Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Because it is intended to create terror in anyone who sees it.

Doesn't create terror in me, just makes me want to kill them all*

(*where all refers to all extremest muslims who behead people)

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
is simple

its a proven terror tactic used throughout the ages by all sorts of folks and cultures.

cutting someone's head off (and perhaps mounting it) gets folks attentions.

everyone did it/does it (except us of course).

heck, even the messikans have adopted it as proven taktik in the drug wars.

has very little to do with islam specifically, its just become their trademark recently.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the koran

This.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sub humans with general lack of intelligence. Same reason some of them think strapping a bomb to them selves for the cause is good idea...

The Holy Qur'an forbids Muslims from killing people of faith, especially other Muslims, however the people we are currently up against are taking what it says out of context and using it to their advantage to brainwash mindless idiots into turning themselves into living bombs. The Holy Qur'an says people that do this will burn in hell.

Hence my lack of intelligence part... First off, If your whole life is devoted to following the teachings of an old book, and not question some of its ridiculous claims and theory's, your not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, Second of, if your dumb enough to listen to someone who devotes there whole life to a book, and tells you to strap a bomb to your self, your even worse off...  I did not know it was against their own religion to kill people of faith, you would think that the rest of the Muslims in the world would say enough of this, your ruining are good name, and go jihad on there asses..
Since this will most likely turn into a religious debate about the Muslim faith I'm gonna go ahead and through in the IBTL..

The Qur'an is perfect, no where in the book can you find a contradiction or flaw, the same can not be said for the bible and that's coming from a Christian, but then again God is the only perfect person so you can and should expect that. There are nut jobs on both sides of the isle, your David Koresh's, the media just likes to pimp the other side a little more.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I always thought it was because of a particularly strong emphasis to the head and mind in Islam- a dead body with no head is the ultimate insult to the person.

Probably wrong, but whatever- maybe it's just a "shock value" thing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sub humans with general lack of intelligence. Same reason some of them think strapping a bomb to them selves for the cause is good idea...

The Holy Qur'an forbids Muslims from killing people of faith, especially other Muslims, however the people we are currently up against are taking what it says out of context and using it to their advantage to brainwash mindless idiots into turning themselves into living bombs. The Holy Qur'an says people that do this will burn in hell.

Hence my lack of intelligence part... First off, If your whole life is devoted to following the teachings of an old book, and not question some of its ridiculous claims and theory's, your not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, Second of, if your dumb enough to listen to someone who devotes there whole life to a book, and tells you to strap a bomb to your self, your even worse off...  I did not know it was against their own religion to kill people of faith, you would think that the rest of the Muslims in the world would say enough of this, your ruining are good name, and go jihad on there asses..
Since this will most likely turn into a religious debate about the Muslim faith I'm gonna go ahead and through in the IBTL..

The Qur'an is perfect, no where in the book can you find a contradiction or flaw, the same can not be said for the bible and that's coming from a Christian, but then again God is the only perfect person so you can and should expect that. There are nut jobs on both sides of the isle, your David Koresh's, the media just likes to pimp the other side a little more.

This is true.. and I'm almost blown away, I have never had a conversation with a Christian who admits the bible has flaws, and contradicts it self, especially never had one admit it first.. Both sides do have there extremes, however you do not really see the violence you do with the Muslims with to many other religions, ( I'm sure there are exceptions and someone will be here shortly to correct me)
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Because its socially unacceptable to dismember...

The mexican hit squads and cartels are taking note. But the beheadings stopped having the desired effects.. so now they behead the bodies and then skin the heads. I guess that ups the ante.

Graphics pics below
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/narco-war-in-guerrero-continues-9-more.html
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/12/beheaded-and-castrated-in-ciudad.html

ETA: second link
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:11:59 PM EDT
[#8]
This guy had a way to strike fear into the muzzies though.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it based on any teachings from the Quran?  Any experts know?

Yes but the big misconception is that line applies to everyone that is not a Muslim, it does not. Note how it says "unbelievers or nonbelievers" and not "non-Islamic believers." Muslims consider Jesus Christ to be a prophet from god and Chirstans to be their brothers and sisters in god, they just don't consider Jesus to be THE prophet, that title would go to Muhammad.

You grossly overstate their attachment to "People of the Book."
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sub humans with general lack of intellagence. Same reason some of them think strapping a bomb to them selves for the cuase is good idea...

