Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:04:34 AM EDT
has beans.

we usually get the hormel brand when we want canned chili.  here lately it has been pretty watered down.  i was gettin some groceries yesterday and saw this wolf chili on sale for a buck a can. they have homestyle, mild and hot.  got a can of homestyle and mild.  from the picture on the can, i didnt notice any beans.  i go to put it on my burrito salad, and i see beans all over the place.  

guess they didnt get the memo that chili doesnt have beans.  only chili beans have beans.

looks like a firemission is in order on Wolf brand chili.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Canned chili is like canned gravy.  A big no-no.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that the Wolf brand in the copper washed steel can?  You're going to get a jam., or worse, fire out of battery.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Wolf Brand chili is the shit! No beans, of course.

It's the only canned chili I've ever tried that was good. Hormel and all those others are crap.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is that the Wolf brand in the copper washed steel can?  You're going to get a jam., or worse, fire out of battery.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
has beans.

we usually get the hormel brand when we want canned chili.  here lately it has been pretty watered down.  i was gettin some groceries yesterday and saw this wolf chili on sale for a buck a can. they have homestyle, mild and hot.  got a can of homestyle and mild.  from the picture on the can, i didnt notice any beans.  i go to put it on my burrito salad, and i see beans all over the place.  

guess they didnt get the memo that chili doesnt have beans.  only chili beans have beans.

Looks like a fire mission on a consumer not paying attention. Not to mention half their products do not have beans, not saying canned Chili is a good idea in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then there is that weird smell.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

has beans.

Looks like a fire mission on a consumer not paying attention. Not to mention half their products do not have beans, not saying canned Chili is a good idea in the first place.

http://www.wolfbrandchili.com/images/prod-homestyle.png

That Texas on there clearly is a Typo or a sick joke.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
has beans.

http://www.wolfbrandchili.com/images/prod-homestyle.png

That Texas on there clearly is a Typo or a sick joke.

They put that Texas on the label because it makes it easier to take money from the yankees.  

They probably wolf down this slop with some of that nasty Jiffy cornbread, for an "authentic" Texas meal.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top