BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Yeah, I'd read about that, but that was the only time I'd ever experienced it.

What I find most interesting is the different reactions I get from folks I've related the incident to.

The scientific minded immediately go, "night terrors/sleep paralysis".

The rationalization for the later part of the incident is 'psychosomatic induction', i.e. my subconscious was still traumatized from the incident and induced the sensations that occurred every time I tried entering my room later. Reciting the prayer simply rekindled those memories/feelings of comfort/safety from my early childhood.

The religious/superstitious folks on the other hand always point out that it seems incredibly coincidental/convenient that I just 'happened' to have something trigger the memory of a long forgotten prayer just 2 weeks prior to the incident.

Max
View Quote
Post the prayer, man.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By M1dW99Z:
Nah, I voted last election.   I do work with some Spooks though.  I think someone is just kiting ghosts into my building like they crop dust a fart.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M1dW99Z:
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:

Is it possible that you are dead and haunting arfcom and/or your job? 
Nah, I voted last election.   I do work with some Spooks though.  I think someone is just kiting ghosts into my building like they crop dust a fart.
Voting is not an indication of life.  A lot of democrats vote for decades after death.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

Voting is not an indication of life.  A lot of democrats vote for decades after death.
View Quote
A lot of Republicans also vote Democrat after death.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grimhollow:

democrats would probably insist that they finally saw the Light.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Foosmonkey:
Freshman year of college I stayed at a satellite campus of the university I was attending. It was an old Sacred Heart school that had all kinds of paranormal things have happened, to the point that the school was featured on unsolved mysteries more than once. Surrounding the campus was a small patch of woods that students would go into after class to drink beer and smoke And hang out. Every time my friends and I would go into the clearing it would be the clearest, sunniest day, and within twenty minutes the sky would get dark and it would start raining. As soon as you left the patch of woods, the rain would stop and the sun would come out.
Other things that were strange was the small graveyard where the old nuns were buried that was right next to the residence hall. Every night when it was warm out, a bat would be seen circling over one specific headstone. Also, floor 1 1/2 behind the chapel had all kinds of things, like the world "help" written on the white wall in white paint.
Then there was the time we went into the main building at about 2 am to explore, because there were alot of people who said it was haunted and we wanted to check it out. We sat in silence for about an hour on the top floor. After a while of nothing happening, we heard distinct footsteps from the attic: taking about four or five steps, stops, pivots, then four or five steps in the other direction, pacing back and forth. The only other person in the entire building besides the four of us was the night guard who we secured permission to get in, and he was in the security room three floors below us. Turns out there had been multiple suicides, one person jumped off the roof, and another person hung themself.

There were also the nightmares I had as a kid of the "mooseman", as I called him basically this guy who would appear in my dreams and look at me, and the skin of his jaw and his ears were missing. Years later,in my late 20's I was talking to my mom at her house when the conversation turned to the house I grew up in. Turns out a guy was murdered in the garage years before my dad bought the place.
View Quote
@Foosmonkey

You were at Barat, part of DePaul. I used to live practically next door.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Copied from the dogman thread:

In Washington's north cascades, don't turn off of highway 2 and go above the town of Index at night. Just don't. Stay on highway 2, and keep going...

Above Index is only place in the world that I have felt that "fear of imminent death" from an unknown predator(s). I have been all over the place, in lots of hostile situations, and never have felt something like this before or since. But it gets better. First, some background:

To get to Index, you have to turn off the highway and cross a river which separates the town from the surrounding hills. In crossing the bridge, you get this creepy feeling that the bridge is the only way in or out (not true), and that the river is protecting the town from something...else...

The town itself is a nice little place under the shadow of Mount Index, which veritably looms over the town. There's an old wood frame hotel from the 1890's, a church, and some other architectural relics of the long-gone North Cascades gold rush. Index isn't a tourist spot, and is far enough off the highway that it doesn't get any drive-by business. People do live there, and they tend to look warily through their blinds at any vehicle they don't recognize. That's Index.

