Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Son born in 2000. Divorced his mom in 2001. Last saw my son in 2002. I pay child support every month to the state. Even though the divorce decree outlines the visitation she has never abided by it. Have sued twice in the last 8 years and each time the judge has decided he doesn't want to deal with it and has thrown out the suit. She's moved multiple time with different partners and I am not aware of here residence anymore. If I were to quit paying I'd go to jail but when she has effectively cut off all contact with my son absolutely NOTHING comes of it. It's a bunch of BS.

"Motion for contempt of court"

Each and every missed visit, file one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am supposed to be getting child support for my daughter that lives with me. been to court 4 times, she may have paid a total of 900 in 4 years. They wont even help me get my money and I have told them many times. " If it was her getting and me not paying my ass would be in jail" So see your right they hate all men

I pay. I've been paying for 14 + years. My ex is a stripper and makes more money in one night than I make in an honest, ball-busting, 40+hour week. Problem is, like most strippers, it's cash-money. In the courtroom,"I'm an unemployed, single mom with no income your honor." They get away with it. They always have and always will. Her husband makes more than me also. Between the both of them they are living DAMN good.

Over the past 12+ years. I've dated about ten single moms. ALL of them were awarded child support and NONE of them are actually recieving it. Like I always say. I am the ONLY person I know that actually pays their child support. And these deadbeats don't get thrown in jail either. They just get away with it. I wish I coud say they get thrown in jail but it seems like courthouse workers are good at nothing more than being ass-holes and angry dykes with a chip on their shoulder and alot to prove. They know they can tell you anything they want because security is on their side.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Son born in 2000. Divorced his mom in 2001. Last saw my son in 2002. I pay child support every month to the state. Even though the divorce decree outlines the visitation she has never abided by it. Have sued twice in the last 8 years and each time the judge has decided he doesn't want to deal with it and has thrown out the suit. She's moved multiple time with different partners and I am not aware of here residence anymore. If I were to quit paying I'd go to jail but when she has effectively cut off all contact with my son absolutely NOTHING comes of it. It's a bunch of BS.

Never worked for me.  Judge always let her skate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
In the interest of supporting testosterone cammaraderie, here's my 2 cents:

My ex didn't want to pay child support because "I don't want to have to go uot and get a real job, I-5Drive." I said fine. Our kid is 16 and sees him for what he is. Caving to his demands on this and most of the rest of what he wanted in the divorce got me out of the hell we were in.

I'm willing to bet the child support office workers get to see tons of people like him regularly, and men who want to support their kids are a rarity there. I'm also willing to bet most women wouldn't give up so much material stuff to get out.

Do the right thing, stand up for yourself when it counts, and don't talk smack to your kids about their other parent, no matter what.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
State was taking my money(PFD's) and giving it directly to the meth head mother and not crediting my account. Fucking lawyer charged me $900 just to look at my paperwork and tell me SHE couldn't help me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

$563 for twin 7 year old boys, and $377 for insurance, a month. Been paying since they were 2. I work with child support enforcement, and the guy is always wrong. Even the good dads that pay, get fucked over.

I pay $1,875 per month child support + health insurance + private school tuition. All of this (as you know) is after taxes I wish I was the custodial parent getting $22,500 + insurance from my ex!!!!!

I love my kids dearly and I've never missed a payment, but $1875.00 per month and I only get to see them every other weekend and 30 days in the Summer....WTF! My ex lives in a very nice home that I bought before our separation and subsequent divorce. I allowed her to stay home for 15 years while I worked my ass off. Yes, she took care of my kids and I realized that's a job in and of itself and I give her credit for it. Now she has a full time job working for her divorce attorney (yeah, I got fucked by my ex's boss). The ex drives a Lexus and doesn't pay a freaking dime towards my kids school tuition or college fund. To digress a bit further...just to poison the waters, the ex spread a bunch of rumors about me at my kids school.

Dad's are always assumed to be the bad guy and that's just fucked up. The family law circle is rigged against even the best of dads.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Dependes on where you live.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been paying the last several years.
My son will turn 18 in a few months.

