User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dodge223:

I have a hand sketch with dims and they only need a 2D outline!

Anyone?
View Quote

What format do you need it in?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

What format do you need it in?
View Quote

.dxf? They have auto desk
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:

.dxf? They have auto desk
View Quote

Sending you a PM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got an item I'm trying to have made and the shop with the cheapest quote wants me to make a couple minor changes to make it easier for them to make. I'd like to duplicate their suggestions and have a couple prototypes 3d printed before I commit to having some machined.

I have no idea how to modify the file and I'm looking for someone to help me out - cash, a thank you card, heartfelt gratitude are all on the table.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NWRed:
Ive got an item I'm trying to have made and the shop with the cheapest quote wants me to make a couple minor changes to make it easier for them to make. I'd like to duplicate their suggestions and have a couple prototypes 3d printed before I commit to having some machined.

I have no idea how to modify the file and I'm looking for someone to help me out - cash, a thank you card, heartfelt gratitude are all on the table.
View Quote

New files sent.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Blob:

New files sent.
View Quote

Thanks, I really appreciate it
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm looking for someone who's good at creating designs to create/modify a project for me. I'm looking for a more realistic looking U2 Dragon Lady. I've found a couple examples online but only one of them has the BLOS Pod on top of the fuselage, and the main wing intersection with the underwing pods looks odd. I do have a printer, but I'm just learning, so I'm not an expert on it. This will be given to a fellow co-worker who used to work on the U2 some time ago, that's why I'm looking for something a bit more realistic if possible.

Examples I've found:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2429276/files

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4330785
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Another CAD request, to add to my existing open request on this thread regarding a BETA Co. drum mag feed tower:

Anyone have a file for a Colt 607-style moderator, like this clone in the EE? Wanted to use one on my .22LR 607 3DP upper in-progress.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By scul:
Originally Posted By smullen:
@scul
Measurements of the Block, as best as I could are :
2"w x 3 3/8"l x 1"h.  I could not find my calipers to measure the holes, may need to pick up another set this weekend.

Below are 7 or 8 pics...  Sorry they came out so huge, I just pulled them off my phone and FTP'ed them up to my domain space....

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-FrontView01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-OtherEnd01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-OtherSide01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-SideView01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-TopView-Both-Pos-Neg-Angle01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-TopView-Both-Pos-Neg01.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-TopView-Both-Pos-Neg02.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-TopView-Both-Pos-Neg03.jpg

http://www.pstpst.net/PDB/PDB-TopView-Negative.jpg

View Quote

@scul

Hey I just wanted to post pics of the battery terminal covers that you created for me, in action...

These things are awesome and will do the job.   I can't believe that till now, no one has created these...

Huge thanks.

He was super easy to work with.
I posted a request of what I was looking for I sent him some pics, he then turned it around in a day or two with 3D pics of his prototype, asked a few more question and said the final product will be ready tomorrow...

He then sent me actual pics and a tracking number...

I got to try them on my batteries late last night and I love'em....

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By smullen:
Originally Posted By scul:

@scul

Hey I just wanted to post pics of the battery terminal covers that you created for me, in action...

These things are awesome and will do the job.   I can't believe that till now, no one has created these...

Huge thanks.

He was super easy to work with.
I posted a request of what I was looking for I sent him some pics, he then turned it around in a day or two with 3D pics of his prototype, asked a few more question and said the final product will be ready tomorrow...

He then sent me actual pics and a tracking number...

I got to try them on my batteries late last night and I love'em....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73890/1000012535-3186868.jpg

View Quote

You're welcome, glad they fit first try!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone wanna print me a flange?

Here's my idea: I got an Inline Fabrication case kicker for my single stage press to speed up decapping brass. However, you have to stop every so often to empty the Akro bin it discharges into. If I were to cut a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom of that bin, and I had a flange about 4" X 3 1/2", about 1/8" thick, with a 2 1/2" OD tube hanging down an inch or so, I could gently clamp some 2 1/2" ID vacuum collection hose to it and drop all that brass right into a bucket. Anyone picking up what I'm putting down?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#12]
Originally Posted By pokey074:

Here's my idea: I got an Inline Fabrication case kicker for my single stage press to speed up decapping brass. However, you have to stop every so often to empty the Akro bin it discharges into. If I were to cut a 2 1/2" hole in the bottom of that bin, and I had a flange about 4" X 3 1/2", about 1/8" thick, with a 2 1/2" OD tube hanging down an inch or so, I could gently clamp some 2 1/2" ID vacuum collection hose to it and drop all that brass right into a bucket. Anyone picking up what I'm putting down?
View Quote

Like this?