Is that your final word of judgment between real Muslims and apostates?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it that trees and rocks will say in the last days? Huh?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems like there are a million examples of muslim radical beheading murder/execution vids out there.  But they are always disgusting bloody affairs as they use some dull butter knife to hack off a guy's head.

Wouldn't it be easier for them just to cap the guy?  Seems like less mess and less work.  So there must be some cultural thing going.  what is it?

It's a meme particular to that culture.   It's like asking why a particular ethnic group wears their waist bands around their ankles, carries pink hello kitty purses, or wears cammo to 'the Walmarts'.   People are imitative.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like there are a million examples of muslim radical beheading murder/execution vids out there.  But they are always disgusting bloody affairs as they use some dull butter knife to hack off a guy's head.

Wouldn't it be easier for them just to cap the guy?  Seems like less mess and less work.  So there must be some cultural thing going.  what is it?

It's a meme particular to that culture.   It's like asking why a particular ethnic group wears their waist bands around their ankles, carries pink hello kitty purses, or wears cammo to 'the Walmarts'.   People are imitative.

So, beheading people is a fashion statement, uninfluenced by the "scriptural" command to "strike (or hack) at their necks?"
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Because they are savages!

beat me

The Pilgrims had the head of an Indian they killed on a stick outside Plymouth for a year, they used the bloody sheet the head had been wrapped in as a flag.  

What was that like 400 or 500 years ago??
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's a dishonorable death in their culture... The Saudis behead their worst criminals in public, as an official method of execution...

Kind of like hanging is here.

Or crucifixion was in ancient Rome.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me

The Pilgrims had the head of an Indian they killed on a stick outside Plymouth for a year, they used the bloody sheet the head had been wrapped in as a flag.  

Awesome!

The pilgrims survived (unlike earlier folk who interacted with the natives and then "mysteriously disappeared"). I think in those circumstances I would emulate the pilgrims.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me

I must have missed when they taught that part of the Thanksgiving story in the first grade..
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because it is intended to create terror in anyone who sees it.

This. Which is more horrifying, a single bullet to the head or someone's head being sawed off with a dull instrument?

A couple of bubbas with a chainsaw?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, beheading people is a fashion statement, uninfluenced by the "scriptural" command to "strike (or hack) at their necks?"

Basically.   There's no scriptural direction to wear a clock around your neck or shoot rival drug gang members with gold plated ARs either.   People do goofy shit.  Sociopathic people do goofy sociopathic shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Simple terror tactic- hence "terrorist"- no smart A$$ intended...
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...The Koran is full of flaws bud..wow what a load of absolute crap..not trying to get into an internet catfight here but I can't allow that to pass.

you need to do some reading here:
http://www.1000mistakes.com/1000mistakes/index.php
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes but the big misconception is that line applies to everyone that is not a Muslim, it does not. Note how it says "unbelievers or nonbelievers" and not "non-Islamic believers." Muslims consider Jesus Christ to be a prophet from god and Chirstans to be their brothers and sisters in god, they just don't consider Jesus to be THE prophet, that title would go to Muhammad.

"Chirstans to be their brothers". You have got to be shitting me.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I personally think the Mexican cartels are MORE obsessed with beheading people than the Muslims.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hell it is.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me

so how come the pilgrims haven't been doing that for thousands of years then?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
It is ordered by the Koran.

Also, this goes back to ancient times.  People have survived many seemingly mortal wounds or other injuries.  A person might be hanged, but not die.  A person might be stabbed with a knife or sword, but not die.  A person could lose a limb or two, and not die.  And that person could come back and kill you later, though you thought he was dead.

But if you cut of his head, that is a mortal wound he is not going to recover from, and he is certainly dead.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#27]
What else sends more of a message?  It is brutal and visually spectacular.  It instills terror and disgust just a it is intended to.  It has been used for millenia as a form of execution for these reasons.  

The advent of the internet allows for an even more spectacular display in that the terrorists can fully take advantage of the time they have to exploit the feeling of helplessness and horror that the viewer feels.  They do this by staging the shot to instill a feeling of overwhelming inevitability, drawing out the sentencing, displaying overwhelming force against their one victim, and performing the beheading in a disgustingly slow fashion.  They make sure that the auditory sense of the viewer is stimulated by yelling things like 'Allah akhbar', cutting so that the victim can scream, getting the camera close so that the viewer hears the gurgling, etc.  The internet viewer knows what will happen, can do absolutely nothing to stop it, and yet feels compelled to watch.  Results of watching can range from disgust and anger to PTSD type shit.  