If you don't take the turn over the bridge into town, the road continues along the river. This is the Index-Galena road. There are cabins and old mobile homes and hunting shacks along the river side of the road. Go a little further, and there's a forest service road to the right. This is Forest Road 6310, or something like that. It climbs up towards Gunn Peak over a series of switchbacks. At the end of the road, there's an old clearcut, with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

My wife and I (I already posted the wife pics, go find them.) went up there in the early fall once to picnic with a friend, who wanted to get his new XJ Cherokee Laredo up into the mountains to try out his new tires. He was flush with cash at the time, and volunteered with several Search and Rescue groups. Because of this, he had a Whelan full-width light bar with amber strobes mounted on the XJ. (this is important later in the story). We got up to the clearing in the early afternoon, broke out the food, and enjoyed the setting. Did a little plinking, that kind of thing (We had one Glock 17 and an SP-101 in .38 Special between the three of us.) It was a bit cool (we gained a pretty fair amount of elevation getting there), and we knew the temperature was going to drop as soon the shadows deepened. It darkened even more quickly than we expected, and we began to pack everything up. About then, we heard the first howl. It was a distant wolf- but there weren't supposed to be any wolves up here yet (This was the early '90's- they had not yet been reintroduced to the area). "That was cool" we thought. Then I suddenly got a chill down my back. I wheeled around to look at the nearby tree line- although the clearcut was still in dusky light, it was now pitch black in the trees. It hit me right about then- that primal fear. "We have to go. Now." I said. Our friend looked at me and said something like, "You afraid of a stupid wolf?" Then- another howl- in the treeline- not more than twenty yards away. We all looked at each other, collectively blinked once, and didn't waste any time getting into the jeep. Somehow, it was now dark already- and full dark once the road down entered the treeline. We could hear them all over now- even over the noise of the jeep's inline six- but the sound they made wasn't...quite...right... He started picking up the speed on the single lane gravel forest road. I reached forward and hit the switch for the left side scene lights on the light bar. This caused a single halogen lamp to shine on the trunks of trees as they sped past- and showing the reflection of many sets of eyes in the darkness behind the trees, They were moving- tracking our vehicle- which was now doing about 40 on the narrow road. "We'll lose them on this straight" he said, now pushing fifty. I hit the scene light switch again- only trees. Phew! That was silly, I thought. We're in a car, and we get freaked out by some stupid wolves. Great.

Now out of danger, we approach the first switchback- slow down, make the turn- and there ahead of us- about a half dozen HUGE wolves in the road- waiting for us. They had gone straight down the hill to cut us off at the switchback.-then they were gone. What the hell? Now, we're ALL freaked out. Now tearing down the road, sending gravel flying, approaching the next switchback. I had left both side scene lights on at this point, but all they illuminated were the trunks of trees on the sides of the road. I turned them off. We make the turn- nothing -no wolves. Suddenly, I had an idea- I switched on the strobes. Frozen in disco stop motion of the strobes on both sides of the jeep - wolves - EXCEPT THEY WERE ALL STANDING ON TWO FEET, LIKE MEN! They bound off in frozen staccato stop motion- back down the grade- presumably to meet us on the next switchback- and then-

- I don't remember anything else. We were back on highway 2, heading towards Gold Bar. I turned off the strobes.

Stay away from Index after dark.
View Quote
Have a buddy from that part of the world I relayed your experience with and he just nodded the whole time and replied with " he's not shitting you either "
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MountainMan:
Have a buddy from that part of the world I relayed your experience with and he just nodded the whole time and replied with " he's not shitting you either "
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Copied from the dogman thread:

In Washington's north cascades, don't turn off of highway 2 and go above the town of Index at night. Just don't. Stay on highway 2, and keep going...

Above Index is only place in the world that I have felt that "fear of imminent death" from an unknown predator(s). I have been all over the place, in lots of hostile situations, and never have felt something like this before or since. But it gets better. First, some background:

To get to Index, you have to turn off the highway and cross a river which separates the town from the surrounding hills. In crossing the bridge, you get this creepy feeling that the bridge is the only way in or out (not true), and that the river is protecting the town from something...else...

The town itself is a nice little place under the shadow of Mount Index, which veritably looms over the town. There's an old wood frame hotel from the 1890's, a church, and some other architectural relics of the long-gone North Cascades gold rush. Index isn't a tourist spot, and is far enough off the highway that it doesn't get any drive-by business. People do live there, and they tend to look warily through their blinds at any vehicle they don't recognize. That's Index.

If you don't take the turn over the bridge into town, the road continues along the river. This is the Index-Galena road. There are cabins and old mobile homes and hunting shacks along the river side of the road. Go a little further, and there's a forest service road to the right. This is Forest Road 6310, or something like that. It climbs up towards Gunn Peak over a series of switchbacks. At the end of the road, there's an old clearcut, with a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.

