[#1]
If you had any witnesses they might have charged the driver with a hate crime
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
cocaine's a hellava drug
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why didn't you just let him go, then call Fed Ex and explain what just happened and why you need the package? If you file a complaint against the driver, I'm sure you would get farther than just dealing with the moron directly.

No. FedEx is a huge bureaucracy. If he let that package out of his sight he'd never have seen it again. As it is he may find "charges" filed on him.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
wow, can't say i would have handled it the same way. all these shipping companies are fucking worthless. they hire the laziest, sub human piece of mouth breathing shit ever to exist.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fedex takes customer service very seriousely, I suggest that you write a letter and send it to the mgr of the local hub and send copies up the chain of command, or use email and cc every one in the chain of command that you can find. Be sure to menton the preggers wife and the stressfull pregency and the prior misscarrages and how critical the meds are and be sure to menton the driver calling you an asshole. Get a copy of the police report if there is one.
Good luck

Any company that franchises out driver/owners with such a difficult or no ability to address grievances most certainly is NOT taking customer service seriously.  Those two things are mutually exclusive.  For some people, the threat of being fired instantly is their only motivation to do the job properly.

For the OP's driver, even that motivation wasn't enough.

This makes me very glad I can have all my stuff delivered at work where the front desk people sign for and deal with the idiocy the drivers may bring.

I can tell hours of horror stories about FedEx and their contractors......I'm in a pissing match with them right now. The cool half to three quarter MILLION dollars I spend a year with them get you exactly dick in customer service when there is a problem...
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
wow, can't say i would have handled it the same way. all these shipping companies are fucking worthless. they hire the laziest, sub human piece of mouth breathing shit ever to exist.

If some lazy lying fuck was standing between me and my wife's medicine, climbing into the truck after he had taken the package away from me should be about the least that guy should hope for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#7]
so what holster works well with a blanket? a super tuck?
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just laughing at the fact that you were wearing only a towel during all of this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
so what holster works well with a blanket? a super tuck?

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It should be easy,
Put clothes on...
go to station
ask who responded etc.
Thank them and send booze later

Quote disqualified for having OBAMA in the AVATAR!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Fucking union thugs...............

....oh wait.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
He mad?
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
You left the part out were the cops shoot your dog(s)!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
He doesn't deserve employment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#15]
your racist
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Fucking union thugs...............

....oh wait.

If he was union he'd probably still have been in bed, while his buddy was getting time and a half for covering his route.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY PACKAGE.

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess next time you'll use UPS!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#19]
if it were me. I would order something stupid in excess of 75lbs (whatever their max is). I would have the wife waiting by the door (i would be waiting in the car). When his fat ass lumbered up with the package I would make sure she refuses it....muahahaha. When he finally got his fat ass back in the truck with the heavy package I would have blocked him in with my "broken down car." i would fiddle under the hood for 30 mins or until the cops showed up. Then wow it started working again
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good story.

I gotta wonder about your Doc relying on carriers for JIT delivery of critical medicines to patients, though.

It wasn't a God da-da-damn organ transplant.

The OP and Wife screwed up on:
"Honey, do we want this baby?"

"Well, hell yeah.  What the fuck question is that?"

"Well,Honey, I've just taken the last estrogen this morning."

"WTF, woman?  Didn't you figure three days ago that you were running short of E?"

"I just adore the FEDEX guy's legs in those company uniform shorts!!!"

"WTF, you're out the door tomorrow morning when he's going to show with the next doses and
I'm going to be nekid so I can miss him ringing the door so he can take off with the shit, you silly numerically
disfunctional..."

"I may not be able to functionally figure out what is important in our lives Honey, but I'll show him that my pregnant
dick is larger than yours by getting in the truck so you can get some clothes on after he has been kicking your nekid
ass leg while you were wrapped in our blanket... out in public."

If you & DangerJ think the Doc is fucked up, Christ on a da-da-damn crutch.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Once you signed for it,the package was no longer the property of FedEx.

You should have called the JBT's first and filed theft charges.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

if it were me. I would order something stupid in excess of 75lbs (whatever their max is). I would have the wife waiting by the door (i would be waiting in the car). When his fat ass lumbered up with the package I would make sure she refuses it....muahahaha. When he finally got his fat ass back in the truck with the heavy package I would have blocked him in with my "broken down car." i would fiddle under the hood for 30 mins or until the cops showed up. Then wow it started working again

150 I think

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good story.

I gotta wonder about your Doc relying on carriers for JIT delivery of critical medicines to patients, though.

"WTF, woman?  Didn't you figure three days ago that you were running short of E?"

"WTF, you're out the door tomorrow morning when he's going to show with the next doses and
I'm going to be nekid so I can miss him ringing the door so he can take off with the shit, you silly numerically
disfunctional..."

