brian

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brian

Like everything else, they come from somewhere else. The worlds problems didn't originate in California. I know that flies in the face of GD doctrine.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I hate to say it but the only way to stop them would be to hunt them down and kill them

They don't fear the Police, they don't care about society's laws and they don't fear prison

I encounter MS-13 in my line of work and they just don't give a shit

One guy was being deported to Honduras by ICE and he told us " I'll be back in two weeks ", well damn if he didn't get re- arrested a few months down the road and wind up in my jail again

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mexican mafia has direct connections to Mexican cartels and supply the street gangs with drugs.

Street gangs handle low level retail sales and pay a 10% commission or street tax for selling on 'protected' turf.

Suerons are 'southerners- from Southern California and report to the Mexican Mafia, and Nortenos are 'northerners and report to a couple different Mexican gangs, like La familai Nuestra and teh Northern Structure IIRC.  there are always rivalries and hot headed idiots that cause problems. standard issues 3rd world mentality.

Any insight on connections to the specific cartels?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It would take a full on Salvador-style "guerra sucia" to deal with them, and I wouldn't trust any entity to engage in that kind of thing on US soil.

Not even myself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I will try to break this down in a very simple manner.  This stuff is very complicated and 99% of the population wouldn't believe how this stuff works.  

Surenos
All hispanic gangs from Bakersfield and south.  Known as "Foot Soldiers" for the Mexican Mafia (EME).  The Mexican Mafia runs all (well most) sureno gangs.  The Surenos pay taxes to the Mexican Mafia in form of cash and dope.  In return, EME guarentees protection and resources.  The gangs who do not go along with the "program", are green-lighted by EME.  Basically, when the EME puts out an order, the hispanic gangs (Surenos) obey.

Nortenos
I don't know much about them, but I know that they do not get along with the Surenos/EME.  "Nuestra Familia" runs the Nortenos.  They are all hispanic gang members North of Bakersfield.  

The two DO NOT get along.  

These politics are very strong in prisons and county jails.  On the streets they are strong as well, but hispanic gangs don't always get along with other hispanic gangs.  They gang together a lot in jail/prison.  

They have a very strict code of conduct, and are very discipline and loyal to their leaders.  

Any specific questions?

There are some books written by ex-EME members that are pretty good.  One of them is called "The Black Hand."
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#20]
two biggest fraternities at the university of mexico city.

the hazing they put perspective pledges through is a bitch.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will try to break this down in a very simple manner.  This stuff is very complicated and 99% of the population wouldn't believe how this stuff works.  

Surenos
All hispanic gangs from Bakersfield and south.  Known as "Foot Soldiers" for the Mexican Mafia (EME).  The Mexican Mafia runs all (well most) sureno gangs.  The Surenos pay taxes to the Mexican Mafia in form of cash and dope.  In return, EME guarentees protection and resources.  The gangs who do not go along with the "program", are green-lighted by EME.  Basically, when the EME puts out an order, the hispanic gangs (Surenos) obey.

Nortenos
I don't know much about them, but I know that they do not get along with the Surenos/EME.  "Nuestra Familia" runs the Nortenos.  They are all hispanic gang members North of Bakersfield.  

These politics are very strong in prisons and county jails.  On the streets they are strong as well, but hispanic gangs don't always get along with other hispanic gangs.  They gang together a lot in jail/prison.  

They have a very strict code of conduct, and are very discipline and loyal to their leaders.  

Any specific questions?

Where does MS-13 fit in?
Also, I'm guessing they don't get along with the blacks-other than incarceration, do they ever ally themselves?
Do the Bloods and Crips ally with themselves against the Hispanics?
Where does whitey fit in? Generally left alone?  
Quite a bit, I know. Ignorant of this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Surenos are much larger, multiple states, s.american countries,etc. Nortenos are primarily n.cali. The surenos pretty much run the prisons in cali. as they outnumber all the others.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would take a full on Salvador-style "guerra sucia" to deal with them, and I wouldn't trust any entity to engage in that kind of thing on US soil.

Not even myself.

