BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2ndamendmentknights:
Here are some brief stories about my time in a Nursing home on night shift.

I had a patient that kept ringing her call bell asking us to get the little boy out of the room.  I was new and this was on a subacute rehab floor, so no dimentia patients really.  I told her there was no one here let alone a boy but she swore that he was jumping on the bed.  I told the other nurse that she keeps a boy is in her room and she stated "get used to it.  They ring all the time complaining about a boy."  Sure enough, more patients did over time ring and complain about a boy in their room.

I did have a patient with functional dementia on a long term unit that would call out nonstop on occasion (two specifically) saying "they're coming.  They're almost here.  They're coming.  I see 'em."  This would go on for days.  When you'd ask who was coming she's always say the Angels.  When you'd ask why she'd give you a name of a patient on the floor.  Sure enough that person would die.

We had a belligerent patient with dementia that would be verbally abusive and noncompliant with her care.  She'd pace all over the unit and you just steered clear of her.  One day she was saying her mother was coming and she said it over and over.  Finally, her behaviors were escalating to the point where she was on the verge of getting her MEDS for behavior.  She was along towards the supervisor and I was her face turned into a state that reflected pure shock.  Just to see the turn in her expression still gives me the chills.  She said "he's here with my mother.  Okay momma okay.  I will be good.  Okay.  I love you momma.  Goodbye" she turned to us and asked "did you see them?  Jesus brought my mom here and they said I had to be better."  She was never a problem again.

On the same unit as the above story I had a patient ring.  I entered the room and she was telling no one that they really needed to leave as it was last visiting hours.  She saw me come in and said "will you get this man out of here.  I don't think it's appropriate for him to be here and he won't stop talking."  I asked what he was talking about and she said "you."  I pretty much shit my pants.  Later in that same room with a new patient I walked into the bathroom to empty a commode and the temperature dropped unaturally.  I ran out of that room faster than lightening.

I share some more later.

ETA:  grammar errors due to fat fingers and small phone with autocorrect
View Quote

I've had similar experiences at the hospital so I totally believe what you're saying. One day I'll share in this thread.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

So that's his shtick?

Does something creepy happen in all his videos?
View Quote

Watched a bunch of them.  Nope mostly just him huffing and puffing through old neat mines.

One with the glacier in it was pretty neat.  It had melted enough to reach the lower levels for the first time in ages.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
This happened about 13 years ago, and I have debated adding this for awhile.

I cannot remember the exact month, just that it was cold, and living in SE Tennessee means it was probably January/February.  I did not live with my parents any longer, but I also did not have cable at my duplex and my girlfriend at the time wanted to watch TV, so we made the short trip over to my folks house.  Little background on the EX GF, she was 100% Dominican, born and raised there till the age of 5, and if you have ever seen Dominican women, they are gorgeous.  She was bat shit crazy, and later I found out she had a bit of a cocaine issue, but as long as she was still putting out, i was willing to deal with it for awhile.

I was originally born in a smaller town in Western PA about an hour east of Pittsburgh, but we moved to TN when I was about five years old.  We had a rental house first, then moved into this house around 1988, where my folks still live.  It wasn't an old house, built in the late 70s, maybe one owner prior to us, and was in a nice middle class neighborhood full of kids, nothing really out of the ordinary.  Over the years there would be a few weird things, water running in the sinks late at night, creaking floors, all things my dad would write off as the house settling, but what happened many years later I still cannot explain.

So the GF and I are in my parents basement watching TV.  The basement is half underground, but there are French Doors to the underneath porch and then a hallway that leads to the garage.  My folks come downstairs and tell us they are heading out to the store, my dad reminds me that it's really cold outside, so if I leave through the garage to remember to close the door back so the dog doesn't get cold.  My dog was a gorgeous German Shepherd named Reverend, he weighed an impressive 125 pounds and was very protective, but also very sweet.  Anyway, my folks head out and we stay downstairs and continue watching TV, about an hour passes and I can swear I just heard the sliding glass door that leads from their dining room out to an enclosed back porch.  I write it off as just hearing things until I hear it again a few minutes later, and this time my GF hears it as well.  We decide that it may be best to investigate, as there is a door from outside to the back porch, and if this is left unlocked, someone could come right into the house.  

