Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the cat?

Many drugs work differently on animals then they do on people.  Hopefully Ambien does not have much effect.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]

I was made in Texas in 1973.

I'm pretty sure that when every one of us read the OP it suggested something to us. It may have suggested somthing different for each of us and perhaps none of us correct.

Having perscription drugs laying around is normal for some. Other, not so much.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My roommate feeds him flavored pills every day (maybe twice a day), so it doesn't surprise me he tried it out.

He's still ok, just seems a little out of it.  I didn't know it had hypnotic properties, when i used to take it on a regular basis it didn't even help me get to sleep half the time.  I came to the conclusion it should be taken on an empty stomach.  The cat's been eating all day, and just scarfed down his dinner...

BTW, I'm not in school.  I have a job consulting for the Navy, so there's no "funny" business going on.  Just because I can't sleep sometimes doesn't make me a drug addict....  I may go out drinking with my buddies and/or girl once a week if I have time.

Thanks for all the help, he ate a little, and just seems out of it.  Hope he's ok.

Edited to add-  Not sure how to do a live video of a cat laying around...?  who wants to watch that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Here is a cat thread in GD; I opened this fully expecting to find a bunch of "shoot it" or "your not a man if you own/live with a cat" replies.

GD surprised me today.  

OP, hope kitty is OK.  

Could be awkward to kill your roomate's cat.  

Well it is a sleeping pill.  If it does OD and die, it'll probably not feel much thus there won't be much need to "put it out of its misery".

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I hope the poor thing doesn't suffer or die, but it's still pretty funny.

On an unrelated note i saw a Yorkshire Terrier eat a 10mg? Adorall once (half amphetamine pill)...i never saw a dog literally fly through the air until that point

It lived, but i don't think it ate anything for a few days

Speed

Well isn't that ironic...

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I would call the vet immediately.  Think about it, the pill is strong enough to knock a 200lb man into a drug induced coma for the night.  That is waaaaay too much for a cat.  Plus most stuff that isn't poisonous for humans is very toxic for cats.  Be humane about it and call the vet.  Don't just let the cat die.  If I had a roommate and they accidentally fed my cat something that killed him I would beat fuck out of them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
nighty night
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#8]
keep it away from AIM surplus and your credit card.  
A warning of random purchases of ammo in calibers that DO NOT match anything in your gunsafe should be put directly on the Rx bottle with that stuff

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If that's what it was, he's already dead.  Just moving around and not aware he's dead yet.

If you want to be nice, call your roommate and see what he/she says about it. A vet could probably make him puke it up.

Cats cannot "spit" something out, they toss things around in their mouth and it usually falls out.  A dry pill with a wet tongue basically means it's getting swallowed because it won't fall.  They rely on fantastic upchuck ability to get rid of items ingested that way.

Also, recreational prescription drugs are bad, mkay? The type of place with roommates and ambien on the floor seems like one step away from a felony stop and loss of firearms. The only people I know that have pills go missing randomly (in couch cushions, floor, etc.) are taking drugs relationally and mixing them with booze. Maybe clean up your act?  and your apartment for that matter.

Wow... jump to conclusions much?

I'll make DAMNED sure to tell my wife who is always dropping and losing pills to clean up her act?  Since she's a preschool and Sunday school teacher, I am sure she'll agree you.

But you know her... recreationally popping those hormones and washing them down with Diet Coca-Cola.

If the only people you know that have pills go missing are recreational drug users, maybe... just maybe... YOU need to clean up your own life and re-evaluate the people that you let into it.  Sounds like you know some winners.  Just don't project that onto the rest of us.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
He looks pretty good to me.  Just a little droopy eyed maybe?

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have heard that you can do some strange stuff while taking it and not remember doing it.

One of my friends emailed a local company and said he was going to come in and shoot everyone there.  He didn't know he did it until the police called him.  He was charged with some minor assault charge.  He quit taking it after that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If that's what it was, he's already dead.  Just moving around and not aware he's dead yet.

