Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At least the family will get his coffin for 1/2 off.....
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I could easily join in and try to make some situationally appropriate puns, but every one I thought of has already been done.

So,  getting down to a practical aspect:   How do you figure the factory workers figured where to separate the "good" batch

of sausage meat from the "bury it with dignity" batch?

Look for the first toenail and then go back ten pounds?

Do you think that they'll package the ground-up legs in sausage casing for convenience?

Or stick a product label on the casket?

New flavor?
What a really dumb, and totally preventable, way to die.   And not too far from as horrible as it can get.

CJ

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No more Bar-S hotdogs for this 'ol boy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Fawk. I duped. I get bonus points for calling my own dupe.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1207254_Ever_wonder_what_s_in_Bar_S_Hot_Dogs_.html
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My baloney has a second name, its R - A - P - E - R.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn that sucks.

Can't think of a worse way to go.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's not putting your best foot forward.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn that sucks.

Can't think of a worse way to go.

the wurst way to go?
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
almost as bad as the qaudrapelegic wnat a to be a cheerleader
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Life goes on, but you guys making jokes are bunch of fucking assholes. The man was a father of four. It could of happened to anybody. If was an arfcom member there would be a few thousand "RIP"s, and , and probably even a fund set up on here for the family. But whatever...
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
suffered a grisly end

I HATE it when my sausages have a grisly end on them....

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the comments under the story.

"I never sausage a horrible story. Who knew meat plant workers had colleagues."

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is too funny!
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Note to self: Don't eat Bar S foods...
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lord when I go please let me go in a way that isn't easily turned in to a punchline!

Screw that. When I go, I hope it's in a really fucked up way that has the local cops/firemen/EMS guys laughing their asses off.

Seriously though, that sucks. For him, his family, his coworkers, and for the emergency personnel that responded.

(We had a very similar job one night. Let me tell you... that shit will stick with you. Our guy lived. But... his career as a juggler was fucking over.)

I work fire/EMS and if you can't laugh at some of this shit you won't last long.
Well...then you know.

You can laugh all you want... but you can never un-see it.

We laugh about the stuff that we will never forget.

I bet every party he shows up to now is a total sausage fest. Seriously though that's an awful way to go.

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lord when I go please let me go in a way that isn't easily turned in to a punchline!

Screw that. When I go, I hope it's in a really fucked up way that has the local cops/firemen/EMS guys laughing their asses off.

Seriously though, that sucks. For him, his family, his coworkers, and for the emergency personnel that responded.

(We had a very similar job one night. Let me tell you... that shit will stick with you. Our guy lived. But... his career as a juggler was fucking over.)

Had a guy where my Dad worked fail to stop a paper machine . . . <1" clearance.  Got his hand caught and pulled him all the way through and the machine never noticed, kept running.  Since he was around the corner from anyone and he hadn't stopped the line, nobody noticed for a few minutes until the next machine stopped.

Amazing thing, though, he had an open casket funeral.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work fire/EMS and if you can't laugh at some of this shit you won't last long.

I bet every party he shows up to now is a total sausage fest. Seriously though that's an awful way to go.

Well...then you know.

I don't know. I've only ever worked one call that really shook me up and stuck with me. It's the one I don't laugh about.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Doesn't look like hes got a leg to stand on.....

Ok going to hell, very sad
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

.   That is really sad, I can't imagine how agonizing that must have been.  

I don't want to.
Link Posted: 7/16/2011 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Life goes on, but you guys making jokes are bunch of fucking assholes. The man was a father of four. It could of happened to anybody. If was an arfcom member there would be a few thousand "RIP"s, and , and probably even a fund set up on here for the family. But whatever...

You're new around here....... aren't you?

Hell...... even the EMT's said they'd never sausage carnage!  

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...then you know.

I don't know. I've only ever worked one call that really shook me up and stuck with me. It's the one I don't laugh about.

Really? Just one?

Shit... I have a whole mental photo-album that I drag around with me, and every once in awhile, usually when I've had too much to drink, I pull it out and thumb through it.

After 19 years, 134 days... I'll be the first to admit that I am a very different person than the dumbass kid who raised his right hand, strapped on a gun, and pinned a stupid little piece of tin to his shirt way back in Bible times. (1990.)

(Wouldn't trade a fucking minute of it, though. )
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#22]
He was this close,

to getting a little behind in his work.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thought there would be procedures to lock machines out when working on them

Supposed to be.... Guess they don't have lock out tag out procedures in place!

That company's about to get $raped$
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Black Panther for avi is missing.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I bet nobody at that plant has sausage a tragedy before.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't stick your sausage in with sausage.

Prayers for the family.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The humor here runs on the dark side.  You aren't gonna change it, so you may want to learn to appreciate it or go play somewhere else...just sayin'

GD requires a thick casing and we all get our turn in the proverbial meat grinder around here.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is GD, what did you expect?

New guys...
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 12:30:19 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew someone that would run a hammer mill with all the safeties disabled.   It was built by us, and had no safeties by design.  that place was so off the wall dangerous that OSHA wouldn't even step inside.    As long as well had proper MSDS placards on all products, we were good to go.

