User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 537
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:09:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: niteghost] [#1]
Originally Posted By sixnine:
Originally Posted By Kevyn:
Here's an interesting tidbit related to F&F... gun control

http://bigjournalism.com/bshapiro/2012/02/21/ows-letter-to-the-editor-in-usa-today-we-will-storm-wall-street-with-guns/

Basically, some 'occupy' fag boy herp derped about exercising their 2A rights and bringing rifles to their next demonstration... that right there is a recipe for disaster so bad I can barely even allow my mind to spin up the consequences.

First time shots ring out and a cop or bystander drops... all bets are off. Occupy will have done what the regime and ATF couldn't achieve by murdering Mexicans and federal agents.

Just in case no one has noticed, the 'occupy' crowd has spent the last few months 'hyper-organizing' for this summers demonstrations. They're well funded, union approved and ready to roll.

There's a 'regional conference' scheduled for St. Louis in March... these fuckers are serious and 'under the radar'.

Fuckem. You can't squash a zit til it comes to a head.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

True, but as alphaJ said, it will create the perfect storm the likes of which the ATF could not manufacture with F&F and would almost certainly become the tip of the spear plunged into the 2ndA.  Hell, that scenario may all be part of the plan of the radical left that is organizing and using the Occupy movement.

ETA:manufacture with F&F

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Thanks to folks like you, they are not as under the radar as they would like.

Here's a kinda OT question - What has Van Jones been up to, and why is Pelosi trying to launder him?

I know he recently spoke at California's DNC convention. He has said just last that we ain't seen nothing yet. He is still involved with the Tides foundation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jfor:

Thanks to folks like you, they are not as under the radar as they would like.

Here's a kinda OT question - What has Van Jones been up to, and why is Pelosi trying to launder him?

I know he recently spoke at California's DNC convention. He has said just last that we ain't seen nothing yet. He is still involved with the Tides foundation.

He is being "re-introduced" as a nicer, calmer voice to help lead the Occupy movement.

Keep tabs on him as he will be very pivotal in what happens this summer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:04:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Garryowen] [#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
KYPD

And we should probably quit hijacking this thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Garryowen:
Originally Posted By niteghost:

http://bigjournalism.com/bshapiro/2012/02/21/ows-letter-to-the-editor-in-usa-today-we-will-storm-wall-street-with-guns/

Basically, some 'occupy' fag boy herp derped about exercising their 2A rights and bringing rifles to their next demonstration... that right there is a recipe for disaster so bad I can barely even allow my mind to spin up the consequences.

First time shots ring out and a cop or bystander drops... all bets are off. Occupy will have done what the regime and ATF couldn't achieve by murdering Mexicans and federal agents.

Just in case no one has noticed, the 'occupy' crowd has spent the last few months 'hyper-organizing' for this summers demonstrations. They're well funded, union approved and ready to roll.

There's a 'regional conference' scheduled for St. Louis in March... these fuckers are serious and 'under the radar'.

True, but as alphaJ said, it will create the perfect storm the likes of which the ATF could not manufacture and would almost certainly become the tip of the spear plunged into the 2ndA.  Hell, that scenario may all be part of the plan of the radical left that is organizing and using the Occupy movement.

Hardly, I think they could and would manufacture that... Ever notice how the FBI "thwarts" a terrorist attack and "catches" a "terrorist"? When the story comes out after the guy is sentenced to 100 years in prison, that this "terrorist" never actually ever spoke with anyone in PLO/Alkida/Etc, it was all a FBI sting. They find some mildly retarded angry asshole in a chat room someplace and talk him into being a terrorist and provide him with everything, then "catch" him on his way to pull the job with his fake bomb they gave him.

How hard would it be to find some bi-polar smack-head in the "Occupy" movement to do something stupid? There was already one incident with some guy in a suit showing up at one of the protests and popping off some shots, but it didn't get much traction in the press for some reason...

Just to be clear, the occupy scenario could create the perfect storm that ATF failed to create with F&F, is what I was trying to say.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]

True, but as alphaJ said, it will create the perfect storm the likes of which the ATF could not manufacture and would almost certainly become the tip of the spear plunged into the 2ndA.  Hell, that scenario may all be part of the plan of the radical left that is organizing and using the Occupy movement.

