Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2017 9:31:49 PM EDT
Always wanted a watch (case, band) made out of tungsten carbide, mostly because I have seen how durable it is with my wedding band.

I was only aware of a few really cheap quartz watches made from it, and one Swiss Legend model.

But in the past few weeks I randomly read about some TC watches from Android Watches USA in FL (now renamed Aragon), either here or on watchuseek; which caught my interest.

Anyway, one ebay auction later I am now the proud owner of an Android AD726 Hercules watch.  44mm black dial, luminous indexes/ hands, exhibition caseback, sapphire crystals, SII NH35A movement with date.  This one has only gained 1 second in the past 5 days (knock on wood).

Now being made from TC, I knew it would be heavy.  This thing tips the scales at 10.5oz!

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the look of that. BUT, this trend of HUGE watches I hate. I want a watch that does NOT make my wrist look small .Why should I wear a watch that (AFAIK) only is worn on the Jersey Shore?

OP, Nice watch, but,  I am Not a Body builder,Pro-wrestler.Bro-Dozer owner/operator.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the look but that's too heavy for me.
My Ball Spacemaster is very similar in size and weight and I only wear it occasionally due to the weight.

Cool watch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Lame
Flashy
No tritium
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like the look of that. BUT, this trend of HUGE watches I hate. I want a watch that does NOT make my wrist look small .Why should I wear a watch that (AFAIK) only is worn on the Jersey Shore?

OP, Nice watch, but,  I am Not a Body builder,Pro-wrestler.Bro-Dozer owner/operator.  
View Quote
LOL.  The watch itself isn't actually all THAT big, but it is true that I have small wrists.  44mm dial, plus the bezel.  Android / Aragon made models of this watch with blue and purple faces in 48mm and 49mm dials as well - those would be too big (to me anyway).
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Obviously some people are concerned with a watch fitting under their cuff at work where they won't be targeted as being male.

Is that bracelet TC, too? They do add to the weight but also balance wearing it. Larger watches on Nato's tend to need a tighter fit to keep from falling off the back of the wrist. A bracelet helps it sit still.

As for size - it's in the eye of the beholder. Small watches are a white urban coastal thing. Overseas they would get laughed at as being a women's watch. Real men in other countries still consider a watch as a statement of social prominence and power.

Might be why so many are cowered by weight lifters, the military, brodozer owners, etc.

Nice watch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the look but that's too heavy for me.
My Ball Spacemaster is very similar in size and weight and I only wear it occasionally due to the weight.

Cool watch.
View Quote
When I pulled the package out of the mailbox, I thought wow, the seller really packed it well - this box is heavy.  Then when I opened it up, saw only some paper stuffing on the outside of the original box, I knew all that weight was in the watch itself.  Threw it on a scale just to see, 10.5oz as is, would probably be 11oz with the rest of the links for the band (which I have, but don't need).  I think when I get back to a titanium watch in rotation, I will think how light it is...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lame
Flashy
No tritium
View Quote
Lame - mostly agree.  Normally I would only go for perpetual calendars with as many simultaneous date displays as possible (day, date, month, week, year, leap year).  The NH35A is a mass produced, cheap, generally not very well performing movement (cheap enough that if it needs servicing, easier to replace with a new one).  I wanted this watch simply for the case / band material.

Flashy - I am still waiting for anyone besides the wife / kids to notice it actually (but I wear watches every day, and its like a new haircut - who really notices anyway...)

No tritium - true, but that is true of all my watches.

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Obviously some people are concerned with a watch fitting under their cuff at work where they won't be targeted as being male.

Is that bracelet TC, too? They do add to the weight but also balance wearing it. Larger watches on Nato's tend to need a tighter fit to keep from falling off the back of the wrist. A bracelet helps it sit still.

As for size - it's in the eye of the beholder. Small watches are a white urban coastal thing. Overseas they would get laughed at as being a women's watch. Real men in other countries still consider a watch as a statement of social prominence and power.

Might be why so many are cowered by weight lifters, the military, brodozer owners, etc.

Nice watch.
View Quote
Thankfully I no longer work in an environment where I am required to wear dress shirts and ties everyday, so fitting under a cuff is not a concern with this watch (though I do have others that can be used for such when needed).

Yup, both case and band are TC.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#9]
very cool. love the unique material
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Been wondering about the quality of those, I've been looking at a Grey Silverjet with the 9100 movement.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got the same watch.  I also have about two dozen other Android/Aragon watches.  Wing Liang is one of the best when it comes to service after the sale.  He is one of the most honorable boutique watch makers.
Jack
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it a lot, I would love a TC watch, and I love how heavy it is...I have a TC wedding ring, so I should get the watch to match!
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've got the same watch.  I also have about two dozen other Android/Aragon watches.  Wing Liang is one of the best when it comes to service after the sale.  He is one of the most honorable boutique watch makers.
Jack
View Quote
Good to know.  I've always read if you have an issue with an NH35, easier to replace the movement with a new one (since they are so inexpensive).
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a Seiko automatic last me 41 years without any service even though it had water incursion.  I killed it by wearing it using reciprocating hedge clippers.  I have over 30 Seiko NH35,36 and 38 watches.  Great quality and functionality at a decent price.
Top Top