Right as we are about to head upstairs, I realize my gun is sitting on the counter in the kitchen where I left it when I came inside, very disappointed in myself at this point, as now I am unarmed besides the pocket knife I carry, but, we forge ahead anyway.  We slowly creep to the top of the stairs, doing our very best to stay as quite as possible.  The door from the basement to the hallway upstairs has a tendency to stick from time to time and you have to pick up on the handle while you turn the knob to get it to open without a shit ton of noise, so this is exactly what I start to do.  I get the knob turned and lifted and start to push the door in, i get it about half an inch open and all of a sudden the door slams back closed on me, like something just pushed as hard as it could to shut the door.  Well, it only took us about .0001 seconds to get our asses down those stairs and back into the basement.  We both look at each other and are white as ghosts, she knew I didn't pull it shut because she saw me leaning forward with the door, I sure as hell know I did not pull the door closed.  I know for a fact it wasn't my parents playing a prank, they are just not those type of people and my dad knows I would not hesitate to put a few rounds through the door if I really believed someone was on the other side of that door that shouldn't have been.

We stand downstairs silent for about five minutes, then all of a sudden Reverend starts to go nuts, he's staring at the backdoor to the garage and barking and growling louder than I have ever heard him, I can see him from the hallway and he refuses to move forward towards the door, just continues to bark.  About 15-20 minutes pass and my folks come home, before I can say a word my dad is kinda pissed and tells me that he reminded me to shut the back door if I went out it, but I had left it open.  At this point my hair raises on the back of my neck, we never even went into the garage, let alone out the back door.  So I start telling him what happened, we go upstairs and check the whole house, it's clear, also all the doors leading outside are still locked, and they only lock from the inside.  

I never did figure out what the hell happened.  I go over the scenario in my head quite often still, kind of thankful i did not have my gun on me at the time, because there is a good chance I would have shot through the door out of pure surprise and fear, then I would have had to explain why I shot holes into my parents door and walls.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Pretty sure the mine guy was playing something on his cell phone, and had someone else with him to move those chains. If any of it were real, I think his reaction would be much different. 
View Quote

There was an edit in the video before he turned around, he could have swung the chains himself for dramatic effect.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango7] [#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:07:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#7]
Originally Posted By chrisb9381:
I love this thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
taged
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tango7:
The wife has been much more into the "mystic trystic voodoo" stuff. While not as much of a believer. I think there's stuff out there that we can't explain, and I'm not going to try here.

First story. I contracted bronchitis in 8th grade, and the folks were advised to get me out of the house while they cleaned it. As a result, for a semester I attended the Northwestern Military and Naval Academy in Lake Geneva WI - the same one that was used as Damien's school in Exorcist 2.

I caught a bug and wound up in the infirmary for a few days. I was the only patient in the three bed room. I had taken cough syrup and was sleeping with the lights out. When I woke up in the middle of the night to take a leak the light in the bathroom was on. I did my business then returned to bed. The next morning the nurse entered  to check on me and asked how I was. I replied "Not much different than when you checked on me in the middle of the night".

She asked "What are you talking about?"

I replied "I assumed you checked on me last night when you left the bathroom light on".

She looked at me quizzically and replied "I didn't go into the infirmary last night, nor did anyone else".

Many years later I was living in the house my dad had provided the down payment for after being diagnosed with terminal cancer and had "supervised" me while fixing it up when I got married. Sadly, he passed several years before I met my wife.

Several months after our daughter was born we moved her from our room to hers and got one of those remote kid monitor, light and music stations that could be activated by remote control from our room.

About 0100 or so my wife and I are asleep in our room, our daughter sleeping quietly in the adjacent room being used for her nursery. All of a sudden the music and lights start in the baby's room. Thinking it was a cat, I woke up and looked in, only seeing her Siamese laying in her crib guarding her feet (as a good 'meeser will do). I turned off the music and went back to our room. Our remote monitor/control was still in the same spot on HH6's nightstand, unaffected by feline interference.

A few minutes later the music starts up again. I wander in, see no cats (other than the aforementioned guardian Siamese) and as I'm resetting the music box quietly say "C'mon, Dad, you're going to wake up the baby".

The scenario never repeated itself. I almost wonder if he had been trying to say hi in the only way that wouldn't freak his granddaughter out.

I mentioned this in the "Where is the creepiest place you've ever been?" thread a few years ago (2008).

The wife and I were looking at a house. There was one that was waay overpriced, as it needed a bunch of work. It was a big single family that had been split into two units in the 60's, and had been vacant for some time.

Cheesy carpet, bad chrome appliances - the works. Add that to cracks in the wall and needing lots of remodeling and a roof and it wasn't gonna happen.

Stepping inside, the house just felt unsettled.

As we were walking around, it just felt odd. The best way I can describe it is when you're a kid sneaking into somewhere you're not supposed to go. As we toured the 1st floor, I got the distinct mental image in one of the rooms of a little girl (8-10) reading a schoolbook.

The wife says while she was walking through the area she caught a "corner of the eye" glimpse of a little girl reading a book.

