[#2]
Quoted:
Coke

Or for splitting a blunt....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lots of assumption fail in this thread.

I have a longer right pinky nail.  In addition to guitar, I also play sitar.  This requires that sometimes one uses this nail to strum the sympathetic strings which reside under the main strings.

Not everyone is a "doper",.but leave it the worldly occupants of GD to assume the worst....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I bet more people do coke than play the sitar.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a longer right pinky nail.  In addition to guitar, I also play sitar.  This requires that sometimes one uses this nail to strum the sympathetic strings which reside under the main strings.

Not everyone is a "doper",.but leave it the worldly occupants of GD to assume the worst....

I bet more people do coke than play the sitar.

I bet more Americans do coke than have ever heard of a sitar.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Booger picker.

Work with a metric shit ton of Mexicans. They all have one and that is what they use it for.

Gross as shit. No big deal to pick their nose and closely examine whatever they find on the tip of that nail.

Seen this as well.  Apparently, it's the only one "that fits".  
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Some people like a slightly longer thumbnail for defensive purposes.  Nicely augments an eye-gouge.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Where do you even find coke now? I can walk down the street to semi-legally buy pot in a store if I wanted to macrame my ass into a couch and listen to Floyd, meth is so common that I can't even buy cold medicine, but I don't know anyone that does coke anymore.

Of course - I'm in my 40's with a family, don't get out much, and this isn't the kind of things coworkers sit around and chat about, but still ...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Do you need a long fingernail to play a zither?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
One long fingernail is definitely weird.

There's a guy at my office that creeps me out a bit... he's in his 50's, bit of a potbelly, all his fingernails are just too long for a guy, they are neatly trimmed (as if he gets them manicured) and he puts clear nailpolish on them.

It looks very strange.  

The only reason I can think to do anything remotely like this is if you play classical guitar or something, but that would just be one hand, the other you'd keep trimmed back (I play guitar, so I do keep nails on my right hand just slightly longer, but no nail polish, thank you very much).

This guy doesn't play guitar, though... it's awful strange.  Seems like an alright guy, I've never had the guts to ask him why he does his nails like a girl...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

whatever tony montana

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]
It's for sniffing booger sugar.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've often wondered the same thing.

It's usually the little finger.

WTF?

It's called a Coke Pinkie
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I open letters with mine, when I am not using it for coke.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Used to work with a lot of Euros...most of them had one. Used as a screwdriver, scraper and probably a dozen other things I don't want to know about.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#15]
It means they take it down the throat or up the ass. Sort of a gaydar thing. Its how the playas find each other in a crowd. Or so I'm told...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they're only slightly long, and it's the thumb, it could be used for playing acoustic guitar.

Probably coke nail though.

I have known a couple of hard core red necks that have long thumb nails for eye gouging.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a biological rainbow sticker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Friend of mine has his pinky nail long.  He is anti-drug (doesn't even drink.)  

I asked him about it and he was evasive.  I'm guessing booger picker.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some people like a slightly longer thumbnail for defensive purposes.  Nicely augments an eye-gouge.

This possibly. I remember reading about the "bosun's sabre". In the days of wooden ships and iron men, sailors would grow a long sharpened thumb nail, to be used to slash or gouge in a brawl. Whereas the local port constabulary could cause trouble over a knife or belaying pin, not so much over slack personal hygiene. Plus it was cheap.

This info may be a figment of my imagination. I can't find any Google support for my recollection, so take it for what it's worth.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Friend of mine has his pinky nail long.  He is anti-drug (doesn't even drink.)  

I asked him about it and he was evasive.  I'm guessing booger picker.

Looking at the post above yours maybe he is not ready to come out of the closet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Cocaine is a hell-of-a drug!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#22]
How long of a fingernail are you talking about here?  

I usually leave the nail on my left index finger just a little bit longer when I cut my nails so I can split the seal on my dip cans without having to use a knife.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is precisely what a doper would say!

