Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2011 7:14:37 AM EDT
I have owned many trifold, & bifold wallets and they have been used once or twice. I have resorted to just dumping all my crap in my pockets. The time has come for me to start using a wallet. I need something small and thin, that I would be hard pressed to notice I was carrying.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#1]
My next wallet is coming from these guys.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
No you don't.

You need a money clip. All you should be carrying are a few bills, a couple of debit/credit cards and your ID. You don't need to carry your high school diploma, library card, yarn-of-the-month club card or any other extraneous shit. Keep all your non-essential shit in the console of your car, and only pull out your Costco card when you're going in to Costco.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Louis Vuitton.

Go big or go home.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
1.  Use Google to find closest Coach Outlet
2.  Go to Coach Outlet and buy wallet.  

3.  ?????

4.  Profit!
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been pretty happy with the Maxpedition wallet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I like... since I carry mine up front.

ETA-My current user is a SPECOPS THE WALLET JR
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
3.  ?????
4.  Profit!

I used to be a big Coach fan, have a bunch of it.  Five years or so back, they offshored their production, got a new supplier for raw materials, or something - the leather just isn't the same.  Haven't bought anything from them in years.

Jane

Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
3.  ?????
4.  Profit!

My last Coach wallet lasted only a year before needing to be replaced.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/102-leather-checkbook-wallet-saddleback

Made in the USA, simple with no extra crap, and durable as hell.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No you don't.

You need a money clip. All you should be carrying are a few bills, a couple of debit/credit cards and your ID. You don't need to carry your high school diploma, library card, yarn-of-the-month club card or any other extraneous shit. Keep all your non-essential shit in the console of your car, and only pull out your Costco card when you're going in to Costco.

Yep.........!
I use a SMALL bi-fold business card holder. Drivers liscense, debit card, insurance card, CCW permit, with room for a couple other "cards". Money in front pocket in money clip.
If I put receipts, somebody's phone number, or other piece of paper in the "wallet", I'm required to purge it of these things in a day or two, becuase there's no room for it. Just the way I like it.  

I usually carry it in my back pocket, but it's smaller than a lot of front pocket wallets I see.

a-bare
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:37:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/102-leather-checkbook-wallet-saddleback

Made in the USA, simple with no extra crap, and durable as hell.

Saw this company mentioned in another thread.  Looked at the bifolds, got mine last week and it is very well made.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]

And where do we get one of these?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Saddleback Leather. 100 year warranty.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a King Ranch wallet!!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Saddleback Leather. 100 year warranty.

Saddleback leather is the final answer
/thread
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Be nice if they provided the dimensions of their wallets

Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]
My wallet is a Jon Hart.  My wife got it for me.  It has my initials on it, has a money clip in the middle, and a slot on the front and back.  one for my ID & CHL, and one for my debit card and credit card.  Thats all I carry.

Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]

LOL, I have 2 of these. Make paying at the grocery store kind of fun.

Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been using this for 3-4 years now.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/MICRO%C3%A2%E2%80%9E%C2%A2-WALLET-11p86.htm

Pic with a dollar for size.

Link Posted: 6/13/2011 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Louis Vuitton.

Go big or go home.

louis?  

I use Tumi
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Louis Vuitton.

Go big or go home.

louis?  

I use Tumi

Tumi here as well. Have had it for about 5 years, has held up extremely well.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Any of the wallets by maxpedition will work. I love my Spartan. It has served me well for over a year.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No you don't.

Hate to break it to you, but there are people out there who have to carry more than that around.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:25:53 AM EDT
[#27]
May not be the thinnest, but I have used my Spec-Ops Brand wallet (small version) for over 5 years and have found no need to switch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Most wallets are small and thin enough   .  .  .  .  until you cram them full of 'stuff ' , then they get annoyingly thick .

When I come off the road , between seasons of working and traveling  , I clean out my wallet and remove all the hotel ' point ' cards and my passport  that I wont need till next season . Then my wallet is slim enough to be comfortable . Half of the junk in my wallet is work-related .

That said , I swear by the US-made SPEC-OPS T.H.E. wallets with a lifetime guarantee . I've had mine for about 4 years or so now , I love it .
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Most wallets are small and thin enough   .  .  .  .  until you cram them full of 'stuff ' , then they get annoyingly thick .

