Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 6:47:07 PM EDT
Invicta 8926

So, I slapped a mosquito and my band popped off the lugs.

Update:
Got the band back together! Great!

Put it on and thought all was well. Heard a strange noise...the rotor is now loose and hitting the inside of he case back.
WTF

Invicta warranty? Mail the $25 lol within one year.

Ready for an upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a hollow end lug. It broke. I don't know of anywhere you can get one that would match. You could always go to a NATO or Zulu strap.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact Invicta to see if they will get you one. In the meantime, go look for the filler piece, it's laying right where you won't look.

That's exactly how it works, if you won't look there, that is where it is. Use a flashlight laying on the floor and turn the beam illuminating everything that sticks up. Much easier to see it.

BTW you just learned why watch repair desks are high backed on three sides - to knock down and contain flying parts. If  you are working on Mrs. Rumplebutz's old Rolex you cannot afford to lose a part long out of production. No different for you or me. Always work on watches in a corner of the room if at all possible, never on carpeting, and if you need to, inside a cardboard box propped up to catch flying bits.

You can still wear the watch without the lug hider, agreed that's a 'meh' idea. Switch to mesh and they don't have them. Nato or Perlon is another choice, in summer its a nice change. Invicta bracelets are out in the used market, too and somebody might have the fillers for sale in a watch forum.

The real problem is that now, you aren't happy with the watch and you might think it's time to try something else. Resist that impulse as much as possible, it leads to owning another - and you will then discover you're affect by Timepiece Associated Repair Dissonance Syndrome. Don't wake up next month to find you are now just like the rest of us TARDS, more watches than you can wear, no winder, and looking at G Shocks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
You could also get a Speidel bracelet to replace it. I have several Invictas and Seikos, some have proprietary ends, that one does not and therefor you are not married to Invicta for parts, nor will changing bands affect the value.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top