My wife and I (I already posted the wife pics, go find them.) went up there in the early fall once to picnic with a friend, who wanted to get his new XJ Cherokee Laredo up into the mountains to try out his new tires. He was flush with cash at the time, and volunteered with several Search and Rescue groups. Because of this, he had a Whelan full-width light bar with amber strobes mounted on the XJ. (this is important later in the story). We got up to the clearing in the early afternoon, broke out the food, and enjoyed the setting. Did a little plinking, that kind of thing (We had one Glock 17 and an SP-101 in .38 Special between the three of us.) It was a bit cool (we gained a pretty fair amount of elevation getting there), and we knew the temperature was going to drop as soon the shadows deepened. It darkened even more quickly than we expected, and we began to pack everything up. About then, we heard the first howl. It was a distant wolf- but there weren't supposed to be any wolves up here yet (This was the early '90's- they had not yet been reintroduced to the area). "That was cool" we thought. Then I suddenly got a chill down my back. I wheeled around to look at the nearby tree line- although the clearcut was still in dusky light, it was now pitch black in the trees. It hit me right about then- that primal fear. "We have to go. Now." I said. Our friend looked at me and said something like, "You afraid of a stupid wolf?" Then- another howl- in the treeline- not more than twenty yards away. We all looked at each other, collectively blinked once, and didn't waste any time getting into the jeep. Somehow, it was now dark already- and full dark once the road down entered the treeline. We could hear them all over now- even over the noise of the jeep's inline six- but the sound they made wasn't...quite...right... He started picking up the speed on the single lane gravel forest road. I reached forward and hit the switch for the left side scene lights on the light bar. This caused a single halogen lamp to shine on the trunks of trees as they sped past- and showing the reflection of many sets of eyes in the darkness behind the trees, They were moving- tracking our vehicle- which was now doing about 40 on the narrow road. "We'll lose them on this straight" he said, now pushing fifty. I hit the scene light switch again- only trees. Phew! That was silly, I thought. We're in a car, and we get freaked out by some stupid wolves. Great.

Now out of danger, we approach the first switchback- slow down, make the turn- and there ahead of us- about a half dozen HUGE wolves in the road- waiting for us. They had gone straight down the hill to cut us off at the switchback.-then they were gone. What the hell? Now, we're ALL freaked out. Now tearing down the road, sending gravel flying, approaching the next switchback. I had left both side scene lights on at this point, but all they illuminated were the trunks of trees on the sides of the road. I turned them off. We make the turn- nothing -no wolves. Suddenly, I had an idea- I switched on the strobes. Frozen in disco stop motion of the strobes on both sides of the jeep - wolves - EXCEPT THEY WERE ALL STANDING ON TWO FEET, LIKE MEN! They bound off in frozen staccato stop motion- back down the grade- presumably to meet us on the next switchback- and then-

- I don't remember anything else. We were back on highway 2, heading towards Gold Bar. I turned off the strobes.

Stay away from Index after dark.
Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I gotta make a road trip now!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread needs more goat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was younger ( maybe 4) I was taking a bath. Only my oldest brother was home downstairs. I hear a voice say "shhhh quiet" into my ear while I was in the tub. I freaked out and jumped out of there as fast as I could and ran to my brother naked. I didn't leave his side for the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
This one isn't as creepy as some of the others, but here it is.

I spent much of my childhood living at my grandparent's house in South Bend, IN. It was an old farmhouse that my great-grandparents bought around 1917-18 after emigrating to the U.S. from Hungary. The house was likely built before 1900 and the farmland eventually sold off as the city expanded. A neighborhood grew up around the former farmhouse. My great-grandparents lived and died there before their son (my grandfather) moved back in with his family. The house always gave my brother and me the creeps, but that went away as I grew older. We'd hear noises but eventually rationalized is was a creaky old house, surrounded by creaky old trees and situated on a busy highway with plenty of truck traffic.

I moved back in when I was in my early 20's, taking college classes and working a 3rd shift security job at a stamping facility that was once part of Studebaker. Anyway, I'd get off work at 6 AM and drive 5 minutes to my grandparents' place and sleep for a few hours before leaving for school. One morning I walked in and my grandma was up and leaving for her job. Grandpa was retired and still in bed sleeping.

I walked upstairs to my room and jumped in bed. I hadn't been there for more than a minute when I heard someone walking up the steps then down the upstairs hallway. I rolled over and looked out into the hallway expecting to see my grandfather, but nobody was there. I knew I heard somebody walking up the stairs, so I got out of bed and looked around. I went downstairs to check on my grandfather. He was still asleep in his bed. Looked outside and grandma was already gone. At this point I was certain there was an intruder inside the house. I went back upstairs and retrieved my pistol (Norinco 1911 - still have it, btw) then checked every closet and everywhere else a person could hide. Found nobody.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:08:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magicmissle] [#12]
During my divorce I moved into a nice condo in Las Vegas, I was there for about 6 months to get back on my feet. It was a really nice place, very upscale and I used it also as an office during the first phase of starting my business. Link to Condo's

I was sitting in my home movie theater about a year ago, fully extended and relaxed on the lazy boy. I had a projector that wass ceiling mounted, and created about a 35 foot screen. I was half way into a show and paused it to take a work call at about 10:30pm at night, and i'm sitting and not paying any attention of what is on the screen. I have my laptop out on my lap, pulling up some cost projections and take a glance up because the room grew dark. I saw the shadow of a figure blocking out the projection, standing less than 2 feet behind where I was sitting. I nearly shit myself, jumped out of my lazy boy and did a full 180 to see nothing.

