Author
Renegade of Funk
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:59:44 AM
Thursday I got a root canal and a temporary crown on good ole #7. Friday morning it popped off while eating oatmeal. So my doc glued it back on, saying "I'm using the permanent glue, it'll be hell to get off when your permanent crown gets in from the lab, but it should stay on until then." This glue was the stuff they use the ultra violet light to cure, I believe.

Well it popped off again this morning. I can stick it back on and walk around looking normal, and pull it out to eat and sleep, but man that's a pain in my ass. I just sneezed it out of my mouth a minute ago and scrambled around on the ground looking like I'd lost a contact. I'm afraid I'm going to swallow or lose the thing at this rate.

There are no clearance issues, I can't figure out why it won't stay when glued.
"It's hard to kill a horse with a flute."
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

LaRue customer for life!
Ponyboy
Not capable of civil debate
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 11:01:34 AM
Gorilla Glue!

You won't even need a permanent crown!
www.hogzillascents.com

www.wildhoghunters.com

Engineer5
First in, Last out
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 11:03:33 AM
call your dentist. Problem solved.
-Nemo me impune lacesset.

-Beware the fury of a patient man.

-Thousands and thousands of laws....All for just ten commandments.

-"alot" is not a word.
Kuraki
Renegade of Funk
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 11:06:43 AM

Originally Posted By Engineer5:

On Saturday?

I can't go to the dentist to have this thing glued back on every morning. Which is the pattern that's beginning to take place. I don't mind just snapping it on, but I'm worried about the tooth stump beginning to decay between now and when the real crown comes in, if the temp one is just snapped on. Seems like a great place for bacteria to collect.

LaRue customer for life!
Engineer5
First in, Last out
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 11:15:20 AM
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

On Saturday?

I can't go to the dentist to have this thing glued back on every morning. Which is the pattern that's beginning to take place. I don't mind just snapping it on, but I'm worried about the tooth stump beginning to decay between now and when the real crown comes in, if the temp one is just snapped on. Seems like a great place for bacteria to collect.

Call the office. They should have an after hours/emergency number they will give you. Probably send you to a different doc. that's open on Sat. I don't know what else you can do. Sounds like the temp. crown isn't sized right.
-Nemo me impune lacesset.

-Beware the fury of a patient man.

-Thousands and thousands of laws....All for just ten commandments.

-"alot" is not a word.
ecgRN
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:10:30 PM
Get it fixed, and get it fixed right. You don't want to mess with the temp to the point the permanent one won't seat right.

Implants are expensive.....trust me.
Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that may have to be killed. - HST
eracer
Grendel FTW
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:15:42 PM

Fire your dentist. If he can't get a temp crown to work, how badly is he going to fuck up the real one?
Social de-evolution appears complete. Typical human behavior is now entirely absent.
Zhukov
Does not play well with others
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:17:18 PM
1) Call dentist
2) IM DrSalee
Daddy loves you. Now go away.
David4327
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:18:08 PM
Use a blender to prepare your meals until Monday.
ecgRN
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 12:20:56 PM
Originally Posted By eracer:

Fire your dentist. If he can't get a temp crown to work, how badly is he going to fuck up the real one?

Exactly....
Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that may have to be killed. - HST
Commander_Adama
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 1:08:16 PM
Happened at my house last week. Dentist advised Polident. It worked, but keep it with you.
Commander_Adama
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 1:10:03 PM
That isn't an error. The temp crown is purposely glued with weak adhesive.
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Originally Posted By eracer:

Exactly....

DPeacher
WSBPTKT
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 1:13:31 PM

Originally Posted By Kuraki:

On Saturday?

That is precisely why you call your dentist on a Saturday. I'm willing to bet the molar mechanic will bend over backwards to find a workable solution. Give them a call.

"There is no American culture anymore and, without a culture, there is nothing to fight for other than mere survival." ~ Jarhead_22
Kuraki
Renegade of Funk
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:03:53 PM
Answering machine, no weekend number. I left a voicemail. I'm not concerned with the real crown and whether that will be workable or not, I have one that's a year old now that I've had zero problems with. I'm also not firing this dentist as he's the first dentist I've ever been to who I'm happy with.

LaRue customer for life!
Ohio_Bill
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:05:32 PM
Is there a Sears Dental near you? They might take you as a walk-in.
ecgRN
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:10:40 PM
Sears Dental...really?

Lester_Burnham
Smile, you're at Mr. Smiley's
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:13:54 PM
[Last Edit: 3/20/2010 2:14:46 PM by Lester_Burnham]
I bought some stuff at the drugstore one time, I can't remember what it was called but it was a temporary patch to put in if you lost a filling or crown. It was basically just for use in a situation like yours, to get you by until you can get to the dentist. I *think* this is what it was: http://www.amazon.com/Dentemp-O-S-Step-Filling-Material/dp/B000052Y8Z/ref=pd_bxgy_hpc_img_b
"They said I was the fighter who got knocked down the most...but I also got up the most." -Floyd Patterson

www.cherokeegraphicdesign.com
Mak
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:22:20 PM
JB Weld
Lancaster, the first time I saw their rifles (from Bulgarian kits) at a gun show I said they looked really nice, they had used such good kits. They insisted that they weren't kit guns but 100% Russian, This was their Russian Red series..AndyMan
offctr
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:29:27 PM
the local CVS/Rite aid/Walgreens etc should have dentemp or temparin MAX in the dental section that should hold it normally till you can get in to see him I have used it and it holds good for atleast a couple of days ––and I chew alot of gum since I quit smoking a few tears back. Keep it with you and if it pops back off you can put it right back on. I have a permanent that seems to come off every few years this is the fix till I get in to the dentist to have it redone.
Soylent green tastes like chicken

950 billion dollars --is that enough change for you America?

I'll keep My guns,My Freedom and My money.
You can keep the"change".
Dog1
U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/20/2010 2:30:26 PM
Originally Posted By Mak:
JB Weld

That's what I was thinking...or some Marine Tex...
Hansan: "This is a .30 caliber, gas operated, clip fed, semi-automatic rifle....."
Soldier: "Look, you ain't sellin it to me, you're only showing me how it works."