Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2017 9:35:13 AM EDT
Here are some of the winners for this year.  

World's Best Bourbon
John J. Bowman Single Barrel Bourbon
United States

World's Best Single Malt
Craigellachie 31 Years Old
United Kingdom

World's Best Blended
Suntory Hibiki 21 Years Old
Japan
View Quote
For the rest of the list and categories, check out the link:

2017 Awards
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
lol some of those 'winners' are a gross

JJB SiB? Really?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw some of the Bowman's on the shelf last week.  Haven't had any in a long time.  Read this post and thought, "What the heck, Bourbon of the Year" so I picked up a bottle tonight.  Cost $54.45.  Very nice bourbon,however, IMHO, over priced, and not "Bourbon of the Year."
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw some of the Bowman's on the shelf last week.  Haven't had any in a long time.  Read this post and thought, "What the heck, Bourbon of the Year" so I picked up a bottle tonight.  Cost $54.45.  Very nice bourbon,however, IMHO, over priced, and not "Bourbon of the Year."
View Quote
Bowman is low-quality Buffalo Trace distillate that was trucked over to Virginia to age at the Bowman facilities. It's gross
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bowman is low-quality Buffalo Trace distillate that was trucked over to Virginia to age at the Bowman facilities. It's gross
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Opinions differ.  Didn't think it was gross, just didn't think it was "bourbon of the year" level of tasty.  If it was priced the same as Eagle Rare if wouldn't find much fault at all.  Just my 2 cents.

As to low-quality BT distillate, here's what a little digging turned up.  FYI - Lots of folks think the mash bill is actually MB #1.

"A. Smith Bowman, like Buffalo Trace, is owned by Sazerac, and they get their juice for John J. Bowman Single Barrel from their brother in Frankfort, KY.  The twice-distilled Buffalo Trace white dog (mash bill #2) is shipped across the Appalachian mountains to VA where it is distilled for a third time.  A. Smith Bowman ages the whiskey in upright barrels, as opposed to laying the barrels horizontally, as most operations do."
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If i was awarding anything for last year it would be to the prohibition style old forestor. That shit was amazing!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If i was awarding anything for last year it would be to the prohibition style old forestor. That shit was amazing!
View Quote
A man after my own heart.  Completely agree.  Think I'll recommend it the the OP in the "Pick my next bottle" thread above.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
The best new release of the last year in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top