Site Notices
11/27/2014 5:24:27 PM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
Author
India Bravo Tango Lima
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:41:09 PM EST
I'm watching this video called What in the World Are They Spraying?. In it they claim that the aluminum sprayed from airplanes(chemtrails) settles on trees and that that is what has been causing these forest fires to be worse than normal. Now I know that chemtrails are bunk, But I'm wondering if Aluminum powder would actually have that effect. Anyone know anything about this?

AD
"She drove past, backed up, ran over and did cookies on 'flirty' when she let her hair down, dropped her drawers, smiled suggestively and stuck her panty-clad ass in my direction." Evil_ATF
cmjohnson
Proud to be Snow Minion #16.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:46:24 PM EST
Powder which is fine enough to act as an effective pyrophoric would be too light to settle on trees in a sufficent concentration to yield the desired effect. It'd disperse very widely in the slightest breeze, and the resultant burn enhancing properties would be negligible.

911 troofers, flat earthers, chemtrail idiots, moon troofers, and those who really believe in astrology are the five brands of humans that are competing madly for the "most stupid kind of human" prize.

CJ
"Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark.
Now they will learn why they fear the night."....Thulsa Doom

"How are your eyes adjusting to light? It must have been dark under that rock. "..Mosin_nagant
Snow Minion
The_Reaper
WORMS...... Nom Nom Nom
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:46:31 PM EST
I wouldn't want to risk "spraying" aluminum dust.

Fuel air explosions and all...
Even my 17-month old daughter is an NRA Benefactor member
Cleatus
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:47:08 PM EST
OJNTSA
RI0T
Steady Foing Broke
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:48:12 PM EST

it does wonders when mixed with ammonium nitrate...

The tyrant is often a weak little man. He has no special qualities that set him apart from anyone else - yet the gullible idolize him. Etienne de la Boetie, circa 1550
AgentDavis
India Bravo Tango Lima
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:50:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
Powder which is fine enough to act as an effective pyrophoric would be too light to settle on trees in a sufficent concentration to yield the desired effect. It'd disperse very widely in the slightest breeze, and the resultant burn enhancing properties would be negligible.

911 troofers, flat earthers, chemtrail idiots, moon troofers, and those who really believe in astrology are the five brands of humans that are competing madly for the "most stupid kind of human" prize.

CJ

Got it. Any site or book you could point me at that would back that up?
"She drove past, backed up, ran over and did cookies on 'flirty' when she let her hair down, dropped her drawers, smiled suggestively and stuck her panty-clad ass in my direction." Evil_ATF
OiRogers
You will have to speak up, I'm naked.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:51:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2011 2:53:57 PM EST by OiRogers]

CJ

You just attacked about 2/3rds of ARFcom.

edit to add: your science ideas about dispersion and settling is correct. Fine enough aluminum powder from several miles up? Never going to settle in the mass needed to act in the manner OP questioned about.
cmjohnson
Proud to be Snow Minion #16.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:55:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By AgentDavis:

CJ

It's called a "general education in science, high school level". Common sense applied to a few basic physical principles.

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake"), it must be extremely fine.

Extremely fine aluminum powder floats on even the slightest breeze and is easily dispersed. It would not accumulate in significant
concentrations, particularly if dropped in limited quantities from fast-moving aircraft many thousands of feet overhead.

CJ

"Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark.
Now they will learn why they fear the night."....Thulsa Doom

"How are your eyes adjusting to light? It must have been dark under that rock. "..Mosin_nagant
Snow Minion
tep0583
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:07:31 PM EST
Nah, it'd have to be thermite paint.

Hugo_Stiglitz
Everyone in the German army has heard of
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:09:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

The resulting damage to aircraft probably would NOT buff out.

To the authoritarian mind, there are only two responses to a demand: submission or defiance, and anything less than total submission is defiance.
TecRsq
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:21:21 PM EST
Three words - finely divided fuels

But IMO, it would take a shit ton of it to make it burn significantly hotter or migrate faster through conduction, convection or radiation.
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
SuperJanitor
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:22:50 PM EST
You'd have a tannerite tree. Just shoot it and watch it explode!
TerribleTom
Just some dude
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:24:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By OiRogers:

CJ

edit to add: your science ideas about dispersion and settling is correct. Fine enough aluminum powder from several miles up? Never going to settle in the mass needed to act in the manner OP questioned about.

Meh, he didn't include birthers so it's probably closer to 1/3.
Don't let anybody else grind your pepper, chop your garlic or squeeze your lemons.