About 3-4 days after this happened, I was dead asleep upstairs and I hear a woman screaming in my ear "wake up you motherfucker!!!!!" super loud. I jumped out of bed and scanned the room, checked the house and found nothing. I said a prayer and saged each room. Less than an hour after I was finished, I started hearing what sounded like pounding on the second story balcony sliding glass door, followed up with screaming "Let me in!!" I went up stairs to see the glass of the sliding glass door oscillating back and forth with the impact of solid heavy blows. At the same time I had security ring my door bell so I ran down stairs and let them in, I guess a neighbor had called about suspected domestic dispute or argument because of all the noise. I let them come in look around, I told him I heard it too but didn't go into any detail. I moved out 2 months later.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
Ya'all come back now, ya' hear...

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RevDeadCorpse:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a2/21/b0/a221b0d4715a6c9485b67661bd6c3f9b.jpg
View All Quotes

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a2/21/b0/a221b0d4715a6c9485b67661bd6c3f9b.jpg
lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Didn't know they did that
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Magicmissle:

About 3-4 days after this happened, I was dead asleep upstairs and I hear a woman screaming in my ear "wake up you motherfucker!!!!!" super loud. I jumped out of bed and scanned the room, checked the house and found nothing. I said a prayer and saged each room. Less than an hour after I was finished, I started hearing what sounded like pounding on the second story balcony sliding glass door, followed up with screaming "Let me in!!" I went up stairs to see the sliding glass door osculating back and forth with the impact of solid heavy blows. At the same time I had security ring my door bell so I ran down stairs and let them in, I guess a neighbor had called about suspected domestic dispute or argument because of all the noise. I let them come in look around, I told him I heard it too but didn't go into any detail. I moved out 2 months later.
View Quote
That would have been something to see.
Auto-Correct has failed you, my friend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

That would have been something to see.
Auto-Correct has failed you, my friend.
View Quote
Ya it was an eye opening experience for me since I always thought this kind of stuff was a joke, until it happened to me. Thanks for the heads up on the spelling. I do more of my post here via phone
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:13:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: missme] [#19]
During my divorce I moved into a nice condo in Las Vegas, I was there for about 6 months to get back on my feet. It was a really nice place, very upscale and I used it also as an office during the first phase of starting my business. Link to Condo's

I was sitting in my home movie theater about a year ago, fully extended and relaxed on the lazy boy. I had a projector that wass ceiling mounted, and created about a 35 foot screen. I was half way into a show and paused it to take a work call at about 10:30pm at night, and i'm sitting and not paying any attention of what is on the screen. I have my laptop out on my lap, pulling up some cost projections and take a glance up because the room grew dark. I saw the shadow of a figure blocking out the projection, standing less than 2 feet behind where I was sitting. I nearly shit myself, jumped out of my lazy boy and did a full 180 to see nothing.

About 3-4 days after this happened, I was dead asleep upstairs and I hear a woman screaming in my ear "wake up you motherfucker!!!!!" super loud. I jumped out of bed and scanned the room, checked the house and found nothing. I said a prayer and saged each room. Less than an hour after I was finished, I started hearing what sounded like pounding on the second story balcony sliding glass door, followed up with screaming "Let me in!!" I went up stairs to see the glass of the sliding glass door oscillating back and forth with the impact of solid heavy blows. At the same time I had security ring my door bell so I ran down stairs and let them in, I guess a neighbor had called about suspected domestic dispute or argument because of all the noise. I let them come in look around, I told him I heard it too but didn't go into any detail. I moved out 2 months later.
View Quote
Holy moly!

That would have done it for me! I cannot believe you moved out "two months later," I think I would have been gone pretty much by the next day.

edited to actually use the bug-eyed terrified (or shocked) smiley, since that would be indeed my expression if I saw that!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By missme:

Holy moly!