(Now mind you, we didn't compare notes until we were in the car later)

After we looked at the basement - which was cluttered with a broken bar and furniture we headed back upstairs.

At this point the wife starts acting weird. She came close, and whispered to me that we were done.

I asked her if she was getting a vibe as well.

She told me she saw an older black man standing about 8 feet away in the living room who was very large (6'4" +) and very upset that strangers were wandering through his house.

By this time, when the the realtor asked if we wanted to see the upstairs, we told him we weren't interested.

As we were walking back out the front door, I stopped by a door that was under the stairs leading to the 2nd floor - the usual spot for a closet.

For some reason, I asked "what's in there?"

The realtor said "I dunno - let's see" and opened the door.

It was a closet - maybe 4' by 3', that occupied the underside of the stairs.

The difference was someone had lined the inside walls and floor with multiple layers of blue moving blankets and removed the handle from the inside.

The realtor kind of stepped back and said "mmmkay" and closed the door.

As we were leaving, the wife and I glanced back at the house. She said later she see the old man staring out the front windows at us, mad as hell. I could swear that I caught a glimpse of the top of a little girl's head disappearing in the attic window - like when a child ducks down while playing hide and seek.

She said the old man was wearing overalls, balding with a gray ring of hair.
View Quote

Damien?  You mean "Omen 2" and not "Exorcist 2" right?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HootieWho:
I have always been skeptical of many of the types of stories posted here. Then something happened to me. Going on 3 years ago this December my youngest Brother shot and killed himself in my Grandfathers home. Both Grandparents had passed. My Grandfather actually passed of natural causes in the bedroom that my Brother shot himself in. When my Brother died, I kinda took it on myself to clean up the mess so other family members didn't have to see or experience that. If you are LE/Fire/EMS and have worked a case like this you know what I mean. I had got the bulk of it done within 24hrs of the event, but had to go back a couple days later to get some stuff of his for my Dad.

To enter this bedroom, you have to walk through a vanity/wash room area. It is kind of a T; one leg goes to a bathroom about 10 ft away and the the other into that bedroom. So you have to walk by a double sink counter to get into the bedroom which is in plain view of the toilet. I had to piss andmy wife was in the upstairs bathroom in the other end of the house. There was an Aquafina water bottle on the sink counter a few feet away with just a little bit of water left in it. It was my Brothers. I hadn't really paid much attention to it prior. My wife had yelled at me asking a question about something and I turned my head looking past the sink area to hear her better when all of a sudden that water bottle flew off the counter across the floor into the bedroom my Brother shot himself in. Now when I say flew, I mean it was launched like I walked up and smacked it full force off the counter with my hand. I saw this happen. The issue was for someone to smack it in that direction the blow would have come from the mirrow/wall.

It freaked me the fuck out. My wife heard the bottle being smacked and flying across the floor. She came running down stairs to see if I had fallen and ran into me getting the fuck out of that room. That house has sat vacant since. I will not go back there unless someone else is there and even then I get chills/anxiety as soon as I get out of the truck. I pretty much will not go back in the house. We have had 2-3 incidents since where the neighbor there will call my Dad letting him know a light is on in the house and no one had been there in weeks. Only 3 people have keys/access and none of us left the lights on.

I would not use the death of my Brother as a means for an amusing ghost story. That shit really happened. I saw it with my own eyes and I will not go back in that room. I've always been one to call bs on these type stories, but that day changed how I view a lot of things.
View Quote

Sorry about your brother. May he rest in peace
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:41:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Bump for more creepy stories!
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 4:02:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blu3Ridge:
Okay, I'll go because I just had a super creepy thing happen to me and my wife tonight.  I am military and currently away on a TDY out of state.  Every few days I will FaceTime with my wife over my iPhone to her iPad at home.  Tonight, our 1 year old daughter who was born 2 months premature (so developmentally she's an 8 month old), saw me on the iPad while my wife was holding her and she became enamored with me after seeing my face on the screen.  Joy I have never seen before in her eyes and behavior, it was as if she was a whole new child.  And she is generally a very happy baby, but this was like beyond happy.  So in the mists of this, she looked at me right in the screen and said in plain clear as day English "Hi Daddy, I love you".

My wife grabs the iPad, and asks me if I heard that and said "I think she just said "Hi daddy I love you".  I told her I heard the same.  Our daughter has no concept of language yet, she can only make incomprehensible sounds and cry as she's developmentally 8 months still, she can't even crawl.