We have a big problem here in NY with MS-13

Years ago some Salvadorian Immigrants who didn't like being threatened and shaken down by MS formed a group called Salvadorians with Pride or SWP

Eventually SWP got into drugs and guns, they wound on the Feds radar and they swooped in and arrested them all under the RICO act

Now they are pretty much non-existent, but they left the MS-13 for the local police to deal with

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I've been seeing Surenos gang tags in the neighborhood recently and this is already black gang territory. Should be interesting.

what neighborhood?

there have been some seriously interesting/disturbing developements in the local gang world up here lately
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#26]
We see MS-13 artwork here in Georgia all the time.........

Quoted:
I've been seeing Surenos gang tags in the neighborhood recently and this is already black gang territory.  Should be interesting.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even myself.

Nope...once the line starts getting blurry, Shit gets nasty real fast...
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surenos

Nortenos

Any specific questions?

Where does MS-13 fit in?
Also, I'm guessing they don't get along with the blacks-other than incarceration, do they ever ally themselves?

I will try my best to answer your questions.  

MS - 13 is another street gang, comprised of many central american immigrants.  It originated as a gang to protect salvadorian immigrants everywhere.  MS stands for Marasalvatrucha (translated as salvadorian gang) and the 13 stands for the 13th letter of the alphabet which is M.  The M represents their assosiation with EME (Mexican Mafia).  I believe the gang started in Los Angeles.  It has spread to many locations where there are central american immigrant gang members.  They have tattoos all over their faces.

In a custody setting, YES, Bloods and Crips (and all black gangs for that) band together.  Nowadays, it really isn't the Bloods vs. the Crips anymore.  In parts it is, but those gangs are now broken up into many small gangs. Black gangs have evolved a lot.    Their organization is a joke compared to hispanic gangs.  They band together in a custody facility against the surenos.  Their organization is laughable, they try to emulate the hispanic gang organization, but are too undisciplined to be successful (no surprise).  Everytime there are fights between the hispanics and blacks, the blacks absolutely own the hispanics.  

Blacks and hispanics do not get along.  They might be housed together, but they have specific rules agaisnt each other.  For example, south siders (surenos) are forbidden to sit on a blacks bunk.  Funny, blacks and hispanic gang members are the most racist people I have ever dealt with, NOT the white man.  

The whites, are much stronger in state prisons than county jails.  THe Nazi Low Riders (NLR) and Aryan Brotherhood, Call the shots for the white gangs.  They band together the best of all races.  There are just not many of them.  

Your questions are good.  Not many people know about this stuff, rather interesting if you are involved in LE or around these types.

Any more questions?  

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sureneos are 'southerners- from Southern California and report to the Mexican Mafia, and Nortenos are 'northerners and report to a couple different Mexican gangs, like La familai Nuestra and teh Northern Structure IIRC.  there are always rivalries and hot headed idiots that cause problems. standard issues 3rd world mentality.

I don't track them that closely, but here's a report from those that do.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surenos

Nortenos

Any specific questions?

Where does MS-13 fit in?

The "13" signifies Surenos and allegiance to the MM (Mexican Mafia)  "M" is the 13th letter of the alphabet.

Hispanics don't usually like blacks and there have been a lot of race related shooting in California.

Matter of fact- Compton is now majority Hispanic/Mexican.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
What do initiations into these sort of fraternities consist of?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 Funny, blacks and hispanic gang members are the most racist people I have ever dealt with, NOT the white man.  

Seems that way for non gang members too. My Spanish friends HATE blacks and I've never heard the N word used so much until I started hanging out with them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Funny, blacks and hispanic gang members are the most racist people I have ever dealt with, NOT the white man.  

Seems that way for non gang members too. My Spanish friends HATE blacks and I've never heard the N word used so much until I started hanging out with them.

I have seen the same thing.  It's funny, hispanics think blacks are fithly.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most surenos have to be brought in.  Not everyone can just join.  They need a recommendation.  After coming in, they have to put in "work".  Drugs, assualts, murders, etc.

EME on the other hand, has very few members.  You have to be a life long surenos and have put in a lot of work for the EME before they would consider you.  Many members of the EME are well educated.  Some have infiltrated organizations that have influence throughout CA.  Such as politics, education, etc.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To their credit, they don't even like each other. Call a Cuban a Puerto Rican and it's on. Don't even try calling either a Mexican.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To their credit, they don't even like each other. Call a Cuban a Puerto Rican and it's on. Don't even try calling either a Mexican.