Hippie and doper are the same now right       right?    RIGHT?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This is precisely what a doper would say!

Hippie and doper are the same now right       right?    RIGHT?

Pretty much in the same class
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coke nail. Pretty common 'mongst the lower class

actually coke is the drug of the upper class.  You are thinking of a meth nail.

"Coke is fucking dead as... dead. Heroin, it's coming back in a big fucking way.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a longer right pinky nail.  In addition to guitar, I also play sitar.  

Well, that right there made me feel bad about all the assumptions I just made.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Coke

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Coke nail.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I once grew my thumb nail out really long, for no particular reason.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Did anyone say Coke Nail yet?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#31]
For scooping flour.

So they like to cook.  Give 'em a break.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Drug addict
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#33]
This requires that sometimes one uses this nail to strum the sympathetic strings which reside under the main strings.

Yeah, I run into alot of Sitar players they are as common as three legged cats.
If the pinkie nail is long then it is probably for drugs, coke, heroin, meth, whatever can be snorted. If it is the thumb nail then probably for fighting, eye gaouging etc.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#34]
I have an acquaintance that's a professional studio guitarist.  He has long nails on his picking/strumming hand.
...He also has been known to partake of a little blow now and then, too, so maybe his fingernails are multitools.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#35]
In case they need a bump of booger sugar.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Next time ask em for a bump.  See what they say.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Probably has a hole in one of his pockets.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Oriental people traditionally grow one or more nails out to show that they are of an upper class and don't do physical labor.

These people don't sound like upper class orientals though.

I saw someone once who had a long nail that he used to cut tape and stuff to open things.

Also you can insufflate drugs off of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Weird.

I don't know anyone who has one long nail.

I've never seen anyone who has one long nail.

Y'all must hang out with a lot of druggies!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

yeah im sure he met the 2 of the 3 people in America that play a fucking sitar.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I knew a serious freestyle frisbee stylist once who grew his middle-finger nail long.  But not an inch long.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coke nail. Pretty common 'mongst the lower class

actually coke is the drug of the upper class. You are thinking of a meth nail.

Anyone who uses dope of any kind is lower class.  I dont care how much money they have or what their name is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Have any of yall watched that show Billy The Exterminator?

I was watching it the other day and noticed he had one, i was like WTF!

Anyone else noticed this?

-Rog
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Certain electrical and manufacturing people do this, for picking wires or strings etc. quickly out of bundles.

I know a few telecom guys who do that, we make jokes about the "coke spoon" too, but damn they're fast when you watch them sort through a rack of equipment and then go sort wire pairs for a punch-down etc.

I kept the pointer finger and thumb nails on my right hand long for a number of years for this exact reason. Not "Chick long" but a bit abnormally long for a guy.

It works awesome for separating cat5 pairs for punchdown and sorting cables as well as for stuff like opening boxes.

Work pretty well for nose mining too.

But I got too much shit for them so I wound up cutting them off. (didn't give a shit about co workers razzing me, more worried about clients thinking I was a coke head).

For the record, I have never done coke or meth, nor have I split a blunt.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Coke nail.

This.

coke whore nail

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This possibly. I remember reading about the "bosun's sabre". In the days of wooden ships and iron men, sailors would grow a long sharpened thumb nail, to be used to slash or gouge in a brawl. Whereas the local port constabulary could cause trouble over a knife or belaying pin, not so much over slack personal hygiene. Plus it was cheap.

This info may be a figment of my imagination. I can't find any Google support for my recollection, so take it for what it's worth.

I remember it as a "Bosun's Knife".  Think I read it in a Jack London novel, possibly "The Call Of The Wild  ooops, "The Sea Wolf".  Or maybe it was "Moby Dick"?
But yeah, the other guy uses or wants to look like he uses.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I keep my thumb and index nail slightly longer to help in opening cans of soda and picking up shit like change
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#50]
The ones i have come across use it for breaking open blunts to fill them with weed.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top