For Texas, is there a process I have to start to end the wage garnishment?
...or does that stop automatically?

i'll let you know in another 9 years

I'll let you know in another 14.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't want to dredge up bad memories, so I'll just say I was paying for over a year. The ex wasn't getting the money. Attorney for CSEA called making threatening noises about putting me in jail etc. I told him I was coming over to break both his legs because if I was going to jail It was going to be for something I did. He started back pedaling & come to find out his office had misappropriated/misplaced the money. Everything was dropped no appoligies or anything. Asshole has yet to even be able to look me in the eye. I used to smile & wave every time I saw him around town.  
Thank God that chapter in my life is over!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
<––- Is sooooo happy I got snipped, no kids = no future child support!

That's not necessarily true.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:04:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Dependes on where you live.

My judge actually cares about BOTH parents raising their kids.

Oddly enough, her name is Judge Lawless...
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parenting Time complaint form

In my county you file a complaint and they send it along to the other party and give them a fixed amount of time to respond. If there is no response, or it's BS, it'll go to a hearing. If the other party doesn't show then it goes downhill fast for them. As in "judgement for contempt of court and a bench warrant." It's such an automated process, done by referees, that all the judge ever sees (unless the other party contests the judgement) is a paper to sign off on.

A disappearing Mom would be bad juju for the mother here in my county if the father were to just fill out the paperwork.

More paperwork
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
  Over the past 12+ years. I've dated about ten single moms. ALL of them were awarded child support and NONE of them are actually recieving it. Like I always say. I am the ONLY person I know that actually pays their child support. And these deadbeats don't get thrown in jail either. They just get away with it.

Here's the thing.... the guys who are at least somewhat responsible, have decent jobs and seem to care about the kids.... THAT's who the courts and bureaucracy goes after, because they know they're gonna get the money.

The deadbeat part-time carnie worker or the guy who occasionally does roofing for cash under the table?   The courts couldn't care less about them.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hate those bitches at the child support office.  Those are the most man-hating cunts I've ever come across.  Dealing with them for 10 years and I still fantasize about reaching over the table or through the phone and just throttling their ugly, fat necks.

Is there any reason they have to be so evil?  Is there some reason why they have no problem breaking the rules for the mother but they play government toughguy with fathers?

Post something about how you're getting abused too so I'm not raging alone.

Some people can't process the fact that one bad man does not = all men are bad. I have seen some real pieces of work... and I have seen some really great men get fucked over.

It's bitterness, and misguided vengeance. People waste so much energy being nasty. Can you imagine if instead of dishing out shit, they made an effort to better the lives of others? Try bringing joy to the world instead of bile?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Fundamental "truths" of the child support system.

1 The state is worried that they will have to foot the bill for raising the kid.

2 having a man, any man, foot the bill instead of the state is acceptable.

3 All women are fundamentally good mothers.

4 All men are fundamentally bad fathers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate those bitches at the child support office.  Those are the most man-hating cunts I've ever come across.  Dealing with them for 10 years and I still fantasize about reaching over the table or through the phone and just throttling their ugly, fat necks.

Is there any reason they have to be so evil?  Is there some reason why they have no problem breaking the rules for the mother but they play government toughguy with fathers?

So, do you frequently have fantasies of violence directed at women who force you to take responsibility for you life choices?  Or do you harbor sociopathological rage against all women?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#19]
this is a lessons learned in sticking your dick in the crazy.....

when you get that tingling sensation in your man dangles. Hit it again and again until it goes away.

Woman....nothing but trouble, and nothing good comes from it.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, do you frequently have fantasies of violence directed at women who force you to take responsibility for you life choices?  Or do you harbor sociopathological rage against all women?

Did you read the rest of this thread?

I think the fantasies are warranted...
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I have full custody of my son, since the mother is a POS.  When they awarded me custody they said I wont get child supports since she is on welfare and doesn't work I would never see any money anyway.  So he is 9 now and she has never paid a dime for him.  Also she was awarded supervised visitation, the catch I had to pay for someone from the state to supervise the visits!  Luckily she only showed up for like 5 or so visits and haven't heard from her since.

