Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2017 10:56:57 PM EDT
Okay; been a Jack Daniel's man (and a Squire) for the longest, but i want to broaden my libation horizon, so as the title says; Irish Whiskey, what's your go-to?

I have a couple of minis here to tidy me up before i got buy a full bottle. One of Jameson and another one of Bushmills; I hear Glenhoagh (sp.) is good as well...

What's on your glass?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
when i was in Ireland Powers and Jameson is what they drank

that said...as Irish as i am i drink proper Kentucky Bourbon
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
In Irish Whiskey I really lik red breast (any of them), Jameson 12, Bushmills 10 or 16 as my go to drinks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Jameson
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I liked Jameson 12 but I can't find it around here anymore.
Even better is Redbreast 12 or 15.
Green spot is also a good one.  I have not tried Yellow spot yet.
Connemara, which is a single malt is also good if you like peated whiskeys and it is more smooth and not quite as strong as some of the Scotch versions like Lagavulin.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Jameson on the rocks of course.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite is Yellow Spot.  Harder to find and around $100 a bottle.  I've been very impressed with some of Powers offerings, both the regular and some of their special bottlings.  Teeling is tasty, as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top