He made sure to allways tell me NOT to shut the machine off if he falls in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#31]
wow.. what an awful way to go.  My condolences to his wife and kids, what a shame
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Life goes on, but you guys making jokes are bunch of fucking assholes.

If you're gonna be such a <wuss>, go hang out on Good Housekeeping's forum, maybe Women's Wear Daily.

GD is neck deep in assholes... with no fucking heart... and that's just how I like it.

I come here to laugh, and these guys (and gals) make me laugh... about anything.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're gonna be such a <wuss>, go hang out on Good Housekeeping's forum, maybe Women's Wear Daily.

GD is neck deep in assholes... with no fucking heart... and that's just how I like it.

I come here to laugh, and these guys (and gals) make me laugh... about anything.

No, GD may be cold, but we're not heartless. 4Chan is heartless.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I'll give you that one. 4Chan takes savagery to a whole other level.

Here in GD, we're more like a family.

A dysfunctional family... with a drunk dad, and a bi-polar mom hooked on painkillers... but a family none the less.

Heck, in 5 minutes of reading here, I can find 18 examples of flat-out idiocy.

Then, I'll post something... and suddenly the meter jumps to 19.

However... it's all in fun.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The humor here runs on the dark side.  You aren't gonna change it, so you may want to learn to appreciate it or go play somewhere else...just sayin'

GD requires a thick casing and we all get our turn in the proverbial meat grinder around here.

I just feel sick that a working father got the punishment that Casey Anthony deserves.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, I'll give you that one. 4Chan takes savagery to a whole other level.

Here in GD, we're more like a family.

A dysfunctional family... with a drunk dad, and a bi-polar mom hooked on painkillers... but a family none the less.

Heck, in 5 minutes of reading here, I can find 18 examples of flat-out idiocy.

Then, I'll post something... and suddenly the meter jumps to 19.

However... it's all in fun.  

Your description of GD reminded me of a song by The Ramones:

We're a happy family
We're a happy family
We're a happy family
Me mom and daddy

Siting here in Queens
Eating refried beans
We're in all the magazines
Gulpin' down thorazines

We ain't got no friends
Our troubles never end
No Christmas cards to send
Daddy likes men

Daddy's telling lies
Baby's eating flies
Mommy's on pills
Baby's got the chills

I'm friends with the President
I'm friends with the Pope
We're all making a fortune
Selling Daddy's dope

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
snip   It could of happened to anybody.    If was an arfcom member there would be a few thousand "RIP"s,..snip .

No. It couldn't happen to anybody. Ever heard of a "lock out"?

There would be more "RIP"s for a member, but it'd still be the GD.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well...then you know.

Really? Just one?

Shit... I have a whole mental photo-album that I drag around with me, and every once in awhile, usually when I've had too much to drink, I pull it out and thumb through it.

After 19 years, 134 days... I'll be the first to admit that I am a very different person than the dumbass kid who raised his right hand, strapped on a gun, and pinned a stupid little piece of tin to his shirt way back in Bible times. (1990.)

(Wouldn't trade a fucking minute of it, though. )

Well I don't have that long in.

However I just make it a point not to get emotionally invested in people I work on. I think burn out comes from an inability to remain detached from your patient/victim. I worked with a guy who went to the funerals of patients he lost. One day he did not report for his shift, no call in, nothing so his partner swung by his place to check on him. Shot himself in his garage, no note or anything. I think he let all the bad shit he saw over the years get carried around with him until one day his cup overflowed and the ability to cope with it was lost. I was a brand new EMT with about two months in and the lesson I took from that was not to ever take anything home from the scene with you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015189/Feet-meat-grinder-Gruesome-end-sausage-factory-worker-legs-chewed-horrified-colleagues.html

A 26-year-old sausage factory worker suffered a grisly end when he slipped and fell feet first into a meat grinder which chewed off his legs and killed him.

Father-of-four Michael Raper was trapped from the waist down for two excruciating hours after he become entangled in the huge auger at the Bar S Foods plant in Lawton, Oklahoma.

Amid gruesome scenes co-workers watched in horror before frantic emergency workers managed to cut the machine in half and free him.

Upton Sinclair is turning over in his grave.

Exactly what I was going to reference too. It's a Jungle I tell ya.  

I though these kind of things weren't supposed to happen anymore. It's not 1911.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't make me say it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Or if I do, at least let it be g-d hilarious...
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I always heard they put the left over in those things....
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I always thought that hot dogs and sausage was made with lips and assholes, not legs and toenails.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Now this guy I can feel sorry for. Poor guy was just trying to do a day's work and got thrown into the meat grinder. What a downer for the family.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Hot dogs are lips and assholes they say.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have too, for 15 years now, and the tragic deaths where kids are left behind don't strike me as funny at all.
I can make a joke about certain cases, etc.  But not stuff like this.  What a horrific way to go.

Just in case y'all missed that there are real people behind these stories, this guy leaves behind 4 little kids. Little kids who no longer have their dad.  Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:20:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeap...... "GD" certainly has it's share of "gallows humor".  Not only was it a tragic death...... but also completely un neccesairy.

See that little orange decal on my helmet?   The one that says "lockout/tagout trained"?   Words to.......quite literally..... live by.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:28:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got a box of Bar S corndogs in the freezer right now

Day 1

Whos' in the box ?
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top