That would have done it for me! I cannot believe you moved out "two months later," I think I would have been gone pretty much by the next day.

edited to actually use the bug-eyed terrified (or shocked) smiley, since that would be indeed my expression if I saw that!
View Quote
It was a crazy life event, changed my perspective on lots of things and I started becoming more spiritually grounded since then. I tried to move out the next day but only had a few months left on the lease which I didn't want to break. I ended up staying with a girl friend after that happened but was still stuck using the haunted place as an office until lease ended.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Didn't know they did that
View Quote
Apparently, it's called an "observation leap" where they bounce up onto their hind legs and briefly hold there to get a better look at something interesting.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Apparently, it's called an "observation leap" where they bounce up onto their hind legs and briefly hold there to get a better look at something interesting.
View Quote
My dog does the same thing sometimes, it's funny as hell when he starts to fall over.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:58:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

Back in 1982 our family had planned a vacation to Singapore. I'd been eagerly anticipating the trip for months. Part of the plan was a day trip to Sentosa island.

Snip...
View Quote
I shared this before but deleted it, but the cable car story is familiar so I thought I’d share it again. When I was in third grade in the early nineties I had a dream of a thunderstorm/ tornado filled evening.

When the dream started my (twin) brother and I were in a large open walled building, which was not truly a concept I could have really imagined at that point. Picture a structure large enough to seat 3,000 with only one wall and a stage, for a concert etc. Anywho, while we were in this building I remember the wind and rain really picking up and a sense of fear about the surrounding events.

Whatever the concert was supposed to be was quickly cancelled and tornado sirens started going off locally. Growing up in Oklahoma sirens are either a sign of lunchtime or the crap hitting the fan as a third grader. We were dismissed from the large one walled structure into a torrent of rain and I distinctly remember an image that looked a lot like hail falling but I don’t recall getting hit.

We began to run from the tabernacle across a short field in the dark. There were street lights etc lighting the way but with all of the rain and general chaos it was hard to see. As we ran there was a bridge over a small creek that I couldn’t see but I could hear rushing ahead. Well, my brother who was on my right made it onto the bridge but I missed, running headlong into the rushing creek and soaking myself to the core.

I managed to make it safely onto the other side of the river-creek and we began a long climb up what felt like an unending mountain. From there I went directly to a building and we took shelter from the storm/ tornados. I can remember this dream fairly well even 20+ years later, though it assuredly has become harder to remember many of the details.

Anywho, about a month later my brother and I along with about a hundred other kids between 3rd and 6th grade went to a popular Baptist summer church camp in Oklahoma (I’m still a believer FTR) for the first time. This was our first trip away from home without at least one of our parents, and neither of us had ever been to this location before.

When we got to the camp I just remember being a kid and I hadn’t really thought about the dream at all since the night I had had it, because at that point I had no reason to. We were planned to be there five nights, and on the third night we were all hanging around tossing some nerf footballs etc. One of them got stuck in a tree because, well, we were throwing it through the tree . We threw a rock up to knock the nerf down and the rock got stuck too. After about 10 more minutes the rock fell and hit me in the head.

I got pulled out of the evening service because of that rock. Well, before everyone left for the service I remember talking to my brother and our new friend Patrick that we met for the first time at this camp. My brother bet him that there would be tornados that night, because even at that age we could tell when the weather was turning bad.

Well, they went to service and I got to have a lady document the “injury” and we were going to try and get to the service late. Before we went to the service though she wanted to call my parents and inform them of what happened and let me talk to them. For some reason though, the cabin that we were staying at didn’t have an outgoing line for the phone so she drove me over to some pay phones and called them.

The wind was really picking up and you could tell at this point that a thunderstorm was upon us but we just hadn’t had the rain yet. Green/ Grey clouds were quickly rolling in and as we were on the phone it started to spit rain. I hung up pretty quickly after telling my parents I was okay and I remember very distinctly an odd sensation that rain through me. I saw what looked like hail falling just feet away from me, but I wasn’t getting hit or anything.

I knew at that point something was up, and for the first time in a month I remembered what I had seen in my dream – that there was something like hail but it wouldn’t hit me. Turns out after a few more moments it wasn’t hail at all, but a popcorn machine had overturned because of the wind at it was blowing all around us. At this point I told the counselor we needed to get back to the cabin and that it was about to get really bad. She agreed with me – a third grader – that the weather had taken a turn for the worse.

We drove back to our cabin – which was at the top of the largest hill on the campus (unending mountain) and got inside just as the rain became a torrent. She let me go to the lobby and I laid down on a bench.

About 10 minutes later the cabin began filling with kids that were soaking wet, one in particularly drenched was Patrick. I asked him what happened but I knew in my gut what he was going to tell me. It was at that point that I recalled that between the tabernacle, which had 3 open sides there was a creek, and a bridge over the creek led right to the road leading up the hill a quarter mile to our cabin.

