BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These are my go to blades. I like them better than Feather. Sharp enough for me but way smoother.

Has anyone used Gillette Nacet blades? I would wager that all of the Russian blades marketed by Gillette are made in the same Russian Factory in St Petersburg and just re-branded as needed....Howe many blade factories could there possibly be?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gillette Silver Blues! I've had them last 3 shaves. very very nice blades, and the package smells like they were made in an ammunition factory.

Well, they're Russian so they might have been made in an ammunition factory. win win.

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Double-Razor-Blades-Russia/dp/B0059QF5RS/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1462676838&sr=8-1&keywords=gillette+silver+blue+razor+blades

These are my go to blades. I like them better than Feather. Sharp enough for me but way smoother.

Has anyone used Gillette Nacet blades? I would wager that all of the Russian blades marketed by Gillette are made in the same Russian Factory in St Petersburg and just re-branded as needed....Howe many blade factories could there possibly be?

I've used the Gillette Nacets, for me they were pretty similar/comparable to a Silver Blue, though I still prefer the SB's for now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a bulk buy on some Feathers but seems I like the Merkur better.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorites are Personna med-prep blades.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Super Irridiums were my favorite till they got hard to find them. After that Feather. I'm still working through a sample pack I got with a used razor and the Feather is still tops.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
1. Feather
2. Van Der Hagen
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1. Feather
2. Van Der Hagen
View Quote

Feather
Green astra

Hate sharks. Wish they didn't come in the sampler I got. Might as well pull my hair out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Voskhod
Derby
Astra superior platinum
Feather
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gillette Black
Feather
Polsilver Super Iridium
View Quote

Haven't tried that Gillette but the other two are favorites.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#9]
TREET platinum & everything from Gillette St. Petersburg (Polsilver SI, Gillette 7'Oclocks, Rapira...)
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought big supply of Feather blades, ...now bearded because wifey liked.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bought big supply of Feather blades, ...now bearded because wifey liked.
View Quote

I've had the same 250 pack of feathers for well over a year and still have plenty left. Of course, it helps that I can get away with shaving every other day even in the military.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Personna Blue. May try red next!
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Persona Blue. Best bang for your buck. Not that DE is expensive in general...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Feather blades are simply amazing. I couldn't ask for anything more. I still have a ton of blades in a box that I try every now and then, but it only further proves that I like feathers the best.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Feather
Gillette 5 O'clock, (green)
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Personna Med Preps
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I have come to really appreciate several high quality DE blades. My current favorite blade is the Gillette Nacet blade which is made in Russia and can be purchased on eBay or Italian Barber for under $15 bucks for 100. I also really like Feather, Kai, Personna Med Prep, Astra SP, Perma-Sharp, and Polsilver. I have MANY DE blades on hand but still want to try Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (yellows) and Gillette Blue Silver blades.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Gillette Silver Blue are my favorite. They are comfortable, give me a smooth shave, and stay sharp the longest.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and order a sample pack from West Coast Shaving. We're all different. So many people say the Feather is wicked sharp but I couldn't get a good shave and they sucked balls after a few shaves.

I found Derby works best and I order them by the 100 pack now. Well, I did when I was shaving. I've been wearing a beard for the past couple of years now. The 34C is a fine razor btw.
View Quote

Im in this camp.....tried feather and yes they are sharp but I don't care for them....After trying various blades I buy Derby in bulk every couple of years
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wow, that's quite a range.  Derby is not even in the same league as Feather, for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feather.

Followed by Derby.

Wow, that's quite a range.  Derby is not even in the same league as Feather, for me.

I used to use Feather but tried some Bluebirds and they were much better for me.

I wanted more and found out they are discontinued but that Derby are the same so I ordered some.  They seem to be the same to me.

Now I have 200+ Feather blades that I don't want and won't use sitting in a drawer....ugh.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I used to use Feather but tried some Bluebirds and they were much better for me.

I wanted more and found out they are discontinued but that Derby are the same so I ordered some.  They seem to be the same to me.

Now I have 200+ Feather blades that I don't want and won't use sitting in a drawer....ugh.
View Quote

Why not sell the feathers?!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I didn't realize that there would be a market for them.  Off to research.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I guess I didn't realize that there would be a market for them.  Off to research.
View Quote

Pop 'em up on the EE, somebody will pick 'em up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I was really liking feathers but recently tried the Gellette silver blues and it gives a much more comfortable shave and more forgiving.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Feather
Green astra

Hate sharks. Wish they didn't come in the sampler I got. Might as well pull my hair out.
View Quote
i bought some Sharks bc they were cheap. Worst fucking blades of all time. Some were super sharp, half of them werent. Glad I only bought 50.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Personna Crystals.

