Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm not a cowboy and I wear cowboy boots.

Call me gay if you want to.  I don't give a fuck.  I live in Texas,

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
A good pair of "cowboy"  boots are the most comfortable shoes i have ever worn.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Wear 'em!

I wear mine all the damn time, hell I'm sitting on my ass at work today and I've got my Lucchese on.

Again, another guy in Texas.

Look, while you Texas guys can wear Wranglers, Pearl button shirts, and cowboy boots,
that will not fly in New York, except in a gay bar. No offense intended, that's just a fact.

OP is in Illinois and so I'm going to say the same applies to him, at least in the city.

Won't fly in Toronto either.

No shit? I wore my boots and Levis to some bars (not gay bars) in Pittsburgh when I was visiting family and the women couldn't keep their hands off of me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I think if you like them and assuming you don't have bright ass red/pink/etc. boots that scream the gayness, they are just fine.

Al from Ministry wears them along with his big cowboy hat..he is one scary dude. It is all in the attitude.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Well here in the Netherlands it would be a mute point as the boots would be illegal (snake skin)
And getting caught with them means no more guns for you (you would be a criminal, and we all know criminal's should not have guns).

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Posers!

Me and my brother were walking the Vegas strip one night very drunk, when we ran into a group of "cowboys". My brother being partial redneck asked where they got the hats from. One "cowboy" replied, "We are real cowboys, you can't get these hats here" We LOL'd and continued on our drunken escapade.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well here in the Netherlands it would be a mute point as the boots would be illegal (snake skin)
And getting caught with them means no more guns for you (you would be a criminal, and we all know criminal's should not have guns).

So it's cool to have footwear made from the skin of fuzzy mammals, but not ok to have footwear made from scaly reptiles?

Don't be a pussy, wear the damn boots.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just found an old pair of diamond back rattler western boots that I wore back in my 20's. Not a cowboy nor a counrty boy. Aside from being too tight now, they are damn cool looking with jeans on. So the question is, non cowboy/country boy wearing western boots, gay or not gay?

Sure, if you're in 1987 and you're the front man for a hair-band. Otherwise, they look damned stupid. Ricky Bobby stupid.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm wearing simple black leather cowboy boots right now at my desk.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cowboy boots are sexy as hell.

Yeah, to hot chicks and gay dudes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's cool to have footwear made from the skin of fuzzy mammals, but not ok to have footwear made from scaly reptiles?

It's not just a European thing.  Kangaroo leather is banned in California.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Willie Nelson says it best.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

googling now for kangaroo cowboy boots
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Not gay unless you put your pants down inside them.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#16]
My uncle has a farm and cows... he wears orthopedics

as long as it's not some metro guy driving a small car
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not just a European thing. Kangaroo leather is banned in California.

googling now for kangaroo cowboy boots

Kangaroo Lucchese's

http://www.lucchese.com/collections.php
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Not my style, but I don't spend much time thinking about what other guys wear.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#19]

I voted not gay, but that was before I saw your boots.  They are teh gay!

Quoted:
Just found an old pair of diamond back rattler western boots that I wore back in my 20's. Not a cowboy nor a counrty boy. Aside from being too tight now, they are damn cool looking with jeans on. So the question is, non cowboy/country boy wearing western boots, gay or not gay?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/DEG169/no-2147-34-403-NtrlWstrnDmnRtlsnk13.jpg

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
not gay, in the same league as wearing cammies and not being a Marine sniper

I was a Marine but not a sniper.  What would you have wanted me to wear? Tights?  

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#21]
After just reading the thread about the Marine poser . . . I laughed out loud when I saw the title of your thread, OP!

Too funny!

For the record, I have two pair of traditional cowboy boots. I love 'em! When my back is acting up, nothing helps more - 'cept maybe a full-body massage from my sweetie!

Ha! After that, I put on my boots and parade around the house (in my underwear, of course!) and all is well with the world . . !
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was a Marine but not a sniper.  What would you have wanted me to wear? Tights?  