Patrick went on to confirm this, and he told me my dream, perfectly. My brother stood slackjawed next to him, but we never told Patrick why it shocked us so much that he had run through the creek and missed the bridge etc.

I asked my brother after we got home from camp if it was true, and he swears to this day that it was. For the record, there were tornados that night, but none hit the camp. I have had several dreams since that would come true in once sense or another (to me or a friend) and I also have an uncanny ability of déjà vu where I actually seem to have the memory and I can complete a scene that I am in before it happens. I’m a reformed Baptist (Calvinist) and I don’t believe in prophecy per se. But what I’ve experienced has fascinated me for years. I hope it wasn’t too long winded, but I know that isn’t true.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#25]
Yesterday morning around 10:00 a.m. I was sitting in my office, reviewing documents and highlighting important clauses and details with my yellow sharpie hilighter. As I completed highlighting a particular clause, I attempted to snap the lid of the marker back on it; however, I was unsuccessful and my fumbling with it caused the lid to pop off the marker and shoot across the room and land on the floor. I was making progress with my work, so I thought to myself that I'd get the lid later, when I was ready for a break. About ten minutes later I took my eyes off the document I was reviewing and they wondered to my desk. Sitting directly in front of me was the lid to my highlighter. I sat there about 30 seconds just staring at it, attempting to rationalize how it got there. I then got up and walked to where the lid had landed. It was nowhere to be found. It wasn't on the floor or under furniture. 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Yesterday morning around 10:00 a.m. I was sitting in my office, reviewing documents and highlighting important clauses and details with my yellow sharpie hilighter. As I completed highlighting a particular clause, I attempted to snap the lid of the marker back on it; however, I was unsuccessful and my fumbling with it caused the lid to pop off the marker and shoot across the room and land on the floor. I was making progress with my work, so I thought to myself that I'd get the lid later, when I was ready for a break. About ten minutes later I took my eyes off the document I was reviewing and they wondered to my desk. Sitting directly in front of me was the lid to my highlighter. I sat there about 30 seconds just staring at it, attempting to rationalize how it got there. I then got up and walked to where the lid had landed. It was nowhere to be found. It wasn't on the floor or under furniture. 
View Quote
That's because it was on your desk.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#27]
As background, my fiancee and I explore and document abandoned mines in our spare time. It's part urbex, part historical preservation, and part spelunking. Yes, it can be dangerous. No, I don't mind. We frequently encounter some weird stuff, whether human or otherwise.

Two weeks ago, we drove out to Kentucky and southern Illinois to document a bunch of old fluorspar mines. We'd coordinated access in advance. An hour or so before sundown on the first day, we drove to the Eagle-Babb mine and mill complex in Crittenden County. This one is owned by a mining company with a couple of aggregate and fluorspar mines on both sides of the Ohio; we got permission to walk right onto the site. They've been having issues with copper thieves and scrappers stealing wire and metal from the mine, which closed in 1979. The company sends a guy to the site on a regular basis to keep tabs on things and deter thieves.

Well, we got permission, but not a key to the gate. I parked my truck at the gate, and we walked the remaining mile or so in to the mine. The road in was really exposed on the northeast side, with thick woods opposite. We could see a klick of pasture easily, and it made me uncomfortable- I'm used to shut-in sites in the Ozarks where you can't see ten meters in the summer because of the undergrowth. There were several dilapidated trailer homes on the southwest corner of the mine, that I did NOT remember being there on my site recon by satellite imagery. I mentally figured my holdover based on the range, and decided I'd hold near the top of the door frame of the trailer if some methed-up yokel started taking potshots at us. I had a C7/A1 slung over my shoulder the entire time, because stupidity happens when you're out in the boonies near abandoned buildings, and my fiancee was packing a pump shotgun.

Turns out the trailers were being used as offices for the mine, and were visible on satellite. My site recon just sucked

We get onto the mine, and start shooting video and taking photos. This site is enormous and totally intact- all the equipment is in varying condition, but much of it could be started up with relatively little difficulty because it's in buildings and protected from the elements. Most mines in Missouri get stripped for scrap shortly after closure, so this mine and the district as a whole was very special. Everything is still there- crushers, screens, hoists, pumps, mills, DWP plant, thickeners, all of it. We work through the plant and mill in approximate order, to illustrate the flow of material for the video.

This mine has an odd feeling to it, and not a good one. Things get pissy when they're abandoned for forty years because of Chinese product flooding the market and undercutting domestic production. This was not a happy place, and it was evident the whole time we were there. As with any collection of old corrugated metal buildings in a breeze, stuff made noise. Clattering, creaking, tapping, and banging is normal given the circumstances.