We're both creeped out.  I was like something came over her and she spoke in tongues as the bible says.
View Quote

Very few people believe us except family and friends who were around then but our daughter was saying hi Momma at 4 months, by 8 months she could say i love you,hi mommy,daddy, whose there and whose that when someone would knock on the door and come in.
I think she was 10 or 11months old or so when we had to take her to the er one night when she hurt her arm, it was late and she was tired so she was just kind of uhhing or grunting with her little quiet sobs as the doctor was looking her over. He looks at us and says she will probably be saying words any time now,
The doctor is manipulating her arm as hes talking and just after he said that she looks up at him and says Ow you hurt me. Docs like Ok, I guess we are past our first word.
Nurse maids elbow is what happened to her arm, no breaks thankfully and when they rotated it for an x-ray it popped back in place and she instantly was perfectly fine and happy again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By OTTOSEAR:
I am involved with our local community theatre. Our theatre is a former Malthouse on the banks of the Fox River in Burlington Wi.

It predates the Civil War and was used as a safe house for the Underground Railroad.
There are brick lined tunnels that are said to have been a secret entry to the Fox River. 3 levels down.

As well as a supposed resting place for a construction foreman who couldn't keep his mouth shut in the 20's.
Al Capone was in charge of the unions in Chicago.
He had lots of tunnels built to ferry mob people in and out of area buildings. As I have been told.

Anyway I will explain what I have seen.

In 2013 the Summer show was "Kiss me Kate" We have an auction to benefit the theater.

I was in the lobby arranging some items, for the auction.
A portrait of Jenny Lind the 1800's opera singer was on the podium. No wind or anyone near the easel. It just slowly tilted forwards. and softly fell to the floor.

Unnaturally.  Slowly, like someone lowered it.

2015, The Summer show was "9 to 5 the Musical". I was playing a Detective
I had bathroom duty's to clean up from the last nights performance..

Some asshole left the cold water on in the men's room. I went to shut it off, but it was tightly closed.
I turned it on, and when I closed it, it stopped.
Even did it a few times to make sure it wouldn't re start.

In the second week of a 3 week run, I was on the stage right, wing. About 40 minutes after call.

One of the leads was a 30 something lady who had about 11 costume changes.
She usually underdressed for her next scene, but as the opening scene was morning, with a nightgown. Anything underneath would show through.

Her white dress for the next scene was hanging on a plastic hanger. It was between me and a young actor on the stage wall.
It came about 6 inches off the wall, and the hanger loudly shattered midair, into about ten pieces.

No wind, or anyone within 5 feet of it.

The theater has a history of 2 particular ghosts.

Esmeralda, a young girl that fell to her death on the basement stairs.

And "The Bishop" a man like figure who looks like an English Vicar.

Essie is playful, she likes to turn lights on and off. Knock things over and make noise.

The Bishop, however is mean. Stage lights have fallen and narrowly missed actors.
Last reported, children who have sassed a young director.

I can only speak, as to what I have personally witnessed.
However.
He has photographed playing a piano. But no one was there.
View Quote

More happenings...

We had a good year, Pump Boys and Dinettes, Avenue Q and One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Cuckoo's Nest started rehearsals in August for the fall show.

I was playing the part of Aide Warren.
About 3 days in, we had an accident, The fella playing "Martini" had a bad fall.
Martini was a nervous war vet who hallucinated.

The actor had to run from stage right to the wing of stage left.
There was a spinet piano in the backstage corner...
He lost his footing, and smashed the top of his head on the piano's corner.

The wound was a horseshoe shaped rip that was dangling from his scalp.
56 staples were needed to close it...
GORY, but thankfully it was still in his hair line.

After he came back to us...
He told us, it felt almost like he had been tripped.

The show was a huge success and the actor is doing very well.

However, It seems like The Bishop's handiwork.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Two weeks ago I was upstairs alone working on the computer. I suddenly smelled a very strong odor of cigarettes. It was so much so that I went downstairs and mentioned it to my wife. She laughed it off and said it was probably the ghost of her long-deceased chain-smoking step father. An hour later my kids come and get me and say "Mommy is on the phone ,and she's crying". I go find my wife. She just got a call from her step mom(both her mother and father remarried). Her father passed away in his sleep a bit earlier in the evening. His nickname was "Old Smoke". Want to guess why?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#16]
Alright, I have a couple of small things to bump the thread with. I have debated whether or not I wanted to post this stuff...

I should preface this with a disclaimer: I don't consider myself to be very spiritual, nor do I buy into the paranormal (although I love this thread and appreciate everyone's accounts). That said, I have no explanation for this. Is it purely coincidental? I don't know that I can believe that.

