BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 3:48:27 PM EDT
Right now it is this one..

Calcareous Vinyards
2013 MOOSE
82% Syrah, 18% Petit Verdot

It just hit me everywhere good when I had it last.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Caymus whore checking in
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had some very, very expensive wines but for casual enjoyment we both like the Apothic wines. 

Get Apothic Inferno if you can find it. Darker, closer to a port. Delicious. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Arizona Stronghold Mangus.......hard to find anymore though.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
white: Pouilly Fuisse

Red: Saint-Émilion
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a Greek wine, Agiorgitiko, that was absolutely fantastic.

2008 Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet Sauvignon and 2012 7 Falls Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon are my two loves.
They're both Washington Wahluke Slope wines and I'm suspicious they may be more intimately related than it appears.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a Jewish Wine,  "I want to go to Miami Morty"
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arizona Stronghold Mangus.......hard to find anymore though.  
View Quote

Stronghold has some awesome wine!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife (no pics) likes moscado. I like Spaetlase or however you spell it... in a blue bottle with like a nun on it or something. Then there was that sparkling wine I picked up in Lajes Azores. It was pretty good but I don't remember what it was called.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a sucker for a good chilean malbec or cab sauv . Montes generally ranks among my top vinyards of any of them though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a sucker for a good chilean malbec or cab sauv . Montes generally ranks among my top vinyards of any of them though.
View Quote
Chile has been knocking it out of the park recently.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Not much of a wine guy, prefer whisky, but my fav is just cheap ass Italian table wine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not much of a wine guy, prefer whisky, but my fav is just cheap ass Italian table wine.
View Quote

It's hard to beat the days when everyone made their own house wine. When I get back from overseas, I intend to get into this. As long as you know what grape variety you're using the rest is pretty well published.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not a wine snob, but I get to drink a lot of high dollar bottles like Revana cab because I have friends that like to show off. I'm very happy with a bottle of Starmont cab split with my wife though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's hard to beat the days when everyone made their own house wine. When I get back from overseas, I intend to get into this. As long as you know what grape variety you're using the rest is pretty well published.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's so easy to make your own alcohol. Making it exactly the same way every time seems to be the trick, though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's so easy to make your own alcohol. Making it exactly the same way every time seems to be the trick, though.
View Quote

Yeah, it's actually amazing to think of how consistent some booze is, when you consider it is using plants and living yeast.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had some nice wines back in the day when my brother worked in Napa but my go-to inexpensive favorite is Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Recently, we did a two day marketing trip to Dallas and hit Pappa's Bros. in back to back nights.  I am sure there are better steak joints, but it is near our clients.  By the second night, we had killed eleven bottles of the Caymus 2013 and 2014 Cab.  That was just the red wine portion.  I am not a wine drinker, as I have problems with the sulfides, but this is one of the few wines I can drink.  I can only afford this stuff on the company's dime.  It's pretty much the firm's official wine.  If you are at a nice steak joint, and there are a bunch of loud drunken Cajun attorneys, and the waiter tell you they are out of Caymus, stop by and ask for LSUTigersFan.

And, thanks for the recommendations!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm digging this Layer Cake Shiraz lately.

I'm usually a beer guy, but damn it goes good with a cigar.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I am a huge fan of Douro wines.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Stronghold has some awesome wine!!!
View Quote

Their "Mangus" is honestly the only wine I've ever tasted and though to myself "damn, now this is some good wine".  

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't have a clear favorite, but anything deep, dark, dry and red is pretty good in my book.  Some chiantis, there are some nice reds out of Bordeaux, some cabs out of California.

Currently stocked with Bogle Phantom...it isn't the best I've ever had, but it's a real pleasure to drink, and it's been consistent the last 3 years.  Seasonal, unfortunately, but I don't drink wine often, so I've started stocking up when it's available.

Keywords I look for are blackberry or black cherry with pepper.  Oh, and dry, of course.

Can't drink whites, instant migraine about 90% of the time.  Hesitant even to taste them, it doesn't take much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top