Hardly, I think they could and would manufacture that... Ever notice how the FBI "thwarts" a terrorist attack and "catches" a "terrorist"? When the story comes out after the guy is sentenced to 100 years in prison, that this "terrorist" never actually ever spoke with anyone in PLO/Alkida/Etc, it was all a FBI sting. They find some mildly retarded angry asshole in a chat room someplace and talk him into being a terrorist and provide him with everything, then "catch" him on his way to pull the job with his fake bomb they gave him.

How hard would it be to find some bi-polar smack-head in the "Occupy" movement to do something stupid? There was already one incident with some guy in a suit showing up at one of the protests and popping off some shots, but it didn't get much traction in the press for some reason...

Just to be clear, the occupy scenario could create the perfect storm that ATF failed to create with F&F, is what I was trying to say.  

OWS would probably be heralded as true patriots exercising their 2d amendment rights by the MSM and this administration.

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#8]

OWS would probably be heralded as true patriots exercising their 2d amendment rights by the MSM and this administration.

They will use an incident like this and crop any and all footage to make it appear that the TEA Party showed up and did the shooting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Any truth to this?  I know Emily and will be asking her about it but wanted to know what you guys thought.  Emily is also the writer who is doing the series "How Emily Got Her Gun" on what it takes for her to get a weapon in DC.  Her FFL is a very good friend of mine in VA.  Ill post her response to my email.

President Obama <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barack-obama/>  is using his budget to advance an anti-gun agenda just before the election. One particularly sneaky provision buried deep within his submission to Congress <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/congress/>  Monday would, if enacted, allow the mistakes of the "Fast and Furious" gun-walking scandal to be repeated.

In November, the president signed the Justice Department <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/department-of-justice/>

appropriations bill, which included language from Sen. John Cornyn <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/john-cornyn/> , Texas Republican, prohibiting federal agencies from facilitating the transfer of an operable firearm to an individual known or suspected to be in a drug cartel, unless they monitor the weapon at all times.

Now Mr. Obama <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barack-obama/>  is proposing to remove that provision from the 2013 spending bill, thus making it legal to revive gun-walking operations in the future. The White House <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/white-house/>  justification is merely that the prohibition is "not necessary."

Mr. Cornyn <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/john-cornyn/>  did not buy this explanation. "I understand the president has 'complete confidence' in Attorney General [Eric] Holder to not carry out further gun-walking operations like Fast and Furious, but 99 U.S. senators voted otherwise," he told The Washington Times on Wednesday, referring to the upper chamber's unanimous vote in October approving the amendment.

Even Democrats wanted to prevent the Justice Department <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/department-of-justice/>  from scheming to have guns sent over the border to Mexican drug cartels after the botched scheme led to the death of a border agent. Liberal Sen. Barbara Mikulski <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barbara-mikulski/>  surprised many with her outspoken support for Mr. Cornyn <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/john-cornyn/> 's amendment. "Fast and Furious was brought to an end but with terrible problems," said the Maryland Democrat. "Hundreds of Mexican citizens have died, our own law enforcement people have died, and we have to do something about it."

Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, has been investigating the administration's role in Fast and Furious. When asked by The Washington Times about the White House <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/white-house/>  attempt to change policy, the California Republican replied, "It's bewildering that anyone would seek to strip a legal prohibition on federal agents walking guns, considering the well-known tragic consequences."

Mr. Obama <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barack-obama/> 's budget contains other gun-grabbing surprises. The White House <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/white-house/>  is looking to reclaim authority to destroy surplus M1 Garand rifles and M1 Carbines. For 30 years, the Defense Department has been blocked from scrapping these collectible firearms that served our soldiers well in World War II and the Korean War.

The administration also wants to melt down the military's spent brass casings, thwarting gun owners who have been buying and recycling the surplus materials.

The president's budget would also restore millions in funding to the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control so they can pump out junk science studies claiming handguns are a public health hazard.

Mr. Obama <http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barack-obama/>  is becoming more brazen in his disdain for the Second Amendment as his first term winds down, perhaps in an attempt to rally his dispirited liberal base headed into November. For those who believe in the right of the people to keep and bear arms, this ought to serve as an equally loud wake-up call.

