Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 5:20:13 PM EDT
Should I eat?

If it helps I'm trying to lose a pound or two and I'm not particularly worried about muscle loss.

eta:  per the recommendations:

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Should I eat?

If it helps I'm trying to lose a pound or two and I'm not particularly worried about muscle loss.

If you want to lose a few pounds, why not try actually eating, but eating healthily?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Eat some canned tuna or other type of lean meat. Follow it with a small helping of fruit.

You need to have some protein and a little fiber.

Not eating puts your body into ketosis, which will burn fat, but long term can lead to an f-ed up metabolism.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Should I eat?

Yes, definitely you should eat. Otherwise you'll lose muscle mass because your brain will decide that you're starving and react appropriately.

Eat some chicken, yogurt, and lots of vegetables & fruit.  Eat half portions and stay away from the little debbie treats

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Your metabolism will shut down and you wont lose much weight. So, yes you should eat.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Sumo Wrestlers don't eat! If you want to loose weight, the best way to do that is to get on a balanced healthy eating plan.... minimum three meals a day! a little exercise never heart anyone either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd eat something with protein & fat.

Meat, cheese or nuts.

I don't know why people always recommend fruit. Sugar just makes me hungrier.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Meat, cheese or nuts.

When I was severely overweight I had a huge addiction to sweets.  Eating fruit (in moderation) cut out a lot of the calories out and gave my brain some of what it wanted.  Plus, the fiber helped a lot too with all of the new protein I was taking in.

Just my take on it  YMMV as always.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Should I eat?

Your body will just go into survival mode, defeating your purpose.

Eat something every 4hrs to keep your metabolism running full time.

Stop eating 4-6hrs before bed.  Start again as soon as you wake up.

Eat Paleo style... not a bag of chips or candy bar every 4hrs.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meat, cheese or nuts.

When I was severely overweight I had a huge addiction to sweets.  Eating fruit (in moderation) cut out a lot of the calories out and gave my brain some of what it wanted.  Plus, the fiber helped a lot too with all of the new protein I was taking in.

Yeah, fruit is REALLY GOOD if you're cutting out sugar.

Kinda gives you that sweets fix you're craving. I also like frozen yogurt!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Should I eat?

I think you should drink some potent booze, see how fast that buzz hits ya !
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I've done it before. I wouldn't sit and eat half a pizza or anything. I would eat one of those 50 cent bags of peanuts a day if nothing else though. I lost a little more when I was eating a can of tuna for breakfast and a pack of peanuts for lunch than when I ate nothing at all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Meat, cheese or nuts.

Yeah, fruit is REALLY GOOD if you're cutting out sugar.

Kinda gives you that sweets fix you're craving. I also like frozen yogurt!

FWIW, I went from 250lbs to 178lbs in under a year.  I am 6'2".  It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recent studies have shown that eating every 4 hours is actually counter productive....and extended periods with no food (anything up to 3 days) actually promotes fat loss, and insulin sensitivity.

The evidence I've seen with my own eyes tells me otherwise.

Best physique I've ever seen in person, is on a 30 something office type who eats every three hours like it's religion.

Not to mention, it's working quite well for me.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should I eat?

Yes, definitely you should eat. Otherwise you'll lose muscle mass because your brain will decide that you're starving and react appropriately.

Eat some chicken, yogurt, and lots of vegetables & fruit.  Eat half portions and stay away from the little debbie treats

You're from Brittania so you must now what you're talking about.  I went to the store and just made some food.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Should I eat?

Your heart is made of muscle not eating anything is "very" bad for it !

Lost a damn good friend because he did that too much
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should I eat?

You're from Brittania so you must now what you're talking about.  I went to the store and just made some food.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1526/dinnfer8112011.jpg

Scandinavia and I'm from Alabama - have a Danish parent.  I can speak enough Danish to get into trouble.

Otherwise, looks like a great start.  You'll lose it in no time.  Be careful of bread btw, glad to see you're eating whole wheat.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#18]
No one likes my dinner pic?  Is it because I left out a knife?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should I eat?

Stop eating 4-6hrs before bed.  Start again as soon as you wake up.

Yeah.....

This is all bullshit.  

Ask yourself this, what other apex predator on the planet needs to eat every four hours?  None that I know of.  What sense does eating every four hours make from an evolutionary standpoint?  How did humans ever survive the "feral" years when a meal might be two or three days or more apart?  

Eating all the time has some psychological benefits in certain individuals, but if you think it has any metabolic benefit, you're full of shit.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top