"I may not be able to functionally figure out what is important in our lives Honey, but I'll show him that my pregnant
dick is larger than yours by getting in the truck so you can get some clothes on after he has been kicking your nekid

She has to adjust the amount she takes depending on her measured levels, so it's not just a "Take one daily thing" and I guess this is where the problem lies. She could have enough for 2 weeks, or enough for 3 days with the same amount.
BTW: Thanks for all the kind words in this thread and well wishes I've received via IM from everyone. There are a lot of good folks here. And according to her HCG levels from her blood test today, it's extremely likely to be twins. (I'm doomed!)

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Watch out he knows your address he may go postal!
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
File a complaint with FedEx.

Have your lawyer notify FedEx and tell them his client, you, reserve the right to seek legal redress if a miscarriage happens.  That will get FedEx's attention.  You, filing a complaint, will not but get buried with a bunch of other customer complaints that come in everyday.

Heaven's forbid, but if your wife miscarriages again in the near time frame, sue the pants off of that company.
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

disfunctional..."

As if this thread didn't offer enough entertainment, it just provided me with the first time I've ever seen someone stutter in type.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#28]
According to my GF who was a FedEx manager, the driver broke company protocol by letting you sign and not giving you the package. Company policy says he should be fired for it. Just remember though, he knows where you live. Take precautions because you already know the guy is unstable and unpredictable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Who else was expecting this picture to be the first post?

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FAIL - No MS-PAINT.

Geeze, do I have to do everything for you guys?

http://i.imgur.com/2w3lO.jpg

I. Can't. Fucking. Breathe.

LOfuckingL

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#32]

I want my box from her:

not from him:

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:17:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Fill out a no sig required release and a lot of the hassle goes away.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

+1
Give them the date and time of the delivery along with the tracking number. Tell them of the drivers actions and required police intervention. Get his POS ass fired.

Doesn't matter if he may have had a bad day to bring the event about - What he did was wrong.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drivers make like 80-100k+. Report his ass, I bet he'll never mess with you again or risk losing a well paying job that basiclly a monkey can do.

Fuck off.

Truth hurts?

You must sit at a desk al day.

And that has what do to with anything?  I've worked manual labor jobs, but I wasn't stupid enough to think that they couldn't train a monkey to do my job, much less mouth off at people who'd already walked in those shoes if not harder ones like I was a special skittle-shitting unicorn and soooo soooo mistreated.  That's why I joined the .mil and got enough experience to where I didn't have to toss 60-70 pound boxes around all day.  Got a problem, or is that intellectual package too difficult to... handle?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#36]
In my not so exciting package delivery on Monday...  I was expecting a stock kit from USPS and a monitor from UPS.

I swear, I have to put a sign on the door that says "I'm HOME, ring the gorram doorbell and I'll come to the door!"  I work nights, and am often home during the days when I'm not working.  I don't sleep all day on days that I'm not working, so I'm up often times when USPS or UPS tries to deliver. Those assholes will NOT ring the fucking doorbell.  I've seen the gorram UPS truck stop in front of my house (I can see the front curb from the upstairs window), and the driver get out with a tag to leave on my door.  

I flew downstairs and opened the door as he was trying to run back to his truck and yelled something like "I'm home, can I have my stinking package?"  He kinda got the 'oh fuck' look then got the package and his doohickey.  I told him he should at least ring the doorbell.  

Anyway, no drawdown, or blading... Just idiocy because most people think everyone is gone all day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 1:48:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fed Ex drivers are fucking lazy-assed P'sOS! For ages the douche-bag on our route wouldn't even come up our driveway (550' from the road w/a big circle to turn around!) and routinely left $1K+ packages in my kids bus-stop shack w/a sticker on it for the world to see!!!  FINALLY he'd enough complaints that he was either fired or had his route changed.

I feel your pain, OP. don't expect just 1 call to do it though. I'd definitely call, but don't expect much.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 2:09:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I wouldn't want the fed ex driver to have it in for me...  I order live fish and corals that fed ex delivers
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 2:50:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sounds like Fed-EX uses union drivers.  

Nope....Fred Smith would shut the doors before he would let it be a Union Shop
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Been a UPS guy for 25 years.....I got lots of stories but a dude wrapped in a blanket tryin to Hijack my truck is a first.....had a few wimmenzzzz come to the door naked....some were ...most were.....LoL
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Once you signed for it,the package was no longer the property of FedEx.

You should have called the JBT's first and filed theft charges.