When I come off the road , between seasons of working and traveling  , I clean out my wallet and remove all the hotel ' point ' cards and my passport  that I wont need till next season . Then my wallet is slim enough to be comfortable . Half of the junk in my wallet is work-related .

That said , I swear by the US-made SPEC-OPS T.H.E. wallets with a lifetime guarantee . I've had mine for about 4 years or so now , I love it .

I just came in to post the same thing, my guy carries This and swears by it, had it for years with no problems.  If you don't carry your checkbook with you daily they even make a smaller one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:38:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like... since I carry mine up front.

ETA-My current user is a SPECOPS THE WALLET JR
I like as well. Just ordered a black (no trim) shark skin. I would love to spring for the gator.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I've had one of these for years and it's awesome.

http://originalsoegear.com/wallet.html

John Willis is the man!
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Gray knives.  I have two of his, there tough as hell, I even had him stamp "bad mother fucker" on it.  His site is kinda funky, but call him, you wont be disappoint Son.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Front wallet guys - doesn't the wallet get...  pinchy when sitting down, driving in the car, etc?
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#34]
wtf is up with the front wallet.  Seems HOMO IMO
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I have been using one of these for the last 8+ years.  It has been great.

Fossil magnetic front pocket
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#36]
carry less crap in your wallet.

the bigger the wallet, the more crap you will put in it...like business cards, extra Plastic cards, single keys, and lots of small bills.

I use a tri-fold fabric wallet and empty anything that is not my "standard carry" every night.

I carry ~$20, my ID, 1 CC, 1ATM, and 3-5 business cards.

I don't even know I have a wallet in my pocket.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Front wallet guys - doesn't the wallet get...  pinchy when sitting down, driving in the car, etc?

mine doesn't

I would never go back to the big bifold and trifold wallets in my hip pocket!

If I need to carry more than my DL, permit, lifetime hunt/fish license, few credit cards and some cash,  I am carrying my briefcase or a backpack.

As an aside, since I carry a smaller wallet, what to do about all bits of paper that stack up in your wallet?

I sue a sweet program, jotno, a 'scanner' app for the iphone.  Now I take a pic of 99% of my paperwork, the app converts it to a pdf, cleans up the image and email it to myself.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:22:10 AM EDT
[#39]
wallets suck. money clips suck. I hold everything together will the rubber bands they use at the grocery store to hold broccoli stalks together. Just stack your credit cards, ID, fold up you cash, and wrap a broccoli rubber band around it length-wise. They don't break easy and last a few month before needing replaced.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:33:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
wallets suck. money clips suck. I hold everything together will the rubber bands they use at the grocery store to hold broccoli stalks together. Just stack your credit cards, ID, fold up you cash, and wrap a broccoli rubber band around it length-wise. They don't break easy and last a few month before needing replaced.

GHETTO wallet FTMFW!!!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GHETTO wallet FTMFW!!!!

gotta make room for the pocket pistol bro!
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I did that for about ten years, Kramer-style.  (big bills on the outside, usually a fiver)

The last time this thread came around, bought a Maxpedition wallet and am very happy with it.

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, it slides to the outside.  And it doesn't put my back out of alignment every time I sit down.  Plus, somebody trying to make off with it will have to get a little more intimate than if it were in my back pocket, giving me a little more time to present elbow to face.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I have been using one of these for a few years. Works great, comfortable and keeps me from accumulating alot of crap.

http://www.storus.com/detail.php?product=smart-money-clip-gun-metal
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This.

Cheap, small, great quality, and lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Coach Water Buffalo Slim Card Case

http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-men_walletscardcases-10551-10051-90-en?t1Id=82&t2Id=90&tier=2

Hsa 5 slots, two on each side one center.  One side has my debit and DL, other has my Visa and CWP, center hold my insurance card and a folded bill.  I carry front left pocket, never in my life have I carried a wallet in my back pocket.  Actually, aside from maybe a year in high school, I've never carried a wallet.  Either a money clip or card case.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Tactical Man-Purse*

* can also be worn with butt-less chaps
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Me too.  It's a big SOB, but it holds tons of crap, and should last approximately 372 aeons.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top