Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2010 8:19:40 PM EDT
What is the best option for this?  Preferably low cost.

I would really like to get a speaker or two to place in the bathroom.  I think it would make getting ready in the morning much more enjoyable.  Just turning up the speakers in the bedroom isn't an option since there are other people still asleep while I'm getting ready.  

The best thing would be if I could stream it somehow from my Iphone (yes I already have pandora on my phone), because I normally don't turn my laptop on before going to work.  

If you aren't familiar with Pandora.com, check it out.  You type in a band, song, or genre and it learns what you like and plays more stuff like it.  Its generally very good at going with what you like.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Do a web search on 900 MHz audio transmitters. There are a ton out there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I helped a guy with his ipod this weekend and he had some apple gizmo that attached to the bottom of it that played his music thru an FM radio.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Find wireless speakers. Install. It shouldn't matter whether you're streaming it from pandora or any other source, you should in theory be able to find something using a standard jack to plug into whatever audio source.

Alternative you could use a blue tooth speaker. I know best buy sells them.

ETA: hell if you're just going to use your iphone you can buy some cheap computer speakers and just plug the damn thing in directly.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I stream it to a I-pod touch in a docking station.

ETA- I'm not sure how it works, I think it uses our wireless network... My wife set it up.

Link Posted: 3/30/2010 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Find wireless speakers. Install. It shouldn't matter whether you're streaming it from pandora or any other source, you should in theory be able to find something using a standard jack to plug into whatever audio source.

ETA: hell if you're just going to use your iphone you can buy some cheap computer speakers and just plug the damn thing in directly.
Any idea how far the blue tooth range is?  I believe there is built in bluetooth on my laptop.  

I'll end up doing the computer speakers route, if I can't find anything else that is reasonable.  I was just thinking wireless music in the house would be pretty cool.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2010 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Any idea how far the blue tooth range is?  I believe there is built in bluetooth on my laptop.  

I'll end up doing the computer speakers route, if I can't find anything else that is reasonable.  I was just thinking wireless music in the house would be pretty cool.  

During my brief googling, I think the one set I looked at said up to 33 ft, but I would take that with a grain of salt. With my luck/ experience with wireless anything, I would say you'd have to try them to see how well they worked.
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks.  I did a little googling as well.  I found that most are only 15-25 ft range.  That would be pushing the range I would like.  I'll probably just get some computer speakers I can move in there in the mornings.

I'll just have to find some better ones.  I got some cheap battery powered speakers that you can barely hear, and some older computer speakers that plug in the wall that aren't much better.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top