If the bin has straight sides, you could do something like this to get the brass to funnel itself into the output chute:

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Like this?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Flange-3187223.png

If the bin has straight sides, you could do something like this to get the brass to funnel itself into the output chute:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Flange2-3187234.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Like this?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Flange-3187223.png

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/Flange2-3187234.png
Exactly what I had envisioned. The bin does have straight sides, and, not having a 3D printer, I didn't even think of making it a parabola to funnel the brass.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#14]
Exactly what I had envisioned. The bin does have straight sides, and, not having a 3D printer, I didn't even think of making it a parabola to funnel the brass.
View Quote

PM me your address.  If you're cool with covering shipping I'll get these going. With it being reloading I tend to recommend PETG. It holds up to the oils and crap it may experience better and won't fatigue having a hose clamped to it, etc.

Black okay? I'll print you one of each and send your way.

Also, get exact measurements if you can of hte inside of the bin. I'm going to undersize it a hair to get it to slide in, but wanted to make sure you give me exact measurements in case you were just guestimating earlier.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have time for a design? I can shoot you some money for your time.

I’m needing to make a cup holder insert, but can’t seem to get the taper right with my skills(or lack of).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Drunktech:
Anyone have time for a design? I can shoot you some money for your time.

I’m needing to make a cup holder insert, but can’t seem to get the taper right with my skills(or lack of).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307742/IMG_8701_jpeg-3187285.JPG
View Quote

Does it have a bottom? Or is it open?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#18]
Damn the rat beat me to it.

Well. I can print it faster, at least.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#19]

PM me your address.  If you're cool with covering shipping I'll get these going. With it being reloading I tend to recommend PETG. It holds up to the oils and crap it may experience better and won't fatigue having a hose clamped to it, etc.

Also, get exact measurements if you can of hte inside of the bin. I'm going to undersize it a hair to get it to slide in, but wanted to make sure you give me exact measurements in case you were just guestimating earlier.
View All Quotes

PM sent. Black is just fine. I was a little off before. 3 3/4 X 3 1/4 is the exact inside measurement of the bin.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#20]
PM sent. Black is just fine. I was a little off before. 3 3/4 X 3 1/4 is the exact inside measurement of the bin.
View Quote

Okay I'll adjust and get it printing. I'm going to radius (fillet) the corners and will undersize it 1mm in either direction for easy slipping in. Brass won't squeeze in a gap that small.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Good lord, that was fast.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Drunktech:

Good lord, that was fast.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.
View Quote

It was a single sketch part.

Draw the cross section profile, revolve around the axis. Boom. Thats about as easy as they come when you have proper CAD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:45:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#25]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
I did 2 sketches and a loft
View Quote

SW's Loft feature gets finicky with sketch profiles with holes in them. It pisses me off. I usually have to do two lofts. One to make a solid body, and another to punch out the hole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:52:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#26]
There is no want ads for paid services here. Rat.

I've having a terrible time finding a case for my shotgun chokes, they're extra long/extended. I also have salvo chokes that aren't like anything else. I can provide measurements but would like a printed case for 8 long chokes and one for 6 salvo chokes should be able to securely close, have a little room for neoprene foam.

Also would like to make a light mount for a scuba FFM.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#27]
@pokey074

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
That looks amazing!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#30]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
Still looking for someone to print me that sparx hockey tray. If you are interested please let me know.
View Quote

If things slow down some I can try, but I run 0.6 nozzles on my machines, so I don't even have them calibrated for 0.4 which that model would probably be best suited for.

It's also a shat ton of filament changes and a lot of wasted filament. The number of printers that can pull that off cleanly vs. not really narrows down potential order fillers. and it's probably a half a roll of filament by the time you consider an acceptable purge, so you're talking $10-15 in filament if it prints clean the first try. Not saying nobody will do it, but I can understand why nobody has raised their hand yet.

I'm happy to try a 0.6 but I'm not sure what PLA colors I have on hand. I know I have hot pink and brown since I just printed a Dugtrio for my daughter.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

It was a single sketch part.

Draw the cross section profile, revolve around the axis. Boom. Thats about as easy as they come when you have proper CAD.

That's what I would have done.

This thread has potential to be fun. I may start checking it more often for some of the challenges.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By memsu:

This thread has potential to be fun. I may start checking it more often for some of the challenges.
View Quote

How many sketches for the part on the left?