Well, on the northwest side of the mill, we somehow get separated. This is unusual; we stick together due to the inherent risk of doing this stuff. I was taking a look at the ore bins, and she went inside the mill to get a look at the ball mill and flotation cells. Apparently, she thought she heard me calling from the third floor of the DWP plant (Dyna Whirlpool, centrifugal heavy-media process that accounts for 90%+ of fluorspar recovery) and headed that way to find me. Meanwhile, I was standing on the other side of the mill, wondering where the hell she'd gotten off to. After several minutes, I start calling her name, fairly loudly. She was calling for me as well, eight or ten times apparently. Neither of us could hear the other, despite yelling fairly loudly. Finally, she heard me, and we met up inside the mill.

Why there were voices coming from the DWP plant, I have no idea. How whatever it was imitated my voice, I don't know. It still bugs the hell out of me. We checked out the interior of that building a bit later. It was pitch black; we both felt like we were being watched inside there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SouthernPhantom:
As background, my fiancee and I explore and document abandoned mines in our spare time. It's part urbex, part historical preservation, and part spelunking. Yes, it can be dangerous. No, I don't mind. We frequently encounter some weird stuff, whether human or otherwise.

snip
View Quote
Great story!  Any chance we can see some of the pictures or video?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:54:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waltherpp] [#29]
Friday night bump, (in the dark)

For those that don't believe start with page one and draw your own conclusions .

A few of my story's are intermingled somewhere around page 90. After 50 plus years of my life here I've had things I've experienced I can't explain away, and trust me when you're young alone you try to feel at ease.

**** : Two thing I did read here is if all else fails to solve the problem is start whacking-off with lust or kill it with fire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#30]
There is an app I saw on YouTube called "Hooked" with great stories mostly for free.

You read stories in the form of texts between people. You get about half the story, then have to wait forty minutes for the rest unless you pay.

But some of them are worth the wait.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:48:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#31]
I was thinking "he fell in a sinkhole" but according to the video, no evidence of a hole was found after a diligent search.

Kinda creepy.

This guy has a cool channel.

True Creepy Case File - Mrs Williamson's Nightmare Fuel Secret - 1854
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#32]
if they told you that they later found the victim in a sink hole it wouldn't be nearly as spooky a story
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#33]
if they told you that they later found the victim in a sink hole it wouldn't be nearly as spooky a story
View Quote
Oh, listen to Mister Smarty Pants.

Just because you have FIVE icons doesn't make you an expert on everything.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Free bump.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
False. 

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

False. 

Come back when you have the NATO star under your avatar too.  Just ignore the stickers I put under mine so it looks pretty. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

View Quote
While admittedly not an expert on everything, I am demonstrably proficient at collecting icons. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:00:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:44:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#39]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Well, this is starting to creep me out:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1992227_4th-dimension-thread-from-the-other-day---.html
View Quote
That's fucky. None of the links to videos even work.

ETA: Or any of the "view quote" buttons.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Great thread!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BKDinTexas:
View Quote
I'll take you up there...
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:57:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yetti78] [#42]
Originally Posted By gwitness:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gwitness:
Originally Posted By BKDinTexas:
Interesting. This story of bipedal wolves is somewhat similar to the story from way earlier in this thread (I think) of the two dudes who were in WA, pulled over at a parking lot on the side of the road and got surrounded by ghastly wolf like creatures. These stories seriously pique my curiosity. Any local yokel WA Arfcommers on here who can shed some more light on these types of stories? Might need to meet you two out there for a trip.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Bump.

Thanks to everyone for the input to this thread. I have really enjoyed reading it over the months. 

FBHO
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#44]
bump to keep it alive...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Pitz:
bump to keep it alive...
View Quote
Yes, the creepy must creep....(read in Boris Karloff's voice)
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#46]
resurrection.

Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:54:37 AM EDT
[#47]
A while back, we were checking out an underground limestone/cement mine around Osage Beach. We went in fairly late at night, since it was in a suburban built-up area and I dislike attention. Being an underground operation, going in at night doesn't impact much because it gets dark once you're a couple hundred yards underground.

We shimmied in through where the sheet metal across one of the portals had peeled back, and started going through the mine. The portion we explored, which I believe to have been roughly 70% of the mine, was about three hundred yards in width by 100-150 deep- not very large by the standards of Missouri limestone mines (especially the insanity that is Kansas City underground mining). Some nasty geomechanical conditions on the east side made sure that we didn't see everything. Refrigerator-sized boulders that had clearly fallen from the back, mangled and forcefully-ejected rock bolts, pillars disintegrating once their clay content got wet...it was not a safe mine in the eastern portion. I figure we were underground for maybe an hour and a half, then shimmied back out the way we came.

