Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2014 5:10:29 PM EDT
We have a site full of people discussing shooting, preparedness, health problems, outdoor activities, etc.

With all the ways discussed of getting hurt, we don't have any single place to talk about treating the hurts or even just asking for support. There are a huge number of members with a variety of medical backgrounds. Many of their publications and operational experiences make my CV look like a first grade reading assignment. I think a medical forum or subforum would be a worthwhile addition to the site.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
+1.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
One of my favorite things i've heard is you're more likely to save a life with a medical kit than a firearm. Even if you don't know how to use a blow out kit (you should) there is generally someone at the scene who will have some medical experience.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of my favorite things i've heard is you're more likely to save a life with a medical kit than a firearm. Even if you don't know how to use a blow out kit (you should) there is generally someone at the scene who will have some medical experience.
View Quote

I've helped save more lives with tourniquets, nasal airways, CPR, 14g needles, and direct pressure than I ever have with a gun.

My sample population is skewed, though. Hospital institutional review boards aren't likely to let me do a research project on guns for resuscitation.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably a good idea

.....but in before the mass influx of guys who have abscesses  the size up pumpkins in their mouths and want to only operate on it themselves or others bitten by rabid kittens  (that are really possums and raccoons) and insist on just treating it with antibiotics meant for goldfish.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've helped save more lives with tourniquets, nasal airways, CPR, 14g needles, and direct pressure than I ever have with a gun.

My sample population is skewed, though. Hospital institutional review boards aren't likely to let me do a research project on guns for resuscitation.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might scare the hell out of the libs so much it restarts their heart
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Defibrillator? No time."
[draws gun]
"Ride the lightning!"

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I like this idea.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]

I'd love to see a good medical forum here.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I came here to post the same thing. Glad I dupe checked it

It'd be nice to have a place where surgeons, docs, nurses, techs etc could congregate. A place to discuss schooling, a place to vent about the day where like minded people understand what you're talking about, and a place where members can ask questions. As stated above, there is a lot of info that could be shared amongst us, to better help and serve arfcommers on a daily basis and help those that simply want to be prepared.

If we could keep the GD type nonsense at bay, I think it could be very useful. I have a lot of questions I'd love to talk to fellow members about (career wise and personal.)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#10]
count me in. how do we make this happen?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
count me in. how do we make this happen?
View Quote

No idea. Maybe we stage a hostile takeover of an unused subforum somewhere. That's what we, I mean, they used to do on irc back in the mid 90s.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
lol. let's dream big and go for GD.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Medhelp used to be a good site, and is still the largest medical site on the net.

At one time they had forums for members to interact, and forums where a doctor would answer the questions. All of the doctors ran away, the site is lying and stuffing sunshine up people's butts while they try to find doctors to replace the ones who ran away, and the members only forums are full of crazy people giving advice to desperate people. Bad advice most of the time.

That's just what Goatboy needs hanging over his head.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Quoted:
Medhelp used to be a good site, and is still the largest medical site on the net.

At one time they had forums for members to interact, and forums where a doctor would answer the questions. All of the doctors ran away, the site is lying and stuffing sunshine up people's butts while they try to find doctors to replace the ones who ran away, and the members only forums are full of crazy people giving advice to desperate people. Bad advice most of the time.

That's just what Goatboy needs hanging over his head.

Good points. Threads would be filled with three standard responses: "amputate," "dibs on xxxxx," and "go to the ER."
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I would guess the anti-vaccine crowd, the colloidal silver smurfs, and the fish antibiotic know it alls would make it moderator hell.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 3:55:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Want to hear something ironic?
My doctor told me today (yesterday) that I have multiple sclerosis, and I'll be talking about it in GD, because that health forum I mentioned sucks so much.

FML  
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top