Emily Miller is a senior editor for the Opinion pages at The Washington

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]

That very well may all be true.

The OWS crowd of useful idiots are no doubt being used by the radical left.

We're going to be setup ... to take the blame, and to take the fall. I can feel it coming
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jmb_nova:

Any truth to this?

<snip>

Yes. I have articles on each of those points she brought up. Please don't ask for the links though ... although I could find them, I probably get 50 emails a day about this type of political stuff. It would take quite a bit of searching for me to find all of them. But I've read stuff on everything she's said.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]

They will use an incident like this and crop any and all footage to make it appear that the TEA Party showed up and did the shooting.

That's exactly what I would expect. It won't matter that the left leaning liberal wackos actually pulled the triggers ... the right will get the blame. They always do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#13]

True, but as alphaJ said, it will create the perfect storm the likes of which the ATF could not manufacture with F&F and would almost certainly become the tip of the spear plunged into the 2ndA.  Hell, that scenario may all be part of the plan of the radical left that is organizing and using the Occupy movement.

IIRC (and I may not), it was 'undesirables' such as the Black Panthers who got Reagan to go 'anti', back when he was Governor of California...
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shooter_tx] [#14]

FWIW:

Just saying... some pretty 'diverse' sources.

And then there's also the attempted tainting of Mike V. and Absolved, coupled with other Feeb stuff Mike has reported on.

/hijack
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By polymer4me:

That's exactly what I would expect. It won't matter that the left leaning liberal wackos actually pulled the triggers ... the right will get the blame. They always do.

If (when) that happens, Van Jones will come out from behind the curtain to lead the "peaceful" demonstrations.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By shooter_tx:

IIRC (and I may not), it was 'undesirables' such as the Black Panthers who got Reagan to go 'anti', back when he was Governor of California...

The roots of a lot of our laws go back to what group was considered "undesirable".
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 5:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shooter_tx] [#17]
Latest from David Codrea:
Will GOP candidates say anything genuine about Gunwalker in tonight’s debate?

David Codrea, Gun Rights Examiner

FEBRUARY 22, 2012

“The [Republican presidential candidate] debates return Wednesday night in Mesa, Arizona, as CNN partners with the Republican Party of Arizona to bring America the final debate before Super Tuesday, and what may be the final debate of the season,” Steve Krakauer of CNN reports.

“What has made the debates the fuel to feed the media's insatiable yearning for political fare?” he asks.

Certainly not the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal, as highlights from previous debates listed in his story bear out.

And while the topic has been raised before, acknowledgments that this is more than just a personnel issue and merits a criminal investigation are few and far between—with one notable exception, the irrepressible Ron Paul.

And that’s in spite of Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus promising Fast and Furious would be a “2012 election theme.”

Here’s what to look for tonight:

Will the subject be raised?

If it is raised, will the question be phrased in a way to elicit an unequivocal answer—and to make weasel-worded non-responses evident?

Recall that the party leadership has managed to duck hardball questions about gun issues before.

And understand that their current political leader, John Boehner, chose a say-nothing platitude in response to a direct question about Attorney General Eric Holder and the Gunwalker investigation.

It’s par for the course from a party that’s learned it can take gun owners for granted.  They’re so confident in that, they don’t even feel they have to list the right to keep and bear arms on their website “Issues” page.

[more at link]

Sort of like the Dems do with minority voters...

ETA: To answer the question... apparently not.
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2012/02/its-not-like-we-didnt-ask.html
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 5:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shooter_tx] [#18]
Oh, looky-here!  Big Sis' narrative on F&F may be changing...
NAPOLITANO 'HOPES' ATF DID NOT MISLEAD DHS ABOUT FAST & FURIOUS

Published 02/21/2012

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano did not rule out the possibility that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms misled her department about the intent of Operation Fast & Furious to put guns in the hands of Mexican drug cartels.

"I hope they did not," Secretary Napolitano responded to Congressman Michael McCaul (R-TX), who asked whether DHS or the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent assigned to assist ATF had been misled. The Secretary's response raises the question of whether one U.S. Government agency, in this case Attorney General Eric Holder's Department of Justice, misled another.