Also I think I'll start looking into getting the old snip.  Hopefully it isn't to pricey.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've made 2 mistakes in Child Support the past 10 years due to inexperience with The System™  

1) Made a payment to X-Wife via personal check. CS collections department sent me a cordial letter explaining that any money I give directly to the childs mother is considered by them to be a GIFT!!!! I then figured out those payment slips they mailed me every month were to be used for sending that very same check to them, not her.

2) Once went almost 3 weeks without mailing in any payment. I had the cash in my checking account, so it wasnt a matter of not having it, but more I got lazy and figured send it all in one check at months end. Not good. Got my bank account locked, and to top it off, had several bills bounce, mortgage late, and the cherry topping was having to pay my bank a $100 fee to unlock my own account  When I called the friendly folks at the child support office, they said bank accounts get locked at $300 maximum!!!! Those cockholsters dont fuck around! They threeten to revoke DL's, passports, pistol permits, professional licsenses, any and all goverment documents, etc. at the drop of a hat.

Lessons learned, the hard way. I take pride in my parental duty of financial support, and loathe the deadbeat parents that make us all look bad. But truth is sometimes its an almost unbearable price to pay during some times in life.

This one always gets me. Take away their means of earning an income to ensure future payments.
DERP!

Day one of nightmare:
I switched jobs and my support orders were re-issued to my new employer. I looked at my paycheck and yep, there was the money being withheld for my current support (and arrears). Cool as a smoothie on a hot Georgia afternoon, right? Nope. It seems that somehow the payments were short by $9 a month. I received a letter from the Georgia support Nazis that stated my DL was to be suspended because of this. Geez, here we go....so I called 'em up. I spoke to two representatives that told me that there was nothing they could do for me unless I paid the FULL arrears by the date on the letter that was sent to me. (30 days was the payment timeline they required). I received the letter with two weeks to go. I freaked out. I tried to explain that I wasn't contesting the payments....just trying to get this all straightened out and get on with my life. They could care less as far as helping me to fix this. I offered to send a check for the total of the delinquent funds.....a total of around  $45. They kept saying that they needed a check for $35,000. Yeah, right. I jokingly asked if they were coming to lock me up next. Affirmative, Sir. I was pretty pissed.....screw it. COME AND GET ME!
Day two of nightmare:  
In steps my wife.  (She's pissed). She calls our Congressman and State Rep's office. She explains that since the amount of the payment as well as the type of payment is completely out of my control.....why am I punished if someone else makes a mistake on getting the funds to where they need to go? Also, since she's a stay at home Mom...when they lock me up; what is she supposed to do with our 3 1/2 year old daughter? A house payment that won't wait on me? Our groceries? Since they said that our vehicle registration (license plates) would be revoked and we are BOTH on the title....how could she even drive?????
The State Rep said he would get back to her.
He showed up at our home a couple of hours later to get copies of the letter that was sent to me.
Day Five of nightmare:
I received a call from the Georgia Support Office. I don't know what my State Rep did.....but my butt was kissed by the person on the other end of the phone. License suspension was pulled.....no more problems and she COULD NOT believe that this all happened over $9 a month.

Call your State Representative if you get caught up in a screwed up issue like mine. If you just don't plan on paying.....he can't help you.
PS:
I love my wife.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My fantasies were far more of a coc violation. My ex was working VERY hard to keep our son to herself. Had the court workers enabled her plan to the point that I wasn't a father anymore, well, let's just say you don't want to leave a person with nothing more to lose.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I lucked out...  Joint legal and physical custody 50/50 split.  No child support.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My fantasies were far more of a coc violation. My ex was working VERY hard to keep our son to herself. Had the court workers enabled her plan to the point that I wasn't a father anymore, well, let's just say you don't want to leave a person with nothing more to lose.

I remember you talking about it in length a while back. *air hug*
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I'm going to get a vasectomy ASAP after reading this thread.