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:45:55 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd like to wear them.......but, I'm too tall for cowboy boots.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was a Marine but not a sniper. What would you have wanted me to wear? Tights?

[emilioestevez]

No I don't wear tights. I wear the required uniform

[/emilioestevez]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I prefer boot technology developed in the last 30 or so years.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I was given a pair of boots in a trade for a holster and belt back when I lived in Southern California about 15 years ago.  I had never worn them before but they were extremely comfortable.  I still own a few pairs today, just plain Justins, and wear them on occasion.  I don't really give a crap what people think about the footwear I wear

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Weill since I actually gain a significant amount of my income from working with cattle I would say it makes you a dude. Course the way we define a dude is probably different from you, dude.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is what I'm thinking.

What purpose does a cowboy boot serve that a modern boot can't do as well, if not 100 times better?
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#29]
It's amazing the difference between, say - $150 pair of boots and a $250 pair. I've worn them of and on since I learned to ride & shoot (maybe 7 years old or 1975). Cheap boots are like a slow form or torture, while good boots are better on my fallen arches and metatarsal doohickeys than those fucking prescription orthotic hunks of shit.

Weird critter skins, that phase lasted from 18-22 ... pretty much my prime bar hopping years. Cow is all I'll wear now, although I'll still look at elk and buffalo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:03:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be a pussy, wear the damn boots.

The truth ! and the best part would be me losing my gunlicence as a convicted criminal, thank PETA and the eco nutjobs for that one.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Willie Nelson says it best.  

Actually, George Carlin did at about 2:15.  "You don't see anyone walking around in a pirate costume, do ya?"    We have a lot of "cowboys" in the suburbs here for some reason....
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I wear tennis shoes sometimes, and I don't play tennis.

+1

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I wear boots everyday.

I would not wear those snakeskin boots unless I was pimping for my hoes.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that just for clothes, or would something like an Indiana Jones whip be banned as well?

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Cowboy = gay
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you have to ask...

The answer is always "yes."
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Not gay, and I have been wearing cowboy boots since I was a kid.  Lived in NY for years, and the ladies never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ok in the midwest and west.  Gay in the east.

I work on a cattle farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern VA.  I wear cowboy boots; though I don't consider myself a 'cowboy' even though it's my primary job.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not my style, but I don't spend much time thinking about what other guys wear.

I'm seriously starting to thing Arfcom needs a "what not to wear" section for all of this nonsense, but I fear GD might be cut in half.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I find it ironic that several of those who said they would kiss a guy for $100,000 (some even said for $1000) are calling cowboy boots gay.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok in the midwest and west.  Gay in the east.

I work on a cattle farm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern VA.  I wear cowboy boots; though I don't consider myself a 'cowboy' even though it's my primary job.

I was originally going to say east coast, where you're supposed to wear sandals/thongs.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Are you a Yankee?

I don't know for sure what a Yankee is, you understand. But I'm 80% sure non-cowboy Yankee's shouldn't wear them. Calling anyone West of the Mississippi a "Yankee", of course, is going to get you laughed at. So somewhere East of the Mississippi and North of something lies a semi-mythical land that I have no desire to visit where men shouldn't wear cowboy boots. Unless you tuck your pant legs into your boots. Then you look stupid wherever you are.

Otherwise, fuck off. I'm not taking a rattler bite in the leg because you think you're Mr. Fashion

You're on fire in this thread, Wyzardd.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#44]
There is one acceptable time to wear cowboy boots... when you are riding a horse.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
There is one acceptable time to wear cowboy boots... when you are riding a horse.

That's why all Real Cowboys™ carry a pair of crocs in their fanny pack or purse, so when they dismount the fashion police have nothing to complain about.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I grew up on a cattle ranch.  Even cowboys don't wear cowboy boots anymore.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Those boots are for riding horses.  Unless you're wearing them while you're riding dudes, they aren't gay.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#48]
It's a state of mind.  I draw the line at flip-flops however.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#49]
If you have to ask.... it probably is.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 1:24:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Nobody is a cowboy anymore. That doesn't mean we have to give up or boots and our lever action rifles.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top