Overall it is a very effective tool in that it allows a few shitstains to kill one man and potentially impact millions of their enemies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically.   There's no scriptural direction to wear a clock around your neck or shoot rival drug gang members with gold plated ARs either.   People do goofy shit.  Sociopathic people do goofy sociopathic shit.

There is at least one Koranic instruction to behead enemies of Islam.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Because Mohammad tells them to in the Quran.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Seems like there are a million examples of muslim radical beheading murder/execution vids out there. But they are always disgusting bloody affairs as they use some dull butter knife to hack off a guy's head.

Wouldn't it be easier for them just to cap the guy? Seems like less mess and less work. So there must be some cultural thing going. what is it?

References in the Koran and the terror aspect of it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
It's a dishonorable death in their culture...

The ultimate insult.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#32]

There are worse, more degrading ways to die.

Being impaled.

Being roasted alive.

Being skinned alive.

Acid bath

Being staked to an ant hill

Being pulled apart

Being rodgered to death

History is rife with man's cruelty to his fellow man.  There is nothing new under the sun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
once you pop, you can't stop?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

the koran

Yep.  It tells them to behead.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#35]
It dehumanizes them and treats them like livestock.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Seen those assholes try to aim?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#37]
ask this guy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzammil_Hassan

former head of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridges_TV
Designed to counter negative stereotypes of Muslims

maybe he should have listened to his station's intended message
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Ayn Rand said it best, "They are monsters."

Battle in Middle East
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ayn Rand said it best, "They are monsters."

Battle in Middle East

I have seen little evidence to suggest anything other than this.

And for the guy defending the Koran as "perfect", and that they mean atheists when they say non-believers, i have seen NO EVIDENCE that this is true in any way.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Because their vile religion is a disgusting wart on the ass of the world and calls for mutilating the bodies of non-muslims.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This guy had a way to strike fear into the muzzies though.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/DEG169/2009-12-07-vlad_the_impaler.jpg

Yeah, those were the days.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Qur'an is perfect, no where in the book can you find a contradiction or flaw

Either sarcasm here was too subtle and flew right past me, or you've never actually read the thing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the koran

This!

look up the locked forum on koran quotes and you will see for yourself.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Sira, p463-4: Then they {the tribe of Quraiza} surrendered, and the
apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman
of Bani al-Najjar.

Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina and
dug trenches in it. Then  he sent for them and [Muhammad] struck off their heads in
those trenches as

they were brought out to him in batches. Among them
was the enemy of Allah Huyayy bin Akhtab and Kab bin Asad their chief.
There were 600 or 700 in all, though

some put the figure as high as 800
or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the Apostle they
asked Kab what he thought would be done with them. He

replied, "Will you
never understand? Don't you see that the summoner never stops and those
who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!" This went on

until the Apostle made an end of them.

We can clearly see muslims follow the example of Muhammad, al-insan al-kamil (the "ideal man").
He is the par excellence of what a muslim should be according to Islamic texts and teachings.

Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#45]
They are just a little ahead for our times!  I can't think of a better way to get across your "message".  These people have persuaded many to "see it their way".  I have often wondered what would happen if the politicians  in our country experienced something of the ilk.  Would it change minds? persuade our enemies? "UNTHINKABLE" for our culture I know. Do you all remember Vladamier (Sp) ahhhh....Romanian Dude....VLAD THE IMPALER !  Very impressive!
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me

That's obviously comparable, because their God told them to do that, right?
And it was their policy to behead everyone who refused to convert to Pilgrimism, right?
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take that theory with you to Kandahar province and see how it works out in practice.
ETA: Or northern Nigeria, or Yemen, or Mali, or Tikrit, or....
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

beat me

That's obviously comparable, because their God told them to do that, right?
And it was their policy to behead everyone who refused to convert to Pilgrimism, right?

The Pilgrims did it because they considered the Indians Godless heathens and treated them accordingly. It was the thing to do in those times.

The Pilgrims advanced. Muslims have not advanced much in the past 500 years.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There are worse, more degrading ways to die.

Being impaled.

Being roasted alive.

Being skinned alive.

Acid bath

Being staked to an ant hill

Being pulled apart

Being rodgered to death

History is rife with man's cruelty to his fellow man.  There is nothing new under the sun.

YES.....THIS .......Remember NOAH's days?  No I wasn't there either.
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top