Rep. McCaul, Chairman of the Homeland Security Oversight & Investigations Subcommittee, is investigating DHS's role in Fast & Furious, the Department of Justice operation which walked an unknown number of guns south across the border to Mexico in a botched effort to track the weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

One of those weapons was traced to the scene of the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry in Arizona. However, Secretary Napolitano could not quell speculation that weapons used to kill U.S. ICE Agent Jaime Zapata may also have been linked to Fast & Furious. Last week marked the one year anniversary of Agents Zapata and Victor Avila being ambushed on a Mexican highway by members of the Los Zetas cartel. Avila was wounded but survived.

"'It's possible', is what you're saying?" Rep. McCaul asked about a link during the hearing.

"I just don't know one way or another," Secretary Napolitano responded.

"So you can't conclusively say one way or the other whether there's a link to these weapons and Fast & Furious?" Rep. McCaul followed.

"That's true," Secretary Napolitano said.

ETA: Sec. Napolitano: (translated) "What I'm saying is there's a chance that ATF did not mislead us!"
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
uh oh
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#20]
uh oh

I went back to find the video and found this:
McCaul Opens Investigation into DHS Partnership with ATF's Operations Gunrunner
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 6:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#21]
CBSNews: Second gun used in ICE agent murder linked to ATF undercover operation
Prosecutors recently sentenced a Texas man, Manuel Barba, for trafficking a weapon connected to the murder of Immigration and Customs (ICE) Agent Jaime Zapata. Nobody was more astonished to learn of the case than Zapata's parents, who didn't know that Barba had been arrested or linked to their son's murder.

"The family was obviously surprised to learn that there was a case involving a weapon linked to the Zapata incident," attorney Trey Martinez told CBS News. Martinez represents Zapata's parents and the surviving ICE agent in the assault, Victor Avila. "They were surprised they had never been contacted in the capacity as victims so they could give a response or some kind of reaction at the time of sentencing."

Barba was sentenced to 100 months in prison on January 30th. When we asked why the Zapatas weren't contacted, prosecutors in Houston told CBS News they only handled the weapons charges: conspiracy, false statements and exportation/receipt of firearms. Zapata's actual murder "is being handled by another US Attorney's office and... is separate and apart from the firearms case that was handled by our district," said a spokeswoman. She added the firearms offenses "are crimes that do not involve victims in the legal sense of the word and therefore, notifications are not part of the legal process."

In a related development, CBS News has obtained documents showing that Barba was under ATF surveillance for at least six months before a rifle he trafficked was used in Zapata's murder. Zapata's government vehicle was ambushed by suspected cartel thugs in Mexico Feb. 15, 2011.
More at link.
ETA:
A warrant wasn't issued for Barba's arrest until four months later; coincidentally, the day before a rifle he trafficked was used against Zapata.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
Prosecutors recently sentenced a Texas man, Manuel Barba, for trafficking a weapon connected to the murder of Immigration and Customs (ICE) Agent Jaime Zapata. Nobody was more astonished to learn of the case than Zapata's parents, who didn't know that Barba had been arrested or linked to their son's murder.

"The family was obviously surprised to learn that there was a case involving a weapon linked to the Zapata incident," attorney Trey Martinez told CBS News. Martinez represents Zapata's parents and the surviving ICE agent in the assault, Victor Avila. "They were surprised they had never been contacted in the capacity as victims so they could give a response or some kind of reaction at the time of sentencing."

Barba was sentenced to 100 months in prison on January 30th. When we asked why the Zapatas weren't contacted, prosecutors in Houston told CBS News they only handled the weapons charges: conspiracy, false statements and exportation/receipt of firearms. Zapata's actual murder "is being handled by another US Attorney's office and... is separate and apart from the firearms case that was handled by our district," said a spokeswoman. She added the firearms offenses "are crimes that do not involve victims in the legal sense of the word and therefore, notifications are not part of the legal process."

