Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2001 5:12:32 AM EDT
titled "Gunshows"

There certainly seems to be enough interest in them. And I guess quite a few of the board users don't subscribe to Gun List or Shotgun News.

I think it would work really well if we enforced a format for the topics suchs as "State, Date, Location" so that every thread was listed that way (e.g., PA - 9/24-25 - Ft. Washington).

I'll even volunteer to moderate it if necessary.

David<
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#2]
GB -

I added the PA Gun Shows for the rest of the month since I know we have an active group here and there is a fair amount of interest in them.

Take a look at the calendar and imagine that 10 other guys did this for their states. It would be completely unmanagable.

I know we have a meetings and events section; when I tried to organize a group to meet up at a gun show in PA two weeks ago we ended up with multiple different threads started by different people on the same topic.

Anyway, give it some thought -
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
How about meets and shoots for the members to get together and do a "show and tell" at different ranges?  Voting on locations and dates would be another aspect of this page.  Hearing someone talk about a good setup is nice and dandy, but seeing them print those 1/2MOA groups is an eye opening educational experience.  Vendors and other merchants can be invited along, which would guarantee attendance.  I don't post here all of the time, so I don't know if this is currently being done.  
G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top