Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 330
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#1]
'Stretch' was pretty entertaining.

Could have used more Jessica Alba though.

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#2]
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Super-Sized Version) are up. I thought this movie seriously sucked but others will probably like it.

Sharknado 2: The Second One is also up. The first one was cheezy stupid fun. Haven't seen this one yet.

Frontera with Ed Harris and Michael Peña is up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
'American Horror Story' season 3 is up.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Blackthorn was good
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag. I'm always looking for good netflix movies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
... 2 Days in the Valley

Watch, it's good
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Super-Sized Version) are up. I thought this movie seriously sucked but others will probably like it.
View Quote

I think I watched the super-sucked version.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Firestorm is a close relation to Heat, but set in Hong Kong.  There are some pretty cool car chases and gunfights.  MP5's, Galils, Sigs, ARs, a grenade launcher and some belt fed action.  Some iffy CGI didn't do the film any favors, but there's a lot of excellent practical effects and the fight scenes were much more realistic than Asian cinema average.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:12:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chvylvr350:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chvylvr350:

same here.. wasn't impressed.. seems the goal was to stick as many "famous" people in the movie as possible.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you know that you can download the Hola app for Chrome and change your location to the UK (or other places). Netflix has different movies available based on your region.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Finished Burn Notice.  Now I'm 2 seasons deep into Parks & Recreation.  I think it's hilarious, but it took me a few episodes to really get into it.

Ron Swanson is the man, even though the guy who plays him is an anti-gun turd.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Finished Burn Notice.  Now I'm 2 seasons deep into Parks & Recreation.  I think it's hilarious, but it took me a few episodes to really get into it.

View Quote

Parks & Rec took a few episodes to find it's stride but when it did it really took off.  Whenever the new season starts is its last.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Trashcan:

Parks & Rec took a few episodes to find it's stride but when it did it really took off.  Whenever the new season starts is its last.
View All Quotes

It should last me a little while.  Since the episodes are only a half hour, I'm always tempted to watch 3 in a sitting, but I usually only do 2.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]

It should last me a little while.  Since the episodes are only a half hour, I'm always tempted to watch 3 in a sitting, but I usually only do 2.

View All Quotes

I've revived my love for P&R. I dropped off watching it in the 4th season but now it's my go-to on the Flix lately.

I'm going to start over House of Cards and get the wife in on it leading into the new season.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
If you haven't seen it Reign over Me was awesome. I was shocked considering Adam Sandler is the main charecter.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By hoosier122:
Did you know that you can download the Hola app for Chrome and change your location to the UK (or other places). Netflix has different movies available based on your region.
View Quote

Yes it has been mentioned before. Sometime back in 2013. You may be violating your Netflix terms of service however when using that (or similar plug ins) when viewing Netflix via your web browser. A quick glance at the TOS indicates "country" is mentioned several times.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:19:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#17]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:
If you haven't seen it Reign over Me was awesome. I was shocked considering Adam Sandler is the main charecter.
View Quote

Yeah Reign Over Me was a good movie. Probably the only one outside of Happy Gilmore that Sandler has done in his entire career that wasn't really awful. I'm kind of surprised Sandler even headlines any movies these days considering how awful almost all of his movies were in the last five to ten years. Even Click sucked and couldn't be saved by Kate Beckinsale.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Yeah Reign Over Me was a good movie. Probably the only one outside of Happy Gilmore that Sandler has done in his entire career that wasn't really awful. I'm kind of surprised Sandler even headlines any movies these days considering how awful almost all of his movies were in the last five to ten years. Even Click sucked and couldn't be saved by Kate Beckinsale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:

Yeah I agree. When I saw it I was like well lets see how this goes and about half way through my wife and I were glued to it.

It is a shame with sandler, I don't know whether his style is just not funny anymore or if he has just come to rely on it too much. Probably a combination there of
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:

The wife and I got hooked into Snowpiercer one night. We thought it was OK, but confusing. Upon internet searches about it, we found out A LOT was left out from the book that would make more sense of the situation. I thought it was a good role for Chris Evans, though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By impostor71:
Originally Posted By KodiakZach:
Snowpiercer
The Earth's remaining inhabitants are confined to a single train circling the globe as revolution brews among the class-divided cars.
Stars: Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Joon-ho Bong

Q: What in the fuckity fuck did I just watch?
A: Worst movie of the decade!??!?

I'm with you.  I couldn't get past half way point for this movie.

The wife and I got hooked into Snowpiercer one night. We thought it was OK, but confusing. Upon internet searches about it, we found out A LOT was left out from the book that would make more sense of the situation. I thought it was a good role for Chris Evans, though.

