Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2011 12:32:47 PM EDT
Iraq war veteran holds would-be robber at gunpoint until police arrive.

Link to video

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Robber stealing cologne... hmm he must smell really bad
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good draw down.

I especially like 2:39:

If I was still living in Illinois, where I grew up at, they won't pass a law for it... therefore, I wouldn't have been able to do this, and anybody in the state wouldn't have been able to do it either

Sounds like a perfectly good reason to move.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
He's a nicer guy than I am.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good draw down.

If I was still living in Illinois, where I grew up at, they won't pass a law for it... therefore, I wouldn't have been able to do this, and anybody in the state wouldn't have been able to do it either

Sigh...

I hear this a lot and it gets old. Family, friends and career are better reasons not to move. Giving that up and moving somewhere else just so I can chop a few inches off my barrel or get CCW now (I'm sure in the next few years we will get it likely by lawsuit) is a silly reason to move if that's all you have.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for this one. Glad all are well and the Dirt Bag got caught.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm. Perp wanted to use the cell phone to talk to the cops. Wonder why he was wanting to do that? "Scared Straight?"

Needed more curb stomp, bastard will be out very soon & maybe look for some payback for being humiliated.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Should have shot him, but good catch.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Training kicked in and it worked.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good draw down.

Sigh...

I hear this a lot and it gets old. Family, friends and career are better reasons not to move. Giving that up and moving somewhere else just so I can chop a few inches off my barrel or get CCW now (I'm sure in the next few years we will get it likely by lawsuit) is a silly reason to move if that's all you have.

God given Rights protected by the Constitutional mean more to others than to you. Think

about that. Every one that moved denies taxes to the oppressors they left behind.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

In. doesn't have Castle Doctrine do they?
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good draw down.

+1 That's a very sad statement.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. That POS will be out of jail in a few years to resume his life of crime.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Training kicked in and it worked.

a wee bit of experience, too it sounds like.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]
i would cream pie Molly Line
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He's a nicer guy than I am.

+1
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#18]

I had trouble concentrating on the story....

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:18:53 PM EDT
[#19]
He sort of looks like Jude Law.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good draw down.

Sigh...

Then pack them up and move them with you!

There is no good reason to live in states like Illinois when they treat their citizens like slaves.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Good job! I would have been just fine if he just killed that shitbag when he confronted him...
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#22]
That soldier showed amazing restraint.  

I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I would have plugged the fucker when he took two steps forward
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. That POS will be out of jail in a few years to resume his life of crime.

Shooting him would have probably ended badly. The gist of what I heard said a neighbor called to inform him of a strange man lurking around his house. So instead of calling the cops and letting them handle it he raced home to confront the man himself. That would really put castle doctrine to the test.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good draw down.

Sigh...

There is no good reason to live in states like Illinois when they treat their citizens like slaves.

For starters taking my job anywhere is not an option. It's a local .gov job and I'm nearing the age of being to old to test for it anywhere else. Moving my parents, brothers and friends is a little unrealistic as well. I live about as far away from Shitcago as one can in this state. All things considered it's pretty dam conservative down here. Then on top of that for all it's faults it's home. I was born and raised here, raised children here and most likely will die here. I'm not going anywhere any time soon.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Some one buy that man a beer..
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good draw down.

Sigh...

For starters taking my job anywhere is not an option. It's a local .gov job and I'm nearing the age of being to old to test for it anywhere else. Moving my parents, brothers and friends is a little unrealistic as well. I live about as far away from Shitcago as on can in this state. All things considered it's pretty dam conservative down here. Then on top of that for all it's faults it's home. I was born and raised here, raised children here and most likely will die here. I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

I feel your pain.

I have long term plans to relocate to Washington state, but "just move" is a LOT easier said than done.

I would be leaving my friends, my home, my mother who needs me, and my entire professional network which is critical to my carer.

I AM going to move in another 5 years or so, but until then I will continue to fight actively for our rights in this horrible state.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I had trouble concentrating on the story....

http://i56.tinypic.com/1073twk.jpg

Story? There was a story too?  

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

In. doesn't have Castle Doctrine do they?

We sure do. I think we were one of the first states.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/incode/35/41/3/35-41-3-2

ETA:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1601061/posts
"The law makes Indiana one of only three states, along with Florida and South Dakota, with a deadly force law. Fifteen other states are considering similar legislation, according to the National Rifle Association."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top