Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2013 11:30:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe at this point any new thread about 300 blackout that is created gets locked. It really sucks and is hurting the conversation surounding 300 blackout reloading.
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe at this point any new thread about 300 blackout that is created gets locked. It really sucks and is hurting the conversation surounding 300 blackout reloading.
View Quote

+1000

It is nuts- sifting through page after page, for 300 blk information.

You have the tools and accesories for converting brass and reloading,
recipes for supers,
recipes for subs,
best powders and projectiles for ARs and bolt/single shots.

It really needs broken out in a sub forum so it would be easier to search.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed. I just went through that 40-page thread looking for load data for Missouri's 245-gr lead bullet. While I did find loads for similar bullets that will probably work, it took forever to find them. I also found people asking the same questions over and over.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Yes Please. A sub forum for 300 BLK. Thank you.

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok great. I have read the huge 300 blackout thread and its daunting. I have been looking for days here: yes I did do a search, and other sites. I don't get it and I just need to understand what barrel configuration is correct. I have read where AAC has wrote that the 16" barrel with carbine length gas system is the way to go if you wish to shoot subs and supers. Then you click away to the next one and a bunch of folks say hell no pistol gas length on 16" barrel. I will not have the money in any near future to worry about getting a suppressor. So I would love the ability to shoot both consistently out of whatever platform I end up building. With the 16inch barrel, h buffer, and carbine gas length is this correct? Then you get into the debate over barrel twist. I understand like all things gun it is a personal choice\preference. I want to shoot 125-150 grain bullets mostly. Seems like there are a lot of votes for 1:7 twist. I am really at an end road of overwhelmed curiosity. I have one chance to get a barrel ordered, and can not just say oh well when it is in correct and order another. I have done my due diligence for research. This is in the tech forum for a reason, and I really appreciate if you guys could help me get this right the first time. I'm sure I have left something out critical to the discussion for that I apologize.
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Worst case with the pistol gas system is its overgassed and you need an adjustable gas block. Worst case wit ha carbine gas system is, is it wont run the ammo you want and you need to get a new barrel or not shoot subs!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I completely understand that statement. So if I want to shoot subs it has to be pistol. If I want to shoot supers... go with carbine and just hope for the best with subs. That's the reason of my op there is no set answer to it.

Quoted:
Worst case with the pistol gas system is its overgassed and you need an adjustable gas block. Worst case wit ha carbine gas system is, is it wont run the ammo you want and you need to get a new barrel or not shoot subs!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The problem with a carbine gas system, is that with subs you may not have enough gas (volume) pressure to cycle the bolt. Everywhere I have read said go with a pistol gas, no matter the length. My 10.5" has a pistol gas system and shoots everything fine. Hell, I've been able to cycle 160gr subsonics!
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

+1000

recipes for supers,
recipes for subs,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1000

recipes for supers,
recipes for subs,

This I absolute hate searching that thread and actually end up going to another forum for info....
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I spoke to AAC yesterday directly. Where I completely understand there are some questions that can not be answered due to proprietary reasons I did get closer to my understanding this round. I asked above, and was still at a loss. They informed me that with factory ammo a 16 inch barrel will run all subs and supers. The problems and debate come into question with reloads. I will not be able to afford the stamp\suppressor so I will be shooting supers all the time more likely. They said that there is only  5% difference in felt recoil of a sub\super . I would really like to give them their due and purchase a barrel from them, but when I can find them other places for 150.00 that's a huge difference in price. I expressed that to them and my appreciation for the talk. He did finally get to tell me around black Friday they are going to have some deals going on. I think I am going with the carbine length system.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#11]
13stars, quit hijacking the thread. this is about adding a subforum, not about your personal issues. post somewhere else.
Top Top