True wisdom is learning from others mistakes

(no kids here)

Speed

I've been on the fence about getting snipped for months now. This thread has seriously removed the last of my doubts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Seems like a fucked up system. Which I guess is about normal for anything .gov related. But this seems even more so then normal.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Effective immediately, this thread has inspired me to take a blood vow of celibacy, now and forever.  

I got 99 problems, but a bitch won't be one.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Effective immediately, this thread has inspired me to take a blood vow of celibacy, now and forever.  

You could always just bone M2F post opps.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#31]
my ex wife refused to involve dss in her child support. my attorney told her that she had to inform her that if she did not go through dss and I quit paying she would have to sue me for support using her own money. my ex wife's reply was ; "I trust him way more than I could ever trust the DSS, those worthless ass hole's sole purpose is destroying lives."

I lmfao. she then went on to explain that friends have had delayed payments, dss takes 4%, and that she knows I always put my kids first.

my ex after being married to me for 10 years had gotten the whole, "don't invite the man into your life".

the bitch judge that granted divorce was aggravated and could not understand my ex's decision.

so guys,its not all stormy skys.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are childless and had a vasectomy?

I'm giving it serious thought. I'll probably leave the window open another 2 years or so, but once I get north of 35, I want NO chance of ever getting stuck with a freakin' kid...

I've heard it's reversible.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$563 for twin 7 year old boys, and $377 for insurance, a month. Been paying since they were 2. I work with child support enforcement, and the guy is always wrong. Even the good dads that pay, get fucked over.

I pay $1,875 per month child support + health insurance + private school tuition. All of this (as you know) is after taxes I wish I was the custodial parent getting $22,500 + insurance from my ex!!!!!

I love my kids dearly and I've never missed a payment, but $1875.00 per month and I only get to see them every other weekend and 30 days in the Summer....WTF! My ex lives in a very nice home that I bought before our separation and subsequent divorce. I allowed her to stay home for 15 years while I worked my ass off. Yes, she took care of my kids and I realized that's a job in and of itself and I give her credit for it. Now she has a full time job working for her divorce attorney (yeah, I got fucked by my ex's boss). The ex drives a Lexus and doesn't pay a freaking dime towards my kids school tuition or college fund. To digress a bit further...just to poison the waters, the ex spread a bunch of rumors about me at my kids school.

Dad's are always assumed to be the bad guy and that's just fucked up. The family law circle is rigged against even the best of dads.

i'm paying 900 a month for one plus 135 for insurance. i get him half the time. i see him less i go to court and have it adjusted to the dss standard of 350 a month. lol

eta; i still come out ahead everymonth than when i was married. funny huh?
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#34]
My horror story:  a few years ago I paid two months support at once. Fast forward to the 12th of the next month. I'm driving from the hardware store towards my house. County sheriff car lights me up. I pull over, as it happens, right in front of the county jail. Deputy asks for my paperwork, , tells me my plate is obscured with snow  While I dug through my glovebox for my insurance he went to his patrol car and ran my license. I find my insurance card and he walks back up and asks me to step out of the vehicle. He says " turn around a place your hands behind your back, you're under arrest". I asked why and he says I have a bench warrant.
   So I got escorted across the street and into the jail. Processed, strip searched, orange jumpsuit, the whole shebang. I spent three days there before I got to see a judge. Somehow because I paid two months at once it showed I didn't make the next months payment. I'll never do that again
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could always just bone M2F post opps.

Does that count as "gay?"

