Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2011 9:39:43 PM EDT
British female .mil types unwrapping S&W Military and Police revolvers.

General Patton with a Colt Detective Special

OSS holdup rig for a Colt 1908 (.25 ACP) that could be fired by flexing a wrist

General Patton with his Colt 1903 with 4 stars on the stocks.

OSS agent in China with a Liberator (on the table), a Colt 1903 in his hand and a .22 High Standard H-D in a shoulder holster.

Admiral Nimitz looking on as his son shoots a silenced .22 High Standard.

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I'd be to keen on the "hold up" rig and having that on me at all times...Cool pics!
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
These are great pics. Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if those Limey chicks were thinking "Nice revolver, but too bad 38/200 doesn't have enough power to pull the string out of a cat's ass."
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool cool.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
No retention on that CDS on Patton
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I wonder if those Limey chicks were thinking "Nice revolver, but too bad 38/200 doesn't have enough power to pull the string out of a cat's ass."

While many we sent to England were .38 S&W, not all were.  Hard to tell, but those cylinders look like they might be .38 Spec.

The .380 Brit is a weak ass cartridge no doubt.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No retention on that CDS on Patton

Yeah, I would feel like it was swinging in the wind if I was wearing that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

While many we sent to England were .38 S&W, not all were.  Hard to tell, but those cylinders look like they might be .38 Spec.

Nothing like a revolver built like a bank vault firing a cartridge that was slower than Christmas, but made up for it by being exceedingly light.

I need to dig up a book that broke down civilian commercial off the shelf firearms Lend-Leased to the British.  One number I remember was 152 Single Action Army revolvers in various caliber.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Canadian Inglis Hi-Power pistols (but not US, still cool)

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While many we sent to England were .38 S&W, not all were. Hard to tell, but those cylinders look like they might be .38 Spec.

Nothing like a revolver built like a bank vault firing a cartridge that was slower than Christmas, but made up for it by being exceedingly light.

I need to dig up a book that broke down civilian commercial off the shelf firearms Lend-Leased to the British. One number I remember was 152 Single Action Army revolvers in various caliber.

Let me know the book, please.  I dig very specific topic military firearms books.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Didn't see any glocks.

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

While many we sent to England were .38 S&W, not all were. Hard to tell, but those cylinders look like they might be .38 Spec.

I need to dig up a book that broke down civilian commercial off the shelf firearms Lend-Leased to the British. One number I remember was 152 Single Action Army revolvers in various caliber.

Let me know the book, please.  I dig very specific topic military firearms books.

I think its at my father's place.  I'll talk with him tomorrow.  I've got books scattered over most of the CONUS, at this point.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Didn't see any glocks.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki had to be filmed from a great distance for safety, making the very difficult to see.

TR85.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't see any glocks.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki had to be filmed from a great distance for safety, making the very difficult to see.

TR85.

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
It is reported that Wild Bill Donovan smuggled a HD-MS pistol INTO the oval office in a binder, and shot a sandbag with it while the President had his back turned.

The President did not detect the shot, and Donovan presented the pistol to the President as a gift.

The weapon was turned back over to the Army after it was discovered that the design was still classified.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't see any glocks.

TR85.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top