Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like ol Bob Kubica may get rushed a bit if he is going to try to come back next year....  Renault wants to know if he can do it, honestly so do I....

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-renault-impose-october-deadline-for-kubica-return/
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks like ol Bob Kubica may get rushed a bit if he is going to try to come back next year....  Renault wants to know if he can do it, honestly so do I....

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-renault-impose-october-deadline-for-kubica-return/

they should not rush him but I do understand they want to have this settled.

I hope he will race if not for Renault perhaps some place else

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually see this as a way to screw Kubica, so they can keep Senna.  After all, Senna I bet brings more money than Kubica  We know ol money bags Petrov ain't going anywhere
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually see this as a way to screw Kubica, so they can keep Senna.  After all, Senna I bet brings more money than Kubica  We know ol money bags Petrov ain't going anywhere

Kubica hasn't driven anything since his accident and his final surgery was a matter of "will he have use of his arm" ..... he really has no chance. I like Kubica, but I totally understand Renault's position. That said, Senna doesn't really stand a chance in hell of keeping his seat for next year. Eric Boullier (Renault team principal) runs the management team that represents Romain Grosjean.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/f1-romain-grosjean-now-ready-for-f1-return-says-eric-boullier/

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kubica hasn't driven anything since his accident and his final surgery was a matter of "will he have use of his arm" ..... he really has no chance. I like Kubica, but I totally understand Renault's position. That said, Senna doesn't really stand a chance in hell of keeping his seat for next year. Eric Boullier (Renault team principal) runs the management team that represents Romain Grosjean.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/f1-romain-grosjean-now-ready-for-f1-return-says-eric-boullier/

Yeah, then Renault will have 2 drivers that never really earned there way into F1.  I mean Grosjean has won the GP2 title this year, and is a decent driver, but he ain't exactly hot shit, and Petrov, hell when he was in GP2 he hit everything in sight  Maybe when Renault figures out you should hire talent instead of money, they may get somewhere  I guess talent don't make the team any money though...
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Awwwww....pay-to-drive Drivers...

Anybody remember Andrea deCrasherus?
That guy was around for years!  I think  His Daddy owned the largest line of food stores in Brazil or something.

No matter how crappy a driver can be, I have to remind Myself that They are probably a  lot better at it than Me.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Just watched a pretty good Q&A interview with Peter Windsor, and Petrov over on Speed's website Link here
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#8]
This Singapore GP looks very cool.

And the cars look magnificent under the lights
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 9:13:40 AM EDT
[#9]
this season qualifiyiing sessions are fucking boring......
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought it was curious that the top ten cars in qualifying all ended up being team cars and all lining up next to each other;

- two Red Bull's in row 1

- two McClaren's in row 2

- two Ferrari's in row 3

- two Mercedes in row 4

- two Force India's in row 5

Link Posted: 9/24/2011 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought it was curious that the top ten cars in qualifying all ended up being team cars and all lining up next to each other;
- two Red Bull's in row 1
- two McClaren's in row 2
- two Ferrari's in row 3
- two Mercedes in row 4
- two Force India's in row 5

Wait a min...  Some people told me pilots make the real difference ???

Lets be honest... in F1, the car is 80% of the final result..

I feel like the 7 or 8 top pilots would win the championship with this year's RB...
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+1 and the races are getting that way
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and the races have been are getting that way for a while as well...

ftfy

m

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]
So did anybody watch?

Typical 2011 race:

Vettel - class of the field, untouchable

Button - best of the rest

Hamilton - continues to be his own worst enemy

Webber - another craptacular start

Alonso - another beautiful start, but the car can't match McLaren or RB

Massa - can't get out of his own way (I know, hit by Hamilton, but getting lapped in a Ferrari? )
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and the races have been are getting that way for a while as well...

ftfy

m

force redbull to add 500lbs to their cars

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So did anybody watch?

Typical 2011 race:

Massa - can't get out of his own way (I know, hit by Hamilton, but getting lapped in a Ferrari? )

Couldn't have summed it better myself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#17]
My summery of the race:

Start:

Hamilton running into Massa:

Shumi and Perez:

Rest of race:
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So did anybody watch?

Typical 2011 race:

+1

Very nice summary.

Its hard to believe that McLaren doesn't kick Hamilton to the curb. He absolutely blasted the team again after qualifying and then goes out and throws away any chance he had in yet ANOTHER race. He lucked out with the safety car or he would not have been in the points. What kind of driver asks he team over the radio if "we're still racing for points"? I think if I'd been sitting on the pit wall I might have just told hiim to bring the car in and save it for the next race. With another driver. Maybe that would get his attention.

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
So did anybody watch?

Typical 2011 race:

+1

Very nice summary.

Its hard to believe that McLaren doesn't kick Hamilton to the curb. He absolutely blasted the team again after qualifying and then goes out and throws away any chance he had in yet ANOTHER race. He lucked out with the safety car or he would not have been in the points. What kind of driver asks he team over the radio if "we're still racing for points"? I think if I'd been sitting on the pit wall I might have just told hiim to bring the car in and save it for the next race. With another driver. Maybe that would get his attention.