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My horror story:  a few years ago I paid two months support at once. Fast forward to the 12th of the next month. I'm driving from the hardware store towards my house. County sheriff car lights me up. I pull over, as it happens, right in front of the county jail. Deputy asks for my paperwork, , tells me my plate is obscured with snow  While I dug through my glovebox for my insurance he went to his patrol car and ran my license. I find my insurance card and he walks back up and asks me to step out of the vehicle. He says " turn around a place your hands behind your back, you're under arrest". I asked why and he says I have a bench warrant.
   So I got escorted across the street and into the jail. Processed, strip searched, orange jumpsuit, the whole shebang. I spent three days there before I got to see a judge. Somehow because I paid two months at once it showed I didn't make the next months payment. I'll never do that again

wow really?

my father always paid twice the amount he was ordered too to my mother. when i moved in with him when i was 14 dss tried to make my mother pay all the over payments back! it took them a year to sort out that my father didn't want the money. the fucking dss sole purpose is to fuck people over, i swear. in ohio it don't matter if you are a man or a woman.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be a drug dealler with nothing registered in your name and they won't do a damn thing about it in NC. My stepsons real father is behind about $17,000 in child support and the childsupport office here says there is nothing they can do. They cant find him. But my step son still goes over to his house every other weekend. They just fuck over the people that try and live up to their end of the bargin, not the people that really need to be fucked over. That would be to difficult for them I guess.

In Michigan, I've known the courts to MAKE a guy get a "legit" job just so they can garnish his check.

"Mr. Fucktard, as you're presently unemployed you have plenty of free time to seek gainful employment. Here's a form you must fill outshowing that you have turned in no less than four job applications per day. If you fail to comply you will be jailed for no less than 90 days. GTFO and get your sorry ass to work."

They can lean on deadbeats "extra special" here.

Please don't take this the wrong way as you sound like a nice guy, but I always thought of MI as a liberal shit-hole full of hippies, baby-boomers and muslims. Just doesn't seem like THEY, of all states, would impose that kind of law. FYI, I have plenty of friends from MI, so I don't think I'm just talking out of my ass here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Loss of freedom due to bureaucratic screw up.

This is where I wis hgovernment couldn't grand themselves immunity. They should be handing you a check when you leave jail, and pay for the tow and impound.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Be a drug dealler with nothing registered in your name and they won't do a damn thing about it in NC. My stepsons real father is behind about $17,000 in child support and the childsupport office here says there is nothing they can do. They cant find him. But my step son still goes over to his house every other weekend. They just fuck over the people that try and live up to their end of the bargin, not the people that really need to be fucked over. That would be to difficult for them I guess.

In Michigan, I've known the courts to MAKE a guy get a "legit" job just so they can garnish his check.

"Mr. Fucktard, as you're presently unemployed you have plenty of free time to seek gainful employment. Here's a form you must fill outshowing that you have turned in no less than four job applications per day. If you fail to comply you will be jailed for no less than 90 days. GTFO and get your sorry ass to work."

They can lean on deadbeats "extra special" here.

Please don't take this the wrong way as you sound like a nice guy, but I always thought of MI as a liberal shit-hole full of hippies, baby-boomers and muslims. Just doesn't seem like THEY, of all states, would impose that kind of law. FYI, I have plenty of friends from MI, so I don't think I'm just talking out of my ass here.

I can only go by my own personal experience and by what's happened to my friends.

My county is actually pretty good about distinguishing good and bad people. Those who are in a position to do the right thing seem to want to do it (there are a couple exceptions, of course, but integrity usually wins by the time all of it gets before my judge).

And yes, some parts of Michigan are leftist shitholes. I don't live in Flint or Detroit, so I'm in an okay area. Even though Lansing is largely Democrat, it's still pretty pro-gun conservative.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are childless and had a vasectomy?  
Some people don't want kids.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A $168,000 down and only $53,000 to go.

Ouch!

Reason number 3,427 I didn't have kids.

That's just CS, does not include 60% of ALL other expenses. And everything apprently is an other expense.

Damn, man, judge really blew out your O-ring, didn't he?

I also lost out on $80k equity in the house. She got all the household goods.

My lawyer fucked me $7500 in legal fees, NEVER EVER give your lawyer cash money to hold in trust. All of the sudden this will only cost $1.5k turns into every penny you gave him. And no it was not a massive court battle.

I found that out over $5000 a long time ago.  It's funny how the legal fees are so exact...

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'm going to get a vasectomy ASAP after reading this thread.