If you want to be nice, call your roommate and see what he/she says about it. A vet could probably make him puke it up.

Cats cannot "spit" something out, they toss things around in their mouth and it usually falls out.  A dry pill with a wet tongue basically means it's getting swallowed because it won't fall.  They rely on fantastic upchuck ability to get rid of items ingested that way.

Also, recreational prescription drugs are bad, mkay? The type of place with roommates and ambien on the floor seems like one step away from a felony stop and loss of firearms. The only people I know that have pills go missing randomly (in couch cushions, floor, etc.) are taking drugs relationally and mixing them with booze. Maybe clean up your act?  and your apartment for that matter.

I'll make DAMNED sure to tell my wife who is always dropping and losing pills to clean up her act?  Since she's a preschool and Sunday school teacher, I am sure she'll agree you.

But you know her... recreationally popping those hormones and washing them down with Diet Coca-Cola.

If the only people you know that have pills go missing are recreational drug users, maybe... just maybe... YOU need to clean up your own life and re-evaluate the people that you let into it.  Sounds like you know some winners.  Just don't project that onto the rest of us.

I think the point he is trying to make is that someone who drops highly toxic prescription drugs on the floor is being careless by not making sure they pick them up.  When I was taking prescription pain meds for my issues I would drop one on the floor occasionally, but I would make sure that I found it and count them out to make sure I wasn't missing any.  I didn't want to find one of my cats or children dead from taking something they thought was a treat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to go having pills lying around on the floor. Very indicative.

Where the fuck do they make you people?

All I can say is, gosh those things are expensive.   Its like money on the floor?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have heard that you can do some strange stuff while taking it and not remember doing it.

Wife sleep-walked on it once.

She flipped the light on then left the room. I was annoyed. She come's back in, says "What, are we sleeping?" and then tried to crawl into bed holding a big steel bowl of sorbet. She spilled the melting sorbet all over me and the bed. She has zero recollection of this.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On an unrelated note i saw a Yorkshire Terrier eat a 10mg? Adorall once (half amphetamine pill)...i never saw a dog literally fly through the air until that point

Speed

Well isn't that ironic...

Speed

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Speed

Speed

Ain't that ironic
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Ambian is bitter as shit , cat didn't eat it but might have carried it off for the dog to find later !
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the point he is trying to make is that someone who drops highly toxic prescription drugs on the floor is being careless by not making sure they pick them up.  When I was taking prescription pain meds for my issues I would drop one on the floor occasionally, but I would make sure that I found it and count them out to make sure I wasn't missing any.  I didn't want to find one of my cats or children dead from taking something they thought was a treat.

If I had young children it would be a totally different story.  Cats do NOT equal people, no less your own kids.  Pain meds and ambien are two different things.  I had a rod removed from my leg 3 months ago, and was on all kinds of pain meds.  A little tiny pill you drop in the dark, in your own room is no one else's business.

My door to my room is closed ALL of the time.  I am mildly allergic to cats, and don't want it anywhere near my bed.  The fact that my room mate cracked my door after I had left for work (which she has done before) has nothing to say about me.  If you lived alone would you lock your sidearm up, or leave it in a drawer next to the bed?  Think about it.  I have my room and door shut because I want it that way.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Can we start a dead pool lottery on it?  Buy a square and a time slot?

TRG
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]
It was ambien, for fuck's sake.

He didn't leave a fentanyl lollipop laying in the middle of a daycare.

Settle down, you people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#24]
The hive is restless.  Must be bad weather outside.  Or something.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps.  I, however, stand by my assessment.

Ironically, I was getting out of the shower this morning and saw that my wife accidentally dropped about 4 of her hormone pills on the floor just this morning.  She was in such a hurry to get to work that she didn't notice.

Shit happens.  As many on this thread have verified, accidentally dropping a pill =/= recreational drug user.

