Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:32:58 AM EDT
I have been watching a lot of HGTV, we recently bought a house and are doing a lot of renovations so I find the shows pretty entertaining. However, I've noticed they have a disproportionate amount of same-sex couples on a lot of their shows. Mainly "House Hunters" and "Bang for your Buck", which is where people upgrade a certain room in their house and then a designer and a realtor rate the value of their upgrade.  I recently saw a "bang for your buck" episode where 2 out of the 3 couples were two guys. It's kind of weird to me. Call me a homophobe or whatever, but it does seem they are making an effort to promote or normalize a same-sex lifestyle. Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
yea tv is promoting all the minority groups way out of proportion to their numbers (or contribution to America)
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Social engineering. Keep putting it on TV until people think it's normal. Consider canceling cable if it bothers you. Voting with your wallet is an American tradition.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife loves HGTV.  I want to fucking stab myself when I hear it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]

WWBVD

(what would bob vila do)

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
a guy sucking dick or taking it in the ass is not normal lifestyle by any means.Look at all the catholics getting catched and brought to justice for the same thing...time to get the blow people wagons loaded up and send them all to dessert islands or  retraining
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't you know?  It's cool to be gay.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#9]
All that excess testosterone and money has to go somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Just turn the TV off.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Check the closing credits... quite a few of those HGTV shows are produced in Canada.  I can tell instantly from the Canadian accents.  It wouldn't be unusual for a home type show produced in Toronto or Vancouver to feature a gay couple.  

Not one of the usual GD digs at Canada... I was born and raised there so I know what it's like.  Significant openly gay population in some cities.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Its all about the fagification of America.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife loves that stuff.  Every time I turn on the tv it's on that station.  Then she wants to talk about repainting a room three different colors.  I tell her she's got $300 to go to Home Depot and buy the paint.  I tell her where the rollers, tape, brushes, and plastic are.  For some reason the project never gets started.

I think the only show I can sit down and watch is Holmes on Homes.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I dont know how they can fill 24 hours of programming 7 days a week, with every show being the same premise (gay guy helps you find a house).
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]
it has always been homo gay TV .
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Social engineering. Keep putting it on TV until people think it's normal.

Yeah... that must be it.

Quoted:

They are catering to their demographic.

Hey now, knock off all that common sense. Don't ya know it's a plot?
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#17]
And the male designers on those shows are also quite ghey. It started years ago with Christopher,  Lowell, (Google), (uber ghey), and his show on Discovery. Women loved this guy and his show had hugh ratings, and he made big bucks.

Women, love the ghey desiger guys. Creepy.

My wife is glued to these shows.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My father says the exact same thing.

Holmes and Homes is the last bastion of manliness on there,

The female scam artist realtor pisses me off
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
a guy sucking dick or taking it in the ass is not normal lifestyle by any means.Look at all the catholics getting catched and brought to justice for the same thing...time to get the blow people wagons loaded up and send them all to dessert islands or  retraining

and ibtl
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Social engineering. Keep putting it on TV until people think it's normal. Consider canceling cable if it bothers you. Voting with your wallet is an American tradition.

+1

Max
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I used to like that show, forgot the title of it, about flipping homes.  The one with the dude from South Carolina and his assistant Ginger.  I always thought Ginger was sexy with her accent and all.  Then they went and cancelled the show, so I haven't watched HGTV since then.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yep. I canceled HBO because of Bill Maher and told them so.

I eventually canceled DirecTV as well. Been about 2 years now, don't miss it a bit.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Because it's a gay-ass, feminized, hippy loving channel to begin with....??
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#24]
So, women like to see gay couples? They think they are cute or something? Do they know about the ass-fucking?
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I used to like that show, forgot the title of it, about flipping homes.  The one with the dude from South Carolina and his assistant Ginger.  I always thought Ginger was sexy with her accent and all.  Then they went and cancelled the show, so I haven't watched HGTV since then.

That was a very well done show, I enjoyed it too.  Ginger was super cute.

The lineup of shows since then have been pretty bad.  I don't watch anymore either.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Max

Spot on.

So, what... the execs at HGTV are sitting around a table in a boardroom (located inside a hollowed out volcano, of course), planning how to use their channel to give Americans teh ghey?

And let me guess... fluoride in the water is involved in this somewhere, too?

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.

I didn't know T.V. was about social engineering instead of buying and selling stuff.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.

So, what... the execs at HGTV are sitting around a table in a boardroom (located inside a hollowed out volcano, of course), planning how to use their channel to give Americans teh ghey?  

IZ CONSPIRACY!!!ONE11

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just turn the TV off.

Done and done. No cable or sat in my house for a while now. It was like watching the documentary of the downfall of the USA in real time. I chose not to participate.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.

You guys crack me up. No tin foil needed if you dont get it........
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted: You guys crack me up. No tin foil needed if you dont get it........

But you "get it", right? They can't fool you.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Dessert islands?  That sounds pretty good... I have some unused vacation.  

Oh, I see; it was a misspelling.  I guess the word "catched" should have been my first clue.

Retraining sounds like a good idea though... I'm sure that would work.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Who is more likely to use an interior decorator and then agree to put up with all the BS production to show it off?

Single guy?

Married couple with small kids?

Or gay couple with lots of disposable income?

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Who is more likely to use an interior decorator and then agree to put up with all the BS production to show it off?

Single guy?

Not to mention, who's gonna be watching the show?

But no, it's a plot to ghey us all up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Single guy?

Really this isn't needed. Need more OMGWTFBBQ THEY IS OUT TO GETZ US AND MAKEZ US ALL GAYZ!!!

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Single guy?

Really this isn't needed. Need more OMGWTFBBQ THEY IS OUT TO GETZ US AND MAKEZ US ALL GAYZ!!!

Well, in the interests of full disclosure, the GF and I did watch House Hunters last night... so I may already be undergoing the transformation.

(Now that I think about it, I have been feeling kinda fabulous today.)

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.

You need to educate yourself on propaganda techniques. Liberals use the media to shape public opinion and one of the ways they do that is by presenting the abnormal as normal until the public accepts it.

I didn't know T.V. was about social engineering instead of buying and selling stuff.

Liberals use television commercials to sell products, they use television shows to sell ideas.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Max

Spot on.

You need to educate yourself on propaganda techniques. Liberals use the media to shape public opinion and one of the ways they do that is by presenting the abnormal as normal until the public accepts it.

So...

1. Take up GLBT cause

2. Try to indoctrinate the masses

3. Pay money to have HGTV

4. ???

5. Profit.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Single guy?

Well, in the interests of full disclosure, the GF and I did watch House Hunters last night... so I may already be undergoing the transformation.  

(Now that I think about it, I have been feeling kinda fabulous today.)

Cool I know who to PM when I get new mini blinds  so they won't clash with  the carpet

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

My wife too. She even watches "Bang for Your Butt".

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<SNIP>
<SNIP>

Really? No way! Those sneaky libs!

Maybe I should educate myself. Do you have a pamphlet I could read or something?

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah my wife watches HGTV and DIY... about once a day I hear her say "grrrr another lesbian couple."

Show producers trying to normalize teh ghey.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Show it enough and people will stop voicing against it. I would say the owners of the broadcast company are bleeding liberals pushing an agenda.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My father says the exact same thing.

Holmes and Homes is the last bastion of manliness on there,

The female scam artist realtor pisses me off

Holmes on Homes is my favorite; he's definitely not gay and he loves to demo stuff. But I digress...

Which show are you talking about with a scam artist realtor? I don't know that I've seen that one yet.  Are you talking about "Property Virgins"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top