Yep....Once he stop completes on his machine it is permenant record
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I'd make it my mission to get his ass fired.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:09:22 AM EDT
[#44]
All the whiners saying you shouldn't have made the doorbell comment can stuff it. Dude lied, you called him out on it, and his inferiority complex took over. That guy has no business being in the delivery business. The comments about how he may passive-aggressively fuck with your future deliveries may actually carry some water. Too bad. It's kind of like having a shitty waiter. If you complain and send the food back, they'll probably spit in it. This is why I just don't go back to restaurants where the food/service is shitty. You don't have that option.

What's with the kicking? Is that considered assault especially because you were trying to obtain a package containing medications for your wife's pregnancy and this guy was denying it to you on a whim? (see inferiority complex comment earlier) That asshole should be in the unemployment line. It's amazing how many people in this society are just unemployable. They don't have the wherewithal to hold down a productive job, but hey, somebody has got to make the fries.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Fed Ex guy admitted he was being a dick.  Some people act like assholes instead of taking the path of least resistance which is to just to be courteous.  Although next time just let it go in terms of making a comment about the number of doorbell rings.  It doesn't take much to set people off if they are mildly retarded.

Exactly. Who cares how many times the doorbell rang?

Had it been me:

Him - "I rang the doorbell twice!"

Me - "I know, sorry, I just got out of the shower and didn't have any clothes on and didn't get to the door before you already left"

Him - "No big deal man. Here's your package and thanks for being such a fucking nice guy, most assholes like to argue about everything and think that their package is the most important package on my truck. Sometimes I mess with them for being jackasses"

Me - "Some people just like to make everything difficult and bitch about little unimportant things. I don't sweat the small stuff"

Him - "You're totally awesome. I'm gonna start delivering your packages first every day. I gotta run but have a nice day bro!"

Me - "You too man. Later!"

Him - "Later!"

Dealing with the vast majority of people, even if they're kinda dick heads is usually pretty easy but even dealing with nice people can be difficult if you nitpick the most inane, unimportant details of things. Arguing about little unimportant things is what I do when I'm trying to pick a fight with someone.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Gets my vote.

FedEx is a "SERVICE" organization... that mean they provide a "SERVICE" for a fee... the driver must have forgotten that part and needs to be reminded with an LOC that he DELIVERS shipments per agreement with the shipper.

Sounds like the driver is another 'under-achieving' candidate for a union job that doesn't require customer contact.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 5:56:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope....Fred Smith would shut the doors before he would let it be a Union Shop

Rumor says Fred will fire every manager if FedEx goes union... he should just fire the managers and get it over with anyway. Not the union part, just the managers part.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:10:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You sir would be incorrect.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
About ten years ago I had a funny incident.....not with a FedEx driver, but AS a FedEx driver.

I used to be an narcotics cop. FedEx called us one day to report a package they believed to hold contraband, most likely drugs. We responded and had a dog do a search of the shipment and he positively ID'ed the box in question. It was heroin.

Anyways, long story short, I dress up as a fedex guy and do the controlled delivery to the subject in a FedEx truck. When he accepts the package, the troops swarmed in and grabbed him.

Yeah whatever, no big deal right?

So on my way back to the facility I cut through a Bank of America parking lot in a high end wealthy neighborhood. As I was trying to pull out, this asshole 20 something year old comes burning into the parking lot almost sideways with his tires squealing in a lowered BMW 7 series. He almost ran into me so I scream for him to slow the fuck down. He screams back, "Fuck you faggot!!".

Now normally I dont get involved in stupid shit like that, it isnt worth it. But this little prick just got under my skin. Well he pulled up to the ATM, blocked 3 cars from behind and jumped out to go up to the machine. I parked and jumped out and ran up on him and screamed "Hey mother fucker!!!" he spun around like someone shot him. I jumped in his face and told him "Call me a faggot to my face you little prick, I'll kick your fucking teeth in."

He cowered and mumbled some kind of apology. He was a wanna be thug with his hat turned sideways and guess he wasnt used to anyone calling his bluff.

His girlfriend was in the car and she jumped out and started screaming at me and told me to go deliver some packages....they think Im a FedEx guy. I basically called her a whore and told her if she didnt shut her whore mouth, her BF would pay for it. I told him he was a bitch punk for shouting shit at people and not have the balls to back it up.

I could hear her behind me saying she was writing the tag down and going to call my boss and complain.

Im sure it didnt get her very far.....I doubt they ever put two and two together to figure out who was driving the truck....it wasnt assigned to any driver that day.

Moral of the story, just cause you THINK its a FedEx driver, doesnt mean its a FedEx driver.

Wow. Must be something about the uniform or truck that make ordinary people into assholes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want the fed ex driver to have it in for me...  I order live fish and corals that fed ex delivers

I used to order frozen rats for my snakes. Fedex delivered so many late, thawed, unusable packages(to MUCH bigger customers than me) that the seller quit using them. When I pay for overnight priority shipping that doesn't mean deliver it at noon two days later.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top