Him and Massa also got into it after the race too, according to a article I read on Speed's site.

I can't wait till another driver comes along, and Mclaren kicks ol Hamy out and no one wants him because he's a asshole, I think I might point and laugh

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
So did anybody watch?

Typical 2011 race:

+1

Very nice summary.

Him and Massa also got into it after the race too, according to a article I read on Speed's site.

I can't wait till another driver comes along, and Mclaren kicks ol Hamy out and no one wants him because he's a asshole, I think I might point and laugh

I never likes Hamilton and the more I see the more I do not like him.
He will be a driver that nobody will ever talk about once he will be out of F1

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Both Hamilton and Massa ought to be concerned about their futures.  Hamilton is fast but has a terrible attitude.  Massa just isn't fast enough for a top team anymore.

Very nice work by DiResta in the Force India.  He could be the next big star if he gets into a top car.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I was pretty impressed with Button's performance, but I think that if Vettel really pushed, he would have been 20 seconds ahead at the end.  

It seems to me that Vettel will be World Champion this year, next year and the year after that.  He is in a class by himself.  If the team stays together, he is unstoppable.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't know if this has been posted yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tEHQJn_hxo

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#24]

They showed a few bits of it on SPEED during the Singapore coverage, but that's the first I have seen the whole thing
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They showed a few bits of it on SPEED during the Singapore coverage, but that's the first I have seen the whole thing

It looks like Coulthard was the first driver in an F1 car round the Austin track. Albiet at a much slower pace than normal. What kind of suspension and tires would you use on a dirt track with a F1 car!?! Hard to believe they'd actually have a setting for it, but if anyone would, it'd be Red Bull!
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like Coulthard was the first driver in an F1 car round the Austin track. Albiet at a much slower pace than normal. What kind of suspension and tires would you use on a dirt track with a F1 car!?! Hard to believe they'd actually have a setting for it, but if anyone would, it'd be Red Bull!

Look at that, Red Bull getting data for the Austin track already, how unfair
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Look at that, Red Bull getting data for the Austin track already, how unfair

I was thinking someone will file a protest over this for just that reason.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Tom Cruise took that same car off-road again later that same week(~3:40)

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Tom Cruise took that same car off-road again later that same week(~3:40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyW8FdzH9dg

I can only imagine the damage that ingesting that much raw dirt has done to that engine and drivetrain.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm disappointed and a little bit taken aback that that is the final product they came up with. I honestly can't believe Red Bull signed off on that.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was thinking someone will file a protest over this for just that reason.

Probably HRT or Virgin. You know - one of the real front-runners.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Really, I mean they know the elevation of the turns now, and the layout of the turns

I demand they re-draw the blueprints of the track now
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd like to know how Vettel BLEW past Alonso in Italy.  Did you guys see how fast he passed him?  That car is unreal, as is Vettel.  I only like Ferrari.  All others please explode.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry DT
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's and update on Robert Kubica from F1Live24:

Kubica suffered massive trauma in a rally accident back in February,
which included multiple fractures and a partially severed right hand.
Despite his horrific injuries, the Lotus Renault GP driver has stated
several times that he wants to return to F1 with plans in place to get
him behind back behind the wheel in November.
One man who believes it is possible is Dr Riccardo Ceccarelli, who has
been overseeing Kubica's rehabilitation.
"I would say with certainty that Robert will be a F1 driver in 2012,"
Ceccarelli told Italy's Omnicorse. "I cannot say when he will be ready,
but it will be between the months of November and January.
"The nerves sensitivity has already arrived at his finger tips, do not
forget that in the incident he suffered injury to two of the three
nerves in addition to the severing of tendons and muscles. He had lost
feeling from the wrist to the fingers.
"But healing is gradual."
However, Ceccarelli did concede that at present Kubica is not able to
drive as the Pole has an external fixator on his leg, which aids the
recovery.
"Yes, it is true," he said, "Robert still has an external fixator on his
leg, which suffered two fractures so he cannot drive a vehicle.
"The bone calcification is proceeding and this is very positive because
in 70 percent of similar cases to this calcification is not the case!
"We are not rushing to remove the fixator, the longer the better. And as
we are waiting for the healing of the hand and elbow there is no
hurry."
The doctor, though, firmly believes there is now nothing standing in the
way - at least physically - of Kubica making a comeback next season.
"We are not able to predict a precise date because nature must take its
course as is evident: the muscle have been inactive for months and must
recover tone and strength.
"But the big question - if he can drive in F1 again - has gone."

It would appear things are looking good for Kubica to return and that's its just a matter of time before we see him back in a F1 car. I for one think he can do and will. How well he does is anyone's guess. At least it looks like he's going to actually be able to do though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#37]

that is funny as hell

I sure hope they will rip him a new one

it like the sentence "he is still young and learning" shit he has a championship under his belt he should not be so stupid in his driving
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 and the races are getting have been that way for years

FIFY.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

that is funny as hell

I sure hope they will rip him a new one

it like the sentence "he is still young and learning" shit he has a championship under his belt he should not be so stupid in his driving

I hope it does happen.........but, I'm willing to bet it's just bullshit dreamed up by an Italian paper.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY.

truth..