I liked it. It wasn't a really strong action movie, which is why a lot of people here probably don't like it. The talk about "things I don't like about myself" was incredibly well acted. There's a book? Must look for it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Yes it has been mentioned before. Sometime back in 2013. You may be violating your Netflix terms of service however when using that (or similar plug ins) when viewing Netflix via your web browser. A quick glance at the TOS indicates "country" is mentioned several times.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By hoosier122:

I love Hola, been watching with it for a while. So many good things...especially TV from over the pond, I'll take the risk.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tod-13:

I liked it. It wasn't a really strong action movie, which is why a lot of people here probably don't like it. The talk about "things I don't like about myself" was incredibly well acted. There's a book? Must look for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By impostor71:
Snowpiercer
The Earth's remaining inhabitants are confined to a single train circling the globe as revolution brews among the class-divided cars.

I'm with you.  I couldn't get past half way point for this movie.

Or perhaps a lot of people here don't like it because it's just a bad movie.

If a film is good it can be well liked here without being a "really strong action movie." 'Blue Ruin' is a good example of that.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:16:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: az_larry] [#22]
Watched "Beware of Mr. Baker" this weekend. Excellent documentary on maybe the best drummer of all time, Ginger Baker. If you are like me and lived through the 60s, some very cool interviews. One American rocker said when Cream came to America they were like Vikings. "They took our women and children and scorched the earth"

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Favre44] [#23]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

View All Quotes

Or perhaps a lot of people here don't like it because it's just a bad movie.

If a film is good it can be well liked here without being a "really strong action movie." 'Blue Ruin' is a good example of that.

Define bad.

It was well-shot, well-made, etc. It was a good movie IMO but not for everyone. I didnt really even liike it that much. Still think it was a good film.

Its introspective and a commentary on the class-system in totalitarian govts...or something like that. Thats what i got out of it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Snowpiercer

Yep

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#25]
"Not safe for work" was a great movie featuring no big name actors.

Guy at law firm finds himself trapped in a mostly abandoned office with hitman. I couldn't help but picture the lead as Aimless.

"the hustler" with Paul Newman was ok, but nothing I'd write home about. Shame because I love pool...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 4:03:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#26]
Originally Posted By Favre44:
Define bad.

It was well-shot, well-made, etc. It was a good movie IMO but not for everyone. I didnt really even liike it that much. Still think it was a good film.

Its introspective and a commentary on the class-system in totalitarian govts...or something like that. Thats what i got out of it.
View Quote

I'm not saying one way or the other.  Hell, I never even saw it.  My point was that just because a movie isn't a "really strong action movie" doesn't automatically mean most people here aren't going to like it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I'm not saying one way or the other.  Hell, I never even saw it.  My point was that just because a movie isn't a "really strong action movie" doesn't automatically mean most people here aren't going to like it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Favre44:
Define bad.

If you watch Snowpiercer, you might understand. The movie feels like you expect it to be either more action oriented or more drama oriented. The director kind of steered between those two poles.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By drachek1:
I just finished The League.
FOREVER UNCLEAN!!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drachek1:
Originally Posted By Smallbore_Freak:
Originally Posted By Snakedocc:
I`m new to netflix, had surgery a few weeks ago on my foot so I have been watching alot of it.

Can anyone recommend some good series to watch.

So far I have liked Breaking bad, Californication and Sons of anarchy.

Didnt like - Lost, Dexter, Weeds or Lillyhammer.

I'm enjoying The League
I just finished The League.
FOREVER UNCLEAN!!

Love it. And I hate series.

"Crap the booze out" -Rafi
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:
Two weeks ago a friend and I were browsing Netflix and spotted an anime series called Sword Art Online.  The description didn't tell us much other than it took place in a virtual reality MMORPG, but we gave the first episode a shot since we both used to play WoW.

The plot reveal in the first episode is actually a really effective hook, so I won't give away anything.  All I'll say is take the time to watch it.  I burned through the series in about a week and, as a casual fan of the genre, it's the best anime I've ever seen.  I've seen some great ones, but none got me more invested in the story or characters than SAO.
View Quote

I am not a huge Anime fan either, but based on your recommendation I gave this a whirl. I started yesterday and I'm on episode 13

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Wentworth.

Australian show, 2 seasons so far. Much like Orange is the New Black, but I like it better than Orange.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:
Wentworth.

