Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 7:25:00 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

The damn bottle is too tall to fit in my cabinet. Oh the horror.

It's been a while since I've had some and I kinda remembered there was something I didn't like about it.  Now I know

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It's got a weird waxy after taste.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Get some Balcones Brimstone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's got a weird waxy after taste.
View Quote
It isn't the same as it was when I was buying it 5 years ago, that is for sure.

Sad, it was a daily for me, so was EC12.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was going to say something funny like buy a bottle of Buffalo Trace and let it sit for 6 more years, but I remembered this isn't GD.

You don't necessarily have to put it in the liquor display, I'd put it somewhere that I'd have easier access to it since it is a favorite of mine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I cracked it open last night.

I didn't get the weird wax taste some spoke of.  Actually I thought it was very good.  In fact, I think it's better than the weller special reserve.  I'll have to try them side by side to be sure though.

That would be great because the eagle rare is always on the shelves at the state store but the weller isnt.

Guess I'm going to need to adjust the height of my shelf to make room in the cabinet to start having a few bottles on hand.

Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha - I showed it who's boss.  Just adjusted the shelf a little.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top