Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 3:30:12 PM EDT
Anyone get into these yet?

S/O and I have been drinking the Southern Belle by R-Wines (Shiraz in Pappy Van Winkle barrels) and I decided to pick up a mixed case of other brands to try.

Opened a Jacob's Creek Shiraz last weekend and it was fantastic, a little sweeter than the Southern Belle but very enjoyable with a meat/cheese/pickle plate.

We also tried the Mondavi Bourbon Barrel Aged Cabernet Sauvignon the week before and neither of us liked it, so we won't be buying that one again.

Seperately, the wife has tried 1000 Stories branded ones and she enjoys them, but I havent had any yet.

Next up is the Cooper & Thief.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you finding those bottles local to you or online?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you finding those bottles local to you or online?
View Quote
Local....since you're in FL - ABC should have all of them except the Southern Belle which is special order only through smaller stores.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Local....since you're in FL - ABC should have all of them except the Southern Belle which is special order only through smaller stores.
View Quote
Thanks.  I will have to check them out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The beer aged in those same type barrels is quite tasty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This is our haul from this weekend.  We picked them up at Total Wine.  I haven't tried any of them yet, but we have some wine loving family coming into town this weekend, so I am sure we will do a massive tasting then.

Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is our haul from this weekend.  We picked them up at Total Wine.  I haven't tried any of them yet, but we have some wine loving family coming into town this weekend, so I am sure we will do a massive tasting then.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz177/unsub073/B-Wine_zpsq4pgezwm.jpg
View Quote
the big six is next on my list...let me know how it is
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

the big six is next on my list...let me know how it is
View Quote
We failed this past week.  The only bottle we tried was the Cooper & Thief.  I drank way to much Rum and Vodka while they were here.  The Cooper was a little to sweet for me, but it does make a really good pairing with 70% dark chocolate.  I didn't like it as well with milk chocolate.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We failed this past week.  The only bottle we tried was the Cooper & Thief.  I drank way to much Rum and Vodka while they were here.  The Cooper was a little to sweet for me, but it does make a really good pairing with 70% dark chocolate.  I didn't like it as well with milk chocolate.
View Quote
Just opened a bottle of Cooper last night.  It's definitely sweet, I'd call it a port/cab blend.  Not something I'd drink a lot of, but it's very good with a good cheese as a dessert wine.  Good red nose to it, then it hits your tongue and it just melts into the bottom of your mouth...best way I can describe it, unique in my limited experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top