I did it in two.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
If it's going to be a pain I can go buy a tackle box tray.  I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be.
View Quote

I can run it for you if you're okay with a single color.
The example one is just done in a very fancy way that is pretty wasteful of filament.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#35]

I did it in two.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/1000010275-3188122.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By memsu:

I did it in two.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/1000010275-3188122.jpg

I could see doing it in 2 sketches, but I'd have to work out the removal of the curved part at the top. I have it in my head how I'd do it, but I'd have to try it in the CAD program.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Check this out!

https://i.imgur.com/ahRDArK.mp4

My measurements were a little off and I forgot about the ramp at the front but this is too cool.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a fan of Magpul's battery storage cores. And if I'm going to have a VFG on my rifle then I'd like to be able to use the same 2x CR123 storage core I use in the pistol grip.

Can someone design an MLOK VFG that fits Magpuls battery storage cores?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone want to take a crack at this?

Its a tray for my new boat. 1/2" thick bottom because I might recess some magnets into it, 2" tall overall which will leave 1 1/2" inside to throw baits I cut off, pliers etc. I plan to adhere it with 2 sided tape or maybe some non permanent silicone. I do not expect it for free.

Like this

Goes here on my boat

Footprint template
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:42:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#39]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:12:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Just a an FYI, most printers aren't big enough to make that in one piece. We also aren't allowed to charge, so please be aware of that
View Quote

I saw the not being able to charge deal after I posted. I just hate for someone use up a bunch of material and get nothing in return but I understand why that is a rule.

I was afraid it would be too big for most beds. Anything smaller would look goofy for the space I have.

I could probably lay out the angles and radii if someone thinks it could be done on their printer and wants to take a crack at it.

I haven't played with 3d printed stuff a whole lot, what are the chances it could be made in two pieces and I could glue it together with decent seams? Maybe printed with a motise and tenon type connection just to get it lined up?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#41]
A little CAD help would be appreciated.

This primer flip tray holder is too narrow for my MTM primer flip tray.

Could someone widen the slot a couple mm for me?  Thank you!

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: adam_p] [#42]
Originally Posted By adam_p:

I saw the not being able to charge deal after I posted. I just hate for someone use up a bunch of material and get nothing in return but I understand why that is a rule.

I was afraid it would be too big for most beds. Anything smaller would look goofy for the space I have.

I could probably lay out the angles and radii if someone thinks it could be done on their printer and wants to take a crack at it.

I haven't played with 3d printed stuff a whole lot, what are the chances it could be made in two pieces and I could glue it together with decent seams? Maybe printed with a motise and tenon type connection just to get it lined up?
View Quote

More measurements if someone wants to screw with it. Measurements aren't critical obviously, just trying to get it to flow with the angle of the boat. If someone wanted to print it in 2 pieces I can figure out how to glue it together.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By adam_p:

More measurements if someone wants to screw with it. Measurements aren't critical obviously, just trying to get it to flow with the angle of the boat. If someone wanted to print it in 2 pieces I can figure out how to glue it together.

https://i.imgur.com/trOsOQ4.jpeg
View Quote

Here is the model. Its close to your measurements. You just need to find someone to print it. I recommend using ASA or ABS or at the very least PETG.
https://www.printables.com/model/855324-bcb-bass-cat-boats-2023-bass-cat-cougar-tray
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there a reason that for-pay printing is banned on the forum? Seems like the sort of thing that should at least be allowed in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Brian01:
Is there a reason that for-pay printing is banned on the forum? Seems like the sort of thing that should at least be allowed in the EE.
View Quote

I'd imagine cost for one. People dont realize what effort something takes. For instance your request may be several hours of CAD work. Thats several hundred dollars just in design work before the prep/slice time, etc.

Custom work for starters is extremely expensive and doing it for voluteer allows people to help out with no expectation of perfect products. I don't really see much middle ground here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:56:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cj3waker] [#46]
Posting this again with a bit more clarification

I'm looking for someone to make a recover tactical optics mount

They have a mount add on for their chassis, but it is only one-sided, and since its polymer it ends up being kinda flimsy. I would like someone to design and print one of these that is two sided and attaches on both sides of the chassis (recover only didn't do this because it would be harder open the chassis up to get the slide off, I don't really care about that - I would just like a more solid optic mount.

The chassis already has identical mounting slots on both sides, but they made it one sided so it could be disassembled more easily. The mount itself just need to be mirrored to the other side to make it a two sided mount

I'd prefer this thing to be printed in some sort of glass nylon.

Here's what the optic mount looks like

For whoever is up for this, I'll send you a p80 recover tactical chassis to use with the modeling, and you can just keep it when you're done
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top