Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 7:41:44 PM EDT
There are a lot of things that I'm not sure what forum they'd properly fit into.  What kind of tourniquets guys use, how they store them, what do people have for vehicle first aid kits, etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering about this as well. I've been trying to read up on IFAKs, tourniquets, and such and I'm surprised there isn't a section on this board covering emergency medical treatment/first aid.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Any chance for this, or anyone else in favor of it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a bad idea

I use EMTlife.com

Obviously more geared toward Emts and medics but not a bad resource.

In addition to my EMT I teach for the red cross and I can post the class material here for wilderness first aid CPR-pro etc etc.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
YES!!! I just posted the same thing.

Medical stuff is scattered between Outdoors/survival and armory/tactical gear. Its a pain trying to find medical related stuff in between discussions on wheat and beans, plate carriers, pellet smokers and war belts!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been in favor of one for quite some time and have made a suggestion thread or two about it. We have some very good medical folks* on the site that could contribute.

*I don't include myself in that description. I'm just a dumb radio DJ that decided to go to med school.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]
A medical forum would be great.  Lots of MD's and RN's here as well as other health care professionals.  A recent thread in GD was excellent in bouncing ideas off of other people in the buisness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top