This summer I got a random text from a friend of mine that I hadn't seen since we were at the academy.  They immediately asked if I was alright and if I had been hurt. They went on to explain that they had a dream that apparently felt incredibly real, in which I was fighting with someone and being choked. In the end, the "someone" won and I was strangled.

I explained that nothing of the sort had happened and I was perfectly fine. We exchanged a couple of unrelated texts- just catching up a bit- and I went on with my day.

Later that afternoon I got a phone call. It was my mother, and she informed me that my brother had passed away. He fell asleep on a couch at a friends house, and never woke up. They discovered his body early that morning. My brother had a long running drug problem and we all were somewhat prepared for this, but it still hit everyone hard.

Because he died in a large metro area with a backlog at the ME's office, it took several weeks for us to get a death certificate with an actual cause of death listed- drug induced respiratory failure.

It took me a while to remember the conversation with my friend, and I still haven't mentioned it to my family. I also haven't told the friend that had the dream about my brother's death.

I typed this out on my phone, so I apologize in advance for any spelling errors. I'll post the other thing when I get to a computer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:09:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Alright, I have a couple of small things to bump the thread with. I have debated whether or not I wanted to post this stuff...

I should preface this with a disclaimer: I don't consider myself to be very spiritual, nor do I buy into the paranormal (although I love this thread and appreciate everyone's accounts). That said, I have no explanation for this. Is it purely coincidental? I don't know that I can believe that.

This summer I got a random text from a friend of mine that I hadn't seen since we were at the academy.  They immediately asked if I was alright and if I had been hurt. They went on to explain that they had a dream that apparently felt incredibly real, in which I was fighting with someone and being choked. In the end, the "someone" won and I was strangled.

I explained that nothing of the sort had happened and I was perfectly fine. We exchanged a couple of unrelated texts- just catching up a bit- and I went on with my day.

Later that afternoon I got a phone call. It was my mother, and she informed me that my brother had passed away. He fell asleep on a couch at a friends house, and never woke up. They discovered his body early that morning. My brother had a long running drug problem and we all were somewhat prepared for this, but it still hit everyone hard.

Because he died in a large metro area with a backlog at the ME's office, it took several weeks for us to get a death certificate with an actual cause of death listed- drug induced respiratory failure.

It took me a while to remember the conversation with my friend, and I still haven't mentioned it to my family. I also haven't told the friend that had the dream about my brother's death.

I typed this out on my phone, so I apologize in advance for any spelling errors. I'll post the other thing when I get to a computer.
View Quote

Damn, condolences on the loss of your brother.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw this thread pop back up. I've never told anyone about my "creepy" story if that's what you would call it but here it goes.

This was about 10 years ago and I was living just South of Seattle and working at SeaTac Airport. I remember it being in the afternoon and I had left the apartment to go to work. The freeway I had to take was backed up as usual but as I came to a complete stop I noticed something up in the sky but not very high above the ground. It was a triangle shape moving very fast. The weird thing is, it looked like it was cloaked like what you would see on star trek or something or how The Predator cloaked him self, It was moving left to right. I even rubbed my eyes thinking it was just some shit you occasionally see in your vision, but sure enough my eyes caught back up with it, no change in shape or speed. After a min or two it went above a hill and I lost it.

This was about 5 miles south of the Boeing Renton Plant where the 737's are built.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:

Very few people believe us except family and friends who were around then but our daughter was saying hi Momma at 4 months, by 8 months she could say i love you,hi mommy,daddy, whose there and whose that when someone would knock on the door and come in.
I think she was 10 or 11months old or so when we had to take her to the er one night when she hurt her arm, it was late and she was tired so she was just kind of uhhing or grunting with her little quiet sobs as the doctor was looking her over. He looks at us and says she will probably be saying words any time now,
The doctor is manipulating her arm as hes talking and just after he said that she looks up at him and says Ow you hurt me. Docs like Ok, I guess we are past our first word.
Nurse maids elbow is what happened to her arm, no breaks thankfully and when they rotated it for an x-ray it popped back in place and she instantly was perfectly fine and happy again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:
Originally Posted By Blu3Ridge:
Okay, I'll go because I just had a super creepy thing happen to me and my wife tonight.  I am military and currently away on a TDY out of state.  Every few days I will FaceTime with my wife over my iPhone to her iPad at home.  Tonight, our 1 year old daughter who was born 2 months premature (so developmentally she's an 8 month old), saw me on the iPad while my wife was holding her and she became enamored with me after seeing my face on the screen.  Joy I have never seen before in her eyes and behavior, it was as if she was a whole new child.  And she is generally a very happy baby, but this was like beyond happy.  So in the mists of this, she looked at me right in the screen and said in plain clear as day English "Hi Daddy, I love you".