And I further stand by my statement that if a person has enough empirical evidence to determine that there is a correlation between the two, they have WAY TOO MANY recreational drug users in their social circle.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ambian is bitter as shit , cat didn't eat it but might have carried it off for the dog to find later !

How do you know what ambien tastes like?!!  I've been taking it on and off for a couple years and have never tasted anything.

sounds like some others have some deeper issues (several people have mentioned the taste in this thread already)
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I let them dissolve under my tongue for a bit before swallowing, and they are indeed bitter.

These are generics, too, so there may be less of a coating on them than the name brand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's a cat. How can you tell if it's dosed or just being a cat?

Good point.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He looks pretty good to me.  Just a little droopy eyed maybe?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9900/0125111844.jpg

1/10 Undercooked and doped up. No reloads or alcohol.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
dibs on the carcass........
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag for the eulogy to follow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]
OP tried to date-rape his roommate's cat!
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#33]
You probably imagined that you dropped a couple of ambiens while you were on ambien.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You probably imagined that you dropped a couple of ambiens while you were on ambien.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]
The cats gonna be tripping balls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Feed him charcoal
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Feed him charcoal

eta: too late now, its probably through his stomach by now
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to go having pills lying around on the floor. Very indicative.

Where the fuck do they make you people?

What do you mean you people?

What do you mean, you people?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Day 1
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]
in

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#41]
TAG for updates

I hope the kitty pulls through.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, the little bastard is still alive, and he looks pretty happy.  Probably daydreaming about mice or something.  Maybe I'll have to buy him one to play with tomorrow, I feel bad for him.  Silly room mate has no business letting him into my room, but its not his fault (the cat).

I'd be willing to bet he is going to be fine.  maybe he'll find something like a chocolate to eat next time, the apartment would smell much better at least.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd be willing to bet he is going to be fine.  maybe he'll find something like a chocolate to eat next time, the apartment would smell much better at least.

Really???? with owners like ya'll, im sure kitty's day are numbered

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hehe, if it was up to me he'd be a chinamen's dinner within a week of living with it.  
Unfortunately his owner doesn't take very good care of him, or give him much attention....,  I never had an overly negative feeling towards cats until i lived with this one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hehe, if it was up to me he'd be a chinamen's dinner within a week of living with it.  
Unfortunately his owner doesn't take very good care of him, or give him much attention....,  I never had an overly negative feeling towards cats until i lived with this one.

like I said........
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#46]
im pretty sure if hes not asleep yet, he's going to be alright
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Ambien results in some spectacular behavior. Particularly if you combine it with other drugs or alcohol and try to stay away.

Two cases stand out of the dozens I've delt with.

Middle aged woman wearing a cocktail dress carshed her SUV at 1am. She believed it was 3pm and she was going to pick up her son at soccor practise. ambien/wine combo.

Young man kidnapped his ex girlfriend. sexually assaulted her and engaged in an armed stand off with the cops until he finally passed out. When he came to in the jail hospital ward the next day he had no recollection of any of it. When confronted by the evidence he was shocked and plead guilty but still maintains he does not remember any of it. Ambien/vicodin combo following an elbow surgery.

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I must be one cold-blooded mother fucker but I fail to see the issue with one dead cat
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#49]
ambien.... that drug is bad news.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If I had young children it would be a totally different story.  Cats do NOT equal people, no less your own kids.  Pain meds and ambien are two different things.  I had a rod removed from my leg 3 months ago, and was on all kinds of pain meds.  A little tiny pill you drop in the dark, in your own room is no one else's business.

My door to my room is closed ALL of the time.  I am mildly allergic to cats, and don't want it anywhere near my bed.  The fact that my room mate cracked my door after I had left for work (which she has done before) has nothing to say about me.  If you lived alone would you lock your sidearm up, or leave it in a drawer next to the bed?  Think about it.  I have my room and door shut because I want it that way.  

[/div]

Pics of roomate...you know the rules...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top