Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2011 11:30:23 AM EDT
does anybody here have this fine investment? I was thinking about getting a year subscription.

Is it like the show as we knew it on Fox?

Has he brought up any valid points since he departed from fox?

Any insight will be apreciated.

WC6
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been wondering as well.
believe his show starts sept 12th thats similar to his old show.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
In other words get it Sept 12th.

that is what I was planning on doing just wanted to get some info  before I spend.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
We got it to watch the Israel stuff.... not sure if we'll keep it or not.

Quality is pretty darn good for streaming.  HD and all - we do not have a Roku box, I just hooked the computer to the tv via HDMI and it looked great.   Maybe a stutter hear and there, but thats likely Comcast's fault.

Eats about 1 GB bandwidth per hour.

Right now there is basically no programming on it.    I hope there is more in September.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know.  What's the Truth worth to you?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#5]
He's going to lose his shirt on GBTV.  No way it's going to make money.

I used to listen to him quite a bit and still do on the radio, but this whole "preach about Israel" for 3 hours / day has really turned me off.

I still like the man and his message, but I will not be subscribing.  

He's been pushing people to sign up ever since he left Fox, even thought the channel doesn't start until September.  Why would I pay $5 for basically nothing right now?

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Would be worth it just to piss off libtards.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Been wondering myself.  Tag.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I used to listen to him quite a bit and still do on the radio, but this whole "preach about Israel" for 3 hours / day has really turned me off.

He's been pushing people to sign up ever since he left Fox, even thought the channel doesn't start until September.  Why would I pay $5 for basically nothing right now?  

Because you still have all the Insider Extreme programming available.

4th Hour, SE Cupp specials, Brian Sack, BeckU, Rumors of War 1 and 2, behind the scenes of GBTV, live video from his radio show, etc, etc.

Seriously, it's like $5/month.  Most people spend more than that every day for lunch and/or a coffee.

ETA:  Been an Insider Extreme member since last year.  Got my account automatically upgraded to GBTV last week when they made the switch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know.  What's the Truth worth to you?

pricless!!

Think when Sept 12th gets closer i will subscribe. As some stated not much is on right now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in for a year. Glenn Beck is a good man and he is good for America I hope he succeeds.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is kind of where my head is at. I've been a fan and supported Glenn since he got his show on CNN... I like the guy and his message, but it was better when it was free and it could be seen and disseminated widely, to include newbies. Now all he's going to get is diehards with more money than me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is kind of where my head is at. I've been a fan and supported Glenn since he got his show on CNN... I like the guy and his message, but it was better when it was free and it could be seen and disseminated widely, to include newbies. Now all he's going to get is diehards with more money than me.

Makes sense.

As a True Chicago blackhawks fan I have to say "De-troit sucks"

(although they don't)

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure if I want to pay money to see a grown man cry all the time.

I kid, I kid
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]
No.  I like GB but I ain't paying to see him to go nuts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll have to check into it.  I like Glenn.  I enjoy his sense of humor and sense of history.  As a busy nursing student who also picks up the kids from school and does the cooking, I don't always have a chance to listen to Glenn.  I check a lot of different streaming radio sites to catch his show.  If GBTV will have the radio and "TV" show with on-demand streaming, I am pretty likely to go ahead and get it.

Anyone know for certain about that?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Who's Glenn Beck?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I like GB, but the sarcasm on his radio show annoys me most days.  I did like his TV program when I had a chance to watch.  So no I guess I'll have to pass on GBTV.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Did I make it in before the Glenn Beck haters? He's overly dramatic but spot on usually.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Who's Glenn Beck?

Is that you. I figured u were on these boards
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, no haters yet?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wow, no haters yet?

Not really hating but just curious if he ever apologized for calling Ron Paul & his supporters terrorists while he was on CNN?  This was in reference to a "moneybomb" event that was held on the 5th of November aka Guy Fawkes Day.  Personally, to see how he tried to demonize RP & supporters only to become a supporter on Faux Snooze leaves me feeling the guy is phony and trying to make a buck ala Alex Jones via scare tactics.  I will admit I did listen to his radio show a few times and never could get into it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#22]
thinking about splitting this with a buddy to cut the cost
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Internet telvison will be big in the future particularly if televion companies keep refusing to sell a la carte programming.

Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't really understand listening to pundits and I particularly don't understand paying to do so.

If you agree with them, you're just getting your validation from a stranger, if you disagree with them, you can't correct them.

Glenn Beck is a master of his craft. He's got a small legion of people willing to pay to have their ego stroked while they listen to him cry.

The sad thing is I agree with a great deal of what he says but, he's like the Jim Baker of the political sphere. He puts on a great show telling people the shit they want to hear while he cries "send me your money (or pay it to my sponsors).

I don't dislike the guy but so many people (on this board anyway) seem to lionise him as the next coming of Christ, politically speaking.