My wife grabs the iPad, and asks me if I heard that and said "I think she just said "Hi daddy I love you".  I told her I heard the same.  Our daughter has no concept of language yet, she can only make incomprehensible sounds and cry as she's developmentally 8 months still, she can't even crawl.

We're both creeped out.  I was like something came over her and she spoke in tongues as the bible says.

Dislocation?  I've had about 50 dislocations and every time they're relocated I'm sore for days
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

Dislocation?  I've had about 50 dislocations and every time they're relocated I'm sore for days
View Quote
probably a nursemaids elbow (radial head subluxation)
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wicketsurplus:
Bump for more creepy stories!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone?

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump for more stories
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Search google for the story "Feed the Pig"
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#25]
i need to catch up
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:03:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Back in Boy Scouts right after my little brother joined the troop we had a camping trip coming up to visit the lake out in Colorado City, TX. My dad was planning to come with us, which was pretty exciting since he didn't normally participate when it came to camping trips.

The week before we were going to leave he sat down my brother and myself to tell us that he had a dream about the camping trip. He said that at some point my brother and I were out in the lake swimming, and both of us suddenly started to drown at the same time. He was only able to save one of us in the dream. He would never tell us which one he saved (and still hasn't). Ok... creepy enough.

He then went on to say that his sister living in Kentucky called him earlier that day to tell him about a dream she had the night before. Yup, the exact same dream.

Not sure if that was my dad's way of getting out of the trip, but my brother and I decided we'd just stay home that weekend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Feed_The_Pig

Grotesque, but very good story.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#29]
11-13-17
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By waterglass:
11-13-17
View Quote
Que?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Que?
View All Quotes
11-13-17
Que?
Miss Ethiopia?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420] [#32]
Originally Posted By 6winchester2:
Here ya go, creephounds.

Enjoy this video of a nutcase (purely a term of affection mind you) exploring an abandoned mine in the middle of the night by himself, and in the deepest part of the mine he starts hearing some kind of creepy noises which, had it been me hearing them, would have resulted in red-lining my asshole pucker factor, while I attempted to un-ass the fucking AO at warp factor ten.

Then again, I would never have gone into the damn mine in the first place, but that's just me.

I think this mine is in Australia, despite the fact that the guy sounds American.

The fun begins at 12:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEU6n2eKtg</iframe>
View Quote

Oh fuck I love that dudes videos!

edit: didn't scroll down. Oops.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:16:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 112358] [#33]
Originally Posted By Conju:

View All Quotes

Yeah, damn. A few of the character encounters early on in the story seemed a bit unnecessary, though. Just an excuse to be shocking. But definitely a good story/message.

Edit: Here's the NoSleep entry for it, that creepypasta link gave me aids.

NoSleep - Feed The Pig
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:17:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#34]
Que?
View Quote

Just a date I want to remember.

It was in a spooky dream I had.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#35]

It was in a dream I had.
View All Quotes
Que?

It was in a dream I had.

Go on...
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 112358:

Go on...
View All Quotes
Que?

It was in a dream I had.

Go on...
I don't remember much besides those numbers.

Figured I would put them out there. And then see what happens when that day comes.

This seems like the thread for it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Figured I would put them out there. And then see what happens when that day comes.

View All Quotes
Que?

It was in a dream I had.

Go on...

9 Months...
13 Days...
16 Hours...
36 Minutes...
48 Seconds...

queue Donnie Darko
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#38]

9 Months...
13 Days...
16 Hours...
36 Minutes...
48 Seconds...

queue Donnie Darko
View All Quotes
Que?

It was in a dream I had.

Go on...

9 Months...
13 Days...
16 Hours...
36 Minutes...
48 Seconds...

queue Donnie Darko
I had to look that up.

haha.

I Just don't dream about dates often, and it stuck with me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
Saw this thread pop back up. I've never told anyone about my "creepy" story if that's what you would call it but here it goes.

This was about 10 years ago and I was living just South of Seattle and working at SeaTac Airport. I remember it being in the afternoon and I had left the apartment to go to work. The freeway I had to take was backed up as usual but as I came to a complete stop I noticed something up in the sky but not very high above the ground. It was a triangle shape moving very fast. The weird thing is, it looked like it was cloaked like what you would see on star trek or something or how The Predator cloaked him self, It was moving left to right. I even rubbed my eyes thinking it was just some shit you occasionally see in your vision, but sure enough my eyes caught back up with it, no change in shape or speed. After a min or two it went above a hill and I lost it.