Australian show, 2 seasons so far. Much like Orange is the New Black, but I like it better than Orange.
View Quote

How many lesbian scenes per episode?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:
Wentworth.

Despite the lack of lesian scenes (only 2 or 3 so far), better than Orange.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By TNBayou:
I am not a huge Anime fan either, but based on your recommendation I gave this a whirl. I started yesterday and I'm on episode 13

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNBayou:

Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

Two weeks ago a friend and I were browsing Netflix and spotted an anime series called Sword Art Online.  The description didn't tell us much other than it took place in a virtual reality MMORPG, but we gave the first episode a shot since we both used to play WoW.

The plot reveal in the first episode is actually a really effective hook, so I won't give away anything.  All I'll say is take the time to watch it.  I burned through the series in about a week and, as a casual fan of the genre, it's the best anime I've ever seen.  I've seen some great ones, but none got me more invested in the story or characters than SAO.

Get ready to get punched in the feels.

When you get to episode 25, consider everything after the opening credits to be a sort of epilogue, and everything prior to be the REAL ending.  Works better that way.

BTW, the follow-up series, SAO II, is on Hulu with new episodes every Saturday.  It's not nearly as good as the first series, but it's still enjoyable.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#34]
If you watch Snowpiercer, you might understand. The movie feels like you expect it to be either more action oriented or more drama oriented. The director kind of steered between those two poles.
View Quote

Again, I was simply commenting on just because a movie isn't a "really strong action movie" doesn't automatically mean most people here aren't going to like it.  'Blue Ruin' is an example of that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Reign Over Me was damn good.

Thanks for the recommendation on that one guys
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#36]
"Bridgend"

Crazy documentary about young teens hanging themselves, in Wales.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#37]
If someone happened to use Hola and happened to go to Brazil for a little while, there may be some good movies that they could watch.....
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Black ops 2 has some interesting episodes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#39]
another Netflix related diversion (funny stuff)

http://thechive.com/2014/12/09/funny-truths-about-netflix-20-photos
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rickedstyles] [#40]
Probably been mentioned but Homefront with Jason statham and James Franco was worth a watch..
Trying to think of some good documentaries..tl
They took Imposter off and now just the movie which I haven't seen,
But Dear Zachary is a good one .starts kinda slow but worth it..your blood will be boiling with wtf by the end
Into the Abyss is another "is this real life?" documentary about some idiot murderers from Tx.
Eta: Lost for Life was good. Doc. About minors serving life sentences
Thin blue line. Another doc. About a man (Randall Adams) falsely convicted of the murder of a cop (Robert Wood) in Tx
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By rickedstyles:
Probably been mentioned but Homefront with Jason statham and James Franco was worth a watch..
Trying to think of some good documentaries..tl
They took Imposter off and now just the movie which I haven't seen,
But Dear Zachary is a good one .starts kinda slow but worth it..your blood will be boiling with wtf by the end
Into the Abyss is another "is this real life?" documentary about some idiot murderers from Tx.
Eta: Lost for Life was good. Doc. About minors serving life sentences
Thin blue line. Another doc. About a man (Randall Adams) falsely convicted of the murder of a cop (Robert Wood) in Tx
View Quote

If you're into documentaries I highly reccomend "The Elephant In The Room".  It's about people who keep exotic animals as pets.  It's a bit sad but very interesting.  It follows owners of animals as well as a F&G agent in Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Tommytwoguns:

If someone happened to use Hola and happened to go to Brazil for a little while, there may be some good movies that they could watch.....
View Quote
Examples?

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Marco Polo Shall be interesting in a couple days.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:
Marco Polo Shall be interesting in a couple days.
View Quote

Yea I'm planning on giving it a watch.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I found MAD to be a quick, mindless, waste of time for ADD types like me.
episodes are only 11 min. long
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#46]
The new "red dawn" is a lot better than I was led to think.... even better than the original I say...
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:
The new "red dawn" is a lot better than I was led to think.... even better than the original I say...
View Quote

Easy big fella...let's not get too crazy for a Tuesday night.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Better than the original, No. If taken seperatly from the first it is a decent movie. If the original Red dawn had never exsited the newer one would be much more popular here.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#49]

"Not safe for work" was a great movie featuring no big name actors.

Guy at law firm finds himself trapped in a mostly abandoned office with hitman. I couldn't help but picture the lead as Aimless.

"the hustler" with Paul Newman was ok, but nothing I'd write home about. Shame because I love pool...
View Quote
The Hustler is an amazing movie.

It's an American classic.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

"Sooooo... what's the problem?" was my first thought after watching it.
Page / 330
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top