READ MY FOOD BLOG! http://chopyourown.blogspot.com/

You learn something new every day whether you like it or not.
David14
There is no David14 on the computer.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:26:20 PM EST
Forest fires of such ferocity would need to be managed with water free of the dangerous flouride added to public drinking water. Perhaps adding colloidal silver would help boost its effectiveness.
Sometimes you have to look for the irony, and sometimes it runs at you, head-butts you, kicks you in the balls, then bends you over and makes you its bitch.
Cincinnatus
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:28:06 PM EST
I hear that if you put wood on trees, that the trees will burn more.
Originally Posted By RustedAce: Apparently he was in the army. Which is way more gay than actually being a homosexual.
Keith_J
Veteran of Reagan Era
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:30:49 PM EST

CJ

It's called a "general education in science, high school level". Common sense applied to a few basic physical principles.

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake"), it must be extremely fine.

Extremely fine aluminum powder floats on even the slightest breeze and is easily dispersed. It would not accumulate in significant
concentrations, particularly if dropped in limited quantities from fast-moving aircraft many thousands of feet overhead.

CJ

Yep.

GD: Too much Chicken Little, not enough Gene Kranz.
AgentDavis
India Bravo Tango Lima
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:40:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

LMAO
Cleatus
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:41:05 PM EST
fire cant burn trees...
Dave15
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:49:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By Keith_J:

CJ

CJ

Yep.

Now magnesium, on the other hand, .......

BustinCaps
19.98%er
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:51:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By David14:
Forest fires of such ferocity would need to be managed with water free of the dangerous flouride added to public drinking water. Perhaps adding colloidal silver would help boost its effectiveness.

Colloidal silver is the magic wand of this age. It's so awesome a small plug of it in your bum will prevent pooping for weeks!

"If we have been evolving for millions of years the leftover bones would cover our planet.".-vepr223
RRD3
The Second Amendment is the Equal Rights Amendment
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:51:54 PM EST
Its a world wide conspiracy with millions involved in the plan... shhh... you blow it all man!
BustinCaps
19.98%er
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:52:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

What if you grind the wood and trees together? Explosive?

"If we have been evolving for millions of years the leftover bones would cover our planet.".-vepr223
Gingerbreadman
Just making it up as I go.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:54:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

Exactly. It it were like you were asking about, the air would burn too...
hushpuppy
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:54:22 PM EST
yeah ...

'cause we all know dry wood don't burn worth a fuck by itself

C-4
No Fate But What We Make
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:56:32 PM EST

CJ

CJ

+1

Not to mention the fact that if the aluminum was finely divided enough to be pyrophoric, it would ignite long before it reached the trees.
Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War. --Plato
David14
There is no David14 on the computer.
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 7:30:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:
Originally Posted By David14:

Colloidal silver is the magic wand of this age. It's so awesome a small plug of it in your bum will prevent pooping for weeks!

I've saved thousands on toilet paper!
Sometimes you have to look for the irony, and sometimes it runs at you, head-butts you, kicks you in the balls, then bends you over and makes you its bitch.
SIRIUS1
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 10:04:21 PM EST

CJ

For powdered aluminum to act as a pyrophoric (Incidentally, one name for it is "german flake dark"), it must be extremely fine.

CJ

FIFY
fefu23
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:22:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/17/2011 11:23:36 PM EST by fefu23]
Bakelite47
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:34:11 PM EST
Aluminum powder is flammable, so yes, spraying aluminum powder would cause something to burn more violently. I think you would need a lot of it to cause a noticeable difference, though.
Infallible
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:36:13 PM EST
theyre talking about this on Coast to Coast tonight. Lots of people calling. Pretty interesting.
F22_RaptoR
The Discombobulator
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:52:25 PM EST
Cmjohnson is right.

Aluminum powder will burn quite fast, BUT at the height that airplanes (jets) fly, it would be so thinly distributed it would do nothing. dust is more combustable than aluminum would be.

The weather patterns are to blame for the fires, dry trees from drought (which does happen from time to time. texas is a hot state) are almost explosively combustable.
You snorted AIDS - 82ND-ABN

"Whoa, whoa...you mean my Klorp was made in China!?!" - operatorerror
whiteshark357
Scientia es Potestas
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/18/2011 12:01:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/18/2011 12:10:12 AM EST by whiteshark357]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

CJ

My first thought after reading the op.

ETA - the seemingly intentional ignorance of rudimentary science in the mainstream populace never ceases to amaze me.
"The essence of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over, and expecting different results" - A. Einstein
"Stupid is as stupid does.... " - F. Gump
cosmo05
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/18/2011 2:05:38 AM EST

CJ

Six, you forgot moon bat liberals.

And I agree, it would be too light and nowhere near the concentation needed.
Holding my position
Waldo
World's Foremost Glock Hater
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/18/2011 2:49:07 AM EST

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it..
Dru
Embrace The Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/18/2011 3:03:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/18/2011 3:03:42 AM EST by Dru]
Most of the larger Forest/Woods/Brush fires I've ever combated never needed any help!

Just a little low humidity & wind combined with large amounts of heavy fuels .....No aluminum dust necessary!