This was about 5 miles south of the Boeing Renton Plant where the 737's are built.
View Quote

Saw something similar in Colorado years ago, late 90's. Brought it up to one of the retired mid level Air Force guys I worked with and without missing a beat he shrugged and smirked and said it was a TR-3B. Plausible, I suppose. Never heard of it until he mentioned it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tyrendeth:

Saw something similar in Colorado years ago, late 90's. Brought it up to one of the retired mid level Air Force guys I worked with and without missing a beat he shrugged and smirked and said it was a TR-3B. Plausible, I suppose. Never heard of it until he mentioned it.
View All Quotes

I was on an unusual .mil training op in a really remote area out near the Utah/Nevada border early 1991.  

I saw a BIG triangular shaped black aircraft doing what looked like aerial refueling. There were 2 F-16 tagging along also. It almost seemed to come out of nowhere and appear behind the refueler then as it was travelling almost out of sight accelerated up
and away at a tremendous speed.

I've gotten a lot of skepticism from people when I told them about seeing it over the years.

I'm no stranger to military aircraft I.D. and at the time was in a unit whose mission is controlling CAS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I had this dream several months back and its bothered ever since for some reason. The scene was a cool, foggy and overcast morning. It was just me and another guy walking along a creek or small river with me in the water and him along the bank. We were part of a clean up team for a near by plane crash. We were picking up small pieces of debris and placing it in a boat I was pulling behind me. We were making small talk as we were making our way down and I don't remember the context of our conversation. I think it was about the crash, possible causes etc. At some point, I bump into something under the water and it moves like it's floating just above the bottom. I reach down and pull it up towards the surface and its a woman from the plane. I make a comment something to the effect of I thought they had all the bodies cleaned up by now since it's been a while since the accident. The man replied back that sometimes it  takes a few days to get the bodies recovered from something like this. He said it took them 3 days to find him. I gave him a confused look and asked him what he meant by that. He said the japs got him at Pearl Harbor and it took the Navy 3 days to pull him out of the water. I tied the boat off and started climbing up the bank. He reached down to give me a hand to help me up. As we locked hands he said by the way my name is ..... As soon as he said the name I woke up in a panicked state and short of breath. I am kicking myself for not writing down his name. I told myself I would remember it in the morning. Well of course I didn't remember it but I seem to remember the last name started with a B, or something burn. Sure enough there are two men listed with the last name Blackburn. I just wish I would have wrote the name down so I knew for sure. Up until now, I have not told anyone about my dream, not even my wife. Reflecting back on it and typing it out just gives me a weird, unsettling feeling.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
I was on an unusual .mil training op in a really remote area out near the Utah/Nevada border early 1991.  

I saw a BIG triangular shaped black aircraft doing what looked like aerial refueling. There were 2 F-16 tagging along also. It almost seemed to come out of nowhere and appear behind the refueler then as it was travelling almost out of sight accelerated up

I've gotten a lot of skepticism from people when I told them about seeing it over the years.

I'm no stranger to military aircraft I.D. and at the time was in a unit whose mission is controlling CAS.
View All Quotes

What I saw was by itself. Silent as a ghost, no noise at all. Couldn't make out the size as I had nothing to correlate it with, it was directly above us driving down the road. We were moving along doing 40ish and it kept pace, much too slow for any aircraft. It was an equilateral triangle with the corners missing. Squared off I guess is the best way to describe it. It had a dome shape in the very middle of it, looked a lot like the little dome on the bottom of a star destroyer from star wars as funny as it is except it was smooth. There were amber yellow lights on the corners that would pulse and it spun counter clockwise rather slowly as it and we moved. It paced us for about a minute after we noticed it before it shot to the south towards the Springs at a ridiculous speed.

No MS paint so here's a shitty post it note rendition.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

You sure it wasn't about WWI?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ohio:

nope I saw 2017.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By darkd0r:

Hate to be picky about a good story, but the North Platte and South Platte meet in Nebraska.

Edit to add:
After some research, it appears that the confluence mentioned in the story is that of the North Fork of the South Platte River with the main stream of the South Platte, the Middle Fork having joined farther south.

Still great stories, freqlord98, and thank you for your service.
View Quote

Way late coming back to the thread  

I actually had to look this up on a map.  I just believed what I had been told, so that's why I went with it Attachment Attached File

Turns out it is the S. and N. Platte that come together.  

Here is actually the window I "believe" they cracked open.
Attachment Attached File

For those wanting a decent day trip, it's about 45 minutes to an hour long drive from Sedalia.  Gorgeous drive and I miss the hell out of it.  
Attachment Attached File

I'll get cracking on another post about Gold Camp Road.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#46]
So we remember my friends T and S from the Alice, CO story.  