In a related development, CBS News has obtained documents showing that Barba was under ATF surveillance for at least six months before a rifle he trafficked was used in Zapata's murder. Zapata's government vehicle was ambushed by suspected cartel thugs in Mexico Feb. 15, 2011.
More at link.
ETA:
A warrant wasn't issued for Barba's arrest until four months later; coincidentally, the day before a rifle he trafficked was used against Zapata.

in for the pacer docs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

More at link.
ETA:

in for the redacted pacer docs.

FIFY

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By miker84:

More at link.
ETA:

in for the redacted pacer docs.

FIFY

oh. fuck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]

More at link.
ETA:

in for the pacer docs.

Did you just go "in" on your own thread?
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#26]

More at link.
ETA:

in for the pacer docs.

i have never seen so many sealed docs
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]

More at link.
ETA:

in for the pacer docs.

i have never seen so many sealed docs

I am assuming those could also be referred to as "smoke".
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Back to a previous article
Brownsville Herald: Court records follow trail of guns used in attacks on ICE agents
Gomez Barba drug case

A Drug Enforcement Administration agent filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, against Manuel Gomez Barba on June 18, 2010, charging that on April 20, 2010, he conspired in Jefferson County to possess methamphetamine with intent to distribute.

The complaint was filed after one of Gomez Barba’s customers decided to cooperate with law enforcement. The customer had sold some of the drugs she purchased from Gomez Barba to an undercover narcotics agent of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department.

The customer led law enforcement to Gomez Barba in late June 2010. He was arrested in Baytown after completing a drug transaction.

“Upon making that arrest, the defendant was advised (of) his rights . . . and asked if he would cooperate with investigating officers. The defendant waived his Miranda rights and elected to cooperate,” the federal court record shows.

Gomez Barba arranged a drug buy in a supervised transaction which led to the arrest of two men, not identified in the court record.

Upon Gomez Barba’s arrest June 18, 2010, he was detained without bond when the U.S. Attorney’s Office noted that he was a serious flight risk, had a pending felony charge, and to ensure the safety of the community.

But he was released on bail after the government withdrew its motion for detention on July 26, 2010. The court sealed Gomez Barba’s appearance bond and conditions of release.

Gomez Barba returned to court Oct. 18, 2010, to plead guilty to the drug charge and he continued free on bail pending sentencing.

A sentencing date was not even set at the time.

It could not be determined how long he cooperated with law enforcement.

Gomez Barba weapons case

While the federal drug case against Manuel Gomez Barba was pending in the Eastern District of Texas, he was indicted along with other defendants Feb. 8, 2011, in the Southern District of Texas for weapons trafficking. He was arrested Feb. 17, 2011.

He was charged with organizing weapons purchases assisted by straw purchasers and knowing that these would be exported to Mexico. The indictment states that the conspiracy began around June 1, 2010, and continued through September 2010. Approximately 44 weapons were purchased.

The indictment shows that federal investigators at first believed that the weapons were going to the Gulf Cartel.

A superseding indictment was returned May 18, 2011, where Gomez Barba also was specifically charged with exporting firearms, but this time the time frame was from about June 1, 2010, through Feb. 25, 2011.

Feb. 25, 2011, was when one of the weapons at the crime scene in Mexico was traced to one of Gomez Barba’s straw purchasers.

The superseding indictment states that the weapons were going to the Zetas criminal organization.

The straw purchasers were indicted and identified as Sergio Escobedo, Thomas Brian Lawson, Blandon Darrick Shaffer and Robert Riendfliesh.

The four were released on unsecured bonds shortly after their arrests in early 2011. They pleaded guilty to the conspiracy to purchase the weapons and they all received probated sentences in January this year. Escobedo, Lawson and Shaffer each received five-year probated sentences. Riendfliesh, who the record indicates bought the weapon on Gomez Barba’s behalf that turned up at the crime scene, received a four-year probated sentence.

The plea agreements could not be accessed through the court’s electronic public record system.

“I cannot comment beyond what is public record in the case nor comment on sealed matters by the court,” Angela Dodge with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas said. “We also do not provide commentary on sentences imposed or offer our opinion on court matters.”
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Another debate without a word about F&F. I wonder how many questions were submitted by people were ignored by the mod.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#30]
The plea agreements are on pacer
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 9:58:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polymer4me] [#31]

What's pacer?

