Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
good on op for admitting it was a pussy move and under normal situations he wouldnt kill it:-)

i can understand it would freak you out stepping on one in your kitchen and it would freak me out also even though i own snakes lol
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, here are some examples of what to do next time:

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
We went to the farm last weekend.  Now there are three houses on the farm.  I keep my Jeep in one of the garages but not at the house we usually stay at.  We pull up, I get out and my wife gets in the driver’s side of my truck.  It is a little over an hour from our house to the farm so I open up the garage and then step around the outside corner to relieve myself.  I am about half way done and look down.  I was pissing on a not so happy 4 to 4 ½ foot snake.  I managed to jump back without making a mess.  I could tell it wasn’t a poisonous one so I quickly finished and went back to the truck, got out my .45 and killed him.

I am not scared of snakes but when you are mid-stream and look down and see a snake of that size it quickly gets your attention.  Just so I don’t come off as trying to be Billy Bad Ass snakes don’t bother me, now if it would have been a roach on my pant leg I would have screamed like a girl and probably ran for a good 2 miles before I stopped.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Normally I'll give snakes a free pass.
A snake in the kitchen- pushing it.
Snake before coffee - no quarter given.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck snakes

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP, here are some examples of what to do next time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-UBVg7aaE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFelfDbkzm4&feature=related

That's a banded krait, get tagged by that one and it'll leave a serious mark.  Might not buff out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Snakes outside are to be avoided or relocated in deference to thier ability to keep rodent populations down. If it's in the house, fuck 'em. Snakes have no place in my house's ecosystem. I'd probably have squeeked like a bitch when I stepped on it myself.

If my g/f stepped on it, I'd have come home to a house on fire, a girlfirend in the fetal position in the driveway and a shit covered snake fleeing the blaze.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Ohhhhhh it's a snaaaaakeeeee

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Pussy

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I would still be cleaning up the blood and patching the shovel marks and bullet holes in the kitchen floor....damn I get the willies just typing this....I had a good 4 foot garter snake in my hose box a couple of years ago..when i jumped back I knocked the box over pinning the snake...can still see the evil look in it's eye when it saw the shovel...

a buddy of mine opened his pump shack door down by his dock and there were 5 water mocs in it..357 with 6 rounds of snake charmers fired blindly through the crack of the door ended the stand off....
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can't say I wouldn't react any differently though.

Exactly! I probably would have thrown in a ceremonial war dance that just happened to look like a grown man hopping up and down in terror.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#12]
First, snakes on a plane.  Then, snakes on a train.  Now, snake in the kitchen.  Folks, it is FO time.  Kill em all, lets send a clear message to cobra commander.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#13]
You may want to just go ahead and burn your house down.
It's for the coffee.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Two things DIE when they atr in my house.

F%#King Spiders and D@M Snakes!!!

AMEN
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I have snakes in my backyard, garter snakes. Some get pretty long. If I am cutting the lawn, they move or they lose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
At least it wasnt a spider. I'd burn the fuckin house down.

Link Posted: 6/1/2011 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#17]
My first thought would have been "how did you get out?!?!?!"

I have 12 snakes in my bedroom
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I hate snakes, Iwould have died of a heart attack right there. Then burned the fucking house down.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The yodelling is understandable, the pronk is borderline and the pirrouette would have to be judged by a panel of experts before a sentence is given.

But a cavort?  As in a full-blown, hands-over-the-head sprightly caper?  That's a man-card violation if I ever saw one.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for the warning.
Nuke it from orbit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2011 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Can't say I wouldn't react any differently though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top