The mine went underground via the northern wall of an open-pit mine, which was accessed via a ramp on the pit's southeast rim. The ramp was fairly steep, and took a bit of effort to climb. It passed an apartment complex, with lots of lights on. Fuck.

I don't like lights, not when I'm someplace I shouldn't be, especially not in the dead of night.

There was a guy out on his porch smoking; we probably walked within twenty-five yards of him without him noticing. Odd; I guess that two people in Carhartt and hard hats near a mine that closed in 1984 didn't faze him. Either that, or he just didn't see us, which I find very hard to believe. That bit always bothered me a little bit, but it's not the weird part.

Up near the top of the ramp, next to the ready-mix plant the mine used to serve, I saw a deer cross my path without making a lick of noise. Quieter than I'd expect one to be when crossing a paved road, but not inexplicable.

Well, once we were back in the truck and headed home, my fiancee asked if I'd seen the human figure walk in front of me on the way up the ramp.

Did I see the what?!?!

She'd seen the deer as well. Apparently, that wasn't all that crossed our path coming out of that mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I posted my creepy story back in 2013, and am finally getting back around to reading this whole thread. I am up to page 75 now. I was telling my wife about this thread, and she wants to read some of the better stories. Does anyone have a list of the more memorable stories from this thread so I can get her started?

No free-loading. Here's a story from work. I am a police sergeant in a small town in the Shenandoah Valley of VA. Lot's of Civil War battles throughout my AO. This particular story come from my lieutenant.

LT is a salty old road-dog who got into LE later in life and has been doing it for a minute. He is one of those old guys that has done everything, seen everything, and is the kind you want with you when things go south.

Now on the north-end of our town is a small battlefield that features a museum related to a much larger battle a mile outside of town. I'd say the battlefield is about 10 acres and is bordered by an old abandoned rock quarry that is several hundred acres, and some vacant land that was supposed to be developed years ago. On the battlefield property is a walking path, a museum, and abandoned cabin, and another cabin/apartment that is sometimes rented out.

LT tells me a story that happened years ago when he was on night shift. They used to leave the gate to the battlefield open at night, and officers were expected to patrol it. He was driving through late on night and sees a figure standing under a tree near the museum.

He throws the spotlight on the figure and sees that it is wearing a broad-brimmed hat (he called it a "John Wayne-looking hat"), an overcoat, and knee-high boots. He said it was leaning sorta nonchalantly against the tree. He said the whole thing looked like a shadow or a silhouette (black and featureless) except for the boots, which looked like a normal pair of boots. He thought this odd, as one wouldn't expext to see a shadow directly in the beam of a spot-light.

Old LT glanced away for a fraction of a second to grab the radio mic to call in a suspicious person, and when he glanced up, the figure was gone. There was nowhere for a person to run to in that short of time, without him seeing it.

Although they only recently started locking the gate, that is the one place that the LT would never patrol by himself again.

FWIW I've been through there hundreds of time on foot and in a vehicle, and have never seen anything except for a couple black bears, deer, and vagrants. It is a spooky place after dark though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I've got several stories but this is the quickest...I grew up in a old farm house. The foundation concrete said 1920...I always hated that house. Always had a horrible feeling of being watched. Always heard noises when I was a lone. Just felt a really "unhappiness" or darkness in that house. Hell, my step dad almost died in that house. Twice.

Well fast-forward to when I was like 23, I end up dating a girl from my old school. She starts telling me she used to live in a apartment that was haunted and she even had some ghost hunters come out and they caught a few things on camera.

She tells me that they discovered all the negative energy in her apartment was coming from the big farm house next door.

It was my old fucking house that she lived next door too. I lived there as a kid, she lived there as a adult.

She had no way of knowing I lived there once before.

All of those areas like the streets, or the schools All had Indian names. Like Fort Osage, or all kinds of shit I have since forgot. I guess that had something to do with where my house was built. Something about Native Americans.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Angel_King:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/034/999/1de.gif
I gold mine all around Index.  I've seen some shit out there and there are areas I wont go back to.  Between the animals and the strange people that live out there.....I'm always packing.  But I've never gone up NF-6310.  Looks like I need to check it out now.

Because I am getting into areas that 99.9999999% of people will never see, I run into shit that makes no sense as to why its there sometimes.  On one occasion I found some stuff that I had to drive back to where I could get cell service to get a Deputy to follow me back in.  

And the Giford Pinchot National Forest between St. Helens and Mt. Adams......never going back there again......ever.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top