ETA

Nevermind

http://www.pacer.gov/
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#32]

What's pacer?

public acces to court electronic records

check it out.  you can get all kinds of documents from courts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polymer4me] [#33]

<snip>

Don't know if I'm reading too much into this? But isn't it a bit coincidental that the arrest was before the rifle was used? The day before? You'd think maybe a week or so after ... when the feds were able to figure out the rifle was connected to the crime.

Unless of course, they already knew what was going to happen ... but decided at the last minute to try and stop it?

Been a long day for me Maybe my tinfoil hat is wrapped a bit too tight tonight ...

ETA - and if that's the case (I'm losing my mind) - LOL ... please feel free to tell me so
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#34]

What's pacer?

public acces to court electronic records

check it out.  you can get all kinds of documents from courts.

Thanks Nolo. Looks like there's a fee though (8 pennies per page). With the thousands of pages of documents involved in F&F ... that would put a serious dent into my ammo fund
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#35]

<snip>

Don't know if I'm reading too much into this? But isn't it a bit coincidental that the arrest was before the rifle was used? The day before? You'd think maybe a week or so after ... when the feds were able to figure out the rifle was connected to the crime.

Unless of course, they already knew what was going to happen ... but decided at the last minute to try and stop it?

Been a long day for me Maybe my tinfoil hat is wrapped a bit too tight tonight ...

ETA - and if that's the case (I'm losing my mind) - LOL ... please feel free to tell me so

The shooting was Feb. 15, 2011. The gun was traced Feb. 25, 2011. So the warrant was Feb. 14, 2011.

I'm more interested in the ATF investigation starting June 1, 2010 before he is arrested on the drugs then he is let go dispute his flight risk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#36]

<snip>

The shooting was Feb. 15, 2011. The gun was traced Feb. 25, 2011. So the warrant was Feb. 14, 2011.

I'm more interested in the ATF investigation starting June 1, 2010 before he is arrested on the drugs then he is let go dispute his flight risk.

Thanks Everrest

It is very odd for that type of charge, that a defendant w/ his background, would be released twice. Once after the initial arrest, and then again when found guilty. You normally only see that type of thing w/ wealthy defendants charged w/ white collar crimes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 11:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#37]
Skip to 2:00 (unless you think WMDs are coming across the border)
fox&friends: McCaul on Southwest Border Security and DHS' Involvement in Fast and Furious Scandal

Is the State Dept. OIG next?
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Skip to 2:00 (unless you think WMDs are coming across the border)
fox&friends: McCaul on Southwest Border Security and DHS' Involvement in Fast and Furious Scandal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdOOmaOd8U

Is the State Dept. OIG next?

McCaul's been making the rounds lately. This is the third video I've seen him in the last two days.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Ever notice how the FBI "thwarts" a terrorist attack and "catches" a "terrorist"? When the story comes out after the guy is sentenced to 100 years in prison, that this "terrorist" never actually ever spoke with anyone in PLO/Alkida/Etc, it was all a FBI sting. They find some mildly retarded angry asshole in a chat room someplace and talk him into being a terrorist and provide him with everything, then "catch" him on his way to pull the job with his fake bomb they gave him.

Report for reeducation
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Dave Workman: CBS has new revelation in Zapata slaying, and Sen. Grassley is not happy
  CBS News’ Sharyl Attkisson is reporting that a Texas man named Manuel Barba has been sentenced for trafficking a firearm connected to the murder of Jaime Zapata, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent killed more than a year ago in a Mexican ambush.

This obviously came as a surprise to Sen. Charles Grassley, who told this column via e-mail:

"I've been asking for information from the departments of Justice and Homeland Security on the circumstances surrounding the murder of ICE Agent Zapata for almost a year, only to be met with resistance and more of the same stonewalling. If these revelations prove to be true, it's a sad commentary that this known trafficker was allowed to continue his illegal purchases, including trafficking the apparent weapon used in the murder of our own agent."—Sen. Charles Grassley
 The veteran Iowa Republican, who has been investigating Operation Fast and Furious since January 2011, is not the only person who was surprised by the CBS report. So were members of Zapata’s family and their attorney, who — according to CBS News — “didn’t know that Barba had been arrested or linked to their son’s murder.”
More at link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 3:11:40 AM EDT
[#41]

<snip>

Thanks Everrest

It is very odd for that type of charge, that a defendant w/ his background, would be released twice. Once after the initial arrest, and then again when found guilty. You normally only see that type of thing w/ wealthy defendants charged w/ white collar crimes.