S was home from Durango for college and decided to go to school in Denver and just live with his folks.  T is still in Boulder, but they find a break in their studies and come on down to survey the wondrous Ft. Carson and the beautiful living quarters that had been issued to me.  Seeing that it had been a couple months since we saw each other, and I lacking a kitchen.  We three troop off to 8th St. and 24 for some Boriello Brothers.  Halfway decent NY style pizza.  During dinner, I tell them the story of the hawk (from one of my previous posts), and we decide to make a run up there.  
T's brother is actually buried off Highway 24, so we stopped by to pay our respects, and up we go.  We decide against donuts in the truck this time.  No sir, we were going to be "daredevils" and walk into the tunnels.  I had my nifty flashlight (with red lens of course).  We park and waltz into the tunnel I had heard sounds in previously.  We walk all the way into the middle of the tunnel and sit down.  It was a Wednesday night, so what traffic was up there was pretty light.  
I would like to say this is August time frame, I could be wrong, but I know it was fairly warm and even being up that high on the hill, it had to still be in the 70s.  Naturally being inside a cave you expect it to be a wee bit colder.  Being that we were up higher, we did expect some wind as well.

After about 5 minutes, I felt my chest get tight.  My eyes had adjusted pretty well.  It was still dark as hell, but we could see either end of the tunnel and shapes well enough.  From the south end of the tunnel I heard what sounded like footsteps.  All the hair on my neck stood up and towards the south end of the tunnel again, we heard a rock hit the ground in the tunnel.  I look to my right and lo and behold..
The same figure my friend called "The Hawk" standing at the north end of the tunnel, walking in front of the opening.  

I felt S put his hand on my knee and T was tense.  We watched for a moment and finally whatever it was had gone away from the mouth of the tunnel.  We heard another rock fall on the ground, and all three of us got up took off running like a bat out of hell.

That's the majority of the stuff I saw in Colorado.  I'm working on getting some more info from my dad and get them posted in a bit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Dad, like many, got a wonderful letter in the mail back in 1968 giving him congratulations for entering a sweepstakes he didn't want to be in.  So after much though, he enlisted in the Army during Vietnam.  After getting out, he met my mom at Utah State university where she was finishing up nursing school before getting shipped off to Walter Reid hospital.  
So her and dad were living in Blue Ridge, PA I'd like to say.  Dad met a couple of the husbands from the other nurses Mom worked with, and found one guy he really enjoyed spending time with.  While the womenz were at work, they'd hang out they'd build HO scale trains.  Now I know what you're thinking, and I've been assured by my dad that no imitation crab meat was ever involved.

So they're in the living room on a Sunday, womenz at work, watching football, building trains, and hanging with the long hair daucshund named Bojangles.  Dad remembers it was a cowboys game of some kind.  Dad gets up to have a stretch and go grab a pepsi.  Bojangles had been sitting on the couch, looked down the hall, and high-tailed it down to the bedroom under the bed.  Dad peeks his head down the hallway, and sees a grey plume as he describes it.  He says, "Uh... Bill... what is that?"

Bill turns his head and says, "Oh, that's George," in a nonchalant manner.  

Dad goes

Turns out, the apartment complex they were living in was used as a hospital in the Civil War for the Confederates.  George would occasionally "rearrange" all the pots and pans in the cabinets when he wouldn't get acknowledged.  

I'll tap the old man's head and see if I can get some other stories.  I know he had a few others from his time on the east coast.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

B-52 big? (185feet wingspan)
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waterglass] [#49]

What I saw was by itself. Silent as a ghost, no noise at all. Couldn't make out the size as I had nothing to correlate it with, it was directly above us driving down the road. We were moving along doing 40ish and it kept pace, much too slow for any aircraft. It was an equilateral triangle with the corners missing. Squared off I guess is the best way to describe it. It had a dome shape in the very middle of it, looked a lot like the little dome on the bottom of a star destroyer from star wars as funny as it is except it was smooth. There were amber yellow lights on the corners that would pulse and it spun counter clockwise rather slowly as it and we moved. It paced us for about a minute after we noticed it before it shot to the south towards the Springs at a ridiculous speed.

No MS paint so here's a shitty post it note rendition.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/322205/20170131-093205-137356.JPG
View Quote

Sounds like a drone. You put the main engine where the dome is  and directional/stabalizing propulsion jets on the corners, and you got a drone that could do stuff no manned fighter could.

The dome could be an assembly that  directs main thrust, The whole this run by a computer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:19:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kar98k] [#50]

View All Quotes

It reads like a more extreme version of a bible thumping tract.  Trial- failure - crisis of faith - act of contrition - redemption - dedication of life to sin-free proselytizing.  I'm unimpressed.
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top