Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2017 3:47:16 PM EDT
New to the whole watch thing, but I want a Breitling Superocean II 42 in black.  Jomashop has the one I want, but I know nothing about this company.  Are they legit?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I sure hope so.
I've spent well over $30k with them over the past two years.
Including a Breitling SuperOcean 42mm Blacksteel.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Buying "gray market" (Jomashop):
Jomashop is 100% legit and your watch will be authentic.
You will NOT have a factory warranty.
The manufacturer will service the watch, but the cost will be out of your pocket (so my rule is unless you're saving at least $750 off of MSRP buy from a authorized dealer).
Customer service is generally poor/average, expect ignorant phone staff (you're buying it cheap remember).
Very carefully inspect your watch BEFORE removing any tags or plastic protection.
I go so far as to manually wind the watch and either check it on a Timegrapher or check the timekeeping via a phone app for at least 24 hours before I remove the plastics.
Once you remove the plastics/tags, you own it.
If you need to return the watch for any reason follow their return procedure to the T and you won't have any problems. Veer off course and you're on your own.
I can't emphasize enough to inspect the watch BEFORE removing the tags (that's the biggest fuckup people who bitch about Jomashop online seem to do).
The Jomashop in-house warranty work is farmed out to who's cheapest. Don't use it. If the watch needs repair just suck it up and pay out of pocket for factory service (that's why you make sure the savings are at least $750).
I've bought many expensive watches from Joma with ZERO problems and will buy more in the future.
Just go into it knowing you're getting a discount because they're a warehouse not a jewelry store, expect warehouse customer service.
Any specific questions or concerns ask away and I'll answer if I can.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buying "gray market" (Jomashop):
Jomashop is 100% legit and your watch will be authentic.
You will NOT have a factory warranty.
The manufacturer will service the watch, but the cost will be out of your pocket (so my rule is unless you're saving at least $750 off of MSRP buy from a authorized dealer).
Customer service is generally poor/average, expect ignorant phone staff (you're buying it cheap remember).
Very carefully inspect your watch BEFORE removing any tags or plastic protection.
I go so far as to manually wind the watch and either check it on a Timegrapher or check the timekeeping via a phone app for at least 24 hours before I remove the plastics.
Once you remove the plastics/tags, you own it.
If you need to return the watch for any reason follow their return procedure to the T and you won't have any problems. Veer off course and you're on your own.
I can't emphasize enough to inspect the watch BEFORE removing the tags (that's the biggest fuckup people who bitch about Jomashop online seem to do).
The Jomashop in-house warranty work is farmed out to who's cheapest. Don't use it. If the watch needs repair just suck it up and pay out of pocket for factory service (that's why you make sure the savings are at least $750).
I've bought many expensive watches from Joma with ZERO problems and will buy more in the future.
Just go into it knowing you're getting a discount because they're a warehouse not a jewelry store, expect warehouse customer service.
Any specific questions or concerns ask away and I'll answer if I can.
View Quote
Thanks for the advice!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Went with an 2017 Omega Seamaster Black Face Diver 600 from DavidSW.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
DavidSW is a great choice.
You will probably get a valid warranty card from him.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a 4/17 warranty card
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top