And Personna products generally.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Feather.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
The Japanese Kai double edge blades have been working great for my thick stubble. Very sharp, but smooth.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I do not know why and most of you will cringe but I just decided to buy 100 Bic blades.

Of all of the samples you guys sent me Bics seem to give me the best shave AND they last a while.

One question about Feathers.

Is there a difference between the yellow and the black and red package?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:06:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe so, with preference usually leaning towards the yellow pack.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Feather and silver blues where my go to blades. But now that I've tried the black box 7 o'clocks I don't know if I can find a better blades.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I've only been DE shaving since Father's day, and have only tried Van Der Hagen, Personna Reds and Dorco. I like the Van Der Hagens the best, then the Personna and last but not least the Dorcos.

Meijer sells the Van Der Hagens for about a dollar a blade. I'd like to order them from the company that makes them for Van Der Hagen and save some $$$
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm still working my way through a rather large pile of Personna israeli reds.  There were some that came out of the package sharper but nothing else was as comfortable or lasted as long.  With proper prep I sometimes get two weeks out of 'em.

Furring up for the winter though, so the next one I open will probably last until April.  
View Quote
This. I bought a 100 pack a couple years ago and still have about 15-20 left. Gotta start shopping for a good score on some more...

I like Feather but they just don't last very long for me. The Personna reds will go for close to 2 weeks shaving Monday - Friday and I shave my head twice a week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#34]
My new Go-To is Voshkod teflon coated.

I have gotten 5 EXCELLENT shaves out of one blade and am going to try for a 6th in a few minutes.

Best blades I have found yet.

FWIW I have a heavy beard.

Update.

#6 was a pretty good (but not excellent) shave.

Still, 5 excellents and a good shave out of one blade ain't bad.

I wonder what kind of ships the Russians make these blades out of.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Crystal

I worked my way through two different sampler packs. These are the best that I have used.
View Quote
This. For an inexpensive blade they are amazingly smooth and last, usually, double the shaves of other blades I like.

I also use Astras, Personna Blues, Personna Reds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Derby or Voskhod.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s the number of blades in the pack
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Astras - green or blue.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I had a sample pack of Docro, Derby, Personnel, Bluebird, and Feather.  I've been using Feather last four years because it's the sharpest.  However, the first shave would give me some nicks.  Second shave is usually the smoothest.  It never last more than two shaves, though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I've been DE shaving for about a decade now, and Crystals are my favorite blades.  Cheap, work well, and they're easy to get.  I've tried a bunch of others in various sample packs over the years, but I keep coming back to these.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I really like my Arko soap and Personna blades. I tend to use the blades much longer than I probably should.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Astras - green or blue.
View Quote
this
though i dont use them much any more
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Feathers for me, so far anyway. I'm relatively new to DE shaving but they are the best of the ones I've tried so far, i.e., Merkur, Astra, Shark, and Derby. I have sensitive skin and get much less irritation from the Feathers, which I thought odd given their reputation. Maybe the combination of a super sharp blade and mild razor (Merkur 34C) works for me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#44]
These.

As you know, all razor blades are made from Navy ships.

These are made from Red October's sister ship and last.

I have a brutally heavy beard and get over a week out of one and get a GREAT shave...BETTER than a barbershop shave!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Top Three

Gillette Silver Blue
Gillette Nacet
Gillette Platinum
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#46]
A year later my favorites haven't changed much:

Persona Crystals
Astra Superior Platinum
Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O clock Black
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I use Derby and Shark. Good blades for the money, Can pick them up for around 8 bucks a 100
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm a recent DE shaver. My soap "collection" is impressive (most are samples, but it's a wide array of artisan soaps regardless). My blade collection, not so much. My EJ Kelvin razor came with a five pack of Derbys. They took multiple passes and left me with mild irritation, but I got a close shave. I then purchased a pack of Personna Reds (terrible, lots of weepers and irritation for me so far), Gillette Silver Blues (very minor weepers and only a wee touch of irritation in my trouble spots that's likely caused by my poor newb technique, but a BBS shave), and Gillete 7 O'Clock blacks (haven't tried them yet).

I'll be ordering a few others from TryABlade.com soon, namely Voskhods, the other Gillette 7OCs, and Feathers, since my face seems to prefer sharper blades.
View Quote
Try the personna med preps
They cost more, but are sharp and as smooth as glass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#49]
My face likes Astras the best.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A year later my favorites haven't changed much:

Persona Crystals
Astra Superior Platinum
Gillette Platinum
Gillette 7 O clock Black
View Quote
Ten years on, I'm still using some from the large stock of personna reds I laid in when they showed promise, and I'm on my second case of arko soap.

Buy 'em cheap and stack 'em deep.  This is not only good advice for ammo and rifles.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top