FIA:"HEY! lets open up a thingy in the wing so the car behind gains speed! thatll make F1 worth watching again!"
Teams: "alright guys, the FIA has foisted yet another idiotic gimmick on us...  i want you to work to make it obsolete."

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Really, I mean they know the elevation of the turns now, and the layout of the turns

I demand they re-draw the blueprints of the track now

As if there's any surprise lying in wait on any Herman Tilke-designed track...

Also, that's VERY encouraging news about Robert Kubica. I'm ready to he him back in F1.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:32:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Ignore this. Fat fingers.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY.

truth..

FIA:"HEY! lets open up a thingy in the wing so the car behind gains speed! thatll make F1 worth watching again!"
Teams: "alright guys, the FIA has foisted yet another idiotic gimmick on us...  i want you to work to make it obsolete."

I think if they'd do some tweaks on the aero rules things would heat up in terms of passing. Smaller single element front wings with no end plates and center mounted single element rear wings, no end plates. Also no protruding aero elements on the bodywork, so no more little fins sticking out all over the place. KERS and DRS are a joke. The whole idea that F1 should somehow be green is ludicrous. Maybe add an engine rule where if you run a V-12 it can only be 2 liters, a 10 2.5, an 8 3, etc.

F1 is supposed to be the ultimate series in terms of cars, drivers and engines. It used to be. It should be again.

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY.

truth..

I think if they'd do some tweaks on the aero rules things would heat up in terms of passing. Smaller single element front wings with no end plates and center mounted single element rear wings, no end plates. Also no protruding aero elements on the bodywork, so no more little fins sticking out all over the place. KERS and DRS are a joke. The whole idea that F1 should somehow be green is ludicrous. Maybe add an engine rule where if you run a V-12 it can only be 2 liters, a 10 2.5, an 8 3, etc.

F1 is supposed to be the ultimate series in terms of cars, drivers and engines. It used to be. It should be again.

this is what I miss. I had so much fun watching the races back in the days when they did not have these stupid rules.
1 tire supplier - Engine rules are stupid. I enjoyed they day when somebody blew an engine in the race - KERS and DRS I have to agree as BS. I want to see stops with refueling again.

it sure is a shame

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FIFY.

truth..

this is what I miss. I had so much fun watching the races back in the days when they did not have these stupid rules.

1 tire supplier - Engine rules are stupid. I enjoyed they day when somebody blew an engine in the race - KERS and DRS I have to agree as BS. I want to see stops with refueling again.

it sure is a shame

I'm on the fence about this. No refueling was the way F1 ran for decades. It used to be that if you came into the pits your race was over. That said, its somewhat ironic that Nascar can do pit stop with one floor jack and gas cans without killing someone. F1 uses high volume helicopter refueling systems and has drivers leaving with the hose still attached. This is part of the reason that ALL endurance race pit stops are dead engine.

My wife is pissed they quit doing refueling stops. You don't want to know what she thinks about the current tire situation. Let's just say lots or swearing and me standing in front of the TV to intercept flying objects is involved. The whole klag thing is bullshit. I've been in 8 and 12 hour endurance races where this was never a problem.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY.

truth..

it sure is a shame

I'm on the fence about this. No refueling was the way F1 ran for decades. It used to be that if you came into the pits your race was over. That said, its somewhat ironic that Nascar can do pit stop with one floor jack and gas cans without killing someone. F1 uses high volume helicopter refueling systems and has drivers leaving with the hose still attached. This is part of the reason that ALL endurance race pit stops are dead engine.

My wife is pissed they quit doing refueling stops. You don't want to know what she thinks about the current tire situation. Let's just say lots or swearing and me standing in front of the TV to intercept flying objects is involved. The whole klag thing is bullshit. I've been in 8 and 12 hour endurance races where this was never a problem.

yes the build up of the rubber is sure crazy. Never seen this before. They should have 2 suppliers no just one for me this does not make any sense at all.

Wait till next year when they implement the new tire rules smaller front. That will be interesting. Get a screen for your TV so your wife will not kill it next season

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I hate the Pirelli's too, mostly because how bad the Ferrari is on them.

As for having more than one tire brand, remember that Michelin, and years before Goodyear, left F1 on their own decisions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Was watching a bit of the practice session this morning. They showed some video of Vettel going through the 130R with the DRS slot open! To me this just shows how over winged the F1 cars really are.
Link Posted: 10/7/2011 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#49]
wow that was one awesome Pole Vettle took away from Hamilton

nice very nice

Vettle and Button next to each other in the race tomorrow.

I can not wait to see this Race. I hope it will be a great one

Link Posted: 10/7/2011 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#50]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! GOD DAMNIT VETTEL! .006 seconds asdkgjbiuvsdvudf FUCKing god damnit hamilton you retard!
Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top