His show has grown (now there's a contradiction in terms) from a decent discussion about politics to a clown show, complete with props and the bawling drama of a man who wants to save your mortal soul, for a small fee. He may be right about EVERYTHING, that doesn't mean I want to pay money to watch a grown man bawl like a girl with a skinned knee over the "conspiracy" to destroy our country.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't really understand listening to pundits and I particularly don't understand paying to do so.

If you agree with them, you're just getting your validation from a stranger, if you disagree with them, you can't correct them.

Glenn Beck is a master of his craft. He's got a small legion of people willing to pay to have their ego stroked while they listen to him cry.

The sad thing is I agree with a great deal of what he says but, he's like the Jim Baker of the political sphere. He puts on a great show telling people the shit they want to hear while he cries "send me your money (or pay it to my sponsors).

I don't dislike the guy but so many people (on this board anyway) seem to lionise him as the next coming of Christ, politically speaking.

His show has grown (now there's a contradiction in terms) from a decent discussion about politics to a clown show, complete with props and the bawling drama of a man who wants to save your mortal soul, for a small fee. He may be right about EVERYTHING, that doesn't mean I want to pay money to watch a grown man bawl like a girl with a skinned knee over the "conspiracy" to destroy our country.

I paid to have access to the 50,000+ man-hours of research a year he does on topics that interest me.

The humor is just an added bonus.

For those still wondering if it is worth it, did you watch his TV show on Fox?  How cool would it have been to be able to pause the TV when he mentions something, and go click on the link to get all that research right in front of you, rather than just getting, "Don't take my word for it.  Do your own homework."?  If you are like me, you have a life, and do not have the extra time to research like his team does.

As always, YMMV, but I can skip one visit to McD's for lunch a month to pay for this.  I could stand to lose some weight anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid to have access to the 50,000+ man-hours of research a year he does on topics that interest me.

For those still wondering if it is worth it, did you watch his TV show on Fox?  How cool would it have been to be able to pause the TV when he mentions something, and go click on the link to get all that research right in front of you, rather than just getting, "Don't take my word for it.  Do your own homework."?  If you are like me, you have a life, and do not have the extra time to research like his team does.

As always, YMMV, but I can skip one visit to McD's for lunch a month to pay for this.  I could stand to lose some weight anyway.

What has he said since he has been off of fox?
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has he said since he has been off of fox?

Frankly he has been spending a decent bit of time getting everyone pumped up for the Restoring Courage rally this past week.  He has done this by going over the history of anti-semetism, and showing the correlation to what is going on today.

He has also been staying in front of the Middle East turmoil, the debit ceiling debate, interviewing Presidential candidates, etc, etc.

You can always go to glennbeck.com and theblaze.com and see some of what he is talking about.

Probably the most interesting thing though is what he is doing now.  He had the rally on Wednesday, and he immediately flew to South Africa and has been broadcasting from there for the last 2 days.  He said that people are accusing Israel of being an apartheid regime, so he would go to the home of apartheid and show what it really was.

Tomorrow he is going to be talking to a group in Venezuela.  It was supposed to be face-to-face, but Hugo Chavez refused to allow his plane to land there.  He is going to broadcast it instead.

Basically, rather than just point out the problems, he is trying to start giving some direction to how to solve the issues.  Should be a fun ride.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]

GBTV will be 24/7/365 right?

If Glenn will intersperse his news and commentary shows with some ARFcom-approved movies, I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I have it, watched the Israel events using Roku. It is all in HD, which is pretty impressive that he has spent that kind of money from the onset. Seems he will have some pretty cool things coming so I will keep it. For now, it is worth it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I have it and like it.  

Just getting it a month at a time right now (5 bucks, not much money)
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep in mind the company he hired to set this up is the same company MLB uses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Are you saying that because it's a bad thing, or because the production values are high?

Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you saying that because it's a bad thing, or because the production values are high?

Quality is going to be high.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I do not, nor do I plan on getting it.

Not that I dislike Glenn, just think it is overpriced for what it is. If he had offered a lifetime sub, or access for a couple of bucks a month, maybe.

IMO, his 15 minutes are just about up. I just don't see this working for him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Not sure if I will sign up or not, but I do wish him the best.  He has done this country a great service.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I do not, nor do I plan on getting it.

Not that I dislike Glenn, just think it is overpriced for what it is. If he had offered a lifetime sub, or access for a couple of bucks a month, maybe.

IMO, his 15 minutes are just about up. I just don't see this working for him.

I think he left fox news b/c there was more for him to say in which fox prob wouldn't allow him to speak his mind or knowledge. We'll see
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, no haters yet?

Not really hating but just curious if he ever apologized for calling Ron Paul & his supporters terrorists while he was on CNN?  This was in reference to a "moneybomb" event that was held on the 5th of November aka Guy Fawkes Day.  Personally, to see how he tried to demonize RP & supporters only to become a supporter on Faux Snooze leaves me feeling the guy is phony and trying to make a buck ala Alex Jones via scare tactics.  I will admit I did listen to his radio show a few times and never could get into it.

DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND INFILTRATOR ALERT!

Pejorative short-hand is the tip off.  As clear as if a Republican infiltrator on Democratic Undergrounnd slipped and referred in a DU post to the "Democrat Party".
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Tag for people that have watched the show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I think its pretty good..   There is a 2 week free trial going on right now so find out for yourself

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think its pretty good..   There is a 2 week free trial going on right now so find out for yourself

How many minutes of actual show is there?

I don't have 2 hours worth of t.v watching time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would say 1:45 or so.

A couple of the neat things I have noticed so far:

Because GB only has to answer to himself, God, and his subscribers, he is able to say things he never could on Fox.  First one was actually calling the President a Marxists.  Kinda cool to hear it said out loud.

Also, Raj is taking emails and tweets during the show.  If he notices a trend in the questions, they can stop the show, and visit the requested topic in more detail.

There is also a reporter from The Blaze doing the news at the top and bottom of the hour.

He interacts with the audience more.

He no longer has to edit the language in the clips he is playing.  IE - we now get to hear exactly what they are saying about us word for word.

And just something really cool - he called out George Soros for wasting money on trying to get rid of him.  Beck used $20,000,000 of his own money to build the studio in NYC, and he has another one under construction in Texas.

ETA:  You can also watch the show at your leisure.  It airs live from 5pm - 7pm, but is up in the on demand section shortly after it airs.  I have been watching about 1 hour at night, and the other hour in the morning while drinking coffee and eating breakfast.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because GB only has to answer to himself, God, and his subscribers, he is able to say things he never could on Fox.  First one was actually calling the President a Marxists.  Kinda cool to hear it said out loud.

Also, Raj is taking emails and tweets during the show.  If he notices a trend in the questions, they can stop the show, and visit the requested topic in more detail.

There is also a reporter from The Blaze doing the news at the top and bottom of the hour.

He no longer has to edit the language in the clips he is playing.  IE - we now get to hear exactly what they are saying about us word for word.

And just something really cool - he called out George Soros for wasting money on trying to get rid of him.  Beck used $20,000,000 of his own money to build the studio in NYC, and he has another one under construction in Texas.

ETA:  You can also watch the show at your leisure.  It airs live from 5pm - 7pm, but is up in the on demand section shortly after it airs.  I have been watching about 1 hour at night, and the other hour in the morning while drinking coffee and eating breakfast.

So he has a show that runs for 2 hours and thats it? Anything else on air the rest of the time?

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Everything he will say will wind up a topic on Arfcom anyway....
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know anything about it. Is it like Rush 24/7 or is it some tv show he is making for the internet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he has a show that runs for 2 hours and thats it? Anything else on air the rest of the time?

Monday they are debuting a kid's history show called Liberty Treehouse.  Going to be teaching correct US history.  

During the current 2 hour show, he has a comedian that is going to have his own show comparable to The Daily Show.  

SE Cupp is going to be doing her own show.  

There are also a bunch of the specials they produced for the Insider Extreme to watch - Beck U, Rumors of War I and II, Restoring Courage and all of its events, Restoring Honor and all of its events, the radio show airs on it with the 4th Hour, and lots more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Well there is a two week free trial so you can decide for yourself.

So far I've only watched the first episode.  For a first episode it was decent enough, I'm sure they will hit their stride eventually.

My random thoughts

-I do not like the 2 hr format at all.  2 hours a day is too long to invest.  I much preferred the old 44 minute format.  

-The comedian guy is unfunny and I hope he gets fired

-The blaze chick that gives news updates is sort of useless really.  I don't want to watch GB for headlines from the Blaze.  If I want to see Blaze headlines I'll just go to the damn blaze.  It's just time filler for the looong 2 hours.

-The set is weird and goofy.  But Glen is a weird and goofy guy so no surprise there.

-Seems like they are talking out of both sides of their mouth with the whole "We don't have advertisers, we have underwriters.  GBTV isn't paid for by viewers LIKE you, GBTV is paid for BY you" and then proceed to run a bunch of ads

-I'm really, really tired of Glen telling me to buy gold.  It's getting old.  Really old.

-The guy who is supposed to be the "face" of GBTV whatever his name is seems like kind of a tard.  He was hired apparently because he "has a good soul" I dunno don't ask me to explain it.

Anyway I signed up several months back so I'm going to ride the year out either way.  I'm hoping the show hits its stride and continues to improve.  I'm also eagerly awaiting the site feature rollouts that were promised.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

A bunch of crap

How much is Soros paying you?

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of crap

How much is Soros paying you?  

Enough that I can afford the $99/yr for the premium subscription.

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I have been an extreme subscriber to get his podcasts, and now am a GBTV subscriber. I am impressed with his first few shows and I think he will be much more open than he was allowed to be on Fox. We need to watch if nothing more to hear the things the mainstream media dont tell you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top