Dont walk...RUN to the doctors office.

for real... this kind of crap scares the hell out of me
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can tell you that in IL, if the father is employed by the company his well-off parents own, they can do whatever the hell they want with his salary and screw the mother out of what she should be getting. Over a 50% salary reduction, yet still has a company car, takes trips to FL, Canada, and India multiple times a year, put a new inground pool in the house his broke fiancee somehow managed to buy, etc....  The court system in this country is fucked up, plain and simple. Don't even get me started on how long it takes to actually come to a conclusion on anything. What really sucks is it's usually the decent person getting screwed, be it the mother or father.

I see no problem with this...

My mother had to pay child support for me and my brother. My dad used the money for beer and toys. I ate bologna and white bread.

So you see no problem with the father continuing to live the lifestyle of someone making $120k plus a year, while being paid under the table and claiming he makes less than $50k to cut his child support obligation in over half? Did I forget to mention that the useless asshole has chosen not to even see or talk to his 3 kids for over 2 years now? I can tell you all the support money goes directly towards providing for the kids, not living lavishly.

IMO child support should be capped at the rate the average person pays to raise a child.   So the guy that makes $120,000,000,000 a month would only pay the same as a guy who makes $30,000 a year.

Child support should not be a free money ride.  It should offset the cost of raising a kid.

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I ended up paying just about $90,000 over 18 years. UT said I was like $5K behind when it was calculated at the end, CA said it was $87,000. CA charged day care and child care and used some disgusting interest rate. The bigger issue was that neither of us was a CA resident for many, many years, and she never once allowed a visit, but that was all OK as long as they got their payment. It's called NON CUSTODIAL DISCRIMINATION to take a divorce decree, decide you are going to enforce the parts pertaining to her, and not the other party's rights. Was her credit marked for not allowing visitation? no. Was mine for missing a few payments over the years? Yes, twice in the Judgment area of my credit AND twice in the open credit case section.

Turns out she never got her shit together, is still a bitter piece of shit, and took a $5,000 settlement check to go away forever and dismiss all claims. She was desperate and that seemed like a lot of money I guess.

If a government agency is going to get involved and enforce a private party's contract or decree, they need to offer the same service for the non-custodial parent.

As for all the other claims, it's pretty simple to keep your own records based on pay stubs showing a garnishment, or to get the records from the ORS themselves. Either they keep track, or don't. Not much room for error on the state's part. They just enforce the support order in the decree or what the other state says they need to collect. One state must honor another's order.

Non-Custodial Discrimination. My son was the real loser for not getting to know me sooner or learn many things from me that he learned from others.....like shooting. I will be giving him continuing lessons, however.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The courts tried to slam my old man for child support for me when my parents divorced in the 80s. My mother and him bolth fought it togather. He lived about 2 miles away , gave her cash every other week when he came to get me and they worked togather like responsable adults.  SHe was well educated with multiple degrees and saw no reason for an issue.

Hell when they got divorced her lawyer and the judge tried to go all asshole on my father (who had said she can have anything and everything she wants. Her lawyer started demanding things like he was going to FIGHT for what was her. She fired her lawyer.

When he moved out he sent her to pick out new furniture. He took the old stuff. All was well. Scum sucking bottom feeding lawyers and the court system along with liberal fuck tards are way more of a problem than the actual couples getting a divorce in alot of cases.

good points.

the lawyers have rigged the system by placing couples in immediate and constant conflict.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#46]
in mother Russia child pay you support
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay your child support and you won't have to deal with them!

I have always paid that ransom.  They keep making mistakes and fucking things up as only government workers can do.

Withdrawn...no reason to stir up the hornets.
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pay your child support and you won't have to deal with them!

I have always paid that ransom.  They keep making mistakes and fucking things up as only government workers can do.

Withdrawn...no reason to stir up the hornets.

Yeah, and plenty of women keep said children around as a fucking meal ticket, while ignoring their duty to raise the child.

Too late.  I has seen it
Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#49]
I want to proudly state that my brothers divorce last week ended in her paying HIM C/S..

Link Posted: 5/11/2011 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I pay that for one kid every two weeks.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top