Lots of South Americans get insulted when you assume they are Mexican, especially the Argentinians who think of themselves as more European than Latino.

We had Sureno graffiti in our neighborhood a few years back, it all came from 2-3 occupants of the nearby Section 8 housing complex (surprise, surprise).  The city came down hard on them and they either got arrested or deported or lost their daytime construction jobs and went back home.  Haven't seen any Sureno tags since then.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most surenos have to be brought in.  Not everyone can just join.  They need a recommendation.  After coming in, they have to put in "work".  Drugs, assualts, murders, etc.

EME on the other hand, has very few members.  You have to be a life long surenos and have put in a lot of work for the EME before they would consider you.  Many members of the EME are well educated.  Some have infiltrated organizations that have influence throughout CA.  Such as politics, education, etc.

The Mayor of LA is purported to be EME w/ full sleeve tats to prove it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Nope, they sure aren't. But they were WAY more prevalent when I lived in California than anywhere else I've lived.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Surenos

Nortenos

Any specific questions?

Where does MS-13 fit in?

Yeah, that's a good one.

To the best of my knowledge and experience, most white racist organizations in this country probably wouldn't really exist if it wasn't for the prison experiences of their members. Ya see, a white boy in prison may just get his ass beat and raped on a daily basis by the black and latino folks unless he joins up with the white gangs. Not always, mind you, there's a whole range of jails and prisons out there in the nation; but if you're one of a few pasty white boys on the block and you're surrounded by some of the most racist latino and black folks in the country (who also happen to be quite violent) then you'd best have a lot of racist and violent buddies watching your ass and willing to go extract payback if you get fucked with.

You get groups like the aryan brotherhood, nazi low riders, aryan circle, skins and peckerwoods, etc. A lot of the christian identity groups have primarily prison ministries, about the only way they get converts as far as I can tell.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

just create a tag system and let ARFcom go hunting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

Like everything else, they come from somewhere else. The worlds problems didn't originate in California. I know that flies in the face of GD doctrine.

However, a lot of problems that exist out in the world get their foothold in this country by moving into CA with the tides of over-protected illegals
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I like the way you think. Send em on down to MexiSithole too and just blow the fuck outta the cartels and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sureneos are 'southerners- from Southern California and report to the Mexican Mafia, and Nortenos are 'northerners and report to a couple different Mexican gangs, like La familai Nuestra and teh Northern Structure IIRC.  there are always rivalries and hot headed idiots that cause problems. standard issues 3rd world mentality.

I don't track them that closely, but here's a report from those that do.

http://geo-mexico.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/STRATFOR-Mexican-drug-cartels-map.jpg

Unfortunately that map is out of date.  The Tijuana Cartel (AFO) has been all but dismantled and the drug trafficking is currently being handled by a number of splinter groups ( it is my opinion that the map below gives too much influence to the AFO in TJ)..  It hasn't been claimed by any of the major cartels as of yet, the territory is very much in dispute.  Also the Gulf cartel has lost a lot of power and influence near the U.S. border due to Los Zetas coming on the scene.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#44]
In 2003, Rene Enriquez defected from the Mexican Mafia. As a senior leader in the organization, he had much to offer the authorities. His debriefings with officials were videotaped. Here are excerpts from one tape.

very illuminating 10 minute tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEvsD7pyp5w
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#45]
The Mexican drug problem is one of the easiest problems to solve.  So, so, easy to solve.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Brian

Used to be Bakersfield.

Now it's County Line Road where Kern County meets Tulare County.

But we still have both present in Bakersfield due to Delano and the proximity of that crap hole to Tulare.    Years ago the dividing line used to be California Avenue straight through Bakersfield but it's not anymore.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Mexican drug problem is one of the easiest problems to solve.  So, so, easy to solve.

So what is your solution?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Operation Reciprocity from Clear and Present Danger.  

And treat criminal gangs as a domestic enemy being in league with a foreign enemy and not just a criminal enterprise and go to town.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Brian

They just have so many of them..

Ain't demographics a bitch?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

End the WOD, this is prohibition 2.0, we've played this game before.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top