Or when you're "the man" and they work for you?
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By az_larry:
Another debate without a word about F&F. I wonder how many questions were submitted by people were ignored by the mod.

Codrea and Pavlich...

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2012/02/its-not-like-we-didnt-ask.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By shooter_tx:

<snip>

Thanks Everrest

Or when you're "the man" and they work for you?

Management case log from the CBS report
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/baytown.pdf
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Boehner must be feeling the heat

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Boehner must be feeling the heat. He gets a "hunting buddy" to vouch for him. "Is this an accident? Is Boehner not in communication with Issa and making political calculations constantly about where this is going? . . . Only an idiot would think so."

"Boehner allegations fast & furious, but also false."

When I first came across these allegations, I was confident they were not true. I have hunted with John Boehner; had in-depth discussions with John concerning our Second Amendment rights; studied his politics; and have a clear understanding of how he views our God-given right to keep and bear arms. With all this in mind, I called his office to inform him of what had been published about him, in relation to the House Oversight Committee's Fast and Furious hearings. I also asked for some information to share that would help my fellow Second Amendment activists understand his position on Fast and Furious.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, while some people have exaggerated what I wrote, even without attribution, as far as what I wrote, I stand by my sources.

More at link
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Not exactly Fast and Furious related but close considering one of the F&F players is/was involved.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/doj-shot-show-cases-falling-apart-breuer-drops-prosecution

Breuer, regular readers of this column know, was an early top Justice Department figure tied in with “Project Gunwalker” in reports done here and by Mike Vanderboegh at Sipsey Street Irregulars, long before corroborating evidence, testimony, documents and reports provided more widespread validation of his involvement.

And now, per this new report:

[C]iting two hung juries, rulings during the cases as to what constituted "evidence" and the "substantial governmental resources, as well as judicial, defense, and jury resources" needed to continue the case, the head of the Justice Department's Criminal Division Lanny Breuer has decided to drop the case.

“Now the question is: what about the defendants?” the report asks.  It’s a good question, and one that points to the inherent dangers of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act under which they were prosecuted.

Continue reading on Examiner.com DOJ SHOT Show cases ‘falling apart’-Breuer drops prosecution - National gun rights | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/doj-shot-show-cases-falling-apart-breuer-drops-prosecution#ixzz1nETKGwUI

Rest at the link.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#47]

<snip>

Management case log from the CBS report
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/baytown.pdf

Very interesting suspicious timeline of events.

Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Not exactly Fast and Furious related but close considering one of the F&F players is/was involved.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/doj-shot-show-cases-falling-apart-breuer-drops-prosecution

Was just coming in here to post this!
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Boehner must be feeling the heat

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Boehner must be feeling the heat. He gets a "hunting buddy" to vouch for him. "Is this an accident? Is Boehner not in communication with Issa and making political calculations constantly about where this is going? . . . Only an idiot would think so."

"Boehner allegations fast & furious, but also false."

When I first came across these allegations, I was confident they were not true. I have hunted with John Boehner; had in-depth discussions with John concerning our Second Amendment rights; studied his politics; and have a clear understanding of how he views our God-given right to keep and bear arms. With all this in mind, I called his office to inform him of what had been published about him, in relation to the House Oversight Committee's Fast and Furious hearings. I also asked for some information to share that would help my fellow Second Amendment activists understand his position on Fast and Furious.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, while some people have exaggerated what I wrote, even without attribution, as far as what I wrote, I stand by my sources.

More at link

Now we've got the names of a few peeps whose heads should roll if Boehner sells us out...

Also we've (kinda/sorta) got Boehner on record, and at the very least, committed/recommitted to the cause.

Reminds me of something...
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Milton Friedman is the last man I would consult with about civic process.  Economics, possibly.  Civics, fuck no.
Page / 537
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top